THe Killers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SeptemberRain

matchbox
i think the killers are a good solid band, but nothing particully special.

i bought their album and it has a bit of a dance music beat to it!

Df02
i really like Mr Brightside....reminds me of sum1 lol embarrasment

SeptemberRain
when i first bought their album, i just thought it was ok, but i really like it alot now.

im not burlyman
Yeah they good happy
I saw them at Glasto.. I think.. confused

KMC
I'm liking Mr. Brightside- good tune. It sounds like a more more meldoic version of that "lager,lager,lager" song by Underworld.

Kate xx

Placebo_fan
Mr Brightside is a very addictive tune, i have it in my head at ,least three tims a week. *hums song to self* BLOODY HELL!

Df02
Mr Brightside is also on mtv2 every 5minutes haha

SeptemberRain
does anyone here have the album besides matchbox nad myself?

Df02
no, but ive heard it and didnt like it

SeptemberRain
I really like that album, its great

<<Solo>>
They're awesome, They are from Las Vegas, so I wouldn't be Nevadian If I did not like them.

furryman
i'm lovin' it!

<<Solo>>
YE-AH!

SeptemberRain
hell yeah Solo

tabby999
yeah they are in the limbo area in Australia at the moment, they have had one song that took off, but nothing more yet

SeptemberRain
they are having a show near my this October, I am so going

KMC
They sound so British. i was surprised to find out they were American.

Kate xx

Shadow_King
me too i was shocked to know they were from las vegas.

Fearnix
I dont like them but each to there own.

BOPRecruit 16
the first few times when i heard their hit single, somebody told me, i thought it sounded so wrong and my warped mind tweaked out and found it amusing. after a while though, the song becomes catchy and grows on me. so i kind of like it now. lol

KillTheLight
My sister got to dance with the drummer when she went to see them a few months back now. I was gutted but yeah I'm still loving them. My fave track from there album has to be 'somebody told me' though i will always love 'mr brightside' reminds me of happy times.

<<Solo>>
Mr. Brightside is the best, maybe I'll put my secret live album up for download here.

KillTheLight
OOOO please do yes

khalla
I used to like them a couple years ago but since everyone is now listening to them I'm kind of sick of them.

<<Solo>>
I've been listening to them since they were nothing, since...Club Underground.

KillTheLight
Personally I couldn't give a damn if the whole world listen to them or not.If a bands good you'll like them no matter what.

Also &lt;&lt;solo&gt;&gt; it's pretty cool u've had the opportunity to do that.

<<Solo>>
I'm trying to get the Live Killers' Album to upload so I can share it on here. But It's not working anybody know any good websites that lets yiu uploads folders up to atleast 1 Gig. Or so. Well if anyone knows any websites that lets you upload a file, I'd appreciate it if you told me.

<<Solo>>
Yeah they got there name from one of a famous british band, New Order's Video.

khalla
ya well I just don't like them that much not hard to understand

KillTheLight
nope sorry.But if you dont find one why dont u share it in a p2p site it would be easier that way.

FEDFAN316
yes i have heard of them no i hate them i think thay r weard no expression

Red Superfly
People that DON'T like The Killers have something wrong with their ears.

Seriously, I love their entire sound. Hot Fuss is such a good album.

And - in the video for "All These Things That I've Done" they REALLY do come across as British. I could swear they are walking around the streets of London or Manchester.

*Georgina_A*
I really like them, esp. Mr Brightside.

<<Solo>>
I agree with every word you said. I'm happy because I bought the new November issue of Spin, and they were talking about how The Killers are bringing back the new sounds of rock, greatest thing to happen sence Joy Division (Another one of my favorite bands, have been for years). Such and Such, maybe I'll do the exact quote later.

Afro Cheese
They are pretty good. I'm not a huge fan but my friend loves them.

Df02
i listened to Hot Fuss and was actually disappointed. not much on there that i liked, i used to like Mr Brightside but due to recent happenings i now hate it and cant actually listen to it messed

Red Superfly
You're not ANOTHER one of those "if more than two people know about this song then I don't like it anymore!" kind of people are you?

Df02
no, i used to love it... but due on part to overplaying and also because of the fact that it reminds me of sum1 i dont really wanna be reminded of haha! confused

Red Superfly
That's no real excuse. If it's overplayed it's kinda your own fault.

I don't think I have ever considerred any songs to be overplayed - mainly because I don't listen to the radio much or sit watching MTV2 for hours.

My brother sits watching all the music channels, one after another, for aaaaaaages. Say a certain "favourite" like Mr Brightside, or Take Me Out by Franz Fredinand is played, he always says "God I'm so sick of this it's so overplayed".

I always reply "get up, get out the door, and get a f*cking job"

Df02
no, i still recognise it as a good song...but i dont listen to it nemore or like it at all... just the club i go to always plays it, thats what i meant by overplayed... its only on MTV2 sporadically atm neway

Red Superfly
Oh right, then go to a different club, or cause a Mr Brightside inspired riot.

Df02
lol.... its not as if im angry that its played alot, i just go get a drink when its on or sumthing... it happens to play a really decent selection of music, just the odd thing i dont like.... same as with my reply on the Franz Ferdinand thread... they play their songs sometimes aswell, so i just go get a drink

Red Superfly
Well, you are lucky that you have a club that actually plays this kind of music at all.

In my local area, almost every bar is an identikit dance bar full of scallies. I live in RnB town. It's hell.

Df02

Red Superfly

Df02
would be wierd if we were talking bout the same place really...since town i lived in was voted worst town in UK, and most chav infested

KillTheLight
I wanted to go see them this novemeber in manchester and london but both were sold out by the time i went to book a ticket.

*Georgina_A*
I got the album a few weeks ago and couldn't stop listening to it. I love it! I will never get bored of the songs.

Oh and I didn't know they were American! blink They sound British to me embarrasment lol

Korri
i hate it

Red Superfly
You're a "lover of heavy metal".

You'll grow out of that shit someday.

Df02
thats the point, seems Indie is a very British music scene... all the bands have British influences - The Smiths, Joy Division, The Cure etc, so all comes with the Territory.
And i think 1 of the guys in the killers is actually English isnt he?

im very much into my Indie stage haha, seems to be all i listen to atm... but i still cant click with the killers

KillTheLight
lol yes

Red Superfly
The Killers imo are a cross between Stone Roses, Smiths, U2, and erm, the 80's.

It's all good.

<<Solo>>
The singer was born in Las Vegas then moved to England, then moved back to Las Vegas.

StinkFist462
that explains a lot

cermiestar
the killers... actually amazing

i loved the album, definitaly one of the best albums of the year so far, there is not a bad track on there.

Df02
no, best album of the year goes to The Eighties Matchbox B-line Disaster stick out tongue

KillTheLight
totally agree

<<Solo>>
The Killers are freaking awesomizzle!

Samurai Guy
Really good band. They played at Planet Hollywood in Niagara Falls not too long ago. Really great show.

CherryPie
I love that song they play endlessly on the radio

Somebody told me you have a boyfriend
which looks like my girlfreind that I had in february since last year
(I think thats how it goes..whatever)

HAHAHAHA! thats funny!

Samurai Guy
Breaking my back just to know your name
Seventeen tracks and I've had it with this game
I'm breaking my back just to know your name
But heaven ain't close in a place like this
Anything goes but don't blink you might miss
Cause heaven ain't close in a place like this
I said heaven ain't close in a place like this
Bring it back down, bring it back down tonight
Never thought I'd let a rumour ruin my moonlight

Well somebody told me
You had a boyfriend
Who looks like a girlfriend
That I had in February of last year
It's not confidential
I've got potential

Ready? Let's roll onto something new
Taking its toll and I'm leaving without you
Ready? Let's roll onto something new
But heaven ain't close in a place like this
Anything goes but don't blink you might miss

Cause heaven ain't close in a place like this
I said heaven ain't close in a place like this
Bring it back down, bring it back down tonight
Never thought I'd let a rumour ruin my moonlight

Well somebody told me
You had a boyfriend
It's not confidential
I've got potential
A rushin', a rushin' around

Pace yourself from me
I said maybe baby please
But I just don't know now

Somebody told me
You had a boyfriend
It's not confidential
I've got potential
A rushin', a rushin' around

CherryPie
THANX! wink

KillTheLight
You should totally get there album 'Hot fuss' if you dont have it, all the songs are excellent.

wicker_man
I like the song 'Somebody Told Me' but thats all i've heard.

<<Solo>>
"Somebody Told Me" Is nothing compared to the other stuff on their album.

Samurai Guy
True. My friend has it, I burned it onto my X-Box.

The Killers album is .... killer. embarrasment

*Georgina_A*
I love it soooo much! I lent it to my friend and she hasn't given it back yet and I really really want to listen to it sad

MornGlory
did anyone see The Killers on Conan OBrien the other night....

hmmm... they were all wearing red jackets.& black pants.. and the lead singer's pants were sort of short- you could see his white socks...

i didnt like the whole look... even though i like the whole British Rock sound

slashwristbarbi
That would be 'Born Slippy', and its a great song.

I just got Hot Fuss, and I think its fantastic. Lots of-differant-sounding songs, and theyre all really addictive. My fav has to be Mr Brightside, cos its so sad and melodic.

Sex Pistol
My fave song is Mr brightside too. Its one of my fave songs of all time. Its really nice, yet can still get you moving.

Red Superfly
The only song on the album I don't like is the last one. I always skip that one. Seems like one of those "bonus" songs you always get tacked on to the end.

Rest of the album is brilliant.

fuct_up_kid
i've only heard mr brightside and somebody told me, but they're awesome

KillTheLight
I agree the last track 'everything will be alright' is weak compared to the rest of the songs on the album.

I've also heard some of their other songs that weren't on the hot fuss(uk)album

Replacable
The Ballad of Michael Valentine
Under the Gun
Who Let You Go
Change your mind

They're all absolutely brilliant I loved them all.

Sex Pistol
I really like 'all theses things ive done.' I think everyone should go around singing 'ive got sould but im not a soldier'

KillTheLight
Have you guys seen the new video to 'Mr Brightside'I dont think it's been shown In the Uk yet casue still keep seeing the original video.
http://www.islandrecords.com/thekillers/site/musicvideo_discography.las

Ronny
faint The killers are teh bestist

i love Mr. Brightside and Brandon Flowers is so plush!! love

KillTheLight
nice siggy Ronny and yes I agree with everything you just wrote.

Ronny
thank you happy

Mr Flowers is sooo gourge in Mr. Brightside eek!

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
I agree he is really hott! my friend is in love with him

Ronny
laughing

its really hard to find pictures, i mean you put his name into google image serch and you get

FLOWERS

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
lol I know

KillTheLight
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/machinedreams/brandonkillers.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/machinedreams/brandkiller2.jpg

http://www.teenpeople.com/teenpeople/stars/tuned/0,8104,845578,00.html

^(watch the video thing) he's so pretty

Ronny
eek! oh my god that you so much love cutehug

KillTheLight
lol your welcome

<<Solo>>
I'm loving how this thread is getting more replies. The Killers are awesome.

KillTheLight
yup.

eek! Hey Ronny look Brandon Flowers with flowers eek!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/machinedreams/51871824.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/machinedreams/51871823.jpg

Ronny
droolio deargod so pretty

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
hes hott

MornGlory
yea he is hot! droolio

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
I only think hes hott in Mr.Brightside

moonwalker741
there american?.....wow

i thought they were british, the guy sounds british, well what ever

i like the song mr bright side

KillTheLight
There are loads more great songs on there album.

eek! Look at Brandon pose
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/machinedreams/51839426.jpg
eek!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/machinedreams/51754892.jpg

Df02
they sound British because he puts on a fake British accent to seem more connected to the Indie genre than they really are...seein as Indie is short for independant (as in the label) and theyre obviously just mainstream tripe stick out tongue

Ronny
Jumpy great pics

i hate that little thing people put on the picture &gt;.&lt;

KillTheLight
Df02 we get it you dont like them messed It doesnt bother me as everyones entitled to there own opinion and personally I love them I think they're great.

Ronny I hate the 'gettyimage' watermarks as much as you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/machinedreams/killers1.jpg

Ronny
im looking for pics to make a wallpaper and they get in the way laughing out loud

Df02
hates a strong word, i dont hate them at all... i just dislike their fakeness and how theyre completely overhyped for mediocre music

KillTheLight
yeah well thats in your opinion.I love there songs and as a plus they look good so thats all that matters to me I couldnt give a rats ass how over or under exposed they are as a band.

Where did I use the word Hate? blink

Ronny get someone to remove the watermarks using Photoshop.

Ronny
they can do that? eek! cool

Sex Pistol
Brandon Flowers droolio

Sex Pistol
The Killers are mint, Fit and proper rocking!

KillTheLight
The killers are performing on trl in America between 4pm-6pm today.I don't know if it's gone past that time there now,but if you did watch it let me now how it was.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/machinedreams/spin23.jpg

Libertine
I wish they would perform on trl in England.

Libertine
I wish they would perform on trl in England.

KillTheLight
disgust me too.

Alpha Centauri
"I wish they would perform on trl in England."

What the hell?

Why would you want a band you like to perform on a pop chart show?

People actually puzzle me.

-AC

Afro Cheese
Well the Killers are pop music.. I don't think anyone is denying that. Not all pop music sucks.

Df02
The Killers arent most definately pure-breed pop-music. and the vast majority of pop-music does suck

Libertine
They arent pop music they are Indie, and a lot of indie bands such as Ash have played on trl before!

Everyone says that they dont like the last song on hot fuss, i love it, its one of my faves ever!

Df02
indie stands for independant label...
im not 100% sure...but i dont think island records are independant...considering they have Christina Milian, Daniel Bedingfield, Hoobastank and few other...'artists' amongst their clientelle

so no, if im right (which im not 100% sure i am)...the Killers are not Indie, they're pop-rock with indie influences at best... but i'll stick with pop

Libertine
Why do you even bother coming on bands' threads that you dont even like. Your a bit pathetic arent ya?

Df02
because there are indie bands i do like...and i like to point out the differences between those bands, and the killers...and also franz ferdinand. but i think FF are actually indie...but they still suck

*Danii*
For fs sake, The Killers are SYNTH ROCK!!

Red Superfly
God I hate this crap talking about whats pop music and whats not. What's rock and what's not. By definition, Rolling Stones are pop music AND rock and roll. Black Sabbath, Guns and Roses, all more popular than The Killers. Who cares?

Seriously, does it matter? Call The Killers anything you want. Pop, indie, synth rock, rock synth, rock and roll, techno, techno pop, techno pop rock, pop indie, r-pop, psuedo-pop-rock, techno-pseudo-pop-rock-indie-im-a-pompous-****-rock. It's all bullshit.

I like The Killers. Bought the album, like it. They are good. I wasn't expecting the second-coming like most people do when there's a new band. I don't feel like pulling them to pieces on the fact their guitarist isn't Hendrix reincarnate.

If you don't like it, just say you don't like it, that alone is reason enough.

Alpha Centauri
"The Killers are SYNTH ROCK!!"

The Faint are Synth Rock. They are also light years better than The Killers. Not trying to diss the band, I have nothing against them but I just don't like them.

They are Pop, by their own admission.

-AC

Napalm
I hate um

Df02
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/k/killers/hot-fuss.shtml

finally, sum1 gives an honest review...not a copy and paste of what theyre sposed to say about the album

KMC
Is pop not an abbreviation of popular? And if they're in the charts, does that not mean they're popular? Hmm, thats a puzzler...

Anyways, got the album- thouroughly enjoyed it. I like they're sound. Favourite track- Mr. Brightside.
Smile Like You Mean It and Glamorous Indie Rock&Roll are good tracks too. End of.

Alpha Centauri
"Is pop not an abbreviation of popular? And if they're in the charts, does that not mean they're popular? Hmm, thats a puzzler..."

Does Gay not mean happy? Not in today's society. Just as Pop now has taken on the meaning of being a genre rather than what is actually popular.

-AC

Red Superfly
But every kind of music is pop music. If I've heard of it, I'll consider it pop music. I'm not an agent looking for unheard of bands, nor am I the ONLY person to have heard a particular band. I listen to music that is popular - how else would I be able to get hold of it. The fact it is on the shelves to buy means it's popular, The fact that a band has a record deal of some sort means they became popular, somewhere, somehow, and are now becoming more popular.

I get confused when people slag off things as being pop. Isn't everything?

DF02, that was actually a good review. I didn't agree with all of it, but I appreciated the opinion and appreciated the honesty.

I do agree that The Killers are being put on a pedestal, along with other groups that I like, such as Kasabian. I mean, I like'em, but I for one am so sick of the press hyping everything up to oblivion, especially when it gets to a stage where the band starts to believe it themselves (and who can blame them?). No wonder some are dissapointed.

And Everything Will Be Alright is actually crap. It sounds like "my first song on my little brothers toy keyboard".

Libertine
Well i think it sounds good. Look you said yourself if you dont like it you dont like it, but i am entitled to likeng something. I love that song its one of my all time faves, and i couldnt careless who doesnt agree with me.

Red Superfly
I have no problem with that, I'm not botherrred!!!

Df02
me neither, but at the same time im allowed to say what i think about them
can love em or hate them as much as you want, is the joys of having an opinion

Solo
Just got the February issue of Spin. And The Killers made the title. AWESOMENESS!

KillTheLight
yeah I know.I posted the pic of them on the cover a page back on this threadraver

Solo
Very ****ing Nice! thumb up

ladygrim
i like the killers they kewl...

Caribbean_Chick
the lead singer is cutestick out tongue and the music is catchy

Libertine
Check the NME! ****ing mint!

Solo
Yeah they're on the cover of NME too.

Libertine
I know. droolio

Solo
I just realized how awesome 'Everything Will Be Alright' is.

Lady Ellie
I like "Somebody told me", because my sister's boyfriend actually looks like a girlfriend... laughing

Punk Tiger
Somebody told me
That you had a boyfriend
That looked like a girlfriend
And I don't know this next line...

KillTheLight
I kind of think 'Everything will be alright' is weak compared to the rest of their songs erm

StinkFist462
andy your a star is prolly the only killers song i like

Imaginary
I like all of them, except for "Everything Will Be Alright." Its pretty crap compared to the others.

rockchickgem
yeah they're the only words i know lol
it gets annoyin after a while when u jst keep repeating the same words over again lol.

Libertine
Somebody told me
that you had a boyfriend
that looked like a girlfriend
that i had in February of last year
its not confidential
Ive got potential

Thats the chorus.

kalara
I LUV THE KILLERS......BRANDO FLOWERS IS SO HOT. but i love them they are a GREAT band.

StinkFist462
are they a great band because
A. they are hot
B. they make good music ?

Cid
The Killers are an awesome band!!

Imaginary
I say both. But more because they make good music.

Libertine
The reason they are a good band is because they make good music, the fact that they are good looking is just an added bonus.

Did anyone see them on the OC?

Ignite
the killers are a great group..they sound really good...mr brightside is the best.

Alpha Centauri
I don't like The Killers, but I don't like Pop so that settles it I guess (and yes they are Pop, they call themselves that.)

As for all you saying that being hot has ANYTHING to do with being a good band, stop listening to music coz you obviously don't appreciate it. Motorhead, Metallica, Sabbath, Priest and all those bands. Ugly as sin, but been around for ever coz they rule. When The Killers are wrinkly no one will like em coz all that will be left is the music and everyone will realise that it is and always has been mediocre.

-AC

Libertine
Actually i liked the killers before i even saw any of them.
Oh and by the way my favourite bands are The libertines, muse, Greenday, sex pistols, the clash, and others. so most of them dont have very nice looking people in.

Alpha Centauri
I know girls in love with Matt and Billie Joe. More girls than ever now like Muse as a result of the looks. That may be because they're big in America now though.

-AC

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>