Tour de France

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XjulieX

XjulieX
no one?? confused wacko wink

brewcrew1982
i hope lance armstrong sets the record with 6 straight !!

XjulieX
I hate the guy smile

I'm a fan of Tom Boonen smile
doesn't live far from me either stick out tongue

ElectricBugaloo
Lance is still about 9 min back, the question is when US Postal will make their attack...

XjulieX
not too soon I hope stick out tongue

ElectricBugaloo
ha, they made their attack, and now--barring something bad--it looks like Lance will be sipping champagne in Paris

shangheid
heh lance was in 2nd when i checked (im a lance cancer supporter i got da yellow band lol)

forumcrew
*lance is in the lead

ElectricBugaloo
Lance extended his lead today, almost four minutes on Basso, almost eight on , with another Time Trial to come later in teh week

yerssot
funny, now that he's doing good, americans are interested

ElectricBugaloo
well yeah, it's like track and field, we don't care about it until the Americans are competing.

yerssot
nono, until they are winning

ElectricBugaloo
by competing i meant competing to win.

to be honest, most Americans didn't care when Lemond won; the reason they care so much about Armstrong is:
1) He is so damned dominant
2) He fought back from cancer and got to the top of his sport.

not in that order necessarily.

ElectricBugaloo
ho hum, Lance wins another stage, the French still hate him.

ElectricBugaloo
I have the updates for like the last 5 stages on my website, if you want to check it out. Today's stage should be up any minute now.

Woody Woods
did you see the french making a narrow path for Lance to finish....wowzers....

Neo_Version 7
I heard he got cussed and spat on by anti-Armstrong fans in the 16the stage I think. Dumbasses.

Anyway, nice win earlier. Half a bike. WOWZERS, WOWZERS!

G.P
Wow Nice thoughts boys: I see the stupid American medias are doing a great job...

Narrow path, hate,.... pfff you are so naive...

XjulieX
I'll be honest here, I don't like Armstrong and I never will...

every1 bows for him... runners, not even from his team wait for him when he's got a prob; djeezes... his victories are given to him

yerssot
I must agree with julie, it's rediculous... "oh no! there is lance, lets break pace now" no expression

ElectricBugaloo
It's customary for the peloton to wait for the yellow jersey if he falls. This isn't just done for Armstrong, but whoever holds the yellow jersey. So, learn the facts before you start spouting nonsense that you heard on sports talk radio.

As for his victories being 'given to him' I seriously doubt that anyone of the people on the other teams would say, "hey, I'll just let this guy win". No way, Ullrich has been working for 5, now 6, years to beat him and hasn't been able to; Armstrong is the most dominant Tour de France rider, if not ever, then definately of this generation. (Not the best bike rider ever, that obviously is Eddy Merckx).

XjulieX
he wasn't wearing the yellow jersey at the time they did that.

hey you don't know me so don't judge. me I've been following cycling since I was little. I do it myself, so don't say I'm talking nonsense here. I ain't judging you, so I'd like it if you'd do the same. And I don't listen to the radio, I actually see it live, thank you very much.

ElectricBugaloo
oh, then you know that when Ullrich fell, Lance stopped the peloton and waited for Ullrich to get up. So it's not like they only did it for Lance; it's not only the yellow jersey, but any of hte competitors.

XjulieX
yeah I know that. but you're missing my whole point smile

Bicnarok
Was watching this today and it was worth it just for the crashes, the cyclist who did a sumersault into a fence in this one carried on and got the dotted jersey and red number for most active cyclist, no wonder pulling a stung like this.

Oh and French drivers, lets not mention thatsmile

Av-AXNDH-nY

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.