9 spidey movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spartanfantmc
I heard rumors that Sam Raimi would like to do 9 movies! if the story could go on that long. 9 movies that seems a little overkill. If that does happen Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst will not be in all 9. They only want to be in 4 of them at the max. Your thoughts?

Real
well, with the time its takin to make them...i think it would prolly stop with around 6, much like the star wars franchise....
Raimi wont be able to make 9 movies...because of time, and because after a certain amount, spiderman will jus get played out...albeit its the best comic based movies of all time...
also, to have Maguire be in 9 movies would be impossible, hed be a middle aged man by the time shooting started for the 9th...n no one wants an old fart play spiderman...
i mean, 3 years per movie, so 21 more years till the 9th movie? thats insanity...i'd say make a movie for; goblin (harry), lizard, venom, and carnage and work some other character in, but those would be for 6 movies total, which i think would make for an amazing series for the amazing spiderman.

Stormeister
Yeah I heard nine and 9 would be way to long,but then again 12 more years till the final one messed im thirteen now and the series would end when im 25!

sk8stuff09
ya right thats all B.S.

Arachnoidfreak
The Spiderman movies stop at 6, or so i heard.

eagle_eye
kirsten dunst said that #3 would b her last

Real
stormeister>you'll be 25 when its over, but i'll be 21 before the next one comes out, and its 21 years, not 12, so you'd be 34 and i'll be 38...which is kinda ridiculous, but at least i'll be able to take MY kids...which is kinda cool i gues...

Hit"Em"Up
i heard 6 also not 9.

but i dont think tobey or any of the rest wanna return for 3 other films of spidey.

Real
he'd be getting too old, and spiderman cant get to be an old geyser...so they'd have to get someone new...

Pacmanimator
It'll probably stop at5 or 6 in my opinion. Maybe only 4. But I expect when we're all in our 60s they'll make a new one with new actors and it'll be a bunch of crud compared to the ones we watch now.

Real
it will, n that'd be kinda cool, spiderman is our generation's star wars

Hit"Em"Up
ehh i admit the spiderman films are great but no movie can out break the original star wars.

im only 19

Real
no, im not sayin that, i meant that the spiderman is similar to star wars, in that there will prolly be a break in the production of films...either for a new director or cuz Raimi will get bored...
and im sure to some people it will be better than star wars (im still a SW fan myself)

wuTa
i heard maguire has an option on his contract with sony to return and play spider-man for a 4th,5th, and 6th film if he still wants to play spider-man ....this is why everyone heard 6 but the only for sure thing is that there will be a 3rd film

Mr Parker
yeah theres only going to be 6 man-spidey movies.

Hit"Em"Up
parker its not man spider you moron.

god your so f****** annoying

Vengeance
lol i agree, who cares if its not exactly like the comic, if u dont like it then go read your comics, stop annoying eveyone geeze. what movie super movie comic is exactly like the comic book. and any way i also heard there dunst says she can only imagne about the third and thats all folks.

Bojangles
their original contract was for 3 movies, but theyre renogotiating the contract for 6 movies (as kirsten said)

Vengeance
well i sure hope 3 is there last just becuase it will become a normal thing and no one will care, just like batman.

moonwalker741
6 or 9, iit dznt matter, tobey will still be rele old by the end of the day stick out tongue

Vengeance
lol true he wont even look normal in the suit after the 6th movie. he would have grey hair and sag alot. man that would be some wrong.

moonwalker741
yeh he'll gain weight, a fat guy in a tight <very tight!> red and blue suit flying around nyc going 2 miles per hour and 5 feet in the air becuase his heavy weight wont giv him the momentum to lift up higher or go faster stick out tongue

Vengeance
lol true. that stuff i just dont wanna see laughing

Mr Parker
not my fault if you all cant distinguish spiderman from manspider. roll eyes (sarcastic)

moonwalker741
^...umm riiiiite, can u plz stop with that sh!t, omfg, go complain to sam rami <sp?, instead of whining here......

ragesRemorse
Raimi doesnt even know if he wants to do a fourth one. the third is deffaintly being made, but Raimi said the fourth is to far off to even predict. Kirstin dunst doesnt want to be in a fourth movie so she''ll be gone eigther way. Now i know just because raimi doesnt want to do a fourth movie doesnt mean there wont be a fourth movie but that is the only way it would be good

wuTa
i agree

VENOMfan
Well..Betty is becomeing a bigger and bigger character in the franchise.....they might dump off MJ in three and start up with her

Vengeance
omfg man go find a life or steal one from somebody. becuase there is no such thing as man-spider shit u speak of. if you dont like the SPIDER-MAN movie yes i said it spider-man movie then dont talk about it. even though u dont like it, it still made more money then you will even see.

moonwalker741
oooh burn!...szzzzzzzzzzz stick out tongue

yeh thats true, get a friggen life...hu cares if its organic, and plus, its a comic movie! its a guy hu gets bit by a spiderman and has super powers and swings around nyc, and ur pissed bout organic webs....riite

Real
is sumone still on the organics whining? get over it...ur not gonna change anything...
n btw...if ur gonna keep complaining...consider this: spider-man ISNT invincible...and yet peter parker falls off a considerably tall apartment building (more than 3 stories) and ends up not dying...
NOBODY can fall from that height and not break at least one bone...all he says is "oh my back" but not harmed enough to require medical attention...so yeah...its a freakin movie about a comic book character...not a movie clone of a comic...the word BASED should come in heavily here...its not gonna be exact...SOME creativity needs to be used...

moonwalker741
ooooh burn agen!...szzzzzzzz

Vengeance
damn with all this burning we could start a fire. dont worry i'll bring the hot dogs. but you guys have to bring the buns.

Stormeister
only six spidey movies! rolling on floor laughing

TheRealistKilla
mr parker your one stupisd mother ******.

quit your b*tching and get the stepping.

Vengeance
lol thats another good burn

TheRealistKilla
hey mr. parker are you related to bob barker?

what do you do kneel and bob on bob barker?

Vengeance
laughing

TheRealistKilla
mr parker seems obsessed on man spider makes me kinda think if he's a little on the same sidlines with his sex

Vengeance
laughing
this is gold

TheRealistKilla
laughing i know i am gold

Predator 89
That was pretty funny. Mr. Parker should get a life and stop wasting his time posting Man-Spider crap al time there's no point. Oh and Realistakilla that was gold! Back on topic yes Sam Rami is doing only three Spider-man movies not 4 and definately not 9. Tobey said that he would keep in mind a 4th if the script was good. So there is practicaly a snow balls chance in hell that we will see 9 spidey films. Any way even if they do a 4th with another director it will probably suck. They should stick to a story arc and do 3 movies so the series will not be blemished by lame sequels. I mean look what happened to Batman.

TheRealistKilla
if spidey 4 needs a new director i think peter jackson will do a bad ass job.

Vengeance
i hope you deffinition of bad ass means good in that sentence laughing

RiCaNLoCa101
i dont ever want the spiderman movies to end.. but they shudnt take soo long to make the movies.. i heard the 3rd movie is going to come out may 4th 2008.. =/

Stormeister
Good to know wink

Spider-Dan
No one knows for sure how many Spider-Man movies will be made. One thing I do know is that they will keep making them if they keep rakin' in 400+ million at the Box Office and 400+ million in DVD and merchandising. If you were in the business of making movies, would you stop?

Stormeister
No thats the problem nowadays they think more about the money than the story sad

ragesRemorse
i think raimi will stop after 3. I'm positive they'll want to continue, but maguire said he couldnt imagine working with anyone else. So if maguire would agree to go with another director number 4 will be his last. Which would mean the end of spiderman films, unless they try a batman type thing and cast a new actor anyway. This could happen, and if so it would deffaintly be as appauling as all the batman sequals. So basically, no more raimi means no more spiderman

Mr Parker
No there is no such thing as a spiderman movie being made yet because there HASNT been one.these films of sonys are manspider movies,and sorry to tell you this but this you shouldnt be hear if you dont want to hear criticsism of a movie you like because thats what this board is for is to cpriase AND criticise,so I suggest you find another site if you cant stand to see your stupid manspider move criticised.

Mr Parker
manspider MAY sound stupid but thats what he is now a manspider. roll eyes (sarcastic) and thats extremely chilidish to turn the words around of someone saying something they did not say.

Mr Parker
ha ha,everytime you manspider fans see your manspider movie put down thats all you do is say get a life-you manspider fans are the ones that need to look in the mirror when telling someone to get a life since you cant stand seeing your stupid manspider movies put down. stick out tongue

Spiderman_RJ
no spiderman movie? well if u dont like sony version what about the 90s movie? the one where peter parker origin was completely different?

ragesRemorse
dude i think someone really needs to get past a little thing like not including web cartridges. Big god damn deal.either way parker is still more man than spider, so spiderman would be accurate

FeceMan
George Lucas had nine Star Wars movies he wanted to do. Oopsie, look what happened.

EDIT: Wtf, "manspider"? Get over it, you whiny little schoolgirls. Spider-Man in the movies has all the same powers as he does in the comics (except he has organic webshooters), so I suppose that makes comic book Spider-Man into a Man-Spider as well. Although he did want to be called the Human Spider...

I just don't understand why having organic webshooters is such a big deal. Anyone care to enlighten me on this?

EDIT AGAIN:

Try the original post. Durh.

ragesRemorse
i dont think George Lucas knew what he wanted to do, but if he wanted to, he could do 20 star war movies. Anyway where did that comment come from

Mr Parker
NO because he is a damn monster now so he is now a manspider. roll eyes (sarcastic) might as well say him having 8 arms in the movie is no big god damn deal either. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
I think you meant to say the 90's cartoon show right? The 90's cartoon show-at least the first season is by far a hell of a lot better than sonys manspider franchise,its a lot closer to the comic.The first seasons episodes rocked,after that it went totally downhill with just a few good episodes here and there.Ill take the 90's spidey cartoon where he is spiderman and not manspider any day of the year over that crap manspider franchise of sonys.I was dissapointed with the 90's spidey cartoon series as well,because unlike the batman animated series,it also was not loyal to the comicbook in a lot of ways.Like I said,the first season was by far the best because it was loyal to the comicbook for the most part,after that it got progressively worse each season.But at least with the 90's cartoon,I can still enjoy it because even though many stupid changes were made in that show as well like Kingpin being in almost every episode and villians like doc ock and green goblin being lackeys for him,unlike the movie,it had more positives than negatives to be able to be an enjoyable tv series.It wasnt plain god awful like spiderman unlimited and the manspider franchise of sonys.hence way I have that sig at the bottom. smile

TheRealistKilla
mrparker stfu abought the man spider crap.

the only reason they did that crap is because they probably didnt have anything else to toss in the mix for the cartoon.

and how do you call yourself a fan of this franchise if all you do is just bash and piss on it?

it looks to me that your nothing but a fake mr.parke

so quit fronting and get the stepping

Mr Parker
no that spiderman franchise of sonys is whats crap because its a manspider franchise.you need to stfu that a spiderman movie has been made just because sony tells you so. roll eyes (sarcastic) because I love the 90's cartoon show even though they made a lot of dumb changes in it as well because it was by far much more loyal to the comic especially the first seasons episodes.

TheRealistKilla
sony's spiderman is crap?

lmao man you must be out of your mind.

spiderman 1 made like 30 somthing million.

spidey 2 grabbed 40.5 million opening night.

thats awsome for a franchise that you say is crap.

Mr Parker
Hey most of society enjoys crap.there are many bad movies that have been made that were crap and were box office hits and many movies that were very well made and underated that were box office flops,there was never any doubt in my mind it would be a smash hit at the box office because spiderman is such a popular character,with all that clever advertising and promotions they made both times,there was no way these movies were not going to be smash hits at the box office, so please don t give that old lame argument that has been given so many times in the past that it was a good movie because it made so much money at the box office nonsense I hear all the time from the manspider fans.

bakerboy
Yeah, mr Parker. Those man spider fans are so ridiculous as always. Their logic is the ilogic. So, by their ridiculous theories, the phantom menace is better than casablanca, scooby doo is better than citizen kane and the american pie movies are better than the godfather because they have made more money in the box office. So logical and coherant. roll eyes (sarcastic)

FeceMan
I think Mr Parker is just trolling for flames.

What it boils down to is this:

Mr Parker is an intolerant bastard who seems to flip out at the slightest change. Thus, he must blaspheme the name of Spider-Man in order to satiate his uncontrollable and rather confusing lust for some form of petty revenge against Sam Raimi. This leads him to call Spider-Man "Man-Spider" because Spider-Man now has organic webshooters, which, for some unknown reason, have transformed him into a monstrous spider that has some semblance of a human. It also represents all the ills and wrongdoings of society today.

Mr Parker and bakerboy, if you're going to have signatures that make you suck as people, at least make them grammatically correct.

Ghetto Goblin
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii disagree

TheRealistKilla
they suck alright but what do they suck?

Mr Parker
An intolerant bastard? you need to look in the mirror when calling someone a troll.Engaging in name calling which is what you are doing now is whats trolling.

TheRealistKilla
parker shut the f*ck up.

all you do is piss us off.

get a life you lonley 45 year old comic book reading virgin.

Predator 89
Wish i had thought of saying that! laughing

VENOMfan
Nock off the bashing

hershy
don't worry guys, spiderman is an awesome superhero and they turned it into an excellent movie. I personally think that it is better that they added the organic webshooters. It makes him more of a mutant, which adds more drama to his life. I like this because i'm sick of superhero movies where they only make the hero half mutant. In the worst case senario, we have batman. I mean, he is cool and all, but he's not a superhero, he's just a vigilante, and if spiderman simply has cartridges to shoot out webs, that somewhat makes him a vigilante too, so its' better to have the organic ones. Oh, and mr parker, if you continue insisting that we call him manspider, then maybe we should call you parker mr.. see how you like it when people f*ck up your name

Maelstrom
My comic dealer told me they are gonna put out nine spidy flicks. Happy Dance

ScarletSpider
Unless your comics dealer is Sam Raimi...I wouldn't pay much heed to it until we get an official press release. Although I think there will be more than 3....

Maelstrom
in the 9th or last movie Spider-man finally gets laid!

mordamor22
i highly doubt there will be nine.........do u know how ur comic dealer got the info???

Kontraz
no way there will be 9.... unless you count the 5 that were made in the 70s as "spider-man movies". Cuz those sucked balls, but if you count them, then sure there could be 9....

Viper
My comic dealer told me Blade was going to turn homosexual in the next movie. IT MUST BE TRUE!!

ragesRemorse
You can gaurentee that there would not be more than four spiderman movies. Betting on four is an unlikely bet. Raimi said that the spiderman movies are very draining for him, and that parkers character isnt as interesting to him anymore. Dunst will leave after three. If Raimi leaves, maguire will leave the franchise, he has alreday made that clear. Besides, maguire is an actor with acting ability, he doesnt have to rely on a single character to get work as an actor. I dont see him staying on the spidey franchise much longer regaurdless of raimi's participation. Raimi will leave after three, and so will maguire. Now this doesnt mean they wont push on for another installment, but it owuld be a horrible failure without what makes the movies so popular. However, maguire did sign a contract for six spiderman movies, but this doesnt mean they will get made.

Kontraz
well, they can always get new actors and director(s). I mean, look at batman. The first 3 were pretty good, and the 5th looks like another hit so far... But i agree, the movies are done after 3.

Paola
moving to Spidey forum...

Mane
well thats one more than you have wink

Mr Parker
well he's wrong,thankfully there is only 4 more man-spidey flicks planned.

Mane
well obviously know one cares.

all comic shop owners that ive ever seen are fat and dirty.

Rhino
they probably still live with their parents too LOL

Wolfy
ahhh this is all bullshit there will never be nine there already talkin about having venom and carnage in the 3rd movie after that there should be no more

Shade
In my wonderful comic dealer's defence, he's a cute, skinny, spikey haired Japanease guy ^_^

As for nine Spidey movies, nah. No one will do another Spidey movie without Tobey, and if they do it'll be horrible. Same thing with Raimi.

Mr Parker
Well the first two films were horrible so that will be nothing new.

moonwalker741
holy sh!t, shut up!!

Mane
just ignore him. let him keep crying to his mommy about it.

Mr Parker
sorry the truth hurts you and Mane.. big grin

Mane
the truth? no. your bitchy whining? sometimes (though i must say i dont *enjoy* it).

moonwalker741
truth? a guy gets bit by a radio active spider and calls himself spiderman is true too right? if your so ticked off about taht stupid nitpick, make your own god damn spiderman movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.