Afi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cheesemonkey13
I personally LOVE AFI. Their songs rock, and Davey's voice is so amazing. Anyone wanna say anything about them?

wicker_man
I first heard of them through there song 'Girls Not Grey' it was an excellent song and i soon brought there album 'Sing For Sorrow'...a cool band.

Killer
One of the Best Bands out right now I would have to say!
There lyrics have true meaning and are real deep.
Plus Davey is a major hottie.. but that doesn't matter much.. *drools*

BeladonnaLeBeau
A great band IMO, powerful and with a great vocal

pablo007
Their music rocks but Davey sounds like a chick.

drumsgirl13
AFI KICKS ASS! BEST BAND! my favorite song from them is "My Michelle", "Girls Not Grey" and "Leaving Song Part ll"

BackFire349
for the longest time i thought their lead singer was a woman. then i realized it was just a gay man.

Killer
dumbass

robincooper
i don't like them personly, all that music sounds samy these days!

robincooper
but there okay! smile

Killer
I look at their lyrics myself.. and i can relate to a lot of it.. which is why i personaly love em!

stinkfist462
anyone else out there like AFI???? I DO!!!!

lil bitchiness
A Fire Inside! eek!

They kick ass!!! thumb up

Killer
**** YEAH!

boxofdeath
i think they kinda suck. im not really into the crappy music, but maybe thats just me.....

Killer
yeah.... that's just you
you suck... suck hard

so who do you like?

boxofdeath
ummm that one band....that plays that good music. and they have that guy....with the hair and the voice. you know who im talking about??

Killer
oo yeah... hmmm... AFI!?
oo.. no...

no serious... just name someone so i can get a sense of who you think don't 'suck'

Killer
Another AFI thread!
*humps like mad*

boxofdeath
metallica, korn, pod, stp, pearl jam, alice in chains, 311, creed, rage, figthers of the foo, hendrix, zeppelin, pantera to name a few

Killer
*giggles to self*

*tries to walk out in peace*

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!

angel

*gracefuly leaves room*

Killer
well besides korn..

boxofdeath
not a fan of the rest of them?

Killer
well i can stand stp korn and some alice in chains

Killer
doesn't matter though

*skips around in circles with a knife*

stinkfist462
afi is SOOOO awesome.... i went to see them on my 14th birthday.... they arent too good live...... but they kick major good charolette ass!!

stinkfist462
hey i didnt know.....
<<<<<< creator of other afi thread.... lol

wicker_man
I must admit i do like AFI, their Song for Sorrow album is pretty good standard.

stinkfist462
well afi kicks soooo much ass dont they deserve two threads?

diegocala
AFI are bublegum rockers, crap!

stinkfist462
i like all hallows ep... and sing the sorrow kicks ass... i love that song....... great dissapointment.. i dont like girls not grey.. never liked from the get go....... and i dont like makeshift wings or wutever its called....... yeah everything else on that cd kix ASS!!!

diegocala
They are a good girly band, but need some balls

stinkfist462
they have more balls then you'll ever have....

Killer
i love the great disapointment smile

stinkfist462
its awesome... and i like the bonus trakc on sing the sorrow (end of the last song) this time imperfect

stinkfist462
no.. your crap!! lol jk

BackFire
combined afi threads.

stinkfist462
i could tell... i was kinda gettin confused at first....

loserib
they are all right

stinkfist462
yep... sure are...

DeAtHrOw
AfI? good band.

stinkfist462
.... its that a question as are the ya good band... or is it a statement.. .as they are a good band???

stinkfist462
AFI !!!!!

sk8stuff09
i got the album! theyr cool.

stinkfist462
very.... AFI KICKS ASS!!

loserib
is their song called my michell i cover ? becuese i know guns and roses had a song with the same tittle

stinkfist462
no but... halloween ..... is a cover of the misfits song ..... idk....

Killer
love the new vid.

stinkfist462
wut new vid ??

pipschick
smile Are there any AFI fans here? rock

stinkfist462
Sing The Sorrow .... Is My Fav yes

amlap
blawk......

AFI last two cds have nothing on Anwser That And Stay Fashionable or Proud of Ya!!! but SOS is still an ok cd... i mean i actually went out of my way to buy it on vinyl. my fav song on SOS is 7. i dont remember the name at this moment, but its the one wit the techno break down....hahah

wasnt there already an AFI thread? huh

PrefectRonnykin
I LOVE AFI

daveys sexy

i like SOS i need to get it *cry*

stinkfist462
i think there was a AFI thread ..
but im too poor and lazy to get the other AFI cd's ..

amlap
well if you like more of a punk sound you will not de disappointed

stinkfist462
yeah .. i will eventually buy them ..

amlap
good deal thumb up

stinkfist462
yes

pipschick
There probably is another AFI board, but i didn't bother to look, i'm lazy ya see laughing out loud

Sing the sorrow is my fav too big grin

SAtown_punk
Yes, there is one, but who cares? I love AFI as well, and StS was a great album! but amlap is right...it has nothing on "Very Proud Of Ya" or "Answer That and Stay Fashionable" or even "Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes". The other two albums were great as well, but they were a little more dark than the previous three. Great band.

amlap
i miss the days when they palyed on stage with shorts and tshirts... now it seems that they are not only making a musical statement but a fashion one as well... leave the fashion to hillfigure(SP?)

wait this is the second AFI thread im reading today....weird confused

SAtown_punk
oh well...Davey decided to turn quasi-goth and sing about pain...

N.Tonks
Black Sails In The Sunset is the best AFI cd-ever!

Davy, Hunter, Adam, and Jade Rock! rock

amlap
black sails is a good album..i love the intro...

total metalhead
there good yes

not the best, but they definitely hold their own in a generally strong genre.

SAtown_punk
I like the new intro better. It sounds more like what they are playing now. It's so creepy.

arghhh_matey
AFI are really good. Their sound is like rockish but they have a soft side too. My fav song is silver n cold

PrefectRonnykin
you avvy is truly scaring me

SAtown_punk
lol...I don't like Mushroomhead because they wear all that crap. That's the same reason I despised Slipknot, and Mudvayne.

amlap
hahaha i thought that sig was slipknot laughing out loud

lttle evil one
I like AfI but i really like my slipknot! eek! well, i like a lot of music

SAtown_punk
not me. Slipknot can suck my ass, along with Stone Sour.

Sigillum_Diaboli
stone sour is wayy better than slip .. but i respect slip ..
AFI is awesome !

SAtown_punk
Don't like either. But yes, AFI is awesome.

Sigillum_Diaboli
yes

pipschick
AFI are amazing smile

Sir Bob III
ROCK ON who like AFI

Evil Dead
I used to..........

I havn't really checked out any of their newer music. I have seen a video or two on MTV2.....and it seems at though they've lost a little bit of their edge over the years. I will most likely purchase a newer cd here in the next month or so and give it a whirl to form a better opinion of the music they play now.

Sir Bob III
rolling on floor laughing

Sir Bob III
do you like cold ed? can i call you ed i think thats a funny name

Evil Dead
No....I'm not a fan of Cold. I've only heard a couple of songs and they were kind of slow and whiny for my taste. I like my music like I like my sex........fast and hard.

You think ed is a funny name to call me..........on another message board I've frequented for the past 3 1/2 years my nickname is Jed.......my user name is Evil Dead there but over the years it just kind of evolved into Jed.

Jeff_Atello
I lvoe AFI. I prefer the older, more edgier stuff, but their newest album sure as hell isn't horrible.

VilleValo462
i like new AFI ..... and old AFI ... i jus like AFI ..

burlyman
laughing out loud

yes

VilleValo462
wink

burlyman
naughty

VilleValo462
no expression

burlyman
renske

VilleValo462
sleep

Jeff_Atello
wow...smileys are fun, huh? I like AFI a lot, but it sucks that they cancelled the tour right before they came here. Oh well, I guess it's better than Davey losing his voice.

VilleValo462
i guess so .. confused

Sir Bob III
All my friends think im crazy for this but every time i listen to this song i feel really hot, im pretty sure its Daveys voice when he does that "ooh" thing but im not sure. *OMG i love davey havok big grin hes soooo hot!* His vioce is the sexiest voice in all music But my friends think he sounds like a fcukin girl! Damn them!! riiiight wadda you think bunny

total metalhead
he doesnt sound like a chick at all huh

VilleValo462
no ... he is one of my fav singers .. and this time imperfect is like my 3rd fav AFI song

Sir Bob III
I KNOW they must DIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE he sounds like a guy an extreamly hot guy my friends are morons

Sir Bob III
HI STINKY flowers

VilleValo462
wink

hello there

Sir Bob III
teehee

VilleValo462
cool

BadBabe
*looks at ground and blushes**hug*

VilleValo462
*hug*

anyways ..

AFI rock

burlyman
you changed your name again blink

BadBabe
yes i did

i love your sig

VilleValo462
the worst AFI ( new ) song that i think is ... Girls Not Grey

Jeff_Atello
Great. 'Nuff said.

BadBabe
happy just what i was going to say oh smart one

seeeeeeee v siggy love daveylove

VilleValo462
laughing out loud

BadBabe
AA YOUR ON! hi

Jeff_Atello
what the hell?

BadBabe
hell is warm... i heard maybe i said that twice god has blessed me

VilleValo462
laughing out loud

BadBabe
laughing out loud

Jeff_Atello
Yes, they did a cover of Guns & Roses "My Michelle" and it was a great one.

lil bitchiness
OK, I had to bring this back! AFI are so amazing, Im listening to 'Silver and Cold' right now..absolutely amazing love

Izam
haha. ask me any question about AFI and I'll probably be able to answer. They call me 'miss havok' at my school. And I LOVE Silver and cold. Love Love Love. I have an AFI poster on my ceiling, so when I wake up in the morning the first thing I see is Davey. That's why I am always so eager to get up. and if you don't like AFI, you stink.

Izam
and of course silver and cold is amazing, It's AFI!

lil bitchiness
They are so awesome...im listening to Glassjaw now, but its AFI, right after! love

Izam
what's glassjaw? never heard of them... what genre of music?

lil bitchiness
They are EMO. Its hardcore EMO music...they are very good!

Izam
and now.... It is silver and silent. It is silver and cold. You in somber resplendance; I hold...
That would be what is stuck in my head right now. Is there anybody else who is a member of 5c around here? just wondering...

Izam
Emo... hm. My sister classifies AFI as angsty emo. She's nuts. If you read fanfiction, she's known as Attizzikah. (Sp?)

SnakeEyes
BUMP

AFI is going to be back with a new album on the 6th of June.

I might get it... right now I'm undecided.

_MCR_Addiction_
YAY! AFI rocks! rock Daveys Voice=Amazing! Their mUsic=One Of A Kind (to me anyways)

papabeard
The dimensions of Davey Havok's face are slightly unsettling.

SnakeEyes
I've heard the new album "December Underground" and I think it's pretty good.

I would probably give it a 7 or 8 out of 10.

They don't really attempt anything new, but overall, it's a solid CD.

Alley
They ARE the greatest!

tabby999
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
They are EMO. Its hardcore EMO music...they are very good!

my word, Worship and Tribute is a classic.

i love AFI too, i know their new album has been panned as too simple for them but i still think its brilliant. its a pitty their older stuff costs so much, or i'd buy that too. i was heartbroken when they pulled out of Big Day Out last year, i bought the ticket the moment i heard they were playing then they bailed...

RedAlertv2
I had the same problem. At Warped this year they played the day before I went and the day after, but skipped my location.

tabby999
sucks ass huh. in Aus with the big day out they have a tendency to drop big name artists before they go to SA and WA, some really big names have stopped after the east coast, i'd be hell pissed off if i waited so long for a band to play and they bail on the last two dates

ilvorlandobloom
i love the new album! i love "Summer Shudder"

SelphieT
been trying to learn Miss Murder on mah bass. Its not very hard, but kind of

souvinir
little known fact

AFI first started getting doing gigs as a misfits cover band

SelphieT
here's a fact:

Lead sing Davey Havok likes to get his eyebrows waxed and getting his nails done

beLIEve
I love AFI...They were at my warped tour date and they were awesome! I think I might be going to their concert next week. They are really good!

darth_dracus
Afi is a really good band but there older stuff like the album proud of ya thats there good stuff.

Jim Reaper
"shut your mouth and open your eyes, & very proud of ya," are awesome albums... Their new stuff isn't for me though.

SelphieT
I just saw them in concert last night! It was a-m-a-z-i-n-g! I'll post up pics whenever I can! yes

Mr. Bacon
i cant stand AFI

Imaginary
Me neither. My whole school is going nuts over them... it's rather sad.

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by Imaginary
Me neither. My whole school is going nuts over them... it's rather sad. Good logic. Dont listen to them because theyre popular

SelphieT
I've been listening to them since I was in elementary school. I'm a sophmore now. They've been around for A LONG TIME, and they weren't always the way they are now. They were more hardcore back then. Now they are just going along with whats popular erm

Here are some pics from the other night I saw them smile
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i219/LizofLincoln/Lizsdigicampics125.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i219/LizofLincoln/Lizsdigicampics136.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i219/LizofLincoln/Lizsdigicampics137.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i219/LizofLincoln/Lizsdigicampics126.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i219/LizofLincoln/Lizsdigicampics132.jpg

Imaginary
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Good logic. Dont listen to them because theyre popular

That's a rather unfair statement. You don't even know me.

I heard them, I thought they were crap. A couple of months later, everyone is going crazy over a crappy band erm

Now tell me how, in that situation, do I give you the impression that I'm non-conforming for the sake of non-conforming?

The Core
I think Ms. Havoc has finally answered the gay/straight question with those lace gloves.

RedAlertv2

Now tell me how, in that situation, do I give you the impression that I'm non-conforming for the sake of non-conforming? The fact that you mentioned their popularity at all, as if its actually important in judging a band.

SelphieT
Originally posted by The Core
I think Ms. Havoc has finally answered the gay/straight question with those lace gloves.

He gets his eyebrows waxed, and gets his nails done yes

Imaginary
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
The fact that you mentioned their popularity at all, as if its actually important in judging a band.

I don't judge a band by their popularity but I don't see the harm in mentioning it erm

RedAlertv2
I don't judge a band by their popularity but I don't see the harm in mentioning it erm Well then I misunderstood you and I apologize

barbarossa
Their newer material sucks, for the most part.

yaujta King
Do u think AFI is a good rock band????I do!!

el_barto
I don't. Their singer's voice is annoying, I really hate his haircut, all they are is glam rock for a new era. Their songs aren't very good either.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>