The Anime Shows that are too complicated

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dragonpisces272
there are some of them, and my friend thinks that gundam wing and ghost in the shell, etc. are too hard to understand. I would say its their lack of interest in the anime, and wouldn't bother to understand the plot and names of the characters. In my opinion, those two arn't hard to understand...but which ones are?

SaTsuJiN
the series are far more complex than the movies, simply because if you miss 1 or two episodes, you basically have no clue of what everyones talking about lol.

The Force
fooly cooly is confusing at first but then later in the episodes you get what's happening

fungrl515
well, even though i don't feel this way, but everyone i know says akira is very confusing.

TrAnCeDuO
i highly suggest that your friend doesnt watch serial experiments lain or boogie pop phantom

'chelle
Gasaraki

Xena fan
That entire Akira movies are just too weird.

Kitoky
I think Fooly Cooly can be claimed confused but I don't see how Gundam Wing is.

Serial Experiment Lain can also be complicated at some points, at times it's hard for me to understand .hack//SIGN.
Akira is plain weird but a good action movie. big grin

Xena fan
I like the animation in Akira but the storyline is just too strange. erm

SpikeSpiegel
I thought Gundam Wing was confusing, I missed half the series out. It's really one of those shows where you've got to watch every episode to get the full plot.

Cha0s
Ghost in the Shell took me a bit to get, besides that it all makes sense.

dragonpisces272
yeah once you miss an episode, you have no idea what is happening laughing

SumWatTwisted
Pilot Candidate

Lord Ryugen
Neon Genisis can get pretty confusing. So can .Hack and Ghost in the Shell. Apart from those I never have any trouble following anime

dragonpisces272
ghost in the shell rock just try not to miss an episode big grin

sailormoon
Yes, Serial Experiments Lain is very complicated to me.

Phoenix Aska
I don't believe that an anime is too hard to understand...

I think that it's all in a person's interests in anime...what they don't like could be too complicated for them...

Or maybe they don't have a big enough imagination to view everything....

BlackHatDefect
Nothing is too hard to understand,Its all a matter of how lazy you are

WindDancer
Sometimes confusion happen when the dubbing is bad or the translation is really not clear. Generaly Anime isn't hard to follow, you just gotta paid close attention to the characters.

soundtrack
i have to agree, anime shows arent that hard to understand; u just hav to be patient w/ them. i can kinda understand if u get a little confused about an anime but most animes give a backround check every few episodes, like gundam wing and outlaw star. and well if u miss quite a few episodes u can miss alot of info/valuble info, but its usually nothing too serious. i think the problem is, is that if ur like me and u miss an episode here or there, u panic like...'damn i must hav missed something' and then ur not that interested in the show like u used to be. thats kinda what happened to me when i watched 'wolfs rain' so since i was missing alot of episodes i stopped watching it but now im taping them. i dont like to miss alot of eps and then start watching the rest of the series, so i wait to watch it another time. but if wanna kno something, if u watch an anime on tv, theres a good chance (like a 90% chance) that u havent seen the 'entire' series, since regular tv can only show so much. for instance, CN didnt show about 2-3 eps of witch hunter robin or cowboy bebop, so u really didnt see the whole series, even if u watched it religiously when it was on.

ill have to take a minute to think about what animes are alittle confusing to understand if u miss an ep. or 2.

sailormoon
Very well said! wink

soundtrack
simple and sweet wink

radioboy121
Neon Genesis Evangelion began to drag on in the last few episodes. The movies only assisted partially in an explanation on what happened at the end.

soundtrack
o i finally thought of one but its basically the same as ^ that one.

rahxephon.

Phoenix Aska
What's rahxephon???

Shadow_Fox
I enjoyed rahxephon. ^^ A new anime series called Melody of Oblivon, good but confusing, oh! And Juuni Kokki. *sigh* all very good... just freaking confusing.

Phoenix Aska
oOo all right....

That would explain why I've never heard of it before then....

soundtrack
well...the ppl who have seen it says that its almost exactly like evangelion, but since ive only seen like 5 episodes of evangelion...i can only see alittle bit of the similarities.

raxephon is about a young 17 year old boy, Ayato Kamina, whose life changes in a single day. Living in a world called Tokyo Jupiter created by a mysterious force name Mu. All he learned was a lie, that the only civilization on the Earth is Tokyo. Instead, Tokyo Jupiter is a barrier to the outside world were time stands still. The city of Tokyo has been overthrown, taken over by the invaders who have devastated the rest of the planet. For 15 years, the remnants of the human race have fought a losing battle against the invaders, knowing that the key to victory lies within the domed walls of Tokyo Jupiter, where time flows in a different path and none of the mind-wiped citizens even know that the city has been conquered. But no one has been able to get into Tokyo, until now.

Ayato and a mysterious girl name Reika Mishima discover a robotic deity name RahXephon, and now Ayato must learn the truth. Who is he? Who is RahXephon? Why is the enemies' blood blue?

This anime will boggle your mind and takes several times over to get all of it.

i watched the entire series and understood it, but it felt like i wasnt understanding something. then i watched the movie and then i 'really' understood it.

(if u want more info about 'rahxephon, just ask wink ').

Phoenix Aska
awww geez..you didn't have to write all that stuff.....

Thanks for the info.

soundtrack
lol, some of it was copy and paste too. but ur welcome. stick out tongue

trunkslover
well i think that wolfs rain was hard to get also astroboy

Phoenix Aska
I've never seen astroboy it looks like a waste of money....

But wolf's rain wasn't hard to understand at all....maybe at some parts but it was rather easy to understand...however if you piked up on the show without seeing the beginning episodes you'd be lost...

trunkslover
well i didnt watch it much. another one is goldenboy what the hell was up with his hand 44

Phoenix Aska
That was funny!
Maybe it's because you're a girl and you didn't get that sense of humor in goldenboy...
His hand just signified that he was really horny....
That anime was funny!
It all makes sense...he goes out looking for a job and in each place he learns new things while helping people somehow on his travels...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.