Backyard football

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
Dont u just ove playing football with like 20 of ur friends its so great. I luv it u can really mess people up without pads and no rules or nothing so fun I luv it. Especilly when u play in rain or snow.

rusky
Wow...u violent dude..u.. big grin

§pearhead
I'm going to add grammar and such now.

Ok then! stick out tongue

Yeah, It is pretty fun, I have to admit.

Blissbo
Nothing is better than playing in the snow. People get f'd up so bad.

tptmanno1
you should see us Band geeks play!
We don't stop till someone gets hurt!

DeNiro
So i bet the band geek games last like 10 minutes then laughing out loud just kidding

I cant wait this saturday i am going to walker park with like 20 of my frineds they are all on the football team and we invited all the frehmen football players omg we are going to ****ing dominate it is going to be like 50 dgrees so nice out the last time we played it had rained and snowed the night before so when you got tackeld u slid like 20 feet big grin

Krabs55
rain+football+mud=good dirty fun

DeNiro
Hell yea we played yesterday I sucked for some reason but it was still fun. all i know is i threw on good pass it ws like a pieace of thread going threw a needle hole because there was double coverage and boom it was right there

DigiMark007
Bumping this.

So anyway, me and my friends take backyard football way too seriously.

We keep stats. Yeah, not joking. I have, for example, a lifetime QB Rating in our games (we've been doing it for something like the past 7 games...so not terribly long).

The stats aren't exact, but we do bring cones and measure our field so that the size of the field we play on is standardized (60 yds. plus the end zones). Certain other variables come into play like how many show up and how long we play, but it's usually pretty similar so the stats are a good indicator of how good we are with respect to the rest of the "league".

Then we have the requisite crappy-ass trophy for the game's MVP to keep until the next game (welded from random scraps of metal), and we're huge on strategic elements like huddling before plays even if they aren't a trick play, and mixing man and zone on defense.

Problem is, we're mostly a bunch of ex-cross country runners. So we're fast and athletic, but if we play anyone else generally we're a lot smaller (we have a bigger guy or two, but are still undersized even by backyard standards). But we make up for it by playing to our strengths and being smart about our play.

Like I said, way too seriously. embarrasment
But it's fun as hell. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.