The New Robin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CrazyEyes
I was looking at www.dccomics.com this afternoon and came across this intresting piece of information...

BATGIRL artist Damion Scott signs on as new regular series artist just in time for Batman's search for a new Robin! Tim Drake has given up the mantle once held by Dick Grayson and the late Jason Todd. Now Batman must find a new teen hero to wear the cape. But who will be his choice? It's a decision that will affect the DC Universe for years to come!

punkyhermy
i love timmy?!!!!!!what happened to him?!!!!!!they can't do this!!!!!!!!!

Gregory
I actually have the comic in front of me (126, if anybody cares). I'll miss Tim, but maybe (I suppose this is a spoiler, even though you've just seen her picture, so...) Stephanie Brown will prove to be a suitable replacement; we'll have to wait and see.

wuTa
what that hell is that?!...that doesnt even look like a human being....it looks like one of those troll dolls with the goofy hair.....there makin the next robin look like troll??....help me jebus!!

Gregory
Batman: "That homemade costume won't do. And we may have to do something about your hair."

Joker1237
Maybe Joker can kill this Robin and bring Tim back.

punkyhermy
HAHA!I LOVE BATSY! big grin
but i still think the idea sucks!i adore timmy!!!!!!!!!i was just getting used to him when they go and replace him! why'd they do that?!it wasn't as if they were desperate for new characters!?

punkyhermy
OH I HOPE SO! mad

Lord Ryugen
Tim ruled, why are they replacing him? WHY GODDAMMIT?? I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!

punkyhermy
What does everyone think of the new female Robin that's supposed to be taking Timmy Drake's place?I am absolutely appalled by the idea. Female butt-kicking is supposed to come from Batgirl's side in the Batman universe. And Timmy was a wonderfull, adorable character, I don't see why were they so desperate to kick him off the comics!! mad This is plain stupid! miffed

Joker1237
If I recall this is not the first female Robin, I think there was one in the gap of Dick and Jason, But no one knows what happen to her. Think her name is Cindy or something like that

OB1-adobe
why did Tim Drake leave?

punkyhermy
I'm not sure, but I think his parents found out that he was Robin and did not approve.

Gregory
Too early to tell. She was an okay character before she became Robin, I thought, but a lot of fans seemed not to like her.

Jedi Shmedi
I can see what DC is trying to do by making the next Robin a woman but COME ON.

Tim Drake was and still is my favorite Robin of all time.

I for one would like to know more about this girls background. Parents murdered? Secret martial arts training? Kid off the street? What? What really pisses me off is that she's wearing Tim's costume. At least to make it appeal to die-hard Robin fans y having her wear Robin's first costume. Yes. His VERY first costume. You see were I'm going with this.

Also, what the hell is going to happen to Drake now?

Is he gett'n his own series now as some different super hero? Or are they just dropping him completely?

Devalion
Don't think its a great idea.....but if others like it, then its fine.

Mr Zero
The "other" female robin was Carrie Kelly - the Robin in frank Millers "The Dark Knight Returns." Not only was she the first and best female robin - she's been the only Robin male or female that hasn't been a pointless waste of space.

Hostile
I've been reading so many transgender comic fan fics recently that the idea of a female Robin seems almost normal laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.