Horror Movie of the month

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
Much like the competition going on in the movie forum, I thought it would be a cool idea to do one for horror films.

So, in this thread, freely nominate the films you'd like. In a week I will begin making a list of the films that got multiple nominations and you can vote on them.

I will try to do this every month or so. This will be for July's Horror Movie of the month.

BackFire
Anywho, I'll start. I nominate The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original)

HockeyHorror
great idea yes

i nominate 28 Days Later

DeAdLy KaRnAgE
o nnominate Dawn of the Dead

BackFire
original or the remake?

SlipknoT
I second the Texas Chainsaw Massacre(original).

Cinemaddiction
May as well 3rd the 1974 TCM.

VENOMfan
Im going with 28 days later as well

Spitback
i vote s-club 7 movie

MichaelMyerscoo
I vote Halloween

DeAdLy KaRnAgE
i change my mind Halloween

Stormeister
I vote The Sixth Sense

eggmayo
28 Days Later and TCM orig > so hard to decide!!

Evil Dead
I'm going to have to go with Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer...........

BABOON
mad Of the month? Cabin Fever Happy Dance

Cinemaddiction
Horror, not Suspense.

I'd actually vote for this before "Crappin Fever."

botankus
I think (and hope) the "movie of the month" will be easier to follow in the Horror forum. Less choices and less users. I believe they're still voting on June's movie in the Movie Discussion forum.

BackFire
It should be easy enough

Evil Dead
I can't believe nobody has seconded Henry yet.........

BackFire
I'll probably vote for that next month. I already voted for TCM, if I hadn't, I would have seconded Henry.

Stormeister
Its a horror movie wink

Dario Argento
Last House On Dead End Street

BABOON
LMAO.. coming from somebody with Ashton Kutcher in their sig... you must have great taste sick

Voorhees
I nominate Zombie by Lucio Fulci

Cinemaddiction
Taste is subjective. I'm giving my coined term "cinematically prejudical" a workout this week. embarrasment

Besides, what does taste have to do with my character or my personal presentation on a forum? Nothing.

Maybe when it comes to video stores, not on this forum, with seasoned horror movie fans.

There's no way in hell I'd put "The Sixth Sense" in the same category as "Maniac". "Dawn of the Dead", "Hellraiser", or "Dead Alive".

"The Exorcist", according to most of us here, isn't even a Horror movie.

Stormeister
Thats one mans opinion but it is indeed a horror movie wink and so is the Exorcist despite the fact that a few people on these boards think its not.

Cinemaddiction
Categorically, sure. When it comes to devout movie/horror fans, those are suspense movies.

BackFire
Sixth Sense is a suspense film with a few horror attributes. It is not a straight forward horror movie.

ragesRemorse
i vote for angel heart, but according to the above arguments about how and where to place a horror movie, you might consider angel heart a thriller/suspense/mystery. <<<<<<<<<See this is why you have to be a little leniant on how to place a horror movie

Stormeister
Again one mans opinion but it can be counted as a horror movie and there for im aloud to nominate it if I want to.

botankus
And coming from someone who had the following as one of their last few posts, your judgment will never be questioned.

Stormeister
laughing out loud

BABOON
ummm.. why do you have to go around bashing people's votes? whats the point? it didnt say best horror movie of all time... its vote for horror movie of the month... cabin fever is good for people who like some campy evil dead 2 type action... guess it wasnt directed toward mainstream audiences as much as ashton kutcher movies are... sorry i didnt realize that posting a vote was gonna cause somebody to try and flame me..blimy confused

BABOON
when did i post that? LOL

Cinemaddiction
I bashed someones vote? If I were to come out and say "Baboon, that movie sucked", that would be bashing someoens vote. Alls I am guilty of is stating that personally, there are plenty of other horror movies that I would nominate before "Cabin Fever". You're not the only fan of the movie, the movies director, or producer, so don't take it so hard.

IMO, "Cabin Fever" is a good for people who want a condensed version of "Deliverance", "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "28 Days Later", "Friday the 13th", and "Wrong Turn", sprinkled with some cliche sex scenes for credibility.

Of course, as Stormy would say, this is "one man's opinion", but strangely, I don't feel that I am alone. stick out tongue

Posting your vote didn't get you flamed, nobody flamed you. Your prejudice directed towards me is what got my attention, and the subsequent backlash. It goes without saying that you didn't see "The Butterfly Effect", or subsequently that the movie is far, far from being geared towards a mainstream audience, given the subject matter.

End of story.

Bit..nevermind.. cool

ragesRemorse
so you think wrong turn is better than cabin fever? watching wrong turn is a task that requires alot of work on the audience. If any movie rips off other horror movies, wrong turn has egg all over it's face. atleast cabin fever diddnt try to hide the fact that it was inspired heavily by the old campy genre.

BABOON
wrong turn... LOL... ok i dont need to say anything else... laughing

Cinemaddiction
Hell, no.

They are both just fantastic examples of how downhill the genre has gone. No originality whatsoever.

ragesRemorse
yeah i was surely hoping that is what you meant. You know one thing i could have said about modern horror movies was "atleast they stopped with the god damn slasher trend" I cant even say that anymore. Another exorcist, chucky. Seems there will be no end. However the future does have some hope. with Shymalan, cameron, and aronofsky having future movies in the genre, i think they will keep the horror heart pumping through this drought.

botankus
11-18-03 at 8:38

laughing out loud

Guess you took an eight month hiatus, because it's still one of your last few posts.

Hathor
All of the above are great!!!.........But did anyone see Looney Tunes Back In Action.......talk about two hours of Horror!!!

PissedOffGoalie
Sleepover...thats a TRUE horror movie for the UGLY actors!

freakinstrange
dead alive or brain dead whichever title you prefer

BackFire
Okay, this has been open for about a week. I will now make a thread in which everyone can vote for the films nominated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.