Marvel vs DC The Battles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Magee
While looking around on the net i came accross a Thanos history file thing. And i got to a part about dc and marvel crossing over where Thanos and Darkseid put heros from each universe against each other in a fight. And it was very intresting. Also in the end Thanos and Darkseid battle each other, but give up in the end.
Anyway here they are big grin
The contest began as the Mighty Thor battled and defeated Captain Marvel (Not to be confused with either Captain Marvel of the Marvel Universe.). The sea-king known as Aquaman would battle and defeat his counterpart Namor, the Sub-Mariner. The egotistical Quickilver found himself far outclassed by the other Universe's top speedster, the Flash. Jubilee, the youngest of the X-Men found herself enfatuated with her opponent, the teenage detective known as Robin, and the pair reluctantly battled, with Robin coming out the victor. Former allies Green Lantern and the Silver Surfer would find themselves pitted against one another by the brother's decree. And in the battle that followed, the remorseful Surfer would emerge as the winner. The anti-heroes known as Catwoman and Electra would struggle...and the ninja-trained Electra would easily gain her victory. The vicious mutant Wolverine triumphed over all the odds to defeat the crazed, equally vicious, and far more powerful bezerker called Lobo. The Amazonian princess Wonder Woman would find herself matched against Storm, and would also find herself possessing the hammer of Thor, which bestowed upon her the power of the Thunder God. However, the noble amazon could not bring herself to fight her foe with so much extra might, and foreswore Thor's power to fight Storm as herself. Her decision would prove her undoing, and she fell defeated at the power of the mistress of the elements. The other universe would suffer another defeat as the adolescent Superboy found himself the victim of the cunning and agility of Spider-Man. Two of their respective realities most powerful champions would battle in the form of the gamma-spawned Hulk, and the Krypton-Born Superman. The two mighty heroes would battle mightily, but Superman's vast array of powers proved too much for the Hulk. And in the final battle, the most human of the champions would struggle. The heroic Captain America, the pinnacle of Human physical perfection would take on the vigilante detective called the Batman, who had honed his body and mind to its very limits in his quest to avenge his parents' deaths and become the bane of all criminals. Almost equally matched in every respect, the battle raged on for hours, until it finally turned the way of the Batman when the sewers in which they were fighting were suddenly flushed out, allowing Batman to immobilize Captain America with a blow from his batarang. As the pair climbed out of the sewers and into the rainy night, they found Alex...now the Access. Alex managed to hide shards of their respective Universes inside Batman and Cap, just as the brothers found the contest settled and the seperate Universes merged into an amalgamated whole.
Their u go. Well wat ya think??

yes yes yes

Never
Crap. No way in hell Wonder Woman lifts Mjolnir, for starters. Wolverine over Lobo? Batman over Captain America? roll eyes (sarcastic)

tkitna
Agreed! Spiderman over Superboy? Sorry, no amount of webbing and agility can overcome that might. The saddest was Aquaman beating Namor. Aquaman had a whale jump on him. Very poorly written book IMO!

Rasta
Well, if with time and preperation Batman can defeat Superman, then I have no doubt in my mind that he can defeat Captain America.

As for the rest. I think enough has been said. Crap.

kal-el
Wolvie beating Lobo is unbelievable. bats beating Cap is believable but I personally think the Captain would win. Namor would destroy aquaman and superboy losing to spidey isn't that bad, but probably wrong. surfer beats lantern in my book. WW beats Storm IMO. Supes doing Hulk is correct IMO but I'm sure all you biased hulk fans will disagree(but save your arguments, we've heard them all before in the superman v hulk thread so go there).

Magee
dont blame me i found it and its out of a Thanos marvel/DC crossover big grin

kal-el
Not blaming you at all bud.Thanks for taking the time to type it all down

VENOMfan
Hulk and spidey are plenty a match for the Supe's dou,

Spidey has beaten a hell of a lot more powerfull foe's

the majority of it was crap tho, it's not the worst ive seen they at one point some wanted to do Spawn vs Marvel and DC.

they think a little to much of his power's id say

kal-el
yeah, he'd kick some majorleague ass!!

VENOMfan
ill get the teaser for it soon, it looked awsome but you can almost see he's about to be torn to piece's

VENOMfan
yeah cool pic but Spawn is F*****, he couldnt possibly win

kal-el
so whats the deal?that a pic from comic thats coming out?Hulk on his back? Supes on the cross, how appropriate for such a messiah like figure.

VENOMfan
it was a idea they tossed around, they realized how Spawn as powerfull as he is couldnt take on DC and Marvel at the same time, even God Spawn would get thrashed

kal-el
I wonder what the hulk was doing on the florr though.eh?

LeAtHerRFace
All of the fights should be correct. Except for Superboy vs Spiderman, wtf?!?. Superboy would crush that bug.

Austinzilla
this is what i think are perfect matchups, and who would win... lend me your thoughts

The Punisher vs. Batman: Batman

Spider-Man vs. Batman: Spider-Man

The Hulk vs. Solomon Grunde: The Hulk

The Flash vs. Quicksilver: The Flash

Doomsday vs. Apocalypse: Apocalypse

The Juggernaut vs. Kyle Rainer: Kyle Rainer

Prince Namor vs. Aquaman: Prince Namor

Plastic Man vs. Mr. Fantastic: Mr. Fantastic

Daredevil vs. Batman: Daredevil

Wonder Woman vs. Captain America: Wonder Woman

She-Hulk vs. Wonder Woman: She-Hulk

who?-kid
I agree with most of your ideas, but I have a feeling Apocalypse would be crushed by Doomsday. And maybe Wonder Woman will beat She-Hulk too.

Austinzilla
yeah i think its pretty close to a tie on those too

Spiderman_RJ
punisher is tricky then bat. i guess he would sniper bat head and chop off those ridiculous ears

Spiderman_RJ
or even better sabotage and explode bat cave

Austinzilla
but batman can analyze the punisher with his computer and find his weaknesses and then grab whatever gadgets he needed to beat him...pretty much all he has to do is disable punisher's guns

who?-kid
Punisher is quite deadly with his bare hands too, but granted, Batman is a far better fighter.

Austinzilla
yeah

VENOMfan
this is considering if bat's had prep time right? If the two had a random encounter I bet Punisher can pull it off in a firefight.

who?-kid

Austinzilla
if it was a surprise attack batman would lose because one of the only ways he defeats people it with the bat computer

VENOMfan
great avy Austinzilla! lol

Austinzilla
lol

VENOMfan
Well this needs to get moved

Austinzilla
moved where?

VENOMfan
the main comic forum.

both Marvel and DC are disscused here.

Arachnoidfreak
Juggernaut vs Kyle Rayner Green Lantern? and you Piked Kyle? maybe if Kyle kept waaay out of his reach and made nose and mouth plugs with his ring to suffocate him... but thats about the only way Kyle can win i think.

Never
Agree with most all of the first picks, save She Hulk vs. Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman stomps She-Hulk...and badly.

moshtitan
ya W.W.'s stronger, faster, a better fighter and can fly, i mean comon, what more do you need??

Gregory
Batman's taken down a lot of gunmen (anyone read the Batman: Outlaws miniseries? Damn, but that had some intense firefights). Punisher's pretty cool, but I really don't think he'd fare any better.

Arachnoidfreak
The Punisher isnt just an average gunman. he's....well, he's The Punisher. give the man some credit. He's smarter than the average street punk with a 9mm or an AK.

VENOMfan
Bat's has his share of golden moments. but Punisher isnt a clown. Bat's may be smarter but Im sure Punisher has him in tactile knowledge.

not to mention D.C.'s second rate punisher "Hitman" has taken down Lobo...so too speak. So Im positive the real macoy can do more than off petty mafia scum

Just cuase a guy only has guns dosent mean he's inept. I know the prep time situation so I wont even bother with that, but I still think Punisher has more than enuf resources to bring down Bat's if the two start going at it

Gregory
Neither were the Bloodhawks--they were an elite team armed with the latest technology, and they still lost to Batman and his family. I'm not denegrating the Punisher, nor am I saying he couldn't win; given the right circumstances, the Punisher could theoretically kill any nonmeta with a single shot. I'm just saying that he wouldn't be the first truely dangerous gunman that Batman has taken down without preperation--didn't he even floor Deathstroke the Terminator at one point?

Arachnoidfreak
Don't forget, Punisher also does research on his enemies and knows their weaknesses....though their weaknesses are usually that they are human...Ever read Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe? of course its not in continuity, but he still kills major heroes and villains nonetheless.

http://www.continuitypages.com/punisher/punisherkillsthemarveluniverseV1a.jpg

http://www.punisher-art.com/original_art/comic_pages/pkmu/pkmu.htm

VENOMfan
Most all of the kills he makes seem possible.

wuTa
i tihnk batman would kill punisher prep time or no prep time....he's too smart if he can outsmart the whole justice league he can outsmart the punisher, and batman is no slouch in hand to hand combat neither

Arachnoidfreak
ok, i just showed you that Punisher can take out the Marvel Universe, and you still think Batman can kill him easily, just by outsmarting him? it takes some brains and research to find out how to kill all those heroes and villains.

Never
If I may? wink

The "Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe" was written by Garth Ennis, correct? He HATES heroes. Get my drift...? I would not interpret that as The Punisher being ABLE to take out the Marvel Universe. More like IF he could, this is how it could be done...

Punisher also tangled with Wolverine a few times (two that I recall). Call it a draw the first time. Second time? Wolverine gave it to him.

If drawing a comparison between Hitman, Lobo and Batman...yes, Lobo broke Batman's back, but that is not really fair considering Batman had spent most of his energy chasing down the inhabitants of Arkham Asylum.

With or without prep time, I would vote for Batman.

VENOMfan
I pretty much 100% go along with that. Im never to thorough in my post's but thats exactly how "what if" PKTMU should be interpreted.
If punisher was inteding on killing the marvel universe thats how it could be done. but Im sure if he tried by the time he killed two genuine hero's every body would be out for his head

and by Lobo I ment you have this insanely powerfull psycho who gave superman a run for his money "how I dont know, I was never really impressed by Lobo" and Hitman makes him look like a complete fool.
put it this way it has somthing to do with Lobo a guy in a dress and a video tape.

pretty much I was trying to get across a well laid battle plan can go a long way. of course Bat's is THEE strategist with prep time, I think with out prep-time Punisher can think lighter on his feet strategy wise. but thats just my theory

and have you read the new Punisher Never? number 16 I think.....
Punisher evens the score with Wolvie. I thought It was a decent read conisdering Marvels "new mature readers" thing.

it's up in the free section of http://dotcomics.marvel.com/menu_flash.htm?flash_version=6

shaber
Where's the Nimrod vs Amazo match?

Arachnoidfreak
of course, i know that. that's why i stated that it was out of continuity blah blah blah...it was still a great comic.

Lobo broke Batman's back? i thought that was Bane...? actually, im pretty sure it was Bane, i saw the cover to the comic recently, but havent read it yet.

Arachnoidfreak
oh dude. Wolverine got his face blown off. and they're all midgets? nice. laughing

tkitna
I agree with most of Austinzillas list too, but I think Plasticman takes Reed Richards (I know, probably the least important matchup). I just think Plastic Man has abilitys that far surpass Mr.Fantastic. Richards can stretch, but Plastic Man can contort into some mind bending manners. I've read a few times that there was a JLA book in which Batman whispered to Superman something to the affect of "You know he could kill us all, dont you?". I will look for the issue number and exact quote later. Definatly not a favorite character of mine and i've never read much with him in it, but the possibilities could be endless.

I also agree with Never that Batman takes the Punisher regardless of prep time. Better fighter, better preperation, better gadgets, better everything in my opinion. Castle could get lucky though.

Asian Hulk
The Hulk can smashed Wonder Woman.because if Wonder Woman can pulled her roped to the Hulk.

Arachnoidfreak
You obviously did not factor in Richards' most important asset. HIS BRAIN. He is a genius and will not fall for any stupid trick Plastic Man comes up with. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=292787&highlight=reed+richards+vs+plastic+man

Never
UGGGGH...I fugged up the names. BANE broke Batman's back, not Lobo - and yes, Lobo was SICK. Hitman did that to him? I am not familiar with Hitman, but in the JLA vs. Avengers crossover roll eyes (sarcastic) Lobo was taken down by the Shi'ar (sp) legion, I think? It was after a LONG fight and he killed quite a few. Then there was an Authority crossover when he simply laughed at their God and slaughtered The Authority (that's my squad), if I recall correctly...yeah yeah, in his old incarnation (I think they downgraded him?) he would multiply if one drop of blood was shed. This the guy we are using?

And I am starting to wonder if Batman is peerless with prep time. I am no longer certain. Dr. Doom defeated Silver Surfer with prep. Black Panther devised a battle plan to defeat Galactus (which is why I kept saying "don't sleep on Black Panther" a few months ago). Even Iron Man has a pretty deep pool of resources from which to draw. Maybe he is almost peerless in the DCU (save Darkseid), but Marvel has some pretty damn good strategists themselves.

Will have to check out that Punisher. In the issue where Wolverine laid him out...well, I cheated a little bit big grin The author was a tad annoyed that ANOTHER writer let Punisher stalemate Wolverine, so his story arc had Wolverine touch him up pretty nicely.

Do people realize how OFTEN this happens in comics? I hate when it does considering it can totally skew our perspectives of a character's fighting ability.

We can now agree to disagree on battles without 10 page flamefests, yes Venomfan? wink

Arachnoid (I got the name right THIS time...finally), agreed that Mr. Fantastic is one of the most brilliant men in the Marvel Universe, but most often that is away from the battlefield, right? I'd have to do some heavy research on his strategic ability in the heat of the moment WHILE fighting (we know he can come up with plans when allowed to sit and think - for example, creating a way to channel energy (Human Torch, Photon (Captain Marvel then) to Iron Man to blast out in Secret Wars #4), but is he good at thinking on his feet while fighting, a la Captain America?

Arachnoidfreak
Richards thinking on his feet...well i assume he can do it, because i've read that he is constantly observing and analyzing his surroundings, its just the way he thinks. he doesnt stop thinking about science and analyzing things for a moment, whether he is in battle or not...but as always, i have to go digging through my crates to find the comic.

tkitna
Granted, and I dont want to get into a great debate about it, but Reed usually needs a bit of that old prep time to use his brain. He has his moments, but for the most part, from all of the FF comics i've read over the years, he seems to be the whipping boy when they go into battle. Again, I dont claim to be a great Plastic Man fan or authority, but I do find him interesting. I just recently read that he's not even human anymore (dont know the extent of that) and that he actually laid in pieces on the ocean floor for a extended period of time. Pretty wild powers. Reed has limits and i'm wondering if Plastic Man does not. Whatever, no big deal.

VENOMfan
I suppose. I wasnt really going full throttle for Frank anyhow. I just think he had a signifacant chance of winning

and about Lobo, yeah it's that crazy guy who cant be killed and is uber strong. and Hitman is thee diet coke*I love that term* of Punisher.

but he literally made Lobo look Handicapped. basically he LET Lobo kill the mafia guys who were chasing Hitman and after he finished them off Hitman lured Lobo into a junkyard and dropped a giant magnet on him, while he was dazed some events took place that when Lobo tried to get even Hitman threatend to show the tape to the JLA and Lobo nearly wet himself and left.

the whole issue is available here
http://www.shwiggie.com/hitman/hm-lobo/

Arachnoidfreak
i get the feeling that Garth Ennis portrayed Lobo wrongly, just because he is more of a fan of the assasin/gunner type heros. what confuses me, is that Lobo IS an assasin/gunner. why exaggerate his arrogance? Lobo does not walk into bars and let the whole building know he is there. he is arrogant to people who are talking to him, but he doesnt start shit for no reason. Lobo is the bully when people are keeping him from what he wants, i.e. he was an a$$hole in heaven(Lobo's Back mini series) simply because he wanted to get home. Lobo is the type of character who just doesn't care enough about other people to start fights for nothing. Now, if someone where to start a fight with him(which is what usually happens) he will be arrogant and go into the whole "Lobo is th' Main Man! You can't kill me! I'm a fraggin' bastich!" speech.

Ennis is a great Punisher writer, but i hate the way is is biased.

tkitna
Just my personal opinion and a little bit of a thread breaker, but that Punisher #16 book kind of sucked. I realize that it got its point across with the Punisher having Wolverine on the ropes, but theres a few things that didnt sit right with me.

1st- The shotgun blast to the face. Funny how Wolverines entire face is gone, but yet his eyes are still intact. Does Wolverine have admantium eyelids too? Small pick, but a little realism would be nice.

2nd- Wolverine just got his face blown off and yet he takes a baseball bat smack to the nads and is down for the count. I've seen the character take alot worse than that and shrug it off. Writers choice I suppose.

3rd- The story itself was interesting, but the ending blew it. A bunch of sawed off gangsters gathering to take the Punisher and Wolverine? It just turned into a Lobo comic at that point.

Oh well. I guess the point was made.

Arachnoidfreak
Realism...in comic books....yea that'll happen.

techdude50
batman will lose to the punisher!!! the punisher is faster, and can kill anyone, besides, batman wouldn't have the bat-computer with him in a fight, he would run away and use the computer, he would never reach the cave, punisher has perfect aim, batman would die!!!!!

eleveninches
Plus, batman has been around for about 80 years (or something like that). He is only a human, with no special powers, so he would be way too old to fight now.

Arachnoidfreak
80 years?? Batman was created in the 40s. besides that, in every comic he is basically the same age, characters dont get older. havent you noticed? Punisher and Batman are about the same age.

FrothByte
i like punisher a lot more than batman. basically coz punisher is a lot more realistic and believable than batman ever will be. to me, punisher is what a human being is able to do at most. they don't make him jump from buildings, or learn 100+ martial arts or other stuff that are practically impossible.

Mider
you know i think one of the main factors with dc is that there characters kind of HAVE to be better then most anyone since......they got so few i mean they got supes, batman, wonderwomen, flash, martion manhunter, green lantern, aquaman, and who else? a slew of heroes that are just kind of there to serve the big ones. So i guess its highly possible for DC guys to kick the shit out of marvel but there are some guys in marvel like Odin, Zues, Galactus that probably only a small number of DC can hanble......and i mean SMALL Spectre and umm well ill get back to you later on that x-man is another wildcard i mean yeah the spectre can beat him but what if other guys like Galactus or ultron or Dr Doom guys like that and yeah i guess spawn would be a bit far fetched if he won against all the marvel characters and DC.

mr.smiley
This is to magee YOU ARE A ING RETARD GAY *****. you said that DBZ could beat x-men. Are you not aware that DBZ is for ING 5 year old s like you. Your so goddamn pathetic

eleveninches
My comic book store just got 2 Marvel/DC Crossovers in stock today. Hopefully, I will have enough to get them, as the store also got a copy of crisis on infinite earths in today, which I have been wanting for a while.

Quick Freeze
wait wait wait wait wait!!! hold the phone here. . .
they were gonna do a spawn vs marvel vs dc????
thats a three-way company crossover!!!
has that ever happened before???

Quick Freeze
well if it has happened, can someone tell me what it's called?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.