Just In: Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Primitive Screwhead #1
Just pulled this off of CNN. The sixth book's title has been confirmed.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/06/29/news/newsmakers/harrypotter/index.htm?cnn=yes

Reading through the article, the title doesn't pertain to Harry or Voldemort according to Rowling.

Granted this will probably be merged with the other threads taking place on the HP forum, but thought I'd get things started over here. Let the discussions begin! (for those who actually follow the series)

BadKitty
hmm,I'm finaly going to read a harry potter book for our book club.

Polly
you really should! they are great!

silver_tears
I agree, the are genius, although the last movie was disappointing no
But anyways I can't wait for the next book eek!

Polly
it was dissapointing, my cousin and i are still mad about it. they just weren't faithful to the book and that's what made me so mad.

Elektra_lover
The movie was terrible but the next book should be gr8

silver_tears
I love the books so I cant wait big grin

ElectricBugaloo
this last movie was 100,000,000 times better than the first two movies and was better than the books on several points. of course it isn't going to be faithful to the books--the movies would be five hours long if they did that!

BloomBabyGirl
i cant wait till they make the goblet of fire. as long as tey keep tp the book it should be great

dave123
i read the first 4 books yes very good big grin never read the fifth...

saw the first film today... the acting was below par erm

BingaBonga
I agree. It's my favorite so far.

MakubeX
is there a summary for half blood prince available? i heard that rowling said in an interview that the seventh book is where harry potter dies, is that true? i saw the pic of the new cast for hp movie 4. they're great.

Primitive Screwhead #1
That's not likely true. Rowling hasn't made any indications on what will happen in either of the next two books... nor would I expect her to.

Evy_O
of course she has made lots of indications blink
great info! I didn't knew at ALL about the title big grin

Phoenix
If anyone wants to know more about Harryv potter 6, visit the HP Forum. our thread 'Book Six: Harry Potter and the HalfBlood Prince' is full of rumours, speculations and theories.

sickley in lurv
SEAMUS is da HAlf Blood prince

MakubeX
seamus? really? is he really a prince?

jeffer_wrote
whoa! lots of speculations as to who the Prince is, eh? some say it's Hagrid...hmmm....

dave123, read the fifth book, it's really very good....although i have to say GoF is my fave....smile

Animagus
I personally think Azkaban was the best movie as of yet (and yes I've read the books, I am an avid fan. I've read them all at least 4 times through and love OotP so much i'm on my 5th time through). I much prefer an open attempt for the director, and the like, to make his own interpretation of things rather than trying to be super faithful to the books like the first 2 tried to be, only to feel kind of empty. They felt that way to me at least. J.K. herself even said that's what she was looking for in this movie. A director that wouldn't mind taking a few liberties here and there to make it feel more whole instead of being by the book and having huge gaps. I already know how everything looks and feels in the Potter world to me, I don't want or need someone to do an exact film from the book, I would much rather see another persons artistic view on things smile ramble ramble ramble :-D

And I happen to know who the HalfBlood prince is. IT'S PRINCE CHARLES!!!! COME OOOOOOON PEOPLE! lmao

and dave123. the acting get's progressively better. Wasn't bad at all in Azkaban. I thuroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

jeffer_wrote
lolz.....Prince Charles...hahahaheheheeehehehhaaww! you crack me up, Animagus! i'd like to see the look on the Queen's face when she hears about Prince Charles being referred to as HALF-BLOOD....!

~Air Angel~
^agree

Pyro_Artist
Third movie rox, but I like book better cause u can imagine with no limitation how they look or feel or wat situation there in... happy

Arachnoidfreak
Gary Oldman was in PoA. This means that the acting of this movie was FAR above the acting of the other two. He alone makes the movie a great watch.

The reason? Gary OlDman

(Yea I know, that was bad, but whatever)

@F1
I'm thinking about buying the 4 book set plus 5th book, you get a dsicount if you do, as I havn't read any of them.

dracomalfoy13
edit

dark1365
Don't post that crap on this Forum! You sick fruit!

Primitive Screwhead
Indeed. Please keep on topic, and save garbage like this for anyone who may care on the off-topic forum.

dark1365
Anyways, I can't wait to see what the Department of Mysteries really looks like. When the fifth movie EVENTUALLY comes out.

Eöl Moriedhel
confused

Primitive Screwhead
Latest news on the next book in the series. Love to hear the theories on who's getting dropped next...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/books/10/08/britain.harrypotter.ap/index.html

jasminemania
hi everyone tha 6th book id great i cant wait to read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jasminemania
i thought the 4th film is on shoot!
hu plays cho chang?

jasminemania
i heard also that Dan is having his scuba lesson for the last task !!!!!!!!!!!!it is pretty exciting really!!!!!!!!!!!!!i love them ol!

Laviera_j
I did't really have high expectations for the third book, so it wasn't too big a dissappointment for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.