The Incredibles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
Disney & Pixar gave a first look at the cast of The Incredibles during three commercial breaks on The Wonderful World of Disney Saturday night. Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Samuel L. Jackson, Jason Lee, and John Ratzenberger were all confirmed as part of the voice cast.

CG Talk has up a 45-second clip from the preview, while Animated-Movies has posted many screenshots from the clips and even more can be found here and here!

The animated adventure is about a family of undercover superheroes who try to live the quiet suburban life but are forced into action to save the world. Disney will release the film on November 5, 2004

Tex
I saw a preview when I went to see Finding Nemo, I was most unimpressed! But seeing as I've loved every Pixar movie, I'm sure this one will be no exception!

ariwin
I know that this doesn't open until November, but I have a feeling that this is going to be a BIG film for Disney Pixar -- I'm looking forward to seeing it.

For those of you who haven't seen the trailer yet:
www.theincredibles.net

The website's actually very well done.

Any other thoughts?

Vengeance
well it looks cool. but i have no intention to stand in line for it at all, i might even go as far as to say that i'll wait till it hits dvd. but still looks somewhat funny.

vagaryatwill
This does look good. I'll see this.

ariwin
I think that this one has a wider appeal than Nemo did, for example.

I found this random live action promo thing for the movie today --
http://www.moviecitynews.com/arrays/media/2004/incredibles_firstinline.html

i think it's almost as funny as the trailer.

Cinemaddiction
This could quite possibly be PIXAR's greatest achievement. I just came back from it, and I am still literally awestruck.

Move over "Toy Story".. eek!

cal31
wow, it's that good?

Cinemaddiction
IMO. I'm working on a review as we speak.

cal31
Yeah, I'm going to see it this weekend, and I think that it has a wider appeal than their previous movies so can't wait to see it.

RaventheOnly
yes totally agree, the best movie i've seen in a while eek! and definetly the best PIXAR has created. eek!

It totally rocks!!!!!!!!!!

/\RK
none of the trailers are working sad

any ways could some post the characters, with pics

Crazy88No.1
It looks amazing eek! And many reviewers say its the best animation they have ever seen. Looking forward to watching it now!

RaventheOnly
yes it is the best animation yet... especially when Dash is escaping these aircraft fire machine guns at him.... that scene was..... just wow. eek!

Crazy88No.1
COOOOOOL big grin! I cant wait to go and see it!

Shaolin Monk
It was really good. I dunno if I could go as far as saying it's better than Toy Story though. Toy Story gets the extra credit of being one of the first, widely seen animation movies. It awestrucked everybody...but this did have the better animation...its a tie for me lol

clarabe1
Saw it yesterday. Absolutely great. Would see it again and will probably buy the DVD when it's out.

:.Space Opera.:
nope, didnt like it. the art direction was very good as well as the musical score, but the story line and overall direction was terrible,. there werent enough gags or anything like that at all. didnt remind me of pixar. Pixar has started to suck ever since NEMO came out. let the bashing comence!

RaventheOnly
Gags are cheap ways to get a laugh stick out tongue i'm glad they didn't play that card big grin if i wanted gags i'd watch a Lesslie Nealson movie for the master big grin

Cinemaddiction
What was wrong with the storyline? It was unique, refreshing, and was executed flawlessly. I don't know what "gags" you were looking for in a PIXAR film, that actually boasted a dramatic tone and mature content.

I'm not going to bash you at all, as this is your opinion, but I'd like to hear your reasoning for coming to such a empty conclusion.

The Tired Hiker
I saw it yesterday with my dad. I loved it. I'm glad it was PG because it gave the film more of an edge than the other Pixar films. The scene where the little boy in Cinemaddiction's sig is running from the bad guys on the island was the best high speed action scene since the Pod Race in The Phantom Menace. Plus, the movie was soooooo funny. I laughed, but my dad laughed silly. I was almost embarrassed, you should hear my dad when he cracks up, people kept turning and looking at him, and then they'd laugh harder because of my dad's laugh, then I'd laugh harder because they were laughing at my dad's laugh, and then I missed like half the movie because my dad is so distracting.

Julie
I want to see it...hopefully I can soon.....esp since it has the SW trailer

linwe_felagund
Loved it!!! Everyone in the theatre was so into it... They cheered and laughed... Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Lord Soth
I agree with Cine here, this is best movie Pixar has done yet, it moved in a completely different direction than all of their previous films (hell, animated films altogether), and it was executed beautifully. Bravo

powerfulone1987
This movie was the best, I am even considering going back to the movie theater to see it again. I made it my top priority to see this pixar movie in theaters cause i have never seen a pixar movie in theaters and I deeply regreted not seeing monsters inc. in theaters, so i am very happy. I never thought I would say it, but this movie is better than monsters inc. (sorry Boo).I plan on buying this movie when it comes out on DVD too,and watching it over and over again.

D-Double
whistle Wooooooo!....I....am.....Juiced!

This was the best movie I've seen in like six months. Pixar stepped their game up, big-time. I don't give a damn if they bit off of F4. I just hope F4 will feel the need to make a good movie because of the excellence that is The Incredibles. This is the first animated movie (besides the first Shrek) that had no stupid jokes.....I was amazed.

Why I liked it :

sharp character design
spy-guy type music
realistically hilarious writing
best humanistic gesture given to animation yet
voice acting perfection
most fun I've had at the movies in months
beautiful to look at........frigg'n beautiful big grin

I'm go'n again.....sweeeeet.

im4candee
Incredibles is NOT a rip-off of F4.
Brad Bird (the director) has had this idea in his head since before X-Men came out.
Fantastic Four is just being made because Spiderman was just a hit. Although it was a fun movie, look at how much trouble it cause with Hulk, Catwoman, and probably now F4 and Wonderwoman.

Excuse my temper, it tends to take control of me.
And I've already seen Incredibles quite a few times (I'm actually getting sick of it, like I've gotten sick of Bugs Life and Nemo) so I feel the need to protect it.
smile

SlayerChick
I can't wait to see The Incredibles for a second time! I'm gonna go see it for Thanksgiving!

HAPPY early TURKEY DAY!

AdventChild
The incredibles was and INCREDIBLE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!! one of the best by far!! 1-10 i give it a 10!

powerfulone1987
From an interview with the director of Fantastic 4:

"I'm the biggest Pixar nut in the world, and I can't freaking wait to see it," Story says. "But some of the powers are very similar, and I don't want the public to think we took elements of The Incredibles when it's the other way around."

A4E
I loved the incredibles!!

vaya_the_elf
Saw it, and thought it was spiffy.

Can't wait for it to come out on dvd.

Cinemaddiction
2 days if you're in the U.S. eek!

vaya_the_elf
I thought it came out March 23

yerssot
I saw it about half way through before the quality stopped ... it was rather below par I thought sad

Cinemaddiction
Eh, well, you're in the minority there, lol.

Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
I thought it came out March 23

15th. Besides, the 23rd is a Wednesday. Movies aren't released on DVD/VHS on Wednesdays.

LLG
I haven't seen the Incredibles, but my mom and dad are going to buy it next week when it comes out. I heard it was a good movie.

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

15th. Besides, the 23rd is a Wednesday. Movies aren't released on DVD/VHS on Wednesdays.

Did not know that.

yerssot
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

go ahead... make my day cool

Slytherin Girl
I love it ...
I want to watch it again.

shaber
I actually liked it. The costume dsigner is very impressionable.

im4candee
Originally posted by shaber
I actually liked it. The costume dsigner is very impressionable.

Her name is Edna! She's my favorite charactor, played by Brad Bird himself. laughing

Cinemaddiction
Just a reminder that "The Incredibles" is out on DVD TODAY!

At Circuit City, you get a FREE Incredibles mini basketball with purchase. I call it my...INCREDI-BALL! GET IT! eek!

http://www.corsicas.com/corys/incrediball.jpg

Punk Tiger
I saw this at the cinema, I was going with 3 people but didn't think I'd really like it, but I thought aaah who cares. After I watched it I was really glad I saw it, it was good.

Lydia_J
I didnt have the chance to see it in the cinema but i will have to buy it when it comes out because most people seem to think it was very good

Maya Zurak
I actually liked it. The costume dsigner is very impressionable. Yay! I agree with you ...she rocks!

yerssot
why do you HAVE to buy it Lydia? why not rent it first?

RaventheOnly
EVERYONE must buy no expression

vaya_the_elf
Can't wait to get it myself.

It is very cool movie

The Flash
Originally posted by yerssot
why do you HAVE to buy it Lydia? why not rent it first? Because it owns your soul.

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by The Flash
Because it owns your soul.

laughing out loud Does it now???

Corran
I thought this was a great film, the whole idea of superheroes having to stop being superheroes and be normal people. The humour was good too - definately worth getting on DVD so we can watch it a few more times big grin

And Edna was just fantaastic dahling.

powerfulone1987
i bought it and will watch it over and over again, like i said on an earlier clip in this thread. It's the best, i love it more than i did ever before.

fruits
one of the BEST movies ive ever seen!!! it was a very good movie in my opinion and is the best animated movie i think ive ever seen. great humor and action and it truly was just an incredible movie!! im looking forward to a sequel

yerssot
Originally posted by Corran
I thought this was a great film, the whole idea of superheroes having to stop being superheroes and be normal people. The humour was good too - definately worth getting on DVD so we can watch it a few more times big grin

definitly if the big fat dad has to work at a tiny office

powerfulone1987
I am looking forward to a sequel to, but I've read on here how Disney will mess up Pixar's sequels since Pixar will be leaving Disney because of disagreement.

Well if they do make a sequeal, Disney better not mess up and hopefully they can get all of the original voices back.

I really like the woman who plays the voice of the mom, I know her name, I just can't remember it now.

yerssot
I thought they just got bought off instead of disagreeing?

powerfulone1987
maybe, that's just what I heard

bilb
Originally posted by Corran

laughing

powerfulone1987
hmm.....

vaya_the_elf
Got the dvd on saturday, and I love it!

powerfulone1987
I'm glad.

I could watch this dvd all day.

Did you find the easter eggs?(the special hidden scenes)

RaventheOnly
whip EVERYONE! whip

SnakeEyes
I saw this movie and must say that they really outdid themselves on the quality of the animation! It was a cool movie too...

powerfulone1987
If they make a sequel, I hope that Pixar is involved in it and that Jack-Jack has more parts and Violet too.
I hope this time around Violet has a big sequence like her brother Dash did with his 100 mile dash sequence. It was really really good and well done, and I would really like it if Violet had a big big sequence like that of her own in a sequel.

DarthLazious
I loved every bit of it and I am looking forward to the sequel/s.

powerfulone1987
Do you know if they are gonna make a sequel?

Post-it Note
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Do you know if they are gonna make a sequel?

I saw Brad Bird (writer/director) asked this. He didn't rule it out but you got the feeling that he wanted to do something else first. And, as I remember, he also didn't seem over keen on the idea of a TV series either.

By the way the mom was Holly Hunter.

Twilight Janick
I liked the music. However, I had a hard time with the "Solo Jazzy" part in my score. Because I'm an alto sax player and I have music taken from The Incredibles in class.

As the Chairman of the Jedi Council and Commander of the Secondary IV and V as well as the P.E.I. (all levels) within the Bands' High Command (an organization who controls every music class within my school), I must imply that the teachers take colossal risks by ignoring every strategy the High Command suggests while preparing for one big contest in Sherbrooke, Quebec, held in May.

The Commander-In-Chief of the Bands' High Command, a Jazz-Pop student (every member of the Bands' High Command is a student), might as well try to participate inside the concerts I'm scheduled to take part in. Normally I would perform in only one of them, but due to an extraordinary situation, I must partake in two of them (both with students within my command branch; the first implying solely secondary IV students, the second one, due to a shortage of secondary V students, the High Command asked for volunteers within the secondary IV students). Just hope my secondary V aide-de-camp (a flutist) will not try to sabotage the efforts of the Bands' High Command.

Finally, there are three school orchestras off the Jazz-Pop: the senior (Secondaries IV and V), the junior (Secondary III) and the novice (Secondary II). Because I'm the only one in the chain of command that have authority over regular and P.E.I. students of secondary IV and V, I'm de facto the commander of the Senior.

I know the music is quite short, I know the other students don't have a high opinion of the Bands' High Command, but please, what should I do? I need your aid, even if it means resigning or dissolving the Bands' High Command.

Eis
I bought this movie couple of weeks ago and I expected a lot less, I liked the movie a lot...the characters were just very well written and the jokes were great too... great movie, I'm hoping for a sequel, will there be one?

Ultimate Hulk43
Brad Bird said IF he could come up with a better storyline than in the first movie there would be a sequel but that was in December of last year so no one knows for sure if there's going to be a sequel.

powerfulone1987
I just received the movie soundtrack in the mail today that i ordered. Like it a lot.

is it comprehensible.....

Ultimate Hulk43
Cool. cool

devilsreject304
I love the dvd! A great animation in my opinion!

powerfulone1987
are you just getting the dvd?

JKozzy
What's wrong with getting the DVD now?

powerfulone1987
nothing, just wondering.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Post-it Note
I saw Brad Bird (writer/director) asked this. He didn't rule it out but you got the feeling that he wanted to do something else first. And, as I remember, he also didn't seem over keen on the idea of a TV series either.

By the way the mom was Holly Hunter.
I bet we'd see a Finding Nemo 2 from Pixar before The Incredibles 2.

The Incredibles is my favorite Pixar movie and I'd really love to see a sequel.

powerfulone1987
I don't know how much I'm looking forward to "Cars".

I mean a movie about racing. Pixar or not, it hasn't pulled me in.

JKozzy
Originally posted by Wolfie
I bet we'd see a Finding Nemo 2 from Pixar before The Incredibles 2.

The Incredibles is my favorite Pixar movie and I'd really love to see a sequel. I feel that by nature, The Incredibles 2 is more plausable.. you can always just add a new villian. Why would we need to find Nemo again? Wouldn't he have learned his lesson last time? stick out tongue

powerfulone1987
I was surprised to see "The Incredibles" Family in the opening of the Academy Awards.

Well I guess I shouldn't have since they were nominated last year, can't remember if they won though.

But it was surprising still, b/c all they were showing were people and then at the very end you see "The Incredibles" on the side of a building before it quickly goes up.

It was very quick but they were there.

Dr_Joshua_Keyes
This movie is good! It's the bomb! lol

Bardock42
I liked this movie quite a bit....good story and good images....just very nice all in all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.