Lie Detector Test

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HockeyHorror

i always wondered this...since lie detector tests are proven right "96%" of the time....

can plants tell the truth also? i read somwhere on the net a while back that scientists were workin on an experiment for this.

anyone have any thoughts??

theReject
Plants???? They don't have pulses. How would a lie detector test work?
messed

Darth Revan
It's not true that polygram tests are "96% correct". They're based on the person's rate of breath, how tense their muscles are, whether they're sweating or hyperventilating, etc... Most people can be taught to control them in a matter of minutes.

HockeyHorror
hmmmm

ima check on this more...

Forcizzle
did you say plants? blink that's strange

theReject
yes

HockeyHorror
they ARE living things...

theReject
Yes but they don't have eyes or blood pressure or pulses or other things like that...do they?

HockeyHorror
yea but they have guard cells and stomatas and some plants even have both sexual organs...

maybe all those can function differently from other organisms.

Dexx
not quite a metter of minutes, but yes...you can be taught to overcome those symptoms

theReject
Well tell me this...what would plants have to lie about ? huh?

Forcizzle
not lie about, i think he means tell a story, i guess

theReject
telling a story...lying....same thing

HockeyHorror
for instince in a matter of hypotetically speaking...we leave a plant in a scene of a murder (acting out but plant doesn't know shifty laughing out loud )

so the murder is done and somehow scientists have created a lie detector machine for plants...so...we ask the plant who killed the bastard...and heshe will answer laughing out loud

theReject
laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

HockeyHorror
or maybe you walk up to the plant and say

YO *****, TELL ME OR ILL CUT UR STOMATAS OPEN AND LEAVE U ROOTLESS!

we'll see what the plant will do laughing out loud

theReject
laughing laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

...actually now that I think about it...this lie detector thing is making more sense no expression

HockeyHorror
no expression

laughing out loud

theReject
laughing

HockeyHorror

theReject
laughing

but seriously...I can see these scientist justification of such an experiment. You could find the plant at a murder scene...lol....anyway and then you could say certain words to it and see if its stats change.

err right???
confused

HockeyHorror
ummm i give them 20 years to figure this out...but they would have to work 20 hours a day laughing out loud

theReject
laughing laughing out loud

HockeyHorror
ur avatar is the first creature to step on land.^

theReject
Really? What is it? confused

HockeyHorror
i have no idea LOL

but my last post came out of my ass. yes

theReject
laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

I want : beer

HockeyHorror
i want cheese!! :cheese:

theReject
OH MY! So do I!

I'm going to go get some....
I wish I could have French cheese....do you think it's better than regular cheese?

HockeyHorror
i like Mozarella best!

alright i g2g

good night guyz!!!

theReject
OO yum
Good night

im burlyman
This thread is really on Topic for the GDF. stick out tongue laughing out loud

Darth Revan
I'd say no, because plants don't have free movement like animals do... Yes, they respond to stress, but only over time. ie if you stop watering a houseplant, it won't respond instantly...

HockeyHorror
true^

yet...anything is possible...

ladygrim
i think lie dectors are really really stupid .. they are meant to watsit if your lieing cuz ur heart beat quickens ... but being strapped to a machine is generally gonna make u neveous ....

Darth Revan
Thing is, plants don't have brains. So they can't very well be watching a murder and remember what happened there...

ladygrim
very very true ...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.