Marlon Brando Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

botankus
It's been confirmed that Marlon Brando has died at the age of 80. An old age for someone who definately deserved to live that long.

I remember last seeing him in The Island of Dr. Moreau in 1996 and he was looking pretty rough, to say the least.

WindDancer
I heard the news and sadly it is true. The entertainment business has lost another great actor. His fans and myself will missed him. He was just one of a kind.

RIP Marlon Brandon.

LilKitty
What?!?!?!?!?!??!

Are you serious?!?!? cry No, it cant be!!! Please tell me you're joking!

I cant believe Marlon Brando is gone.

RIP Marlon Brando. He was also one of my favourite actors. I cant believe hes dead.

sad

Aini
...there goes a legend
R.I.P. Mr. Brando

R@ven
He died sad ..... may he rest in Peace.

SeptemberRain
When did he die? sad

R@ven
This morning.

R@ven
mods can move this to GDF if they like but more will see it here sad

shellie
he was sooooooo great . my best wishes to his loved ones and those who care about him .

Blind-Enemy
I just found out ... sad

R@ven
These are some of the Great movies he played in:
'Apocalypse Now'
'The Godfather'
'Last Tango in Paris'
'On the Waterfront'
'A Streetcar Named Desire'
'The Wild One'

He died at age 80--Brando died at an undisclosed Los Angeles hospital Thursday. The cause of death was being withheld

Ancalagon
rip

Forcizzle
sad that sux

im burlyman
Very sad news. sad

FRO§T
umm dont mean to be stupid, but who is he

R@ven
one of the best actors of our time ... sad

FRO§T
im 16, so i proberly havent seen his movies

R@ven
Ummm i haven't seen most either but I did watch The Godfather and he was awesome along with the Wild One .... you will see them one day and say "oh"

Primitive Screwhead #1
Greetings, fellow primates! Normally, I don't frequent the Movie Celebrities section of these forums, but thought it would only be appropriate to reflect back on one of Hollywood's well known fixtures in cinema.

As some of you may know, Marlon Brando, most noted for his parts in Apocalypse Now, Godfather and Streetcar Named Desire, passed today at age 80. Not one to elevate celebrities onto a pedestal more than they already have been on their own, I do feel that society has lost yet another member of a film generation long since replaced by explosive film budgets and mass SGI.

For those of you who actually liked Brando as an actor, I'd be curious to know which portayal of his is the most memorable to you. This is an opportune time to reflect on a great career... in his own words, "an offer you can't refuse".

BadKitty
seriously? that sucks big time sad

All_For_Orlando
Who the heck is Marlon Brando?

pipschick
I just heard about his passing about 30 mins ago sad such a big shame, he was a great bloke and fab actor of his time...will be sadly missed !!

R@ven
ok... he's the Godfather in the Godfather, one of his most recent movies. erm

Pyrofly
he was a great actor...i wish the best for his loved ones...r.i.p sad

All_For_Orlando
Never seen em :/ Oh well, ill look up some pics of him to see if i know who it is

Dr. Strangelove
RIP Mr. Brando, you were one of the greatest actors of our time.

Clovie
sad

fini
i wont be sorry he died. He was old and no one deserves to suffer in old age. So be glad he has moved on to another path

And i am extremely thankful for the legend he proved to be on screen. Without him we would never have known how great an actor can get.

So rest in peace Mr. Brando and thanks for the masterpieces.

R@ven
my thought exacty.

Hit"Em"Up
i was watching the news and they announced this.

i was like holy sh*t.

thats weird because i was watching the godfather last night and then wack brando dies.

Primitive Screwhead #1
Sorry I didn't see your posting before mine went up, botankus. Could have sworn I went up and down the page to make sure this thread hadn't been started before throwing my own up there. Alas, they probably shall be merged before long....

Aini
he had it in the movie discussion first...had been moved here.
juts to clear that up

Bana_Rama1968
i couldn't believe it when i heard he died..i'm so sad sad he was a great actor

Waggy the Dog
Today is a black day for cinema.

im not burlyman
R.I.P. Mr Brando

turkesa
That's really sad, I've saw it today on the news... he was an excellent actor! sad

fini
hmmmmmmm obviously all_for_orlando is OBVIOUSLY A CHILD

cause only a CHILD will be asking who MARLON BRANDO is?!?!?

Drifter101
damn another great actor of an era is gone...... RIP Marlon Brando

Stewie is God
i was on imdb and i saw it and burst into tears and called my friend and parents to tell them....my parents didnt seem 2 care that much but i couldnt hold it together....the man was a genious and sadly with all his debt and medical problems it was probably for the best sad

Myth
But he's the Godfather! Who's going to take care of me when my parents die? Bye Bye MB.

Mr Zero
I'm surprised no-one else has said this;

It's not just that Brando was a (sporadically) great actor it's that he utterly re-wrote the rule-book for movie acting. Pre brando yer hero type was all clean cut and speaking clearly, brando was a bruised looking almost feminine brute who mumbled and glowered - I don't think it's wrong to say that he almost single handedly changed what the notion of hero and leading man should be, and so - changed cinema.

Not to mention long after his debut once he'd been written off, he strolled back onto the scene with Last Tango and made a whole new generation seem forced and self conscious AGAIN.

I doubt we could name an actor who wasn't influenced by him to some extent, and he made it look effortless. Thats some legacy.

Darth Jello
i'll miss the guy, his decline in later years was especially sad.

he just settled on his private island, and became obese, coming out to act strangely on talk shows and making unsavory comments about jews (he apoligized).

It upsets me that one of the greatest actors of our time spent his twighlight years as a running joke on the critic.

pipschick
Have you seen the film Don Juan De'marco with Johnny Depp? He was in that...good film..and Johnny looked so yummy big grin

im not burlyman
roll eyes (sarcastic) ironic

Jacob_Luver
forever may he live in our hearts

moonwalker741
RIP Brando sad sad sad

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse." < one of the greatest lines in cinema history

furryman
smile Just stumbled on this:
http://film.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/Guardian/0,4029,1256568,00.html

All_For_Orlando
Marlon Brando was handesome back in the day!

Sugar Kane
I've been a huge Brando fan for a couple of years now, and I have seen a lot of his work, and although he had many iconic roles, the one that I saw first is the one that transformed me into the fan that I am. The film was not The Godfather- the film that most of our generation would associate him with, but A Streetcar Named Desire- the film that made him a star for the first time and blew audiences away. No-one had ever seen this kind of acting on the screen before, he was so realistic in his actions, the way he spoke and he had such an incredible presence. Every time Brando is on screen, you can look at no-one else. As Stanley Kowalski, he is animalistic, sensual, powerful and brutal...I could not imagine any other actor in the role. Definitely my favourite Marlon role.

I'm so sad to see him go and I cried my eyes out, even though I knew that he would be going soon. sad He embodied everything that was great about classic Hollywood cinema and he has left an incredible legacy- there is not an actor today who hasn't been influenced by the mighty Brando. May he reign forever as the best actor the world has ever or will ever see.

Did I mention how beautiful the man was back in the day? Wow! The sexiest thing I've ever seen. love

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.