vash vs legato

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

archangel_I_am
ok i was just wondering which of the two (in popular vote ) was better because i here people say legatos better couse he looks cooler than i hear the same exact thing about vash....personnaly id go with vash he is a little more like me than legato

R@ven
Legato could have crushed Vash with Vashes own hand ..... he had to make Vash kill him.

Legato looks crazier and smarter but Vash is funnier.

Cizal
Vash resisted Legato's mind control, there was no chance of Legato being able to do anything to Vash. It was of Vash's own free will that he killed Legato.

For the record, I think Vash is much better.l

R@ven
resisted total mind control but it was Legato's own doing that made him draw and point the pistol.

Cizal
True, but Legato himself said that Vash had free will at that point. He could have let Legato live.

Of course, the fact that he HAD to kill Legato just shows that Vash can't always solve things without killing people. In essense, he had to kill the spider to save the butterfly, a complete 180 from his original philosophy. Legato was important for that reason alone.

BlackHatDefect
I like Vash a millatini bit more,but Lei Lei..well hes a babe!

as for fighting...with Vash being a pacifist and all..Lai Lai would win without a doubt...

archangel_I_am
yea well now that vash sees that sometimes you do have to kill i think hed win any fight most hed let the enemy win somtimes hed kill intentionally.......i never saw the last episode how does he 'save' knives?

oh yea vash had a choice kill legato or kill all those people trying to kill milly and merile now whowould you shoot.....or would you shoot i would have not killed anyone but wounded the people trying to hurt the insurance people therefore saving the day....and well after that id RUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!

bardock
vash

Cizal
Legato would have just found other people to control to hurt Vash, which will be by taking away his friends. He HAD to kill Legato, else it would have just been an endless cycle of death, all because Vash was merciful to one who doesn't deserve such.

Oh, and when he and Knives fought(last night's episode), he just doesn't kill him, and that's all that we see.

Beyond_Batman
Vash! I mean... if Vash could kill he would destroy Legato...

Lord Ryugen
Vash. Whenhe wantsto be h's a brilliant gunfighter.

R@ven
Legato won because he wanted Vash to kill him... Vash would have never gotten to Legato if Legato didn't want him to. plus if Vash wanted to kill he would be too weak minded to resist, Vashes will to not kill is the only thing that caused him to be able to resist Legato.

Cizal
Incorrect. No human has ever shown the capability to shrug off Legato's mind control, but both Knives AND Vash, both PLANTS with HUGE amounts of energy, could stop it. But you're right, Legato DID want Vash to kill him, and he did end up winning the battle in only the way he could.

jesusmonkey777
i still think that there could have been another way ynow........save the spider (legato) and the butterfly (the othr people) but in a sence vash did save legato didnt he he gav him the death that legato longed for so his killing legato was justified right?

jesusmonkey777
and wgen legato summoned the arm hing (i still dont know its name damn) vash resisted it now thats will power

Lord Ryugen
It's the angel cannon.

jesusmonkey777
oh thank you........thats an appropriate name i guess

Cizal
It was willpower, yeah. But as a plant, he has far more than any human could. The angel arm that Legato summoned wasn't even a full powered one(if you've seen the final episode, you'd see that at full power, the angel arm is a LOT different in it's full form). I don't see how that proves anything.

Cizal
"No one has the right to take the life of another"(probably isn't the exact quote) Rem Saverem.

If you haven't noticed, Vash followed(before killing Legato, anyway), that philosophy to the letter. No killing is justified in his eyes. Sure, he probably could have stopped them from killing Meryl and Milly, and without killing Legato or those humans. But if you haven't noticed, Legato's mission in life is to make Vash's life HELL. He built up farther and farther until he finally was killed by Vash, fulfilling his purpose pretty damned well. It wasn't that Legato wanted to die, exactly, but that he wanted Vash to suffer.

R@ven
^exactly

jesusmonkey777
yea that pretty much nails it

Stormchild
know what your all right, Vash is better. but is their no besides me who can assocaite with legato?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.