What do you think happens when you die and why are we here?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Natch
Hi i,m Natch and i,m new to this forums.What do you think happens when you die and why are we here?i,m scared of dying because i dont know what is going to happen.

Hit"Em"Up
death dont scare me actually.

seriously when people die i kinda believe in reincarnation.

just because one body is deceased dosent mean the actuall soul is.

§pearhead
We're here because we were born erm I'm not sure there's much more beyond that.

And after death? Who knows messed I'd like to believe there's a form of life-after-death

Natch
]

I hope there is aform of life after death and its not all dark and super natural and scary.

im not burlyman
death is only sad to those affected by it and not the dead smokin'

The Omega

RagingSilent
i kinda belive in reincarnation....to become anothers form...

and as for why we're here....i have no idea...perhaps just to live life, to experience emotions: pain, suffering, joy, love. Or perhaps reproduction, we live to create another....perhaps that is our purpose...

shaber
Hopefully there is life after death rather than nothing

im not burlyman
if there's life ater death, was there life before this? wink

im not burlyman
inclined to agree

shaber
you tell them jezebelle

im not burlyman
you can only call me that after 2 pints no expression

ragesRemorse
energy is constant. energy never ceases to stop, if there is one sure thing in this existence it is the certainty of change, there will always be change, we will forever be constant changing energy, death is a change. as to what exactly happens no one can ever know until we die, we all have our beliefs and hopes,but no one can ever know untill our time comes, personally i believe in a God and jesus christ as my savior

frodo_dude
I believe there's life after death, as a soul, like heaven or hell

im not burlyman
we are just a machine with feeling dammit stick out tongue

BackFire
What happens when we die? We become worm food.

Cyclops
I think you meant 'Worm,' BackFire. wink

When you die, you are dead. No more living. With everything we are being spoonfed about heaven and hell, it is possible that you mind could create a 'paradise' or a 'eternal damnation' with the time it has left.

But... nothing. When you die... you are dead.

BackFire
You are correct sir.

big gay kirk
When we die first time, the Goddess Hel judges us, and rewards us with three times the good and evil we have done on this world... then we go to our proper place... Valhalla for the brave and noble, Thrudsheim for the worker, and so on... the evil and cowardly stay with Hel... then we all get to fight at the Ragnarok, and die again... what happens after that even Odin cannot see....

shaber
Odin sacrificed one eye for nothing then sad

Anyhow, supposing this space is all there is, it could be possible for consciousness to survive without the body.

greenfreak1402
Energy can't be destroyed only transfered so the possibility of reincarnation is very possible
and that is why we are here because the energy- life force/soul watever u call it has been transfered to another shell(Body)

Alpha Centauri
"This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality. Embrace this moment, remember; We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion."

From "Parabola" by Tool.

Sums up my view of life. We are all one mind. As for after we die, I believe our souls are merely living again in another body. The power of that mind depends how much of our old memories we can access. They say for every death there's a birth and people say they have memories of past lives. What if you died and the body you inhabited after your death, was the body of someone who had thoughts of a past life which happened to be yours?

Living and dying is too simple to be true. It's more plausible to believe there is something after Death than it is to deny there is anything.

-AC

bloodie_fine
i do believe that in every human body.. there's a soul.. reincarnation is possible but remembering who you are in the past is quite impossible...

Alpha Centauri
"remembering who you are in the past is quite impossible..."

You know this how? Been reincarnated? No I didn't think so.

-AC

bardock
i belive in heaven and people have souls.

Linkalicious
My sentiments exactly!

Mr Parker
THATS PRETTY MUCH WHAT I BELIEVE AS WELL.

Linkalicious
so what do all you nut jobs....yes NUT JOBS who believe in reincarnation think they will come back as?

The world's smartest butterfly??? confused

Animals aren't smart, plants don't have souls, and other humans have no recollection of a previous life.

What the hell is a soul anyways? it can't be seen, touched, or heard. It doesn't exsist, drop your bibles, there is no heaven, there is no hell. That's right i said it....religion is a crock. Smite me all mighty smiter.

When you get knocked out, you don't dream....it's black. Blacking out or getting knocked out...is what it feels like to die. You don't feel anything, you don't see anything....it's just blackness.

WindDancer
We as humans can't even understand life. How can we posibly understand death? Why worry about death so much? When it comes it comes and that's it is over.

Magee
I'm not sure what i beleive but i am sure that it will not be blackness, an eternity of it, i seriously doubt that.

bardock
link, how many times have you died before?

DenKi
So when u say its just darkness, what will we feel? its day forever and ever?? all we see is dark?

I think that wouldnt be very nice

blackwidowlover
"energy cannot be created nor destroied"Albert Einstine: human beings have a great sourse of energy flowing throught our bodies 24/7 it's the electric impulse that tells our brain to move our had away from a hot stove. if energy can not be destroied where does it go when we die. It has to go somewhere.

blackwidowlover
in other words
our energy could very well be our soul
that goes on for ever and ever

Elektra_lover
I belive that when we die we just walk the face of the earth unaware that we are dead.

Alpha Centauri
"and other humans have no recollection of a previous life."

So just because you and many others, have no recollection of a past life, that gives you the authority and omnipotency to speak for the billions that exist on our planet? I doubt it. There is no way you can confirm or deny that nothing exists beyond death, purely because you haven't been there. Me? Personally? Death comes closer every second, I'd rather look into the possibilities of there being something rather than endless nothingness, but that's me.

"It's possible that when we die we are just dead. But isn't it a bit.....well silly? Considering no one on Earth has any possible experience of what lies after we die, I find it more sensible to acknowledge there may be something rather than deny all existance of anything more.

"We'll ride the spiral to the end...."

From "Lateralus" by Tool.

The intended irony being that there is no end to a spiral. Goes on and on and on, as Black Widow mentioned about out souls going on and on and on. That's why I agree with Bill Hicks's theory on us all being one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. Or something around that area. Because it ties in with what I said before about the death for a life theory and that some people having memories of past lives. Who is to say that memory isn't real and it is just the bonding of a soul with someone who has become one with them?

I have a theory I will share with you. You often read about kids who are like mathematical prodigies at early ages or kids that can memorise the world map within a glance at early ages. Babies as old as 4-5 that can play piano with amazing competence. There is no explanation for it so it seems. I believe this is yet another piece of the puzzle leading to the completed picture of us being all one. Or at the very least, recycled souls if you will. Say if the death for a life theory is relatively accurate and a musical genius dies. His/her soul may ends up in the body of a young baby. Then suppose the connection made between the new baby and it's newly bonded past soul, isn't memories, but knowledge of abilities? Think about it. Just take it into your mind and think about it.

-AC

Linkalicious
i've talked to a girl that was flat lined for 4 minutes. She doesn't remember ANYTHING. Your brain ceases to function, therefore you do not dream, you do not imagine stuff, you don't see anything, you don't feel anything.

Once your main sensory organ gets shut off.....it's over.

Alpha Centauri
"i've talked to a girl that was flat lined for 4 minutes. She doesn't remember ANYTHING. Your brain ceases to function, therefore you do not dream, you do not imagine stuff, you don't see anything, you don't feel anything.

Once your main sensory organ gets shut off.....it's over."

So that one case overrides all the other billions of us? I somehow doubt that. If you're flatlined for four minutes chances are you're gonna die. I think you're lying and you haven't talked to anyone of the sort. Regardless, that's her. She isn't one person who has toured the afterlife and back or she'd be a scientific and spiritual miracle.

A tongue could be considered a main SENSORY organ. Learn science.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.