Should there be a silent hill movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chops
any thoughts. i personally would like one

Dario Argento
I don't know. I think it is hard to create the same mood in a movie.

BackFire
If done correctly it would kick ass, but as Dario said, it would be difficult to mimic the mood that is in the game.

HockeyHorror
no dont ruin the game sad

dean7879
they made the resident evil game into a film and look how crap that was...but it might as well be made...u never know

tabby999
yeah resident evil is a good example of game/movie crossovers

chops
yea i guess so

tabby999
look at it like this, if they make it to the games story line, then people will say it was predictalbe, if they make it completely different from the game, then people'd ***** it wasn't like the damn game. the poor bastards couldn't win

Black-Ball
Yeah I play Silent hill and resident evil both, and silent hill is by far better and I think that if they did the movie the right way that would hit way harder than resident evil did

ragesRemorse
well resident evil wasnt a bad movie though. However, yeah i could defaintly get psyched for a silent hill game, because silent hill focuses a great deal more on somthing than resident evil does, and that is called a plot. Silent hill has a vivid atmosphere with a disturbing execution in it's story. So yeah i think it could be done into a good movie. In resident evil, we got everything the game gave us, a survival/thriller Yeah there could have been more horror, but it created a great horror atmosphere for me.

Mr Zero
thing is - silent hill was scariest when it was just you running around in the mist wondering where the next smackdown of terror was coming from...so even tho id be interested in seeing a movie - i doubt it would have the same effect....

all those hours of running in the mist listening to the static on the radio...

Ohhhhh.......

ragesRemorse
no, change over to hell, the disturbing walk through the hospital and school, Walking through a desolate town with traces of blood and gore here and there, with major destruction blocking you in the town, not knowing what is going on, demon bat things chasing you when you hear static, and not to mention the unfolding of the plot and many other nasty creatures you meat along the way, all while trying to find out whhat happend to this town, becuase you need to find your little girl, and the only other source of life is a cop who is as lost as you,but it turns out you two have a deeper conncetion than just being stuck in the same boat. That seems like a great damn movie to me.

BadKitty
god if they did this movie right it would scare the crap out of me...I can't even play this game when i am home alone..it freaks me out big time!

BackFire
"thing is - silent hill was scariest when it was just you running around in the mist wondering where the next smackdown of terror was coming from...so even tho id be interested in seeing a movie - i doubt it would have the same effect.... "

I disagree, I think the scariest part of the game is when you're in the school and you see that little shadow baby in the bathroom. That was the scariest part of any game I've ever played. Truley scary.

The whole schoolhouse segment was freaky. Walking around with little naked childlike beings stabbing you with knives....man that game was awesome.

slayer
i haven't played the game.

I don't have a PS2!

Zilverz
Havent played the previous Silent Hill games .. but Silent Hill 4: The room is freaky as hell you guys should check it out ... i get on addicted streaks where i cant put the controller down ..

MildPossession
Roger Avary has finished writing the script for the film.

BackFire
Roger Avary? Bah.

Rules of Attraction is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Pure prententiousness.

MildPossession
Haven't seen it, read the book though.

Phoenix Aska
All right...yes and no.....yes because the games were freaky and it would be interesting to see how it turns out...it would be scary to audiences only by loud sounds and oictures of weird deformed human beings and other things...(like the pyramid heads). But they probably won't make one because only people who have played the gane will want to go see it...Which is not that many people..
Like the house of the dead movie...I watched that and said...WHAT ThE **** IS THIS??? They had game graphics of zombies dying in the movie...that was totally reterded....

MildPossession
There is probably going to be a Silent Hill film, big chance they will go with the script that has just been written, like I mentioned in my post.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.