Comic Reviews(Spoilers For Comics)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Joker1237
You know, There I usely by 2 of the same comic story, one to read, over and over again until it falls apart. lol and of couse the other to save,

Well Now I think the first story I revew(You can joing in any bat story any time, you can even review Batman 1938 if you have it lol)

Is DC1st Batgirl

I read thown this comic and bought 2 because even with the poor artwork it is still a pretty good story. It is one of my favor Joker storys, like the Laughing Fish and Killer Joke, Death in the family.

This is also the first Comic that I read about Cassandra Cain as the new Batgirl, and I feel in love with this Batgirl, She was pretty, she had killer moves, and she had a will to prove herself to Barb and Batman. This is her best story, as I was now collected Batgirl Comics. She made me a beliver in her, it was this story, She was pretty cool.

Of couse most of her storys are good, but this one again drew me into her. I read about her back ground and was even more in to this Batgirl, first kill at 8 and still trying to aton for that murder. I like her over Barb as Batgirl anyday. Of couse the dark hair must have something to do with it lol.

Well it starts out with Cain as Batgirl stoping this Russien mob. She stops the bd guys, but a few people die, and she blames herself, she goes in to training. Barb tells her she did good tonight, But Cain says not good too many dead. Barb than tells her that she can not control evey thing, and that we are not gods.

She than tells Cain about her battle with the Joker. People died, Batman got hurt. And she could not do anything about it. But she did stop Mister J, by acting like his Jokes are not funny. and laughing at the Joker. Joker lost his temper, and was left open for a attack, Batgirl (Barb) put Joker down.

Cain wants to prove she was the better Batgirl, and guess what she does?? She go to Arkham and frees the Joker. Cain follows the trail of bread left behind the Joker to a fern Barn. Batman and the Huntress are on the trail of both Batgirl and Joker. Barb ask Batman to put a end to it, but Batman said "If we enterfear that never goes away. You started this, She ends it one way or the other." great line.

Cain who was getting clobber by the Joker, and loseing badly, (Joker even hit her with a chiar.)

Batman was watching and Huntress was like she should be able to drop Joker like a new York minted.
But Batgirl could not read the Jokers body moves. It was gibbersion and makes no sense.
Than Batgirl rembers what Barb told her, To beat Joker was to use a Joke Joker could not get. So Batgirl walks away and says your boreing.

Joker than runs to Batgirl, saying he tells great jokes, this next one will slain you. Batgirl hits Joker in the face knockout.

Batman walks in and says"This never happens again" Ok says Batgirl.
Than Barb got on to Batgirl, saying how could you free him people could have died you could have died or is that what you want.

I just want to prove something says Cain.
Barb goes what that you can beat him??
No to see if I was as good as you. says Cain.

Than Barb goes this is a team effort, you Batman, Nightwing, Robin ete are a team, you dont need to prove anything to us. We make you the best Batgirl possble.

Than Cain says Cant. You were.

I always get touchy with that line. great comic. I amazing it got a few bad reviews. So I going to be one of the few to give it a good review lol. I guess I the only one that like it.

Joker1237
Just got and read the Killing Joke

punkyhermy
My favorite batman comic HAS to be Batman:year one.The book is marvelous!It is soo beautifully written,so simple, to the point and soo effecting.It is full of angst that only makes me like it even more!!!wow.just wow.i was left speechless as i finished it...
I also read Batgirl year one.I love barbara gordon's character and her relationship with her father. I love the fact that she was just an ordinary girl and she became a superhero.I love the interactions between her and dick!!so sweettt!!!!this does not have the angst and tragedy that batman year one does but is a charming story nevertheless.
i have also read the killing joke.half of it and man joker is cruel!!!i felt ssooooo bad for babs!!!!i HATE the joker.stupid freak!!!

Joker1237
Even though I have the killing Joke now, after reading it a few times, its ok, But asking it to be up there with the Laughing Fish and the Sign of the Joker is insane, this 2 part story is the best Joker story their is, no ifs ands or buts. Now I not rich, so I got the comics the cheap way(sor of) I bought the greatness Joker storys ever told, and the laughing fish and the Sign of the Joker is there. now for the reviw.

It starts with Batman swing from building to building, He is in loved with Silver St Cloud. So in love he is thinking of telling her he is Bruce Wayne.(Ok have no ideal how batman is going out so I miss something in the comics. Batman forever anyone???) StCloud, study the jaw bone of Batman and campare it to Bruce Wayne and ha ha she knows who Batman is.
Ok Batman goes into her bedroom with Cloud on the bed. In a night dress.(No its not that) They talk, and Cloud says she cant date a guy who might not show up alive one day. Batman leaves, He does not give up his id, and Cloud does not tell Batman that she knows he is Wayne.

Cloud leaves and runs off thinking things over. Batman on the other hand is swing from building to building until he hears fishermen calling for Batman, Batman takes a look at the catch, and if you did see the TAS Laughing Fish you should know what happen. Amazing they almost said the same suff as the cartoon. Batman says With ordinary men you migh fingre out some motive, but Jokers mind is clouded with maddness.

Joker goes to met Frances, and demands copy write fish. Frances of couse says no and Joker says you need to change your mind. Oh yeah and Joker kills a hectmen when talking about his fish plans. Batman trys to protect Frances, but the gas kills Frances, and Joker is on Tv, saying numver 2 will be next if does not get his cliam to his fish.
Thorn leaves his building and it says he killed Hugo Stange, Joker tells Thorn not to give a way Batman's id, Saying the Joker earn the Batman.

Thorn leavs sees a ghost of Hugo and drives away in his car. He picks up St Cloud who is walking on the road. and the comic ends.

Next is the sign of the Joker

This comic story surpast even the laughing fish of the cartoon. In the Cartoon Frances and Jackson lived, in the Comic They died. Since this is 1974 there is no Harley.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.