Eminem sucks...why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TrAnCeDuO
the other day i was over at my fathers friends house and i was speaking with his son...he asked me if i liked eminem...i told him that he was a talentless hack who just repeats himself in the three categories of mainstream rap(those three would be 1"i got bling bling look at me"2 street survival or 3 something that relates to the club)eventually i got him to shut up but still i dont think he really understands how terrible eminem truly is....

so im asking you all....please tell me (with reasoning and educated answers of course)why is this godawful artist so bad?

Df02
doesnt seem so bad to me, seems like 1 of the better mainstream rappers.

but then again im not really a big fan of rap

MudvanneJessy
rap is very very gay.
all they do is moan and groan.
they use their bass too loudly. you can not understand them half of the time. the people that listen to rap can understand them. and they tell me that they cannot understand what my bands are saying i agree 100% with TrAnCeDuO

HockeyHorror
tell him to try listenin to Underground hip hop and we should kill and sacrifice MudvanneJessy to the Gods.

well Eminem i never liked, he's got a great flow from what i listened to but his production and lyrics are weak. there are better white rappers out there...not only that there ARE better rappers out tehre besides eminem, 50 cent etc etc...
i wouldn't say he's one of the better mainstream rappers...

Deathblow
he's definitely more talented than most radio-friendly rappers, but like hock said, there are tons better; I mean Nas' first album is a 1000 times better than anything Eminem could ever hope to produce.

HockeyHorror
Illmatic was great. but after that Nas fell sad

Deathblow
I know sad

Thats the thing with the good mainstream rappers, most of them make a real sweet first couple of records, then make nothin but shit afterwards. Biggie, Outkast, Nas, Mobb Deep and The Pharcyde all fell.

Darth Revan
Eminem isn't THAT bad compared with 30 cent or some shit like that. He has an occasional stroke of brilliance in which he writes good lyrics.

snoopy43
I really love watching middle class white kids trying so hard to be 'gangsta' or they be 'representin'. They don't have a freakin' clue as to what the music's about. I don't either. I'm white. The music's not made for me. Rap/Hip-Hop was created by African Americans for their voice, their culture. But along comes little 14, 15, 16 year old white kids trying to be cool and trampling all in the music. Hell, even Rap's being marketed at little kids in toy commercials. Kind of takes away what the true meaning of what the music's about.

Linkalicious
I must not be listening to the same Eminem as you guys. I don't know too many of his songs because I hate rap, but I've never really heard him sing about his bling bling or about life in the club. I always hear him singing about how f-ed up his life is and how he's a complete druggie.

As for this BS you guys claim to be underground....well it's not underground guys. If you know about it, it's just about as main stream as it's gonna get. Unless of course you're from a city like Detroit, LA, Chicago, or New York where there are actual underground rap contests and what not.

You guys have actually managed to commercialize the phrase Underground. Way to go.

And Eminem is a bad ass rapper for 1 reason and 1 reason alone. He can glue together some more than decent lyrics without ever using the word "nig.ger" in his music.

99% of rappers, even your "underground" rappers, shoot that word out 60 times per song...without that word, those guys are just wanna be Will Smith's.

Sorry to any black people I offended with the use of that word, it wasn't directed at anyone...it's just used to prove a point. Oh yah, and rap sucks....PERIOD.

VENOMfanFAN
The only album of his I liked was the "Slim Shady LP," and even that was only select few songs I liked.

Kind of going along with snoopy43; my last year of high school at the awards cerimony, one teacher handed out joke awards. One of which was the 'Urban Gangsta' award. It went to one of my friends, Zach. Or, as we called him, White Chocolate.

Zach was kind of a joke. But, he was an alright guy. Never tried to start nothing... just a nice guy. But, he called himself black and such. It was kind of a piss off.

White Chocolate... laughing

TrAnCeDuO
first of all i live pretty damn close to detroit...16 miles at most...but even in the suburbs where i live his sickening influence has spread to every single wigger...and because of this image it starts giving them ideas that they are entitled to be the worlds biggest a$$hole....
second of all about being in the club...what about "without me" or "the real slim shady"....that sure as hell sounds like flaunting your fame to me...

ElectricBugaloo
he doesn't do the in the club thing or bling bling, at least what i've heard. he's not very good though. Most of his songs are a pale imitation of what NWA did

MudvanneJessy
Eminem is not good at all. just as TrAnCeDuO said he moans and groans about how f-ed up his life is. i grew up in Detroit,Warren, And Hazel Park. Em had it hard but he does not have the right to say how bad his life is because once he got his money he left.

TrAnCeDuO
huh? i dont remember ever saying he was whiney(sp?) like linkin park...im just saying he is a terrible artist who offers nothing new to the table...and i wouldnt blame him for leaving this hole of a city...

m!$hA
i dont mind eminem...dont hate him - dont love him!!! he's talented...but not really for me...i mean. ...i think mainly young kids like him....i dunno, i think his hip hop is mainly like....it's sort of poppy if u know what i mean?? i dunno, just mainly his songs dont have a meaning to em...ah i cant explain myself...but sum1 will get what im saying yes............................

LilKitty
I hate rap. Eminem, im indifferent to, he does amuse me occasionaly with his videos.

The person i wanna slap silly is 50 Cent!

m!$hA
u do realise ur sig has the name of a rapper on it (tho its spelt different but still stick out tongue )
but on the other hand....whos the hottie in ur avy??

Hit"Em"Up
nas stillamatic was a great album no joke.

but people like what they like.

im an eminem fan.

so go ahead and diss me and see if i care.

MudvanneJessy
i said that to make a point

WindDancer
He is just another pawn of Dr Dre. I never liked his music or his movie. He is just an overrated rap artist just like the rest. Does he suck? IMO Yes he does!

Clovie
there is too much of him everywhere...
and for me he sold himself... confused
it is not the thing that i care about rap or hiphop (seriously what is the difference between these two? blink )

i don't know where i was going to blink sowwie bag

LilKitty
There is a rapper called fabulous messed blink laughing out loud

HockeyHorror
i think he spells it different. like Fabolous

laughing out loud

weak rapper. another bling bling rapper

i just remembered an Immortal Technique quote:

"The bling bling era was cute but its about to be done, ill leave u full of clipse like the moon blockin the sun"- Immortal Technique
yes

MudvanneJessy
i said this before but he sucks big time he would not know music if it bit him on the butt. laughing out loud

El Toro De Brah
Tranceduo and Mudvanne i dont really see your points as valid cos i think its just your style of music. i have sh!t loads of mates who into Trance (mostly yugoslavians and russians) and hate rap just because of its commercial appeal. Mudvanne is rock i suppose (dont really know) and same goes for for you Jesse.

eminem was the person who really took hip hop/rap mainstream internationally after the deaths of biggie and tupac. i guess he ahd to have brought sumthin to the table. his first album was very raw and childish. probly the 1st person to attack not just people he knew but a group (i.e. gays and women in general). and only 2 "Club" hit in that which wuz the real slim shady and guilty conscience.
his 2nd album was more refined. 3rd album was really lacking in my opinion. this is because i think m&m has got nothing left lyrically since he's said all he had to say about his f*cked up life. i think the best thing for him to do is take some time off 2-3 years and regather himself.

to say he sucks is a bit f*cked up in itself cos the man did bring something fresh and new in 1999 and sold millions. he no longer can be underground but underground these days (as mentioned earlier) has become commercial in itself. and this bullsh!t about where you from, who gives a f*ck. u can live in australia (like i do) and still appreciate music. its tru that m&m has set off a trend of teenagers (mainly white) tryin to b a G but again, they will grow out of it so let them be (altho they can get annoying). im from samoa and i c sh!tloads of people dressing G - like but its nuthin. it's just a appreciation for music they love.

trance and rock are less appealing these days cos they arent as commercailly appealing. especially trance b'cos most of trance music is created by nerds behind a computer. but i got nuthin against these 2 music as i listen 2 dem as well at times.

MudvanneJessy
it obveesly depends on where you live because thats how you get noticed. M&M got noticed by Dre. and thats the only reason that he got noticed is because the gay and sexual lyrics he makes. eminem deserves to die. nobdy likes him exept a bunch of wiggers in our schools. he says everybody wants to be him well i dont. i say f**k him. he is just a wanna be.

MudvanneJessy
that goes to M&M. not you El Toro De Brah

PunisherFan33
i agree with mudvanne

Linkalicious
I'm gonna say he's far from a wanna be, he's actually the real deal here bud. He's famous enough for you to know who he is, he's sold more records and had more of his songs downloaded on Kazaa and Napster than you'd ever dare to try and count. And he's been generally accepted by the black rapping community.

Just a question...Jessy and Trance, are either of you white?

el barto
In my point of view he doesn't suck but he's not good.

HockeyHorror
el barto u use to LOVE eminem^

remember

TrAnCeDuO
yes we are both white but i dont see how race has anything to do with it....i just hate him because hes a terrible artist...

Linkalicious
Cool, so based on everything you've said about how much better your taste in rap music and hip hop are....you've just labeled yourself as the same kind of "wigger" that you were chastizing on your previous posts.

Lets not be a pair of hypocrites now.....

Sarah15
i like eminem..

moonwalker741
yeh i like eminem too......

his underground album is rele good, its called independent, it when he first started rapping

PunisherFan33
metallica actually had the most songs downloaded because the are better, they have had more hit singles, and more albums. big grin rock

Pyrofly
im not very fond of eminem anymore but i dont hate him some of his lyics are really good...he is one of the better rappers

Deathblow
Not really. In fact he's not even one of the better white rappers. Compared to the likes of Sage Francis he's nothing.

TrAnCeDuO
how can i be a hypocrite when i dont listen to his crap music? or follow the rap sub culture(or whatever you call it that looks alot the gothic sub culture)

BackFire
Eminem bitches too much.

"I grew up in a trailor park and my mom was a ****, oh woe is me" There are plenty of people who grew up in a trailor park, or who had easy moms, they dealed with it without making mundain and whiny rap songs.

Plus, if you listen carefully, his voice is very similar to Steven Urkel.

finti
laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

PunisherFan33
yea he sucks big time.

raginrhino_316
I think that eminem is stupid because he always talks about how bad he has it and yet look how much money he has. His life can not be all that bad....and rap completely blows

PunisherFan33
i agree totaly with raginrhino_316 beer huh shifty

el barto
Please let's not dwell on the past.

HockeyHorror
"the past reveals the future"

how can we forget the past and move forward?

el barto
I've done it a million times smile

HockeyHorror
laughing out loud

PunisherFan33
yea laughing out loud

im burlyman
I read in this thread that "Eminem was another pawn of Dr. Dre." No shit. stick out tongue They may suck to some, I personally am indiffrent, but they sure as hell made a f*ck load of money. erm

HockeyHorror
makin lot of money doesn't mean they are good

Mo50cent&JZ
50cent waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay mo better than FEMINEM!!

moonwalker741
i like eminem, he can spit pretty good, he made words that i never knew could rhyme, rhyme, ya' no?, but hes still not the best though...i still think like tupac, biggy, nwa dre ice cube r so much better then him...

DaRk Lotus
i am moving out of Detroit now Fu** 50cent & M&M they kill rock sad

TheRealistKilla
f*ck icp there not even in the music world anymore cause eminem blasted at them on record.

plus he pistol whipped there manager in the head.

icp are just a bunch of homos who wear make up getting of talking sh*t.

icp aighnt no killers there just dust on eminem's shoulder so he dusted them off and told them to f*ck off.

and they backed away.

TrAnCeDuO
bah who cares...im always saying that "the end justifys the means"...well this is not the case...icp is kinda okay...but eminem needs to die more than anything!

SnakeEyes
RAP SUCKS ASS SO BAD IT IS NOT EVEN FUNNY

TrAnCeDuO
*sigh* is it me or is their an overwhelming force of stupidity in this forum?

i wasnt talking about the genre of Rap...i was talking about it Eminem...generalizing like that is just pointless...

Alpha Centauri
This is why Eminem sucks:

"Infinate" album (when I got into his work). How good was it? Ok.

"Slim Shady LP" album. How good was it? ****ing awesome. One of the best Hiphop albums ever.

"Marshall Mathers LP" album. How good? The odd track. After he dropped "The Real Slim Shady" and brought in all the 10 year old Britney fans, he realised he could get money by being lazy which gave birth to....:

"The Eminem Show".

He went from "I just don't give a ****". To giving a ****. He was in Popworld magazine saying he was gonna stop swearing so he is more accessible.

Eminem traded true respect for lots of money.

Eminem sucks because he turned out to give a **** and became another whore at the capitalist gang bang and sold his ass out like a *****.

-AC

HockeyHorror
why is there so much stupidity...

*looks at Snake Eyes*

Alpha Centauri
It's a forum.

If you can't accept that your boy sold out, not my problem. However I backed him since before he dropped "Infinate" so I've seen the decrease in his credibility.

Deal with it.

-AC

Aini
don't really care about him. I just think it's funny that whenever he thinks somebodey said something negative about him he starts dissing the person in a song or whatever/where ever. ...pathetic.

HockeyHorror
AC- good to see ur a eminem fan for such a long time. yes

Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

And people act like he's battled God or something. It was Ja Rule and Benzino. Not exactly greatest of rhymers. Ja Rule is another one who had a killer first album then sold out.

-AC

HockeyHorror
i would like to see Immortal Technique vs Eminem...

yes

TrAnCeDuO
id much rather have him annhilated and any form of his existance wiped clean from the face of the earth....

Alpha Centauri
I'm not sure I'd go that far but his lost wouldn't......well.....be a loss really. The loss has already occured as far as Eminem is concerned. He sold whatever he had of himself long ago.

-AC

SnakeEyes
callin me stupid because i have a certain opinion about a certain type of music is just being even more stupid. I know this is about Eminem and how much he sucks, but i was just going the extra mile and saying that all rap is bad that way, get over it!

Alpha Centauri
Not fair to brand all MCs the same way.

Zack De La Rocha of Rage Against The Machine is a rhymer. As are Wu-Tang Clan.

-AC

DaRk Jester
eminem is nothing but a no talent hag who cant make any decent songs...

PunisherFan33
i dont like eminem period he is pussy. mad laughing

HockeyHorror
i dont like him either, but u guyz are treating him as trash. thats pathetic.

PunisherFan33
how can you say that personaly i hate every album he made. he sucks to where the point if i ever heard his music i will throw up then kill myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

el_barto
Right.... you would kill yourself........ that's really ****ing hard to believe.

HockeyHorror
once again you guyz are treating him like shit. he's one of the only few good mainstream rappers. i personally dont like him but he's doing better than most mainstream.

musicworshiper
i dont really care fer most of the stuff he releases as singles, but i like alot of the stuff he doesnt release, those songs show just how screwed up he really is...

moonwalker741
I totally agree 100%...

..I also agree with that too, but the difference is, that i like eminem, but it really duznt matter...n e ways...

HockeyHorror

HockeyHorror
can u give examples. most you people say lot of stuff but never back up with evidence.

HockeyHorror
laughing im not even an eminem fan, why am i backing him up laughing out loud

TrAnCeDuO
not really your just asking for some decent elaboration....and the statement i made before is based on my deep hatred for social roles...and i find Eminem's to be the most influential and destructive...

HockeyHorror
see, there are way better than eminem out there. but em is doing good for his status in the mainstream. but there are much better in underground and there are some better than em in the mainstream.

PunisherFan33
i wuld

PippinTook
I don't like Eminem....But that could just be because I don't like rap confused Whatever...

Black Onyx
all mainstreem rappers are faggo.ts

HockeyHorror
nah^ 98% are. there are like a couple that are pretty good.

albinery
i know this is old now but ive been reading this and read alot saying "hes got money his life cant be shit" but money isnt everything, it dosent always bring happiness

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by TrAnCeDuO
the other day i was over at my fathers friends house and i was speaking with his son...he asked me if i liked eminem...i told him that he was a talentless hack who just repeats himself in the three categories of mainstream rap(those three would be 1"i got bling bling look at me"2 street survival or 3 something that relates to the club)eventually i got him to shut up but still i dont think he really understands how terrible eminem truly is....

so im asking you all....please tell me (with reasoning and educated answers of course)why is this godawful artist so bad?
He's only bad because you dislike him just like other bands you probably like are "bad" to me. I like Eminem and I always have and always will. His newest stuff I have yet to hear but I'm sure I'll like it nonetheless. I also have yet to hear him "repeat" shit over and over except chorus.

The Grey Fox
Yeah, it's nearly 5 years on, I doubt he'll see that.

BruceSkywalker
Eminem is a has been.. I don't like his new song, but I like his old stuff

Funkadelic
I kinda liked the Slim Shady LP and I thought Marshall Mathers Lp was great. After that he kinda sucked.

jaden101
Originally posted by The Grey Fox

Hahaha...I can practically hear the "Bill Lumburgh" in that line.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Funkadelic
I kinda liked the Slim Shady LP and I thought Marshall Mathers Lp was great. After that he kinda sucked.

This is what many including myself believe.

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by Funkadelic
I kinda liked the Slim Shady LP and I thought Marshall Mathers Lp was great. After that he kinda sucked. I agree except the other way around. Slim Shady was great, Marshall Mathers was just alright, kind of the beginning of the decline

geshien
Originally posted by The Grey Fox

Originally posted by jaden101
Hahaha...I can practically hear the "Bill Lumburgh" in that line.

laughing

Darth Martin
1. The Eminem Show
2. The Marshall Mathers LP
3. The Slim Shady LP
4. Relapse
5. Encore

Haven't really heard all of Infinite.

You can't deny that Eminem has some of the illest rap songs ever.

Stan, 8 Mile, Till I Collapse, Sing For The Moment, Rabbit Run are just some that are excellent. I'm a huge fan but he isn't as great as he was I admit. But guys like Wayne don't compare IMO.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Darth Martin
1. The Eminem Show
3. The Slim Shady LP
4. Relapse
5. Encore

Stan, 8 Mile, Till I Collapse, Sing For The Moment, Rabbit Run are just some that are excellent. I'm a huge fan but he isn't as great as he was I admit. But guys like Wayne don't compare IMO.

Yeah dude. I'm not sure whats up with all of these people turning their backs on shady. It's pretty shady...,see what i did there? laughing out loud No, really, i thought that relapse was a boring reboot of encore but then i realized he doesn't have anything else to rap about. The man keeps telling the same stories because he made it. I think he needs to embrace the political platform and become the voice of a frustrated generation. I think that, is the only way that Shady can re-discover himself. It seems like he is going to follow Dre, though and stay behind the scenes...,shame. Shady has incredible passion. This man ended rappers careers' by shaming them. Just because an album isn't all "bout it bout it", that doesnt mean you give up on the artist and piss down his chimney, you stick with the cat see where he goes next.

HueyFreeman
1. The Eminem Show
3. The Slim Shady LP
4. Relapse
5. Encore

Stan, 8 Mile, Till I Collapse, Sing For The Moment, Rabbit Run are just some that are excellent. I'm a huge fan but he isn't as great as he was I admit. But guys like Wayne don't compare IMO. "Till I collapse" and "When the music stops" were great to train with back when I used t go to the gym

Mindset
And Lose Yourself.

FistOfThe North
Eminem sucks now cause he's gone sour lyrically. His sh*t isn't fresh anymore. He's (over)played-out his own cartoony style out.

I heard someone say that people who mostly listen to eminem now are no older than 18.

1st 2 albums were killer klassics though.

FistOfThe North
rotflmao

eminem sucks cause Borat put his balls in his face just now at the mtv movie awards. lol

I still can't stop lmao.

lol

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, i think Bruno is one of the corniest and lamest characters but that was funny

Magee
I think most people who hate Eminem are people who are really in to rap / hip hop. It seems when ever some one says they dislike him they mention mainstream which makes me think they just hate him because he's so popular. A lot of people like me enjoy Eminem's music even though they are not a fan of rap or hip hop.

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, i can dig that. Although, it seems to me that most people who are heavily into hip/hop have followed the genre for a long time like or at least respect Shady. It seems that it's usually people who don't know much about rap that dislike or hate on shady. I like Shady and i believe he is one of the best lyricists out there even if he does lack consistency. It annoys the shit out of me that he feels compelled to rap when he has nothing to say. I was really disappointed with Curtain call because it basically felt like club songs to me. That's cool and all because some of his beats on that album were strong but i listen to rap for the poetry and stories and not so much the beats. Relapse seems to be the same story as Encore and Marshal Mathers...,club songs and jams about his drug addiction and mother. The one thing about Relapse is that some of the songs on there show a weak side of Shady and i actually like that because it shows that he is still an honest Mc.

either way, he still has one of the most unique flows out there. He just doesn't always have something compelling to rap about.

MildPossession
I've never been able to get into his music, Oooooooooo an Angel. Did we find out if he was part of that joke or not?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Eminem sucks now cause he's gone sour lyrically. His sh*t isn't fresh anymore. He's (over)played-out his own cartoony style out.

I heard someone say that people who mostly listen to eminem now are no older than 18.

1st 2 albums were killer klassics though. Relapse is pretty good. Eminem Show was my fav.

If he sucks name one mainstream artist that's better.

omgchos
Cuz he sucks........?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by omgchos
Cuz he sucks........? Big time. Someone once told me he is the best lyricist of all time crylaugh

Alpha Centauri
Relapse is pretty good. Eminem Show was my fav.

How does that logic work? What if they all suck, and he's just the best of a shit group?

He hasn't been good since The Slim Shady LP. Now he's just Eminem trying to be Eminem.

-AC

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
How does that logic work? What if they all suck, and he's just the best of a shit group?

He hasn't been good since The Slim Shady LP. Now he's just Eminem trying to be Eminem.

-AC Well, he's a mainstream artist. I'm simply asking you to try to compare anyone to him that's in his craft. I didn't say he's the best right now. He's certainly my favorite though. Again, have you heard Relapse? That's some pretty sick shit on there.

Alpha Centauri
Well, he's a mainstream artist. I'm simply asking you to try to compare anyone to him that's in his craft. I didn't say he's the best right now. He's certainly my favorite though. Again, have you heard Relapse? That's some pretty sick shit on there.

It's a lame album, compared to what he's capable of.

Well, was capable of.

-AC

Pandemoniac
Correct, the first albums shined in their originality cause of the combination of whacked controversial yet clever lyrics combined with a masterly flow and somewhat dancefloor-inspiring beats (compared to the bloodflow stopping cello whines and softened drums that rap seemed to favor then). I liked that, but those days are hard to recall as Slim became a sample-raping lyric-recycling shadow of his former self, making the same mistakes that he used to insult others for doing just those

FistOfThe North
Relapse is pretty good. Eminem Show was my fav.

That's better? In the mainstream right now? What do you mean like lyrically? Well Kanye seems to be doing really good in the mainstream but Eminem crushes Kanye lyrically.

But currently, imo, jay-z is probably a better mainstream artist overall than eminem is, right now.

occultdestroyer
Because he raps for commercial shit.
There are tons of other rappers out there a lot better than him who deserve the same, if not better, recognition...

MF Doom, NAS, KRS-One, Common, Immortal Technique, Vinnie Paz, Jus Allah, Dr. Dre, Talib Kweli, etc.

CESF
i still prefer eminem, but i only listen to him to chill smile

Sickoftheusprez
He sold himself out. It's a shame too. He can't rap to even say his life anymore. There isn't a lyric, rhyme or story with his songs that even make any sense. I mean that with his last album. I couldn't get into it. I almost tried to listen to more than 2 songs but I couldn't stand the torture. He sucks and he sucks balls really hard! 8 Mile was almost a complete ripoff of Prince in Purple Rain. His struggle was with his mother in a trailer but Prince's character was with his always drunk dad. His mom was usually drunk or a little too amorous about his b.f. who wouldn't go down on her. embarrasment Well that was at least one of maybe two amusing moments in the movie. In all meaning Prince's character was a thousand times better. He was more vulnerable and human. Eminem's was an arrogant, annoying prick. He would put down people and other rappers at everyone elses expense. How embarrassing at certain points. The rapoffs....come on really. Like they couldn't find actual other real life rap artists with every bit as much talent to make the story more engrossing and interesting?! Don't even get me started either on that lame love interest white woman who took the black torpedo to make her look even more slutty in the end. What would you expect from Eminem? To meet a woman with class?! laughing Art imitates life as does life imitate art, indeed. I'm sorry I even watched the movie in the theatre much less even TRY to rewatch parts of it on cable. Eminem is an embarrassment to the music industry among many other embarrassments out there now as well. Check out his underground sh1t, earlier material, old demos, Slim Shady LP and that other album someone mentioned here which I hardly heard yet myself either. After that, listen to some hardcore punk and metal and don't listen to rap music anymore! It's a bunch of meaningless nonsense now. Best years of rap are way behind us now. Leads me to the next question: Rap sucks...why? Because Run DMC, NWA and Public Enemy are over and done with. The mainstream music industry is a giant, steaming turd that needs to be picked up off the streets. We don't need Britney, Miley and whoever else Eminem rambled on about with that last single. We need raw talent. Something real, something original, something bold and something distinctive! If I was ever a music producer THIS is what I would expect and want out of an artist. Clearly all I would care about aside from myself making "dat money, Mayne". Do I NEED TO have more than 20 million dollars selling music? Well it could be nice to have but I could survive and be happy with a hell of a lot less personally. I don't need the fly clothes, I don't need ALL the fast cars, although 2 or 3 would be enough. I don't need a mansion estate, a yacht, a ridiculous HD television sticking out of the trunk of my car with an Xbox 360 console that pops out of it either! What reason would someone need to play that in their car? Like they can't do that at home? Watching movies in a vehicle? Why? What for? Movies suck generally...at least they do most of the time nowadays. Speaking of which what other movie sucks MORE than Eminem's? Fiddy's movie! F#ck Fiddy! 50 Cent...if he was white or black and English he would be called 50 Pence! I don't care to ever see Bulletproof movie. I almost care to actually check out the second video game...maybe. At least to see what happens when he dies in the game. rolling on floor laughing When he raps it sounds like he has a 9 inch d1ld0 stuck in his @ss! Although MAYBE he had a few catchy songs he definitely beats Eminem out in the annoying "Game". No pun intended. He thinks he's invincible and that bullets can't touch him. Yeah just wait until the time comes when it actually pierces your chest or blows a hole through your skull! You'll be too late to realize what an a$$hole you were all the time....talking about get out da club, b1tch. Don't even bother to check yourself, you already wrecked yourself. Dead is dead and you will be forgotten. Probably not anytime soon....or at least for a few weeks with all the annoying news media covering your death. What are they going to say? He was such a great man and his music was so powerful and meaningful! laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing YEAH RIGHT!! That's all and I'm done. And the U.S. is done! Good night, fellow people. Let's look after each other better since there isn't a God in existance to save us now! (That picture below is a graphic image of Eminem and 50 Cent going gay on each other.) laughing sick

Sickoftheusprez
Uhh....THIS image.

Ultimate Wil
I hate rap, so that means Eminem sucks then. I only liked one song, that's it.

Ultimate Wil
Of course you have to take a pic from Fallout 3.

SuperLuigi
Originally posted by HockeyHorror
Illmatic was great. but after that Nas fell sad

spoken like someone who doesnt want to see a nigga shine. illmatic stood out because of nas's age at the time. stillmatic was much better. and each of his cd's (excluding nastradamus) that i've heard are minimum 4.5 out of 5 stars. how can you fall and still be the best?

Darth Martin
How would you rank Marshall's albums in order?

Infinite
TSSLP
TMMLP
TES
Encore
Relapse

Kursh36
proof dying+havin to relinquish slim shady= bad music

Darth Martin
Speak for yourself. I found Relapse to be very good.

Alonzo3526
Speak for yourself. I found Relapse to be very good.
heard it was pretty good, but to me, it just didn't have that "balls-out holy shit" feel slim shady had

windstar91

Alpha Centauri
Nah, he's shit.

-AC

WickedDynamite
I wonder why he isn't on the spotlight anymore. Oh, well...

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
I wonder why he isn't on the spotlight anymore. Oh, well... Well I'd say he still is in the spotlight, Eminem is still a household name. But if his popularity has decreased its probably because, I dunno, he nosedived into mediocrity and hasn't released a good album in years

ESB -1138

It's called taste in music. Everybody has a different taste.

Rain Dog
To call Eminem talentless is completely ridiculous.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Alonzo3526
heard it was pretty good, but to me, it just didn't have that "balls-out holy shit" feel slim shady had That's probably because either you've matured or you no longer feel anything can top that. As far as content, Relapse is without a doubt his most explicit and dark album yet. But then again you haven't heard it........

I like Infinite, SSLP, MMLP, TES, and Relapse just fine. It's Encore I think is mediocre.

littleduckysit
First of all. Your three reasons are shit. Because:

A) Eminem has never rapped about bling. Never, please find a lyric where he does and show it to me, because there isnt.

B) He has never talked about street survival...Only about growing up in Detroit.

C) The only time he has ever mentioned going to a club, was in smack that where it was a guest appearance on Akons song, and in the song Shake that, where the song is in a club. And just lose it.

He never talks about shit likeother mainstream rappers, your logic is appaling, and your reasons do not make sense.

If you look a tthe words that eminem raps, and his lyrics then you take someone like lil wayne for example, you would start laughing. You would laugh becasue youd see how ****ing incredible eminem is.

you obviously dont know rap music so i dont expect you to be smart.
you ****ing fnsbh

littleduckysit
Again, he does not repeat homself in the three mainstream rap categories, though everyone else does.

he does nt rap about that stuff becasue he focuses on rapping about him, personally, aka, his family, his life, his drug use, and crew, beefs, and stuff like that.

You obviously have never listened to an eminem song if thats what you think he raps about, its so pointless arguing with you because your obviously ****ing stupid.
He is not god awfully bad, i bet he could rhyme your two front teeth together. He was gifted with the art of rhyming and it just so happens that he's white. shit happens. The only reeason im getting so into this is becasue he doesnt rap about that stuff, and it pisses me off when people say he does, becasue he doesnt.

And becasue you think he talk about that, again, you obviously have never listened to one eminem song.

i think your arguments are completely ridiculous because they are just completely untrue, as i have said for the thousanth time. Before you rag on someone, please take the time to atleast check your facts.

RedAlertv2
Who exactly are you replying to?

mikeydude

You should be shot, killed and thrown in a ditch.
Eminem is neither of these things. He writes about his kid or everyday life struggles that people like him went through.

I personally am not a big fan of "Rap"
But to say that he talks about having "bling" and stuff is not him.
You obviously do not know what you are talking about.

Darth Martin
i told him that he was a talentless hack who just repeats himself in the three categories of mainstream rap(those three would be 1"i got bling bling look at me"2 street survival or 3 something that relates to the club)

Talentless? You got to be shitting me. Lyrically, there's no mainstream artist as of now that can come close to dude.

3 categories? I smell more ignorant bullshit.

Bling: That's funny, he usually rhymes about not having as a youth; despising it. This is one of the main reasons I hear from his fans that they like him because he doesn't rap about jewelry or cars. If I Had A Million Dollars, Rock Bottom,

Street Survival: Your kidding right; any time this guy raps about being a gangster it's usually a joke. More like house survival from his estranged mother. The guy never claimed to be Nas or Jay-Z. As The World Turns, Insane, My Mom,

Something that relates to the club: Sure he raps about drinking, bitches, and drugs, and some if not most of this would take place at a club possibly. The only "club" song I ever remember him recording was a feature he did on Akon's "Smack That" from his album Konvicted which was needless to say; horrible.

Bottom line: Your blowing smoke up that little boys ass. If I were that kid I ould've put you in your place right there. I'm no Eminem stan, but what your saying about him is pure ignorance.

icecold707
are you ****ing serious ill admit i ddnt like eminem at first but compared to most other rappers hes great and recovery is better thn almost anything ive heard the only thing i can think of that would ever compare to recovery is anything written by lupe fiasco i respect that everyone has ther own taste in music but if anyone wants to talk about my taste then im cool with talkin about ur shit oriented taste metal makes no sense and if u do somehow understand the lyrics its ****ing horrible emo shit and rock is more about partying than rap and besides tht what i just did is contradicting to what im about to say and itll make me look like a hypocryte but i dnt giv a **** not all music of a specific genre is the same for example some might not consider kid cudi hip hop or rap or whatever but he is and he raps 95% about life not selling drugs and killing but what he has gone through and how he has overcome it eminems entire recovery album was about recovering from his drug problems by controlling his life and not letting his career take over lupe fiasco covers a wide array of problems people go through from the usa to 3rd world countries slaughterhouse talks about killing drugs blah blah blah but atleast they can do it in a way tht sounds good it not just a good hook and talking over a beat most rock and roll no matter what is about lust and females just like hip hop nowadays but at least hip hop has a select few people that can still have lyrics i even read a couple thintgs that said you dont understand hip hop lyrics but u understand metal i think that may be becuz metal is simple "i ****ing hate everything im gnna go on a killing spree" where as rap especially lupe fiasco uses metaphors (in lupe's case extended metaphors such as those used in poems unlike wack ass rappers like wayne who use gay ass one liners eminem uses frequent one liners too but he does it in a way thts so emaculent tht it doesnt even matter) they say stuff like "chess yes baby im jerry lawler, rebel with a cause, outlaw with a lawyer"... get it no well ill give u a hint on the first half jerry lawler was a wrestler nicknamed the king and kings a related to chess in what way exactly... oh wait u dnt get it oh i see u listen to rock and ur not used to thinking and ur a dumbass man i tried to give u a simple one i guess it ddnt work

icecold707
so what have we learned today
1. Don't catagorize rap into one group
2. People who listen to genres other than lyrical rap music tend to lack the intelligence of those who do
3. All these ****ing white people are racist as hell
4.You wouldn't be able to handle real hip hop so stick to your simple basic rock/pop/metal and other stupid shit
5. A couple of catagories would be
a.Gangster
b.Bay Area
c.Party
d.Rapping for the hell of it
e.Lyrical/Meaning/Life/Emotional
f. Midwest/Chicago/Detroit/etc(ex.Dark Stories, Spoken Feelings, Emotional, Opinionated)
g. Story Telling (ex.The story of the cool by Lupe Fiasco)

ADarksideJedi
Some of his songs are ok but some of them are pretty bad.

K J H
To all the haters out there how can you say Em talentless what are you on about his lyrics no one compares only Nas & jay Z come close
i like all his albums most of people who say they hate him on here dont like hip hop altogether so that goes hand in hand i dont like most of the hip hop artists out today they all say & do the sames things all the videos have the same concept huge sun glasses flash cars cristal champagne woman shaking there ass its sad to say the u k hip hop scene is copying this thats why i like eminem he's music is diffferent relapse wasn't his best work but you could tell he was going through some bad times trying to get off drugs and still dealing with his close friend being killed his new Recovery sounds awesome if that what a clean & sober shadys is like cant wait to hear some more

the No Love track feat lil wayne is AWESOME smile

SpadeKing
Originally posted by K J H
To all the haters out there how can you say Em talentless what are you on about his lyrics no one compares only Nas & jay Z come close

blink Did I actually read that???

Thee smit
To all the haters out there how can you say Em talentless what are you on about his lyrics no one compares only
i like all his albums most of people who say they hate him on here dont like hip hop altogether so that goes hand in hand i dont like most of the hip hop artists out today they all say & do the sames things all the videos have the same concept huge sun glasses flash cars cristal champagne woman shaking there ass its sad to say the u k hip hop scene is copying this thats why i like eminem he's music is diffferent relapse wasn't his best work but you could tell he was going through some bad times trying to get off drugs and still dealing with his close friend being killed his new Recovery sounds awesome if that what a clean & sober shadys is like cant wait to hear some more

the No Love track feat lil wayne is AWESOME smile

WHAT!

Jay-Z is not proper rap, non of todays music has any decent rap artists tbh.

Darth Martin
To all the haters out there how can you say Em talentless what are you on about his lyrics no one compares only Nas & jay Z come close Lies.

icecold707
lupe fiasco is better than any musician that has ever lived go back a page(page 7 i think) and you can read why a few hip hop artist are so much better thn these other gay pop stars n shit

tmiller2
Em had three great albums, and he IS a talented rapper. Unfortunately he isn't making good (imho) songs anymore.

One of my many favs are Criminal, where he completely delivers on his skills. His latest stuff are ok, but i don't feel he is really delivering as i know he can.

Darth Martin
He's grown out of that phase which you refer to. That's why Relapse sounded forced. Lyrically, he was insane but he was like 36 doing that shit.

Recovery fits him right now. Great album.

foar5
so you dont like him because he either is rapping about bling (which most of the time he isnt) or rapping about how his life is ****ed up. Well then what else do you want him to rap about,puppies

marwash22
i like all his albums relapse was hot garbage. He hasn't had a great album since Eminem Show... though he set the bar pretty damn high with his first 3.

Originally posted by Thee smit
WHAT!

Jay-Z is not proper rap, non of todays music has any decent rap artists tbh. erm you are clearly not a music head.

Patient_Leech
I tried to give Eminem a chance or two, and for me his "being offensive just for the sake of being offensive," "without having any substance behind it" schtick got old really quick. Yeah, he has some catchy tunes, but they get old, too. I'm not a fan.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>