Spider-Man 2: $39 million opening day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mhuda
Spider-Man 2 has opened with a whopping $38.6 million this Wednesday. It has surpassed The Lord Of The Rings: Return of the King as the biggest opening for a Wednesday. I had originally predicted that it would surpass $50 million...it will do that this Saturday 7/3.

The 2004 movie season is already over. Forget Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow, forget The Incredibles, forget all those other movies for this year. "Spider-Man 2" has obliterated everything, six months ahead of schedule. We can now look forward to the movie "Because Of Winn-Dixie." The movie debuts January 14, 2005.

Stormeister
Good but this should have ben posted in the Box Office results threads just down the page smile

Agent Elrond
Yeah, that's y I made it.
Spiderman beat RotK! mad
Oh well, at least it got beat by a good movie

Here's the thread, btw
Bot Office Stats

Cinemaddiction
Actually, it would belong in the Spiderman section.

BackFire
I really am not surprised by these numbers.

vagaryatwill
I am only a little surprised.

moonwalker741
hey 7 bucks out of that 38.6 million is mine... stick out tongue

Agent Elrond
I think it's around 40 mil

Stormeister
No,you just post in the box office results thread like this...

Without having so many threads in the movie discussion about box-office results or whos gonna be beat who erm

spideyzgalmj
i was so thrilled when i first heard. I can't wait to see what this film makes down the road. I predict it will be around 800 million in the USA. I will contribute at least $15 to it.

Stormeister
800 million What the f**k? it will make alot of money but 800 million is just crossing the line.

Real
i plan on seeing it about 4 or 5 times...wouldnt be surprised if a lotta pplz saw it more than once....

Stormeister
But 800 million is more than just wishful thinking wink

The Ones
think about the game, merchandising, dvd and video

Real
then you're talkin bout the spiderman FRANCHISE...which will definately surpass 800 mil, simply becuase theres tons of marketing for the movies and such...

Pacmanimator
Can I have some of that money please?

Hit"Em"Up
the total gross for the opening night is 40.5 mill not 39

Stormeister
Oh big difference stick out tongue

I meant the movie ...not including the merchandise.

Vengeance
well i saw the movie finally tonight and it was great, and yes i wanna see it over and over. but still i kinda feel bad just becuase the end tell you the next villian and it sucks. WHY NOT VENOM

TheVenomSymbiot
What they SHOULD do is have the symbiote and Brock in 3, but not necessarily Venom. Have Brock do a scoop on the Lizard, be proven "false". Spidey telling him he won't let him ruin Connors' life, take it from there...

Stormeister
Vengeance,you dont really know if hes gonna be the villian they good save hob goblin for 4 or even 5 for all we know cus basically once they solve harrys problem they loose half of there audience.

Arachnoidfreak
Anyone know how much the movie has made so far?

Shade
180 million in it's first six days, beating the last record of 144 million set by the Matrix Reloaded.

^_^

Manowar
$800,000,000.00? dude neither Titanic nor LOTR or even The Passion has made that much! it will be MANY years before that movie makes 800 million dollars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.