Scarface

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cgtuna21
Scarface was an excellent film and I can't believe Al Pacino could do that voice

EOWYN3
I agree--it was very raw--Pacino was awesome in it.

'Vegeta'
Say what you want about one of the best movies of all time!

wuTa
greatest.....movie........ everrrrr!

Willo
Overated. And thats from a Pacino fan!

Aini
it was/is very...long..not bad though..but very...long

Corlindel
You said it.

Evil Dead
It is indeed one of the best movies of all time................

Cinemaddiction
Agreed. It's nearly intolerable, because of the language. It really kills the mood in any movie.

bardock
what he is a drug dealer not pre school teacher. if he wants to drop the f bomb every 10 secs then by all means.

Evil Dead
c-dic..........you must forgive ghetto tough poor cuban immigrant thugs for their language........for some reason I don't believe Tony's parents sent him to the best of schools.

Dr. Strangelove
Good movie, but not great in my opinion.

'Vegeta'
For those of you who liked it cool but for the people who said it was bad for language. i agree with bardock He is an imagrant from cuba and he is a drug dealer whats wrond with it i dont even notice the f bomb any more i have seen it so much

Cinemaddiction
I know what he is, De Palma just painted him into a really bad stereotype. It wasn't so much that I was offended by the word, because I'm not, it just loses alot of it's "ummph", when it's every other word in the script.

The Redeemer
SCARFACE is De Palma's finest film post BLOW OUT. It's just about the ONLY American gangster film that can stand up shoulder to shoulder with anything that Coppolla and Scorsesse has had to offer...

Language aside...and if you're offended by anything that come's out of another person's mouth -bad breath excepted- then go and grow up...it pretty much pushes the MPAA's R rated standards by delivering some gloriously violent setpieces, a delicious nihilistic world view and some tremendous plot developments...

Evil Dead
c-dic...........I see your point. I just think it made the film better that the character was played more authentically (beside Pacino's HORRIBLE cuban accent)..........I believe if you were to run into a real person like Tony Montana, he would speak exactly the same......the language I think just made the picture more realistic. Hell.......within a 3 hour period I say the word **** more than Tony did in the flick.......I've got a real potty mouth.

ragesRemorse
scarface was highly overated. The movie was just an average gangster film that ran an hour to long. Pacino gave a great performance and if it werent for that i believe this film would have been long forgotten

bardock
i think it is one of the better films out there. i recommend people see it. if there is one film to not see it is monster that movie sucked.

Willo
I totally agree with ragesRemorse's comment. If Pacino wasn't in Scarface the film would have been long forgotten.

Cinemaddiction
First of all, I wouldn't recommend either "Scarface" or "Monster" to anyone, because of the offensive subject matter.

"Monster" was superior to "Scarface", IMO, anyway. The truest serial killer movies made to date. The first of which, in recent memory anyway, that was actually based on all real life accounts.

Evil Dead
- while I think Scarface is one of the best "gangster" movies to have been made (I don't really consider it a gangster movie......it's not really about that, more of a story of one man's rise and fall).......I do agree that it would probably have been forgotten by now if not for Pacino's awesome performance and him being such a big name in cinema.

- I loved Monster..........good, good story.

bardock
i hated monster but that is just me.

TheRealistKilla
one word comes to mind for scarface

CLASSIC

bardock
true^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^true

TheFilmProphet
Discuss our favorite movie character Tony Montana aka Scarface and played by Al Pacino. Say Hello To My Little Frien rifle

Myth
I'm pretty sure there is a topic about this already. Try using the search feature before starting these new topics.

TheFilmProphet
TOO LATE rifle

Myth
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=299088&highlight=scarface

Here we go. They'll probably merge these.

TheFilmProphet
I'll just post something else rifle

BadKitty
your right....merged.

TheFilmProphet
Bastards!! they merged my thread now it says some bum named vegeta started when I did it mad

Jason Wyngarde
no he started it way before your. you lousy hack mad mad mad mad

Myth
^ laughing

ScarFace Clone
yeah! ^^

Spitback
I see so much shit for scareface and i always wonder why the movie is a bad mvoie with bad permormeces i think this mvoie was bad why do pepole like scareface soo much.

TheFilmProphet
I could explain why this movie is GREAT easily but I have a feeling I would be wasting my time.

ragesRemorse
I agree that the movie is overated. However calling it a shitty story with shitty performances is just overkill. Pacino gave a great performance, which is why the movie is so loved.

jakegittes
Brian de Palma and Oliver Stone were showing the negative side of capitalism with Scarface. And yes, Pacino was incredible.

bardock
one of the best movies ever imo.now spitback walk over to the closet get the bat and whack yourself over the head with it. this will knock some much needed sense into you

Stealth Agent
Scarface is great mann. I think mah all time favorite movie.

What;s so bad about it. How is the story shitty give sum kinda example.

scabby mcgee
I don't love this movie either, but with all the truly crappy movies out there I can't put it near the shitty movie bin.

theterminatorx
man.......... SCARFACE was one of the most influencial,greatest movies n all its time how could you say that spitback

TheFilmProphet
Agree. But I don't think Spitback has anything to back up his statements hes probably just trying to get attention.

cal31
The only reason it's popular is because it's a gangster film, one of the first at that, and look at how many gangster films are thought of as crappy, not many, because people like those kinda films.

TheFilmProphet
I COMPLETELY DISAGREE!!

RaventheOnly
I agree about that disagree big grin

TheFilmProphet
Thanks big grin

Stealth Agent
Its not popular because its a gangster film like all the other gangsters shows/movies. Your comparing two thinks that arn't alike together.

Scarface isnt like a gidamn other gangster film out there. With the clubbin, the flashy colors. Gangstr films are ussually darker colored and ppl gettin shot in the head alot Scarface is not that.

Cinemaddiction
Not hardly. You musn't be familiar with film noir, like "Scarface", "Little Caesar", "Angels w/ Dirty Faces", etc.

If you wanna brush up, go here...

Stealth Agent
Cinema do you support Scarface?

TheFilmProphet
Good question.

Cinemaddiction
I don't like the movie, personally, but it is unfair to try and compare it to other gangster movies, when it's clearly original.

Stealth Agent
of course clearly it is

i'd just like a few reasons from Spitback why he thought it sucked so much

TheFilmProphet
Well good at least your not saying negative things about it otherwise we might have to start the same old arguements all over again. (sigh)

bakerboy
Come on. Scarface is one of the best movies from the 80s. Brian de palma direction, al pacino , michelle pfeiffer, mary elizabeth mastrantonio and others performances were just incredible. The script is so fantastic and the lines so cool that make the movie a modern classic. To say that scarface is horrible is simple dont know aything about cinema and good taste.

cal31
I don't think it's horrible, Pacino is great in it, no doubt about it, but I just don't think it's that much better than any other movie of its genre. It's original, but doesn't mean it's that much better of a film.

Mr Parker
well said Bakerboy.

ScarFace Clone
Yes! i agree with great passion.

Spitback
no sorry it was not horrible or bad it was alright the film is way to overated

Cinemaddiction
To say that someone doesn't know anything about cinema or good taste simply isn't familiar with these things we call "personal appeal", "opinion", and most importantly, "respect".

Spitback
i have good movie taste i am just saying it is overated

Cinemaddiction
That, too, is subjective. There's no proving such a thing.

BackFire
It's a cool movie, the acting is damn good.

The Redeemer
SCAREFACE blink Is that a sequel to DePalma's SCARFACE? When's it out? I just can't wait!!! laughing out loud

ScarFace Clone

Stealth Agent
Yeah spitback
Also i resp[ect every1's opion

but i'd like to debate about this movie

ScarFace Clone
Yes i would like to as well.

bardock
me too

Mr Parker
Except it looks like that will be impossible now because it looks like spitback has been banned for some reason.

zinh
Actually never seen this all the way thru but I know that every rapper on mtv cribs has a poster of scarface. lmao

Scottie
Scarface was a great movie with great acting.

RaventheOnly
i'm guesing its due to ore then one reasson that is most obvious sometimes stick out tongue laughing out loud

Mr Parker
I just looked through his last 10 posts or so and I didnt see where he did anything wrong. confused

TheFilmProphet
Maybe he didn't do anything wrong in a post. Maybe he just did something wrong when he Private Messaged someone.

ladygrim
neva seen it

Dina
i love scare faces he is the bomb. scarefaces is my favorite movie.if he is cuban of courses hes a ganster all the people form el carribe like puerto rico and domimican republic and others are ganster bro who doesnt now that.my oarents r cuban. i love scareface and who ever doent r haters.

T.M
well i am SHOCKED!!!

this movie is one of the best movies EVER made...

and whats up with the 'E' in Scareface ?

TheFilmProphet
same here

BlondeBombshell
I thought that Michelle Pfeiffer was excellent in this role. My favorite scenes are her scenes, and the scenes with her and Al. It's a cool movie. Love Al. He is always good.

bardock
scarface rules

streetfighter58
One of my all time favorite movies, Tony takes no shit from anyone

Big_Bo$$
great movie, it's all about money, power and women.

Nick is my name
Scarface is one of the best movies i ever saw.
But the only one thing that disapponts me in that movie is the ending.
I just don't understand Tony Montana's got lots of bullets in his body, but he stays alive for along time. Anyman must be dead if he's got so many bullets.
What do you think?

T.M
Use this thread.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Nick is my name
Scarface is one of the best movies i ever saw.
But the only one thing that disapponts me in that movie is the ending.
I just don't understand Tony Montana's got lots of bullets in his body, but he stays alive for along time. Anyman must be dead if he's got so many bullets.
What do you think?

Maybe it's the cocaine

Nick is my name
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Maybe it's the cocaine
Yeah, I also guess so. He was blowed. But anyway it's too unreal to stay alive then you get lots of bullets in your body.

coolmovies
Is this film any good ? I havent seen it

Bardock42
Originally posted by coolmovies
Is this film any good ? I havent seen it

'tis. Quite so even.

PVS
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Maybe it's the cocaine

definately its the cocaine. i dont think they could have been any more blatant in suggesting that....you know....tony montana with his face buried in a foot tall mound of it

vintageSW77
Scarface is a classic.
Its just a shame its been adopted by Chavs and the rap community
Poor boy made BAD with the drugs and bitches....and shit.
Anyone seen Curb Your Enthusiasm with the rap mc who has "Scarface on 24/7 and shit"???
Now THATS funny.

Face
Scarface influenced alot of people especially hip hop artists and it highlighted one major fact of todays life mainly money power and respect

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.