Ronald Weasley/Rupert Grint [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
Ok i have seen both harry potter movies they where pretty good i liked em but i hated that ron kid in the movie the red head dork acts like a *** and he is a wimp. for the whole movie u look at this dorky kid with cheeks that look like he has a shit load of food in em. not to mention his most incridiably annoying squeaky voice. i mean he must be a good actor to land any movie but still i dont like em is there any one else that thinks the same???

Metroplex
I hate him too. hes a bad actor and does the worst impressions.

SiriusBlackRIP
I also hate him for all of the above reasons, he annoys the hell out of me.

KidRock
never saw Harry Potter

chica16
i agree with all of you on that ron kid... i hate harry potter but i saw the movies asnd that kid didn't help any

DeNiro
i thought alot of u would see my perspective

BOPRecruit 16
i think ron's character improves in the next books. hey, cut these kids actors some slack! some of them have never acted before, or at least in a movie. it takes alot of experience and time to get as good as the adult actors in the movies. can't wait to poa! i think out of all the hp kid actors, i think tom felton has the most acting experience out of all of them. he's been acting for 6 years. i've seen his filmography, he's been in a couple of good movies and lots of tv/radio appearances. so, i hope he continues on after poa to play draco malofy!

battosai yuriko

mina.harker
i hate the movies. they r jus so much worse than the books. and the three kids cant act, any of them. but ron as a character is rly cool. in the film he's awful, but then so are all of them

Phoenix
i like him! i stand here as rons defender - whoever dislikes him must pass thru me first!! i throw down the gauntlet!

Sk8erGymnast23
I don't like harry potter so i couldn't tell you haven't even seen the first one.

danradclifeluva
mina.harker r wuteva i disagree tha kids can act for kids i mean there kids

DeNiro
u know what i find funny. well first off i am a very straight guy i aint no where near a *** so i aint judging guys looks but it is funny that people say that tom felton and danile what ever r hot i mean if they where just normal kids they would be dorks i bet like look at that frankie muniz i hate that kid and girls always say he is hot he is a skinny 5foot 4 in dork honetsly. he just acts has money and is famous that is the only reason y he is considered "hot". but anyway i just hate it when people say o this guy is so hot when honestly he is just a regualr looking kid that is no big deal. i aint acting jelouse that people say that i mean look at my signature i mean i dont have to be jealous of those kids. LOL

BellaButterfly
Omg deniro you are so right! I mean I am like 3 years older than those kiddies, but I bet if they were walking on the streets and were not famous, they wouldn't be considered "hot", I am not saying they are ugly, but they really are no big deal, no offense!

chica16
harry potter is weird

BellaButterfly
What do you mean by weird? like he is strange-looking or like he acts odd? hmmmmmmm

frootlooplucy
i think the books are better than the movies. but hey, the actors are just kids, theyll get better. and emma watson (is that her name?) is an ok actress... better than the rest.

spideyfreak88
i cant wait till they make a movie out of the fourth and fifth book i loved them! Well i'm not done with the fifth one . halfway and i like it alot.

mina.harker
im sorry i was so negative. i suppose they r still kids, and they r much better in the second one than the first. embarrasment so i am willing to give them a chance. i sort of agree with frootlooplucy in that emma watson is better than the others.

DayDreamgirl459
i think that there all pretty good actors for kids. and the whole hottness thing i totally agree with lol it's so true. and the ppl that think harry potter is weird then why r u reading this stuff........psychos

DayDreamgirl459
i think that there all pretty good actors for kids. and the whole hottness thing i totally agree with lol it's so true. and the ppl that think harry potter is weird then why r u reading this stuff........psychos

confused i just don't understand u ppl

brookealicious6
Okay...Ron is a good character. And I think they did an awesome job casting him. I think Rupert (the perosn who plays ron) is a very good actor, when Ruperts voice breaks I think it's cute and completes the character. I don't think Rupert is like that in real life! Ron's character is not wimpy all the time!
By the way, I agree that Daniel and Tom wouldn't be called hott if they weren't in movies. They aren't ugly but they're definetly not hott. I think they look a little too young to be hott anyway.

MoonChild
whoa ppl i think some of us on this message board need some anger management......1st of all the books are ALWAYS better than the movies ESPECIALLY harry potter.....the acting in the movies isnt the greatest but the actor that played ron did a GREAT job in the second movie!!!! i thought his facial expressions were really great!!! and i also thought he was adorable!!!! so stick out tongue to anyone who thinks other wise!! hehe also what is with the "oh if they werent famous they'd be dorks" now dont u have nerve!!!! just curious but what would ppl say about u??? oh and fyi dorks are hot ...."people who are different change the world, people who are the same keep it that way" .......

rolling on floor laughing "where is the love?" rolling on floor laughing

charmaine
this message are for harry potter fans so why are you critising the movies and books duh

Amy Black
Let him be. He's cute.

ladygrim
the only person that i don't really like in harry potter is harry potter and there mogonigul scuzz spellings she annoys me

kittypuff
I think the Ron character is darling and spot on! Rupert's characterizations were pretty much what the goofy dork character called for. I think he's just sweet, and NOOOOO I'm not a young girl with a school age crush! I'm not young at all in fact....tht's beside the point. The books and movies are obviously good enough to keep people reading these posts...and for those people that don't like Ron's character and face, etc...that seems like a personal problem. it is no reflection on his true talent, but only a reflection of the fact that you personally find him annoying. I PERSONALLY can't find anything good about many actors, that doesn't keep them from making a big buck at the box office! lol

ladygrim
i think hes sweet to

celestial_moon
rupert grint is good as ron. he acts like ron perfectly. i think no 1 can b ron like him. besides, the whole "if he wasnt famous and he was walking down the street, they wouldnt think he's hot", that's untrue. they would think he's hot but it isnt burned in their minds.

shanie623
Whoever hates the actor who plays Ron in the movies because of the way he looks, speaks, and act is a VERY CYNICAL PERSON. Duh. That's why it's "acting."

Besides, I personally think Rupert Grint is the only best thing that ever happened in the Harry Potter movies.

Enough said.

frodo_dude
i'm in phoes side!!! ron rocks!!

Joy2dWorld
I agree with Phoenix, Celestial_Moon, Shanie and all Ron/Rupert supporters.

Ron is my most favorite character in the book, coz he is the most real. I know a lot of guys, many male friends who are very much like him and can easily identify with him. They are the guys I love to hang around with bcoz they are genuine and funny, they are fun to be with, no dull moment when they're around.

I think Ron's shining moment in the series is in book 4, when Harry threw a "Potter Stinks" badge at him and hit him in the forehead. Harry thought that Ron would hit him back when he walked past Ron going up the stairs, and Harry actually wished Ron would do so, but Ron just stood there "in his too small pajamas" -- and this made Harry feel worse. I was in tears when I read this part.

Its true what Hermione said, Ron is in a lot of pressure to prove himself at par with his superior older brothers (Bill and Percy were Head Boy, Charlie the best griffindor quidditch seeker during his year at Hogwarts), all his belongings are hand-me-downs, then his best friends are rich and famous Harry Potter and Hermione the brightest witch of her age-- BUT HE PUTS UP WITH ALL OF IT.

He often says everything he owns is rubbish, but he loves and cares a lot about and give importance to everything he has-- he fights for his mother and father, his brothers, Ginny, he loves his pets Scabbers and Pigwidgeon, and will die for Harry and Hermione (remember the wizard's chess moment in SS).

AND RUPERT GRINT IS THE BEST ACTOR TO PLAY HIM. From the 1st movie SS, til the recent PoA, he has always been at least 3 steps ahead of Dan Radcliffe and Emma Watson in terms of acting talent -- he is the most natural in his role. Rupert is also the most down-to-earth of the trio-- ang I'm declaring war against anybody who tries to bring him (that's both Ron and Rupert) down!

Joy2dWorld
oh, I'm sorry if I offend anybody... i dont mean to, I just wanted to express how much I love Ron's character in the series coz he's very much like many of my boy-friends, and Rupert Grint coz, for me, he's the only one who delivers "satisfactorily" what is expected of him in the films-- breathe life into Ron's character, as JKR envisioned him to be.

celestial_moon
thank u jow2dworld. i agree. rupert grint is excellent as ron. he had perfect timing, everything was just very good.

Lady_Eowyn3
Ya Rupert is the perfect Ron, n if he was walkin down the street i'd think he was cute now, when he was younger he was just a little boy actor with lots of talent and he did a great job portraying Ron, but now he grew up, and he grew into his looks, same goes for Tom Felton/Draco Malfoy and Dan Radcliffe/Harry, they were all cute little kids with great talent and they were all good portrayels of their characters, but then they grew up and into their looks, much like many people do when they become teenagers, and besides dorks r hot
in my final words i will leave u w/

RON/RUPERT ROCK!!!!!

shanie623
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! YEAH YOU GO JOY2DWORLD!!!!!! laughing I love that part in the 4th book too! OMG!!! Ron really puts up with everything!!! LOL!!! And YES, DEFINITELY! Rupert is like always at least 3-steps ahead of Emma and Dan... He's very natural when it comes to his character!

As I said in the previous post;

Besides, I personally think Rupert Grint is the only best thing that ever happened in the Harry Potter movies.

Hehe... So true!!!

Elondra
Yeah I totally agree with you Joy2dworldsmile

I do like that Ron kid from harry potter and I think he's one of the best child actors in the film. He performance is great compared to the multi-talentless Dan and Emma. Daniel cannot act. But Emma is improving which is good to see. Seriously Rupert is the perfect Ron and i think he portrays and plays the character perfect.

And Rupert was the only actor to get another role in a movie. ( I'll ignore Dan's Tailor of Panama one)

Sauron
laughing im laughing my ass of here!

joy2daworld---why do you say SS

sorcerors stone confused did they rename the book that over there too?

raven guardia
wtf (not what why wink ) do sum of you hate ron? ron is awesome!.

LoneWolf
Rupert is the best actor of the three! (Dan, Em and ofc himself) He plays his character, Ron, good I think. I don't think Dan or Emma were the best actors for their parts. For me they don't portray Harry or Herm at all. no They should have got someone else for their parts. erm

shanie623
That's what I've been trying to tell everyone who'll listen to me. DANIEL RADCLIFFE CANNOT ACT. That's the biggest reason he bothers me. He's being complimented like WHOA, and I can't see why.. He looks constipated half the time he's supposed to be angry/upset. LOL!!! He doesn't play his character naturally, that's why he looks constipated. Heh...

Emma is indeed improving...

Rupert is still the best thing that ever happened in the HP movies!

frodo_dude
yeah i agree with joy2world too, and also with lady_ewowyn3, even though i think rupert, daniel and tom are really good actors i think they should change them...

cloud23hermione
hey you cant mess Rupert Grint (ron) . . . he just doing his part in the harry potter . . . . dont blame him if he act just like that he must reflect as ron weasley in the book. . .. I knew he such a wimp in movie.. . . beacuse he's just a poor boy in the story. . . . so dont say harsh things. . . to Ron . . . . plzzzzzzzzzz sad

Joy2dWorld
Ron is the character that pulls everybody (including the reader) back to reality-- when things become just too dark, too dramatic, or too heroic to believe.

Can you imagine what life would have been for Harry if Ron wasnt there from the beginning? Yes, he would still be a hero, but he would be lonelier, his life duller.

We should all have a "Ron" in our lives-- our friends... they are the people we trust 100%, whose words we never doubt. They are the ones who stick with us thru the good and bad times-- they make the good times better, happier... and the bad times bearable.

So I say, hooray to all the RONs in our lives!

And Rupert Grint is the best actor to play him!

BlackHatDefect
EHHH....Rons ok.I don't find him ssuper interesting,pluse hes a judgemental loser,but hes very funny.Im sure he has his moments.Im misxed in liking him ans disliking him.

JessieSparrow
I heart Ron!!!!! You people are mean who dont like him I dont know how you cant like him *heart*

*Danii*
I love ron too - How can you people not?????????????????????????
That bit in the dorm where he wakes up (and I don't know how to post spoilers) but you know the bit I mean, It is sooooo funny and really cute! How can anyone even think of chucking him after that!
And Rupert Grint, Tom Felton, Daniel Radcliffe. . . theyre all so hot now! Even Neville looks cute! In a weird way!
I think they should keep them all the same.

megajoint
I think the same..... sick

SeptemberRain
I saw the third movie and i think Ron was funny, for example: after Harry throws snowballs at Malfoy then he pulls on Ron's hat string's he was scared, i thought he was funny and the spider pqart was funny as well.

shanie623
Read this... it's an interview with Thewlis...

*cough* see what I mean? GO RUPE!

Joy2dWorld
WOW! Thanks for that excerpt shanie, you're the best!

Did you notice the dialog at the Ron/Hermione-Shrieking Shack scene? That's where the 2 was looking at the shack from afar! It goes something like this:

Hermione: Its supposed to be the most haunted building in Britain.. have I said that?

Ron: Yeah, twice.. *smiling*

Hermione: Would you like to move closer?

Ron: Huh??!

Hermione: ..to the Shrieking Shack, I mean.

Whoa! Was Ron thinking that Hermione meant to ask "Would you like to move closer -- TO ME Ron?" awww! too cute!

Elondra
I missed that bit.

I thought they added loads of R/H stuff into PoA. Too much.

ladygrim
yeah you shouldn't dislike the actor just because you think the character they play is shite

danielfan_04
i don't think he acts like a *** at all and he is dead funny so if u r goin 2 say anything about any of the characters in hp send your opinions to me at [email protected]

danielfan_04
wat would any of u no about good movies u probably couldn't spot one if it was there right in front of u and how dare u think daniel radcliffe is a bad actor none of them are and if u have anything to say send it to me at [email protected] or [email protected]

Elondra
I do know very well about good films and actors.

The truth is right infront of you but you can't see it. Daniel is a bad actor. You can read the expert's views on his crappy acting if you don't believe me.

You can believe he is a good actor, it's your choice. but I don't believe he is and you should respect that and everybody else's opinions in this forum.

And give me one good reason why I should waste my time by emailing you and writing stuff about Daniel.

weegie
go Joy2dWorld ur totally right.
If i saw non famous rupert grint walkin down the road. I wud definatly think he was hot! If i was more confident id probably ask 4 his numba etc lol.
Rupert is soo cool, and grown up, and shy, and cute, and brill actor. omg hes the best!

Elondra
I totally agree with you! He is cutesmile And he's my age. Wooohoooo!!!(I usually like older actors lol)

i hope he's still living in Hertfordshiresmile stick out tongue shifty

ladygrim
i think hes better in this film than the other two

shanie623
I'm not going to waste my time e-mailing you, although I am going to explain it here what I seriously and honestly think about Daniel Radcliffe.

If you watched the Sorcerer's Stone, notice Daniel Radcliffe having exactly the same facial expressions all through the movie. laughing (I'm not kidding)...

But look at Rupert: he has very good facial expressions, hand gestures, and note to how he deliver his voice.

In the Chamber of Secrets, Dan improved a bit, but not good enough (IMO)... He still hasn't relate the way his character talks to the way his facial expressions should show... Ok... maybe Harry Potter is always supposed to look constipated when he's excited and surprised... Whatever you say laughing out loud

And look at POA Harry: *constipated* LOL! Emma and Rupert improved LOTS! Rupert is the MOST natural...!! Emma is still a bit exaggerated, but I like the way she delivers her voice related to her facial expressions.

Please read the interview with Thewlis (who played Lupin in POA)..

Joy2dWorld
In fairness, I'd say Dan Radcliffe has improved a lot in the PoA movie. I'v said it b4 and I'l say it again-- Dan is a very very big improvement, say 10 steps forward.

But as usual, Rupert is, and has always been, at least 3 steps ahead of Dan. And Emma Watson-- a big revelation in PoA, starting from the same position where Dan was, she leaped and bounded past Dan, and landed just half-a-step behind Rupert Grint, she's really catching up!

And if you dont know it yet-- Rupert Grint won the Young Artist Award "Most Promising Newcomer" in 2002 for HP1!

frozen flame
Even Thewlis didn't mention Dan...laughing (relating to what shanie posted)

Joy2dWorld
There's just something that bothers me.. it seems Ron Weasley's role was downplayed in the 3rd movie... IMHO, Cuaron played favorites -- its obvious that Emma Watson is his favorite.

He removed a lot of Ron's important scenes, like the one where he woke up in the middle of the night and saw Sirius Black standing on his bedside holding a knife! And this he did in favor of "additional" pebble-throwing, wolf-calling Hermione scenes that were not in the book!

The script only required Rupert to just provide the film's comic relief-- and yet, Rupert did just that-- with flying colors! He had very few scenes but it only proves that its not the quantity but the quality that counts, and that you cant keep a good talent/actor down.. even if they tried (and I'm not saying they did), he still managed to shine through!

Not very few actors say that it is easier to make the audience cry than to make the audience laugh coz you need good timing to deliver the punchlines successfully. Rupert was certainly good!

shanie623
*nods* Totally... I noticed Alfonso kept on mentioning Emma is a good actress, this and that, in most of his interviews mad I SO much agree on the humor too... My Creative Writing teacher have always told our class that it is EASIER to write depressing poems/stories and make someone cry, and is DEFINITELY harder to write just one line of a really good humor... and that is THE SAME with acting.

frozen flame
I agree. Ron's character is being ignored... And, kinda off-topic but, I prefer the first director (Chris Columbus, was it?) over Alfonso Cuaron... Cuaron looks more into the romance which isn't even supposed to be there yet, while Chris (?) sticks as much as possible to the sequence of events in the books.

mazdapurple
i like him!!!!!!!!1

Joy2dWorld
well, IMO, its OK to have Columbus back but I think he and WB should make Cuaron a consultant in some areas... if only to gain the critics' approval again-- Cuaron's artistry was certainly superb, the cinematography was great. I think he also did very well in getting good performances out of the actors-- even the boy playing Seamus and the boy playing Neville improved a lot!

BTW, did you also notice that Womping Willow scene where Hermione grabbed Harry's shirt and threw him into the pit -- a guy sitting behind me shouted "strong woman eh!" That scene was indeed quite unrealistic -- how could a 13 year old girl manage to lift a guy as big as Dan Radcliffe with just "one hand" and "accurately" shoot him into that small hole?!?

And that's another scene -- that wasnt in the book -- that Cuaron added to make Hermione's role bigger, and Emma Watson look good, a hero! Where was crookshanks-- wasnt it supposed to be crookshanks who helped them stop the Womping Willow attack?

Joy2dWorld
and sorry for the double-post but I wanted to ask if you noticed the scene after Lupin transformed into a werewolf and Hermione tried to "talk" to him saying "Professor Lupin" -- immediately after Emma Watson let go of Rupert's arm -- look at the expression of surprise/disbelief/horror on Rupert's face as he said "Hermione?!" -- now that is what you can call "acting" yes brilliant acting!

Darinda
I LOVE RON,AND IF YOU DON'T THAT IS YOUR OPIONIONranting

punkyhermy
Ilove Rupert Grint.He is the BEST actor among the trio.His down to earth personality helps too.The only reason HP is watchable is because of him!

punkyhermy
WHAT'S UP WITH THIS CUARON GUY?!!!!!!!IF HE LOVES EMMA SSSSOOOOO MUCH HE SHOULD GO MARRY HER!!!!!!!!!INSTAED OF DOWNPLAYING OTHER ACTORS TO MAKE HER SHINE!!!!!!!!! mad mad

frodo_dude
yeah... i agree

Darinda
dido

Joy2dWorld
I was actually looking for an online petition to beg JKR not to kill off Ron Weasley's character-- I found this instead and its just as great so I really signed up:

Ron Weasley Fans United -- Ron Rocks!

I'm number 971!

There was a great injustice done here-- in the PoA movie, they've reduced Ron's role to just the film's comic relief.. they showed him as a wimp, brainless & just for laughs!

the switching of lines! "If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too!" ==> Ron said this in the book.

The script required very little from Rupert Grint, just be funny-- and Rupert succeeded in doing exactly that-- with flying colors!

Not very few actors say that it is easier to make the audience cry, than to make them laugh-- coz you need good timing to deliver the punchlines successfully. Rupert was certainly brilliant!

He had very few scenes but it only proves that its not the quantity but the quality that counts, and that you cant keep a good talent/actor down.. even if they tried, he still managed to shine thru!

please sign up too... Hermione is the brains-- Ron Weasley is the heart!

or maybe its just coz I've got a thing for redheads *LOL*

Miss Unknown
I just signed up and I'm number 978!

celestial_moon
i totally agree with u. i didnt like how he was reduced 2 that. if ron does die, i'm gonna cry sad

Tassie
LOL!! An online petition isn't going to change an author's mind no
We just have to acccept whatever JK writes yes

Joy2dWorld
Actually, the petition is for Steve Kloves -- to bring Ron Weasley BACK IN CHARACTER -- in the HP movies!

Please, at least read the petition first. Read the testimonials/comments of those who signed. Last time I checked, there are over 1,000 signatures already.

I know people say that Warner Bros. dont pay attention to these petitions-- but I still have faith in them, I'm giving them another chance... maybe this time they will listen to the fans. In fact, I joined coz I want to see if they will.

To all those who signed, thank you for your support.

punkyhermy
i signed it too!!

frodo_dude
i just signed im number 1035!

shanie623
Done!!!

Anyways, I totally agree... The people who've only watched the movies (and not read the book) think that Ron is just for laughs... NO HE IS NOT!!! He's much more important than that! They give all the attention to Hermoine, and that really pisses me off!!! Even in the 2nd movie, Hermoine said almost all of Ron's lines!!!!!!!! (parsel tongue and muggleblood scene)

punkyhermy
hERMION IS A FABULOUS CHARACTER.SHE IS AMAZING WITHOUT HAVING TO SAY RON'S LINES.I HATE CUARON!!!!!!!!

celestial_moon
this is all up 2 the writer's of the movie. they write the script. as 4 the petition's purpose, i dont think it will convince him 2 bring back ron. if ron does die, wouldnt his death be important?

Tassie~Cyanide~
still.. I'm not signing it.. makes no sense to me, trying to change any author's mind

punkyhermy
we are talking about the SCRIPT WRITER not the AUTHOR!

DracosGirl
well ive just signed it. i think its a great idea, ron definatly shouldnt die!!!

Tassie~Cyanide~
sorry-- typo stick out tongue you know what I meant... too late to edit my post

celestial_moon
it wont change the script writer's mind tho. seriously, if ron does die, it would b a very important death. they wouldnt take it away from the movies if it's in the books and it's a major point.

Tassie~Cyanide~
yeah, THAT's what I meant^^ stick out tongue

DracosGirl
still it wouldnt be nice if he died would it? I think there needs to be a happy ending since there has been a lot of sadness lately

punkyhermy
I AM ALMOST sure RON WILL DIE.

celestial_moon
i dont want ron 2 die eaither. i'm just saying if it does happen, it wont change jkr or steve kloves (i think he;s the script writer)'s minds.

siruslover
I Just signed and I was the 1044 person!

shanie623
We're not talking about changing the author or the screenwriter's mind on things. We're petitioning to just express our minds on how we want the movies to stay true to the books as much as possible. And that is including Ron's lines and how his character evolves through out the series. If they keep on giving Ron's lines to Hermoine--- lines which reflects his character and his character's changes through the books, it would ruin the whole thing. It's like, they're only keeping Ron for the humor, when the truth is there's much more to him than the humor and stupid lines (although they are funny).

Read the petition carefully please?

tigress
its cool I just signed as I think 1072 ,

merkledin
i thought that it was about ron???

megajoint
I just wanted to add my 2 cents....

o.k as I see ron now I got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach...
something bad is going to happen and he will be involved with the bad guys.
o.k lets forget im h/hr so im not bushing him for that...
but he always whining and want to be noticeable it seem to me like the percy syndrome.
he's always the guy who get jealous...yea I know he's the last son of the weasley family but ginny never shown the jealousy sign
+he's the only pure blood from the trio.
he's harry best friend in GoF and he left him...such a friend he is mad
and lets face it in Ootp he wasnt involved that much and stayed in the back.
and maybe the wheel of time will turn over and we will see him betray harry like wormtail to james.

little by little we see the trio splitting it was : GoF-harry and hermione; ron
Ootp-ron and hermione ;harry(prefect)
and hermione and ron hadnt solved their conflicts...yet
and harry with the prophecy it's sure to make him splitting with them for "their own safety"
to many signs to confirm he'll be good

shanie623
TO THE HP MODERATORS: Kindly please do NOT merge this thread with the Trio or the RW Petition yet.

This thread needs to stand on its own right now. Oh, and will you please make this topic sticky (for now), so it'll stay on top of the page and people won't miss it! It's alright if you delete or merge this thread as soon as Rupert's 16th birthday is done (which is on August)... Thank you so much, moderators and fellow HP fans!

NOW TO THE REAL THING:

If you're a BIG Ronald Weasley or Rupert Grint fan, (and oddly you don't know that his 16th birthday is coming up on August 24th), he would appreciate it so much if you fans send your love and greetings!

Check this out for more information.

DEADLINE IS on JULY 31st.

Thank you all!!!

BingaBonga
Well.... that seems like a while from now....

Padfoot15
Hey, great idea!! I'll send something straight away!
But i wonder what Rupert will do with all that stuff he gets of his fans?

Padfoot15

Padfoot15
But you know... know i think about it, it does seem possible that JK will make Ron go bad... she DID do it to the Marauders, after all... NOOOO!!!
Ikle Ronnikins CAN'T go bad!!
(sorry, I know I contradict myself, just ignore me if you please.) big grin

celestial_moon
i dont think that well happen. i believe ron has a heartb somewhere 4 his friends. he has been loyal 2 them all the same (PoA book-he was the 1 who said if ur going 2 kill harry, ur going have 2 kill us 2. something like that).

megajoint
what I can say too many events and signs that proof that all I stated above can happen (or maybe part of them will)....

Joy2dWorld
Suddenly, I'm beginning to think... if Ron dies, he will be more famous than Harry Potter himself! Just imagine the amount of worldwide outpouring of sympathy for him-- just like what happened to Sirius! And Rupert would probably become more famous than Dan for that.

And Sirius is just a godfather who was introduced only in book 3 & snuffed out in book 5, while Ron has been there since the beginning-- so might as well double the Sirius-sympathy.

I mean think about it-- if he dies a heroic death saving Harry Potter... Ron dies for Harry, Harry lives in the end bcoz Ron died for him! Comparing with LotR-- can you just imagine if Samway died for Frodo?!

Joy2dWorld
hey shanie, you beat me to it!

But it said no marriage proposals, damn! That's what I was planning to send in big grin Better think of something different... original, so that mine stands out from everything else he receives and gets his attention happy what do you think that would be... any suggestions?

merkledin
i love the idea!!!!I hope he desides to send an autographed pic of him self to the peole who took part in it!If not,that is still realy cool,that my thought is being shown to his very face.

DracosGirl
^^^ btw I love your sig, very cool!

shanie623
I'm sending in songs, poems, posters, lyrics, and a picture of myself... lol....... hehehehe

I LOVE YOUR SIGGIE! i know where you got that icon... i have tons more!! wink here's one of them! it says "hands off harry" HAHAHA!

Padfoot15
Love your sig, Joy2dworld!

Joy2dWorld
Hey, I found some nice pics of Rupert! I'l try to attach 'em-- here goes...

This is from the UK-TRL... oh, he looks soooo fine here!

Joy2dWorld
I like this one too... look at that smile *sigh*

Joy2dWorld
and hey, I've got another cutie R/Hr avatar! here, lookie--

Ancalagon
EMMA IS SOOO CUTE there laughing out loud
sorry random/offtopic stick out tongue

Miss Unknown
Oh my god, he looks so nice there! I really like his hair and his clothes...I used to like Dan but not anymore! drool

weegie
He does look good. But, i think he maybe needs to do something with his hair now. But, he's still very fit!
Heres my fav pics!

shanie623
OOOHHHHH... Rupert is soooo sexy!

Dan dresses like a girl..... heheheh

Joy2dWorld
I dont know if I've said this b4, but... did you notice how he makes "poor man's clothes" in PoA look sooo good? He's so tall, and lean, and sleek, and sassy... in my book he can pass for a model, anything he wears looks good on him, he can carry them well.

All those maroons/shades of red really suit him well.

Maybe the greens would look good on him too-- bring out the color of his eyes *sigh*

And he stood out in the boggart scene bcoz of that fiery red hair of his! I really have a thing for redheads! stick out tongue

Lady_Eowyn3
OMG!!! Rupert Rox my Sox!!! I'll probably send him a pic n a ring, he can think what he wants with that ring (mayb i'll go spy on his butt n put a mini cam in the ring, oh no! my mission has been compromised!!! information has leaked!!! ABORT ABORT!!!) Wow that was random, ne wayz, i'll probably draw him a cake, since i can't really send one, but still not sure, I can't believe how much he's changed!!!! he was a weird lookin little kid, then all of a sudden I was like WOW!!! is it bad that i'm a year older than him? No rt? cuz my cuzzin was callin me a child rapper, n a crib robber, but there's nuthin wrong w/ dat rt? I've dated younger guyz, n besides my uncle's 5 yrs younger than my aunt, ok i'll shut up now

Joy2dWorld
VH1 calls Rupert A Hottie
Rupert gets a "hottie" mention in VH1's "Best Week Ever". Here's what the snippet said about Rup: "Well, there IS a little hottie in the Harry Potter movies, and his name is RON WEASLEY."

Well, finally they noticed...

merkledin
i saw that to!!!!hehehehe,yah i've liked him since the 1 st trailer came out for the 1st movie.I forget which site,i think it was the HP trio thingy with msn..but you pic rupert ,emma,dan,ect.and you see witch astrological sighn they are ,and if you are compatable.I'm saggitarias-how ever ya spell it-and i am moe compatable with dan ,cuase he is a leo,but i LOVE RUPERT

DracosGirl
where do u get the moving icons from?

julian
O/T kinda....

any rupert fan wants to chat with me?
send me a pm for aim/yahoo/msn.......

Joy2dWorld
I'm back with another pic of Rupert-- and this is the latest from Japan! Rupe and Em, check it out!

Joy2dWorld
oh, and of course Dan is right behind-- eyeing them with much suspicion? He was beamed live via satellite!

If I could caption it--

Dan: Be good OK! Dont do anything funny
*wonder what they do when I'm not around...*

Phoenix
As Hermione, ron and Harry have FAR too much discussion to share a thread, I'm now allowing them to have a thread each wink (merging begins, asap!)

merkledin
ok then!hehehehe i love ron,and his whole familiy too.

merkledin
i'll chat with u ,but i have to leave for 10 days,camping sorry you can pm me when evr.

Wicked
Wow, I will try to send something. I think that is such a great idea! Thanks

tigress
I mailed everyone I know to ask them if they would sign it 50 % did sign.

Joy2dWorld
Thanks to everyone who loves my sig! I have posted other similarly great avatars at the thread about Rupert's birthday-- go check it out and I hope you like them too!

Oh, and thanks so much tigress... you rock!

1,180 siggys.. and counting...

Joy2dWorld
I'd like to be Mrs. Ron Weasley! Ron is my man.

And I ship him with Hermione of course.. Mrs. Hermione Weasley-- sounds great huh!

pretty angel
i think hermione will break up with her boyfriend viktor Krum
wink

pretty angel
anyway i like ron brothers fred and george there funny

padfootluver
I LOVE RON WEASLEY!!!!!!!!! His whole family (except for Percy) is totally awesome and I Love them all!!!

Lady_Eowyn3
I LOVE RON and RUPERT!!! well I have a theory about Ron and his family: Remember that Cuaron said tht JK told him that he hinted towards things that would be discovered in later books? well I think the Weasleys are the heirs of Gryffindor, they were all in Gryffindor as far as they tell you, up to Mr. Weasley, (Mrs. Weasley was in hufflepuff) I mean they all have the red hair and golden freckles and in the beginning og the 3rd movie when all the guys (ron, harry, neville, seamus and dean) are sitting in their room with the candy that makes u sound like an animal, Ron growled like a lion AKA the gryfindor animal

tigress
HELP Iam writting a fic I remember seeing on a site that Rons birthday was in march but I cant remember the date, I know Mione's ia sept 19 and the twins is 1st of april I think I saw it on JKR site but I can't find it now does anyone know.

Padfoot15
Hey I never thought of that, Lady Eowyn! i like that theory! big grin

But does it really matter who is the heir of Gryffindor? ...Actually, maybe it does! What if it turnes out that they are the heirs and then they get Gryffindors gold or something? They'd be rich! So cool! big grin

Jetix
okay ron/rupert is one sexy giner haired boy.he is a total honey

Joy2dWorld
Turelie-- you rock! Ron/Rupert is S-E-X-Y... maybe not much in looks but--
the way he talks
the way he smiles
the deepness of his voice
he's 5'10" at 15
his Brit accent
his red hair
his green eyes
his wit & sense of humor
his being well-grounded/down-to-earth
his being unafraid to be himself
his being the best actor among the young HP cast
his great sense comedic timing
I can go on and on...

tigress
I agree that would be' bloody brilliant' Happy Dance Happy Dance big grin

Joy2dWorld

ada
I second that! xx

ladygrim
there is one at my lil sista's scool that looks just like the lil ron weasly

auror_chk
i like Ron Weaslys character....i agree with everything Joy has said...he does bring things back to reality for trio smile

Padfootlover
I know none of you are going to like this, but I found an article on Ron. I can't post links, but it's an editorial at mugglenet.com. It's one of the north tower ones and it's called Die, Ron, Die. I love him too, but that edidtorial has a good point.

twigNig
Wow that's pretty tall. He's growing well *smiles*

Happy Dance

But yeah I really like Rupert (strange because I usually like older people, I always gravitate toward the mature crowd and being a fan of HP isn't working well in that department heh.. even though I'm mature for my age I still have a childish side that shows through with HP), and Ron was always one of my favorite characters, even before the movies came out. Rupert is perfect for the part. Duh.

Joy2dWorld
Padfootlover, I dont want Ron to die... but if JKR decides to do it, I think that it would only make Ron Weasley bigger and greater than Harry Potter himself.

Just imagine the outpouring of love, sympathy and support if Ron dies trying to save Harry... not to mention the wrath of hardcore fans... this kind of attention would also do a lot of good for Rupert Grint's career! He might even end up being more famous than Dan Radcliffe.

Draik
A lot of times while shipping, people tend to forget the feelings that lie between male/male and female/female friends. I'd like to start off by saying I don't care who anyone ships: be it Harry/Hermione, Ron/Luna, Neville/Parvati, etc. Who dates who is a completely seperate matter (in my opinion) from the characters' friendships with people of their own sex.

Sometimes, while reading through the text to find evidence for their ships (R/Hr and H/Hr in this instance), people forget the relationship that Harry and Ron share. When it all comes down to it, Ron and Harry are best friends, and they love each other, too.

Harry and Ron spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to cross the age line for the Goblet of Fire together. Niether one of them came up with a solution as to how.

Now, suddenly, Harry's name is in the Goblet, even though he'd told Ron he didn't know how to cross the age line.

Guys, Ron is not nearly as jealous as he is hurt. He feels betrayed, because he thinks that his best friend in the world lied to him about not knowing how to cross the age line.

All best friends argue sometimes. Harry and Ron have known each other for four years already. In this entire time, they've had *one* arguement that's kept them apart. Most best friends fall out a lot more often than that.

Joy2dWorld
Completely agree with Draik -- Wow, you go Draik!

I sometimes encounter the same problem with some of my friends.. they tend to misunderstand the "real" reason for the spat. They think its because of shallow reasons like jealousy or envy. Its always jealousy or envy.

They usually miss the point that what hurts most is when your friend "lie" to you or "didnt share a secret" -- coz best friends are not supposed to hide anything from each other. If your best friend hides something from you, it could mean he/she dont trust you with that kind of secret.

Like, maybe he/she thinks you're not gonna be matured enuf for it, or whatever negative reason, like he/she still dont know you well enuf after years of being friends-- and that definitely hurts a lot. Best friends are alike in many ways, so if one can handle it, surely the other can handle it too! And what hurts is when your friend gets selfish with you and dont want to share a good thing with you.

And a best friend should trust each other not to spill secrets out to anybody else, especially when it would get your friend into trouble. Like maybe, Ron was thinking Harry didnt tell him coz Harry is afraid that Ron will tell -- tell others that Harry cheated to become a champion. If thats the case, then what hurts Ron most would be that Harry didnt trust him enough to keep it a secret.

Draik
Lots of good points! I agree with you wholeheartedly =).

Same here. They tend to think that Ron is constantly trying to out do Harry, which isn't true. He's the youngest boy in the Weasley family. It's true, he wants to be noticed as more than the sixth Weasley, but he'd never try to gain attention at Harry's expense.

Exactly. Best friends are supposed to share everything with each other. Ron thinks that Harry is keeping a secret from him. So, naturally, he's going to feel hurt and betrayed.

I find it completely ridicolous that some people think that Ron is going to become one of Voldemort's followers, simply because he and Harry had one arguement.

The Weasleys are forever loyal to Dumbledore. Ron's parents fight in the Order of the Phoenix. His twin brothers want to fight Voldemort. Ron has never shown any signs of being anything less than loyal to both Harry *and* his family.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>