how cool!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anoushka
my whole country had a blackout yesterday night!eek! i was on the computer,innocenly playing "the sims" when the ENTIRE house went pitch black!! (couldn't see a darn thing - it was ard 10 20pm)
then i picked up my phone (thank GOD i always have my trusty phone with me!happy ) and turned on the torchlight function and went to the living room.
imagine.i'm all alone at home.it's past 10 pm.it's pitch black.i live on the 2nd floor - anyone who could climb a tree could just come in and kill memessed

and i looked out - the WHOLE AREA was out too!!even the street lights!!people were shouting up and down the blocks,even across blocks,running down the stairs to their cars in the carpark (i would have done that too if only my dad was home sad it was a freakin sauna in the house!!)
at around 11pm i got sick and tired of sitting around doing nothing but sending messages out to my friends(who all informed me that their areas were completely out too eek! and they all live scattered around Singapore!!) and i decided to do something productive.
i went to get my candles and lit all of them up,placing them around my house.then i sat at my desk and took out my quill feather (yes yes i know,i have one embarrasment ) and it was so perfect,i'd set up this gorgeous Victorian ambience...and i sat there and decided to write a play equivalent to Shakespeare (after all,i had the whole thing going hadn't i?laughing ) and just when i'd gotten the whole perfect atmosphere,just when my pen was poised to write my first word of my potentially Victorian play,just when i was getting to love the whole feeling of the darkness and the candles and the aloneness......................................

the bloody lights came on. mad

oh well. in short the islandwide blackout happened from 10.20 to almost midnight. DAMN it was such a great experience,even though i never got down to writing my play happy the ENTIRE country man!!! how cool is that??Happy Dance

Royal Knight
so you wore your sunglasses in the blackoutlaughing out loud

j/kwink

Agent Elrond
no blackouts are not cool no No KMC

theReject
umm wow

Anoushka
laughinglaughing out loud lameness!!!rolling on floor laughinglaughing

well that's true...but how often do you get an experience like that??happy

Royal Knight
yeah isn't itstick out tongue

§pearhead
Whoa blink

that's kinda cool, actually embarrasment

Anoushka
finally someone shares my sentiments happy

Raven Guardia
thats soooooooooooo cool!

Darth Revan
sweeeeeeet cool

This bit:

"my whole country had a blackout yesterday night! i was on the computer,innocenly playing "the sims" when the ENTIRE house went pitch black!! (couldn't see a darn thing - it was ard 10 20pm)
then i picked up my phone (thank GOD i always have my trusty phone with me! ) and turned on the torchlight function and went to the living room.
imagine.i'm all alone at home.it's past 10 pm.it's pitch black.i live on the 2nd floor - anyone who could climb a tree could just come in and kill me"

...could be an ad for a cell phone happy

since when do I say "this bit"? All my English mates (there I go again) on the internet are having an impact on me... confused

silent_kisses
Last year there was a 24 hour blackout here ninja
It was really hot, but I was alone really long, and the whole city was down, my block looked scary embarrasment

Anoushka
laughinglaughing out loudembarrasment i just can't live without it love

eek! all their influence!!eek!

Anoushka
didn't you find it fun at all???

i was completely freaked out at first fear thought i was gonna get robbed or...even worse messed

but i wish it lasted longer mad

silent_kisses
Omg yes laughing out loud we roasted marhsmallows in my fireplace yes
Candles were all over my house embarrasment

And I slept on the floor because it was the coldest droolio

Darth Revan
One time I was sitting at home, on the computer, probably on KMC... and there was this explosion... ten seconds or so later everything went black. It was pretty damn dark, thankfully my obsessive sister keeps a flame-powered lamp around for some reason happy

And this other time it was the middle of the night and there was this huge ass thunderstorm. It sounded like we were being bombed or something happy

oh and this OTHER time, I was at the library with the sis and we were doing homework or something, when this kid I know came in and told us that there was a huge storm going on outside... Don't know how we managed not to notice, what with the building's emergency power system beeping and the wind blowing so hard.... Anyways yeah there was this nasty windstorm going on outside... And when we were driving home, on our street (like 10 yards away from our driveway roll eyes (sarcastic) ), my retarded neighbor's tree had fallen down right across the road... It was a big tree, too. But of course my stupid neighbor was out there yelling and screaming (couldn't hear him over the wind cool ) something and waving his arms wildly about this tree that was like 3 feet around, and which couldn't have been missed by ANYBODY who could see well enough to be on the road roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anoushka
it's the best isn't it droolio

Jury
hey, dat was cool smile same happened here last night... typhoon signal no 3... floods... blackout (juz de whole town) cool

silent_kisses
That happens alot round here Kevin, poles go down and bam stick out tongue

One time our school didn't have power, and it was in the winter, and it was so cold without heating there that we all got sent home happy

theReject
I would die of heat stroke if that happened here.
messed
24 hours is a long, looooooong time.

Darth Revan
When I was in elementary school, the burning popcorn in the cafeteria set off the smoke detector cool

silent_kisses
I set my science lab on fire embarrasment

theReject
May I ask how??

Tptmanno1
Our sience teacher used to do that in 8th grade, We'd have to turn off the smoke detectore because of it.

But Blackouts are not a big deal.
Earthquake, Blackout, candles. wait.
We all have emergency kits with extra water and flashlights and such. But we haven't had an earthquake, much less a blackout in a long time, I miss em, earthquakes are fun!

Darth Revan
laughing

When I was like 12, my sister and a friend and I were playing with fireworks in our backyard, on our wooden deck... We ended up burning a small hole in it, or nearly so cool that was fun

silent_kisses
Something to do with nitrogen I think confused
My teacher got upset cause all these beakers and tubes broke droolio

theReject
A friend's dad was shooting fireworks and he blew off this thumb...or maybe his index finger...I'm not really sure... erm

theReject
I just melted our tubes for our projects...I didn't think the plastic ones one melt!! I just didn't tell her about them... embarrasment

silent_kisses
omg Canada day is coming, fireworks galore droolio

Darth Revan
ouch...

4th of July is coming up too droolio (wow, if that isn't the most obvious statement I've ever made...)

My grandma (rip) wrapped her horse's lead rope around her hand and ended up getting half her middle finger pulled off roll eyes (sarcastic) that probably wasn't the best idea

Tptmanno1
Fourth of July round here is soon.

Ahh you guys got nuthin!
In our Chem class this year, we melted about 4 thermometers blew up counntless stuff. and stuck tweezers in EVERY outlet in the classroom.
Thats fun, Flash, bang and smoke then you pull out the tweezers, the ends are black and they smolder. It fun!

silent_kisses
Our teacher blow a hole in the ceiling eek! through tiles and all ninja

theReject
laughing Did that with a paper clip.

Darth Revan
When I was younger, we had halloween parties and parties for just about every other holiday... Anyways my mom always put these little plastic sprinkle things on the tables (shaped like jack-o-lanterns, or four-leaf clovers, etc) and we kids liked to burn them in the candles evil face we thought we were so rebellious laughing out loud

Jury
when i was like 11 or so... de world's most disastrous volcanic erruption of de century happened by dat time... hera in our country... it darkened de sky for several days... it rained ashes... it covered de nearby scenario with clays.. sands... burning lava... and dried... people, children and babies... living nearby buried alive no expression

de land turned into a desert... A paradise of ashes...

dat was terifying sad i dunno if it was cool cool

theReject
Now that sounds awesome!!
I'd like to see that!

Darth Revan
where was this? confused

'cos around here folks tend to say that Mt St Helens was the biggest volcano eruption of the century

silent_kisses
We had to get the fire blankets out fireman2

R@ven
Our aerospace teacher in freshmen year showed us the power of condensed hydrogen by making a bottle of the stuff with 50% oxygen and 50% hydrogen with a 10 foot flame big grin

theReject
How do those tiny blanket's keep you from catching on fire?
confused

Jury
probably... but de Reader's Digest Special Feature in dat time called it so... b'coz of de fact dat it affects de whole world's climate after de erruption...

And I was talkin' 'bout de Mt. Pinatubo of de Philippines

cool

silent_kisses
They're huge when fully exposed yes

theReject
Oh ok
big grin

Flavio
i'll know more about the Phillipines on Sunday...

Darth Revan
I see.

Why is it that burning things is so much fun? confused cool furious

Jury
confused

Flavio
a Special on Tv big grin

Jury
oh i see big grin

Jury
i dunno... but ask luke (John Allerdyce).. he'll tell you why?

cool

Lydia
why do you have a ? after da 'why'

Jury
sorry roll eyes (sarcastic) ... (correct grammar aside) coz i'm in doubt if luke would actually tell about it. cool

sniper
fire rules

theReject
It's mesmerizing. no expression

Flavio
i dun like fire bag

theReject
You don't think the colors in it are....mesmerizing? no expression

Flavio
yeah, they are, fire is beautiful, but i dun like it even so, i prefer water...

theReject
I dunno. Water can be very dangerous also. I always have freaky ocean water dreams...erm

Flavio
i almost got kiled by water 4 times, i know its dangerous, but i like it...

frodo_dude
happened the same to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where do u live?

theReject
messed
Oh my...My worst nightmare(and I mean that literally)...drowning
or floating off to see on a floatie...don't ask

Flavio
well...i ve almost drowned a few times at the sea and at a swimming pool, but i always come back, i love water...though i know its one of worst ways of dying.

theReject
blink Why???
I would never look back at the ocean if I almost drowned in it!

Flavio
i cant explain, its just i think it's beautiful and i love going to the beach...and going to the beach without getting in the sea is like not going to it...

theReject
Hmm this is true...
Last time I went to the beach though...I got stung by a dam* jellyfish! mad
The water is pretty though.smile

frodo_dude
I love surfing

frodo_dude
i mean- nevermind

Flavio
i get kinda stuck when i'm going to the beach and start looking at it (there's an elevation and when you get to the top in yer car the sea is all there happy )

theReject
I dreamed I learned to surf the other night...and sharks were swimming beneath me...other than that it was a pretty good dream.
big grin

Flavio
wow your really afraid of water stick out tongue
id luv learning to surf...but becoz of the almost drownings i dun like going to very deep seas...

silent_kisses
I love water eek!

theReject
hmm I didn't realize I was this afraid of the water...
messed
I don't mind pools thoughbig grin
And I would go to those artificial beaches...well...maybe

Flavio
we both <- to silent
Reject -> in Brazil artificial beaches are kinda nasty, only poor peeps go there stick out tongue

theReject
messed hmm
I was thinking of the ones in Japan.

Flavio
i see stick out tongue i meant the artificial of me country stick out tongue but you'll never come here, will ya?

theReject
You never know.

frodo_dude
i've been in brazil

Flavio
*waits theReject* riiiiiight big grin

theReject
lol
big grin

Flavio
if its like you are from Argentina stick out tongue i guess your lying

silent_kisses
My friend has a summer home in Brazil big grin

Flavio
and where does he and you live?

silent_kisses
Well she stick out tongue and I live in Toronto, Canada big grin

I have no clue where the house is in Brazil confused

frodo_dude
no this is true i was there for the hollidays!! i ahd the best time!! but wherever i went to dance, everybody was dancing something named like "ache" or "axe" somethin like that

Flavio
lol axe! its a kinda dance, i only like it on Carnival (coz it gets you up), the rest of the year it sucks!!

frodo_dude
i know AND i learned a little portuguese!!

Flavio
really? what? and where youre from?
got to go now

Anoushka
*sigh*

see,Singapore is really efficient and all...we don't have any natural diasters..we don't have man made diasters either.the people here are just too well trained plus the government gts itself involved ALOT so we're never held in any of these situations sad

so when something like that does happen...eek! we make the best of it happy

some of the schools here even have fireproof and waterproof uniforms messed

that's how completely safe it is herehappy you can go out on the streets at midnight and still find many shops open and not get muggedhappy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.