Jet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SeptemberRain
Does anyone like the band, Jet? They are from Australlia and are great. They are sort of like Oasis. They have two hits on the radio: 'Cold Hard B!tch' and 'Are you Gonna be my Girl?'. They went on tour recentlly with The Vines and The Living End. I wanted to go to a show but none of my friends knew about them. But they are coming to Detroit again this saturday, im not missing them again.

tabby999
theres a thread about this, but it's burried way back, pages ago. i dont want to sound rude, but australia has one l, and i personally think that Jet are crappy, they dont do it for me at all, if you want good aussie music, go frenzal rhomb, there the bees kness! if they ever come your way again with The Living End and The Vines, check out The Living End, they rock, throw something heavy, a full bottle would do, and kill the lead singer of the vines, they to suck balls and dont respect their fans, and leave before Jet play. sorry if i burst your bubble

SeptemberRain
I looked for a Jet thread and couldnt find one. Oh,well. No, you really didnt burst my bubble, 'cause im still going to like Jet, but i have heard The Living End is good. I havent hear any of their stuff though.

loserib
i cant stand jet they sound like an acdc rip off band and the new song cold hard ***** sounds to me like a mix of stiff upper lip and my women from tokyo

the best aussie band ever is and allways will be acdc

tabby999
the other topic was about the vines, sorry, jet must have come up in conversation in that thread, but i stand by my call that they suck.

oh and loserib, what about INXS? they're aussie and they kick some serious arse

ElectricBugaloo
tabby, all i'm gonna say is you have terrible musical taste.

moving on...
Jet isn't all that great. They need to decide who's style they're trying to steal and stick with it--or better yet, find their own sound!

tabby999
why do i have terrible taste? i said the vines are shite (they are), that Jet suck (you said that too) and that The Living End are good, which, last time i looked, they are too. the only good Jet reveiw i've read became good because Chris Chenny and the drummer (i dont remember his name) from the Living End turned up and joined in. oh and i said i liked INXS, and i think lots of people also like INXS

SSisac0ck
Jet is abolsolute crap. They're taking the route one way to getting popular....get dressed in retro garb, write a few catchy riff songs and get promoted well. A little known fact is that they sacked their bass player when they were signed to a major record company because he didn't fit in with what the record company wanted to do with the band. Jet also rip off everything from of the greatest Aussie bands YOU AM I and started off as a You am I cover band also. They suck, don't know enough about the Vines to slag them off as much as Jet.

loserib
inxs was good but i still think acdc are better

SSisac0ck
WHen does the reality show begin where INXS will audition "Idol" style for a new lead singer.

tabby999
i hope they dont do that, that'd be a weak way of replacing Hutcheson

SeptemberRain
i saw Jet in concert last night

tabby999
lucky you

SeptemberRain
It was free

el barto
Four words:

Crapy AC/DC Rip Off.

SnakeEyes
I like Jet, but i think it is funny how the lead singer starts screaming in between lyrics AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SeptemberRain
the show was funny, cause during the encore they all either were smoking or had a ciggerette in hand

SnakeEyes
lol

tabby999
yeah, killer.....

ragesRemorse
i think jet had the oppertunity to be somthing good, but have besome blinded by the light. I mean people dont know that they have been together since 1997. They have worked really hard and still do. they have earned everyhting they have right now. As for stealing music styles, and masquerading a specific image to become trendy. Well that isnt true. They always wanted to bring classic rock back to the table, which i am all for. from the start they have never changed there style of music. They believe what they play. there image is the same it was back in 97. I have been a fan of jet since 99 loved there music. They are changing though, i believe they are giving into there sudden spark of light fame. They will blow up soon as an mtv band and give us the same songs for the next three years untill there fogotten

They do have talent though, they could be somthing different, and a band that stands behind what they believe. I hope this to be the case but highly doubt it. If there next album is released through the mtv coorperation before the fans you will know they are sellout could have beens

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.