Top comic book movies of the future

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jonas_weez
Please tell me about any movie I forgot to put uppokey

vu_Quang
hmm i'm really not looking forward to any of those. i wouldnt mind seeing the new batman though. if they ever decide to make a Avengers movie with Captain America doing his leading the troop thing i'll be ok with that. otherwise a captain america movie by itself is boring. we need to see a few heavy hitters in one movie. this is where hulk disapointed me in.

umm. out of those movies it seems fantastic four has the best chance of facing other supervillians. that's what they do. but the rest looks like they could just work the streets for thugs and such. captain america is gonna face the ever boring red skull i bet.

oh yeah the guy who's doing the next batman was the director of the first batman..it's the only one he directed so give this one a chance. and actually that other batman with jim carrey was actually good too.

IRTMU-Dragon
Ghost rider! Anti-heroes all the way!
Dauh duh duh duh!

the assassin
well, personally, i'm looking forward to ghost rider, nick fury, and iron man. but the thing is almost none of those movies can develop a strong villan that most everyone knows! i mean, b4 x-men, if u asked almost anyone, they would know who magneto is. same with spiderman and green goblin. i read comics and personally, ghost rider could have blackout or deathwatch. probably deathwatch. i dunno. nick fury? probably another punisher type movie. iron man i really don't know of a villan that could be in the movie! the only for sure villan i can think of is for fantastic four in doctor doom! a lot of ppl know who doom is. they all have tremendous potential, but villan wise, i'm gonna have to sa fantastic four. fans wanna see a good movie with a good villan. if fantastic four's the only movie that can deliver, then that's gonna be the onel everyone wants to see!

FrothByte
ghost rider. look at my sig

Arachnoidfreak
Ghost Rider, definitly.

note: 3 sigs in a row made by the same person...man, VENOMfan sure is popular.

ScarletSpider
A real gritty war story with some superhuman components would be a great Cap movie. I want the opening scene to be the allies getting their asses kicked, a german officer open's his tank hatch to sing some false Third Reich praise, and get's his face smashed by Cap's shield.

Namor would be good, from the earliest little inklings I've heard about it, I'm expecting kind of a LOTR epic type thing under-water.

And why are they making a new Nick Fury movie? What was wrong with David Hasselhoff's version lol? jk.

bardock
ghost rider would rock. or it should unless they screw it up

Beyonder
Man-Thing is coming out in October of 2004. That's what you need to include jonas_weez.

http://www.movie-source.com/movie_page.asp?movieID=1438

My pick from most intrigued and looking forward to:

1] Ghost Rider
2] Iron Man
3] Namor
4] Nick Fury
5] Fantastic Four
6] Captain America

I think Captain America should involve S.H.I.E.L.D. and Fury. The premise could be S.H.I.E.L.D. digging Cap out of the ice in the present and they send him to stop the Red Skull who took charge as the new leader of Hydra after killing the senior officials. Captain should battle his way through Viper and Crossbone, arriving at the climax - Cap Vs. Red Skull.

Then after that movie, S.H.I.E.L.D. and Fury can be a kind of spinoff of Captain America. That be wicked crazy. wink

ScarletSpider
Not that that isn't a bad idea, but Cap going through 2 minor villians and busting Red Skull's ass seems to formulaic. We need something different, to draw in people from more than just the comic-reader and mindless action movie crowd.

manjaro
Iron fist(2005, I think?),not sure so dont quote me. This movie haas been in talks for production since the first spiderman movie, but unfortunatley it has been plagued w/setbacks. All I know is they got the guy who played Darth Maul, and Toad in X-men as the lead, so we just have to keep our fingers crossed. But im just hoping to every thing thats holy and sacred that they dont put him that gay ass green and yellow costume

Alpha Centauri
Avengers wouldn't work coz the licenses are all owned by different companies allegedly.

Most Marvel movies are reduced into your run of the mill weekend night out sorta thing. Hulk for me was the only one that resembled a journey of a movie. Spider-Man was awesome but lacked a little something that two will have hopefully.

If they did a Hulk trilogy it'd be the best so long as they don't use Hulk every 5 minutes and keep his appearances scarse.

Ghost Rider will rule if they do it right. That is one movie that needs the absolute right actor tho. Nicholas Cage was the main candidate so I heard, I think he'd be awesome.

I dunno if he's too old but Tom Selleck would be the best possible Tony Stark. Not crappy Tom Cruise.

Allegedly Brad Pitt was/is gonna be playing Captain America. Can't personally see him pulling it off.

I'd love to see a brilliant Surfer movie but I'd rather them NOT make it than make it and ruin it.

X-Men 3 is either gonna be the best or the worst. Coz there's allegedly no Storm and Hugh Jackman hasn't even signed up yet. No Wolverine= No movie and they know it.

The problem with X2 was that they crammed way way too many characters in needlessly. What's up with Wolverine killing off his ex love and how come no one has stumbled upon the uncanny resemblance of Nightcrawler and Mystique? I say ditch Rogue and Iceman if he isn't gonna be doing anything cool (no pun intended) and bring in Colossus and have him fight some other big guy. That's the brutal fun side of things covered. Perhaps Juggernaut? Although Juggernaut would win in the comics it'd be a great thing in the movies.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Well, there's allegedly no Storm because Halle Berry said she wanted a bigger role, or she's done, so she might be out, though i think they should give her the bigger role, just not too big. i.e. they could do the whole gold team/blue team thing and make Storm and Cyclops the respective leaders, with the new characters being introduced there should be good sized teams.

ScarletSpider
The last I heard, Hugh Jackman wants to do X3, and was waiting to hear word of what was happening with it. Personally, I don't give a crap if there's no Storm, Halle can't act for shit anyways, and for eye candy, she's not that sweet.

I don't see Pitt as Cap either, they need someone larger than life who can kick ass.

Manowar
WHOA! THERES GOING TO BE AT LEAST 10 COMIC BOOK MOVIES IN 2005!!! jawdrop

Constantine - February 11, 2005
Daredevil 2 - 2005
Deathlok - 2005
Dr. Strange - 2005
Elektra - February 18, 2005
Fantastic Four - July 1, 2005
Ghost Rider - 2005
Iron Fist - 2005
Iron Man - Summer, 2005
Luke Cage - 2005

VENOMfan
Afleck ok'ed DareDevil 2?

Manowar
yep in pretty sure he did, as well as all of the others

i hope they have Mephisto as the villain, that would kick a$$

i wish they would have Deadpool there, but that wont happen

VENOMfan
I thought he was still on the maybe side of thing's. do you have a link to this info?

I cant wait for Bullseye to come back esspecially now he's rockin the adamantium skeleton. really anybody vs DareDevil is great visually even if he just throttle's them cuase he show's off his mad skill with the billy clubs

Manowar
unfortunately i dont know where i heard that, because i erased my history (stupid move)

i just hope he DOES come back, im pretty sure hes leaning towards it

Spawnie
Ghost Rider baby YEAH! I also look foward to Iron man, FF, and Captain Am.

Allthough I know that eventually I will see all of those movies, lol.

ScarletSpider
I really don't care if Affleck comes back. As long as it's written well, and the acting is done well, I don't see any reason why cry baby Ben has to return. He was complaining about doing the first one "it was really hard". Well it's your job, dumbass, you're an "actor", although calling you that is a bit generous, but actor's have to do STUNTS once in awhile, wuss.

Beyonder
I just hope I don't die before I can see all these movies: I mean this literally. I'm going to hell you know - I doubt they'd allow me to enjoy anything...but pain and suffering.

That's how I view death, everything that comes after your death is something you won't be able to enjoy (unless you're in Heaven, which I doubt I will be anyways). sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.