Why is Spider-Man your favorite?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hermes Great

wuTa
i dont know why he is my favorite.....maybe coz spiderman is such a smartass...how could he not be your favorite?

Red Superfly
If I go through all the reasons why I love Spider-Man, I'll be here all day. He is my fave, that's all I'm saying. The character, the villains, the setting, his age, his powers, his importance, everything. Best ever.

Robo-Chocobo
I like spiderman as my fav here for a couple of reasons. first, he chose to be a hero for he learned with great power comes great responsibility. he does itout of obligation for his loved ones. 2 he's not invincible like a certain leotarded cape waering baffoon, he is human, like the rest of us(sorta), sure he has super stregth but he is still weaker than a ton of the more strong men in the marvel verse. he more relies on his onw unique qualities to win, like spidersense, or his speed and stickin to walls.

it is becasue he has flaws in his char that is what makes him so unique. becasue he cant fly, becasue he's not the strongest in the universe, becasue he's an underdog, because the public doesnt trust him(jjj). that is why i think he rocks

SUCK IT SUPERMAN

VENOMfan
Spiderman is tops. for pretty much every reason RS posted earlier
getting specific could take ages when dealing with such a great franchise

wuTa
i think the easiest way to put is that Stan Lee did such a genious job creating spider-man ....almost every kid can relate to Peter Paker in one way or another and when a normal kid becomes a superhero overnight you see that its not as great as of a job as you might thought it would be (but of course everyone would do it).....you got all that plus the villians and problems of a everyday kid and you got the best superhero ever

Zephonim
VENOMfan, Equilibrium, hell's yeah.

VENOMfan
Hell yeah Indeed!

Red Superfly
Also, despite the fact the villains and the super-powers that are incredibly sci-fi and "out there", Spider-Man is still incredibly realistic. I just love how Stan Lee can make a radioactive spider seem pretty reasonable. All his enemies are based in science fiction, and those that can relate well to Peter Parker, probably love scienece fiction as much as Pete does.

who?-kid
He's the most realistic superhero ever : he can be stupid, naive, smart, cunning, clumsy, impressive... you name it.

He's not mister perfect, like some other heroes I won't mention now, he can catch a cold just like anybody else. He has trouble dating (or had trouble), isn't that fond of his job, has sometimes trouble paying the rent, has trouble keeping his true identity a secret...

He can be beaten by a third rate villain as Shocker, but at the same time, he can give Thor a run for his money. He's strong and fast, but not too strong and not too fast (no Flash or Quicksilver speed).

And he tells jokes wink and has a will made of steel. How could anybody not like him...

VENOMfan
the deep ties to his enemies are all so brilliantly woven together and his enemies constantly have sub agendas with each other

I would have loved to see the Kingsley Hobgoblin take on the Norman Green Goblin instead of harry

and Shocker vs Electro has been one of my all time favorite pipe dreams

Spiderman_RJ

Arachnoidfreak
Spiderman may be the most overall well-written comic hero ever.

Spiderman_RJ
yah

Wizardkid233
because SPIDERMAN is DA MAN

klipso
superman sucks cause he cant get hurt
batman sucks cause he has no superpowers

spiderman is my favorite cause he CAN get hurt and he DOES have powers,

and because unlike superman and batman his movies dont suck
i have a bunch of spiderman comics under my bed too
i watched alot of the cartoon show also

Red Superfly
I actually like Batman BECAUSE he has no super-powers.

I think Batman and Spider-Man are the best comic book heroes out there.

I have never been a fan of Superman, he was just born with everything - how could he NOT fail? He's such a loser. Spidey was given his powers, but in the recent comic book stories, it was revelaed that only someone of Peters character could have recieved them - which I think was yet another brilliant turn for the Spider-Man origin.

Batman EARNED everything. He's just a bloke, but he'd give Spider-Man a run for his money, and he has beaten the Justice League. I like him because his stories are like Sherlock Holmes with Baterangs. His playboy persona is all just a front, hiding his tormented soul underneath. He has a lot of parrelels to the average person - where in this day and age, we have to put up a front an awful lot of the time to be successful.

That's why I love Batman and Spider-Man - both are admirable, likeable, bad-ass, awesome characters, and because they are also believeable, is why I've stuck with them since I was like, 7.

BurnetteBeauty1
what is there to say... he is just my favorite

Manowar
i like spider-man because, like VENOMfan said, he is one of the most well-written characters ive ever heard of (the only ones that come close are batman and xmen)

punkyhermy
I agree with everything u said.
I love my brucey!

punkyhermy
And i do like and respect spidey, just not as much as batman.

Manowar
and that right there is your downfall wink

wallywest13
i dont really like spiderman as my fav the flash is mine

Robo-Chocobo
I like spiderman because ican relate to him. he lives a some what regular life. he was a nerd in highschool, nothing ever worked out for him, but he keeps going, he doestn have to be spiderman, but he chooses to do so.

with great power comes great responsibility..

that signle line leaves a haunting echo upon my mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.