Sam Raimi talks "Spider-man 4"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ones
Along with Maguire, Dunst and other recurring cast members, Raimi is signed on to make Spider-Man 3, due out in May 2007. Raimi is uncertain whether he will stick around to direct future Spider-Man movies if the franchise continues beyond that.

"As long as I'm interested in the character and have a real curiosity toward what happens to him, I know it's the right picture. And the moment I don't feel that, when I'm less interested in him, I don't want to touch it with a 10-foot flag pole, because I'd be the wrong guy. It would be a terrible failure," Raimi said.

"People wouldn't like it. I've got to be very, very interested to make a great picture, and I want to try to make a great picture out of Spider-Man. So I could only answer that question after the third one."

In his self-deprecating way, Raimi adds a final thought on his prospects for directing Spider-Man 4.

"Or what might happen is, I make the third one, and I might say, 'You know what, I'm very interested in making the fourth one,' and the audience says, 'We really wish you wouldn't.' That's the other way in which I might not be making the movie."

TheOne101
sounds like a plan. i cant wait. i know it will be good as long as they dont show the same things in all movies. gotta be new villans and people and such.

wuTa
the chick wo plays mary jane has said the 3rd film will be here last one...she's not gonna make a 4th so that be cool if they introduce betty in the 3rd one and have her have a relationship with parker......that would suck if raimi left i think he's doin a good job..he's stayin true to the comics some other director could want his own vision and completey f*ck it up

Red Superfly
I'd rather have Mary Jane, but considerring I find it incredibly hard to find Kirsten Dunst attractive (she looks 14 years old), I'd rather have Betty Brant replace her. It's a backwards idea in terms of story, but man, that chick who played Betty Brant in the first movie was HOT!

Spiderman_RJ
indeed she is very hot.......but calm down people felicia hardy is introduced in the second movie so she can come as black cat (maybe) on the third.......or they may left a way for her coming in the fourth, so spiderman and black cat could date on the bigf screen (erc) althoug the actress is also hot/!!!!!!!!!!!1

TheOne101
red superfly you said betty was introduced in the first movie? i dont recall this? and spiderman rj how do you know blackcat is in S2?

Red Superfly
Yeah, Betty Brant is the girl that says "Welcome to the Daily Bugle"

Red Superfly
Here's the chick that plays Betty Brant in the movie. Her name is Elizabeth Banks. Hot huh?

Red Superfly
Now, isn't she a lot hotter than Kirsten Dunst?

wuTa
she is...but didnt she have darker hair in the movie?

Red Superfly
Yeah here's a good picture of who Betty Brant is.

She looks almost exactly like her comic book character.

Red Superfly
Peter, what are you waiting for????

wuTa
yea thats who i thought it was....thats a good pick but she looks hotter when your watching the movie

Red Superfly
Yeah, she has a sexy voice too.

I'm glad I turned this into the Betty Brant topic.

wuTa
hey i brought her up..at least gimme a lil credit

Red Superfly
OK then. WuTa turned it into the Betty Brant topic.

*points moderators in WuTa's direction*

Heh heh, all is going to plan. Good, good.

VENOMfan
she is a lot better lookin than Dunst, I dont care for Kirsten

Red Superfly
Time for Red Superfly's fact for the day:

Did you know that Elizabeth Banks (Betty Brant) and Tobey Macquire (Peter Parker) both starred together in the movie Seabiscuit together?

wuTa
laughing ..what would adam west say of this manipulation?

i knew spiderman wa a jockey but i didnt know betty brant was in that movie

Red Superfly
Batman: "I shall feed this information into the bat-computer, old chum"

Bat-computer: "Red Superfly. Evil."

Batman: "Just as I suspected, to the Batmobile Dick!"

Robin: "Holy Conspiracy Batman!"

wuTa
here another fun fact: the guy who plays the penguin in the old batman series also plays mick off Rocky

but i'm really startin to like this idea that betty brant should replace mary jane in the 4th flick, she's even got a better bod than dunst... they can even give her a bigger part in the 3rd one...they can have a catfight over spiderman naughty

Red Superfly
Yeah, I know it's messing with the "Holy Bible" known as the comics, but Betty Brant does have a relationship with Pete, and it shouldn't matter if MJ came before her or not, because they could just re-introduce MJ as someone else.

Why did they sign Dunst to play MJ anyway? I still can't understand this.

I'd have signed someone like Eliza Dushku (Faith from Buffy) or someone of equal sassiness to play MJ.

They should have signed Dunst to play Gwen Stacy, because of the fact she could be killed off if she felt she could get any roles better than playing Mary freaking Jane Waston (AS IF!). That, and the fact MJ in the movies is a lot more like Gwen anyway, and Dunst is a natural blonde.

Then, bring in Betty Brant, then later MJ. Sorted. but it didn't happen like that, because Dunst is a big fat stupid doo-doo head.

Spiderman_RJ
she was the girl from seabiscuit? io saw the movie but i dont recall her, i though that woman was the one from pearl harbor

Spiderman_RJ
cos thats she . i dint said black cat, i said felicia

Spiderman_RJ
the one thats is she. i already posted this pic in official spiderman 2 movie thread.shes hot. and she looks like hardy, i think it was a good choice

badsymbiote
Oh, God, I am sure the Catwoman movie will do that one to death. But somehow, I don't imagine mentioning that will stop you guys from wanting to see it. Maybe they can objectify women even more by having Felicia rip the bra of MJ's leather bustier, ala Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson. I'm kidding--it's not like I've never had dirty thoughts about comics. I'm having one right now, actually.

Hit"Em"Up
if dunst dosent treturn for spidey 4 it would be a great idea to throw in felica harding. and they can maybe add a small role for the black cat.

Mr Parker
you mean MAN-SPIDEY 4,the thread should say RAIMI TALKS MAN-SPIDER 4.

Spider-Dan
Mr. Parker,

Why do you keep making the same lame comments? If you have anything to add, please make sure it has something to do with the original thread.

I know I shouldn't say this, but you are the LOSER. You are one of the most annoying people in this forum. Here's an idea, make a new thread titled "Man-Spider" and put all your comments in there. You and your buddies can slam "Man-Spider" all you want in your own thread.

P.S. Give it up already. We get your point. Let it slide, loser.

ragesRemorse
raimi also said he doesnt want to attempt venom's story line, I dont see what else he could make a third movie out of without it becomming redundant, maybe the manspider story. Veom really does seem to be the only path to go down to be original, but we all know he'll do harry and green goblin, eigther way i do have faith in raimim he is a great director

eagle_eye
venom wouldn't be a good choice because he would look too computer generated-ish tho it would still be cool tho i still trust raimi's judgement

The Ones
hey. venom would look real. half of spider man 1 was cgi. i was totaly fooled

Real
someone should just make a venom movie series...and incorporate all the people he's fought with...spiderman, wolverine, carnage, etc...

Pacmanimator
I can see why Raimi might not want to do a fourth film. He's probablty getting tired of directing Spiderman, I do think there should be a fourth one, but if Raimi doesn't feel like doing it then he shouldn't. LEt's just hope if he doesn't do it, Sony hires somebody who can fill Raimi's shoes and make Spiderman proud.

Red Superfly
That's good to know, I'm glad Raimi is sticking with the classic Spider-Villains. As long as he's directing, the movies are in good hands I think.

Like I said, I hated the Goblin costume, but that's OK because it wasn't Raimis doing. I still trust Raimi to be true to their characters.

Predator 89
On the internet Sam talked about not wanting to do a 4th spidey film because he was unsure he would have the time or energy to do another. so in other words he's probably getting tiered of directing Spider-man films. Also on scifi wire he said that he wanted to make the spider-man films more of a story arc rather than a franchise.

TheVenomSymbiot
How's this? Since Raimi maybe stopping at whenever and not being passionate for Venom, INTRODUCE Brock and the symbiote in 3, but give them their own movie after that.

peeper2006
I was watching the Spiderman 2 edition of TRL and Kirsten Dunst said that at most she only wanted to do a third installment of the Spiderman movies. Tobey agreed.

LIZARDRULZ
I'm hoping Lizard,Mysterio,Rhino,and Chamelion get in one of the movies eventully.Mysterio and Chamelion would be interesting together since they both of power of illusion they could give spidey a run for his money or make a maxium carnage movie would be great with all the character from that series cloak and dagger,deathlok,shreik, doppleganger,spidey,venom,demogoblin,and of course carnage and ne1 i'm missing

Red Superfly
nope, looks like you've got a LOT of villains there.

Pick one of those villains, and it'd be realistic.

I mean come on, were gonna be lucky if there's a 4th film at all. 2 Goblins and an Octopus, maybe a Lizard. Venom doesn't look too likely at all.

I hope they don't "do a Batman" and give it to some idiot who ends up ruining the franchise - especially if they choose to do it with Venom.

The Unknown
They could do the Sinister Six (Harry replaces Doc Ock).

The Unknown
What part of the movie is Felicia in?

The Unknown
She was their last chance for MJ. They couldn't find anyone else.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.