Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anywien
I just had to take it upon myself to do this....Would you prefer having a 100 x 100 avatar over the 64 x 64? Please vote. eek!

Clovie
or at last 80x80 cry

Vampy
i want to have a pony eek!

big avvys only availble for mods, raz, people who find weird loopholes and.... Lance? blink

yerssot
djee, boys with toys, if mods didn't had it, you wouldn't even ask it roll eyes (sarcastic)

and lance has it (just like juliebug) cause when they were mod, they uploaded the avatar of 100x100 and when they got demodded they haven't changed their avatars yet

Vampy
lance was a mod? god i always miss stuff miffed

Evy_O
I disagree, what does it have to do with mods having it? It's a bigger picture, more possibilities, nicer, therefore people like it, I don't think it's some sort of irrational jealousy towards mod advantages.

yerssot
he did episode III before he did the big moving trick wink

evy> (oh great, I'm taking it over from TO now) then how do you explain that there were NEVER "complaints" about having bigger avatars before the mods got it?

Anywien
I never complained. Heh. I didn't even know that only mods could get it. I just joined this place and got peed off that I couldn't use my 100 x 100 Domo-Kun avy I use on my other forums sad If I shrink it he looks stupid. And then you can't see the rockin' bunny he lives with. sad Where's the fun in Domo-Kun without the rockin' bunny?

yerssot
in the idea that they are seperated wink

Evy_O
Anywien>I agree, I'd like a bigger avvy too happy

they just didn't know it was possible to have bigger avatars, or hadn't thought of it

at another messageboard, members could use glow tags at user names, I'm sure if someone had it here (even if they weren't a mod), people would start craving it. Why not before? Cause it wasn't possible/hadn't crossed their minds

yerssot
actually, we did had glow tags before, tehy just returned 'recently'...

and you can always ask, I mean, .....technically everything is possible, you can ask if it's possible to have after "registered" and "location" to include ... oh lets say... a moodbox
it's not there now, but it can be created too

Evy_O
no, I meant user name glow tags, not at posts' text

yeah sure you can ask, I just don't think they do ask, that's why they don't know... I don't think it's cause mod have it, at least not for the majority

yerssot
well, simply ask raz and he can say if it can be done wink

that's the point, no? they don't ask but when they see someone else have it, they want it too
if they just ask, you can always receive messed

Evy_O
imho it looks silly stick out tongue

yeah, but that's not cause they are jealous, but because it gave them they idea
really? *cough formalannouncementit'sbondthread cough* ninja

yerssot
see, then plenty of people will like it wink

I... don't follow that last part

Evy_O
it'll ruin the image raver

go to that thread and you'll see...

Clovie
what is mood-box?

yerssot
but what am I supposed to see? blink

nothing big, clovie, just that I suggested once to raz to have a "mood-box" where you can write down how you feel at the moment so that some reactions can be explained cause you were unhappy or something
just wrote it to point out that things can always get included

Anywien
I wanna know the same thing. What's mood-box. Is it fun? I want one if it is.

Evy_O
... I wanted this to stay tactfull
umm, just nvm, don't wanna say it in public messed

Clovie
aww....tx yerss, got it smile
i think it is quite good idea... yes

yerssot
PM me evy eek!

Evy_O
no need to eek!

yerssot
you got it dude!

LilKitty
Its up to Raz, however, he would still think of something to distinguish moderators from other members, i think.

If everyone got 100x100 we'd probably get 200x200 avvys or something, then people would complain again stick out tongue

TOH
I don't know if it is possible here but in some forums moderators have 2 avatars (one saying mod team or admin team) and the other avvy just like the ones we use here.... confused

Ellen
i want 100x100 pixels

im burlyman
cool That's a good idea.

im not burlyman
yeah i've seen that
and different ones for different modding groups - eg. official site admin/mods, mods that just close/pin, etc..

LilKitty
Mike and Jez you two are so confusing! blink with the sigs and the names!!!!

Also, I dont know what the two avatar thing looks like. blink

silver_tears
Damn you burlymans are confusing no expression

And I agree with Evy, it's not a matter of jealousy, it's just some pictures look downright silly, not to mention unreadable when they are that small, and most avatar sites for example have them all sized at 100x100 anyways and when you re-size them they look odd.

TOH
Take a look big grin

yerssot
then some will complain that they don't have a shiney bar saying "member" wink

JKozzy
HEY! WHERE'S MY SHINY BAR SAYING 'MEMBER'??? mad

yerssot
see, there ya have some dude alreadystick out tongue

LilKitty
Alrighty, i see big grin

Im persuming that one is yours wink

TOH
Ok I have a suggestion: Give 100 x 100 avatar to everyone but yerssot, how about? wink laughing out loud

TOH
No... embarrasment

yerssot
how about they don't give 100x100 to anyone who isn't a mod eek!

LilKitty
stick out tongue

TOH
I hate to say that but... mad

GOOD IDEA!!! eek! laughing out loud

Dexx
ofcourse i'd want bigger avvies.....but from the mod's point of view...i'd want it only for myself also big grin

im not burlyman
I want circles. Why cant we have circles?

im burlyman
i want pentagons. why cant we have pentagons?

Kaleanae
I want a bigger avatar sad

yerssot
and I want to marry raz his daughter, but you don't see me complaining stick out tongue

§pearhead
Sure, I'd like one, but it comes to the point where I really don't care either way erm

Clovie
ok. i don't mind mods having bigger avvys. but couldn't we be allowed to have dunno 80x80? it would look better and still be a lil bit smaller...
it of coz don't solve resizing problem, but.. confused they will be at last looking better

Anywien
Anything bigger than 75 x 75 is fine.

Vampy
i propose 76.1514 x 76.1514 eek!

Anywien
Instead of having diff sized avies to distinguish, why not just have a little bit underneath the avy stating what authority that person has? Like this.

BadKitty
we already did that...it didn't work out.

Anywien
Why not.

Vampy
probably some newbies were whining about not having a shiny 'administrator' sign under their name.

... urgh.. i DID remember what was it about... stupid memory

im not burlyman
people were posting loads of crap to get more dots erm

yerssot
not really... y'know... that still happens stick out tongue

if that dot system is wanted, I suggest moving back to the earlier times when you only got a new rank if the admin agreed with it

Anywien
Works for me.

Dexx
yeah, that'd be ok...though i don't know why you chaps want any form of ranking system.

and i don't know what the babbling about circles and pentagons is..because i bloody want triangles stick out tongue

Anywien
I want Pentagrams. Or love hearts. No! The Freemason symbol!

yerssot
is this still on topic? stick out tongue

§pearhead
In all honesty I could care less about the size...I'd rather have avatar memory bumped up to 15k or something messed

Dexx
ofcourse...who could possibly not want triangles

im not burlyman
I'd prefer circles. And a stretch limo to pick me up tonight filled with gorgeus women.

yerssot
as long as they aren't pink, dexx wink

All_For_Orlando
SO. Whats the decision on the avatars? Id really like it to be 100x100 because i just started creating my own avvy's today and you can barely see their faces when its 64x64.

Raz
If you pay yerssot a small fee, you can have a large avatar...

Sounds fair, right? wink

Sauron
How much is a small fee?

Raz
Umm...dunno how much he charges...

Sauron
Bigger avatars would mean i the bit to the left of the post is pointlessly bigger, Im all for the circle idea wink

All_For_Orlando
Darn! sad See my leggy avvy?? Its smaller than crap, but oh well Ill live!

dave123
the left bar is above 150 pixels anyway

yerssot
AFO... don't keep the ratio aspect then, then it's bigger wink

el_barto
I want 100 X 100 avatars!

yerssot
nice to know!

furryman
Circles sad

silver_tears
roll eyes (sarcastic)

dave123
i don't think it's possible to have avatars limited to circles stick out tongue but you can make circle avatars

yerssot
partypooper

dave123
holiday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.