What's Hagis made of?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dragonpisces272
isnt it sheep gut? I saw an episode of Jhonny Bravo, and he said it was sheep gut. Despite the descriptions, I wanna try one...

thorncrawler
its hearts lungs liver and cram it into a sheeps stomach then call it food! *shudder*

Asami
Whats the other one... black pudding? is it blood? If so, why is it called pudding? I thought pudding was dessert!

dragonpisces272
here in the Philippines we have the ever famous "balot egg", which you've probably seen in Fear Factor haha...and that pudding...I dunno about that. We have "chocolate meat", which has pig blood in it, but excellent because the color is of chocolate! Hehe...so most people wouldnt know there's blood in it, unless told so big grin

thorncrawler
he he cool, and black pud! is called pudding cos originally it was a pudding!

mook
black pudding is stuff like blood from a pig.
is formed into a sausage shape and eaten cooked at breakfast.
ive never tried it.

i had haggis recently for the second time.
its quite nice.

thorncrawler
it is pure pig's blood, clotted!

mook
is it pure though? cos it has those white bits in...

Darth Bandon
http://www.scottishhaggis.co.uk/

burlyman
Black pudding is alright, from what I've tried. Never had hagis!

thorncrawler
BLACK PUDDING: Made primarily from Blood, Suet and Oatmeal, McKeans Black Pudding contains Onion which when coupled with a unique blend of spices it creates a product full of flavour. Little wonder McKeans Black Pudding graces many a Scottish Breakfast plate. At 500 grams you will get up to 10 slices from each Pudding.

dragonpisces272
So many different foods, and I wanna try them all, I think smile

amity75
I'm Scottish and I have never and i will never let haggis pass by my lips. Additionally, my cousin worked in a butchers and some of the stories he told me would make everyone go veggie.

Asami
amity, share some!

amity75
OK, They used to supply a lot of Scottish football teams (naturally I won't name them) with meat pies and if you were making pies for a football team that you weren't a fan of then there were no holds barred as to what got included into the pie mixture. Toenail clippings, snot, semen, urine, more snot and semen and in one case an actual maltezer sized turd were included. The guys who work in these shops are complete nutters and have nothing to lose by doing this. In one other instance a used Tampon got smeared around the inside of a pie casing before the meat got put in.

NyC-gUrL
no expressionno expression OMFG sick sick

LegolasIsMyMan
thats completely horrible, omg,that is nasty. Why do they get away with such things?

amity75
Because theres an intense rivallry here in the city of Glasgow between 2 sets of football fans. One set support Rangers and the other set support Celtic. The hatred between these fans is unbelievable and to think that a Celtic fan is eating a pie that has been tampered with in this way is completely satisfying to some Rangers fans. (Of course I cannot condone this kind of behaviour myself).

LegolasIsMyMan
I couldn't condone that sortof thing either*grose*

amity75
Not even to someone that you intensly disliked?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.