would you count people you talk to on the internet as "friends"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nirvana37365
Do you count people you talk to on the net as your friends. My friend does whch is fair enough but she doesn't really know who they are i mean can you trust everyone?what do you think?

Clovie
1st ppl with whom i talked on the net were my real friends from my real life. happy

but i think you can get to know ppl from the net quite good if you talk with them during few moths on almost everyday confused

m!$hA
i love all my friends on kmc yes and i trust them all...tho there are some people who im not too sure of erm
but yes i do count kmcans as friends!

Nirvana37365
think that is quite true but would you trust them as much as your real friends?

Anywien
Yeah. I call people I know well on the internet friends, but only if I've talked to them a lot, or on the phone, or seen them on webcam or something that proves they are who they say they are.

Devalion
Yea, once you've learned a few facts about them.

Nirvana37365
like this is just an extreme example erm would you invite them into town with you?

Clovie
how could you know you can trust "real" ppl? What the f**k?
it is the same. it doesn't not matter if you trust in life or in the net.
and can alsways be cheated and hurted.
it is life.

Devalion
Probably not.

Nirvana37365
yeh i mean like someone you've known since you were a tot and someone on the net do you give them the same amount of trust?

Nirvana37365
i dont understand why parents are so hard on the net its like dont meet with anyone dont give out your phone number i think my dad was setting a real good example for me when he met a woman off the net, just because hes older doesnt mean mean that the dangers are different

Nirvana37365
and i was being sarcastic by the way!

ClaraG
yes the girls i talk to online r great buddies!

Anywien
I would definately take somebody out to the mall if I considered them as a friend online.

Discos
I do, I know most people on the lord of the ring forum and talk to them on MSN as well,

a question arised with the guy "sauron" who I told I put my hand in a sink and un-clogged my friends sickness, Sauron/Chris then asked me if I would of done the same for him and I replied "yeah sure"

Discos - we ride together, we die together.....Friends for life blink

im burlyman
I turst everyone I put on MSN list. Sometimes I wonder if that isn't a bad thing. stick out tongue

Anywien
You'd probably be easy prey for paedophiles.

Anoushka
eek!
in that case Jez,will you go out to town with me?happywhistle

people like Milla,Sam,Jez,Irene,VA,Kevin...
these are people whom i'd trust my life with if i had to yessmile

im burlyman
Oh no! eek!

Agent Elrond
I have more friends online then in RL

m!$hA
*cough* me and frost r talkin bout meetin up in the city!!!

my opp. is that if yav seen more than 1 piccie of sume1 then theres more 2 trust!

SeptemberRain
I have a lot of friends on KMC, not as many as in RL tho

Ellen
yes

JToTheP
Certain ones, like the ones I've known for months, and have lately been exchanging hardships with, yes, those are REAL friends internet or not.

Dark Vengeance
Yes I consider them friends

All_For_Orlando
I most definatly consider ppl i get to know on the net as friends, especially my bloom girls stick out tongue

Anoushka
eek!
hiya my dear friend love

All_For_Orlando
aww big grin

R@ven
15/0 big grin

Anoushka
laughinglaughing out loud

and may i say,that gentleman in you sig,he is absolutely delicious droolioshiftylove

All_For_Orlando
I saw that! Thats good. big grin

LilKitty
Sure I do! happy

I lover Irene and VA and Spence and Jeremy and few others.

My sweet swet BadKitty is not only my friend, shes like my older sister! happy

Flavio
i count them as friends, but its like i have 2 lists, one of real life and other for net friends, i dun mix them big grin

LindsIsSexyK
Of course I would count them as friends - think about how much time you spend with them daily. In fact I probly spend more time with some of my online friends then I do with some of my friends from the outside world.

Well if I'm not working anyways..................

§pearhead
Well, they're other people, and I'm friendly with them, so I'd consider them friends confused

Forcizzle
yeah i have to say there friends

Dr. Gonzo
They are friends to me.

Df02
not really, friends but not really close friends.....

Silver Stardust
I'd definitely count people I know online as friends, and some of them are very close friends of mine. I've met several of my online friends in the past, too, and I plan on meeting some more of them yes

Mr Zero
If I ever count anyone I know online a friend it's because I have lost my mind and am typing messages medicated up the wazzoo in an institution.

If you think you have the same "friendship" with people you chat to/with online as the people you know in the flesh then all I can say is i doubt you have any true friends. Friendship - like love - takes effort and commitment - and is not about typing "LOL" and heart smileys every few days.

Silver Stardust
Yes, but if you talk to someone online for up to hours at a time, wouldn't you consider that effort and commitment? I do.

Mr Zero
Sitting on your ass typing is not talking. It takes little effort to switch on a PC and you can put an Internet "friend" on hold whenever you like.

I'm not saying that i think online communication is pointless or without it's place - just that without face to face interaction it's too easy, and thus has much less value.

Discos
you can talk to people on the net more openly really

Silver Stardust
Yeah, like I'm really shy and find it hard to talk to people IRL. But online it's easier for me to talk to people.

Smiling_Sadly
well i do, when i get to no them after amonth or so, like all the ppl on my sig are my friends and aalot of ppl on msn are my friends...so its great!

RagingSilent
i agree with smiling sadlyyes...(hey im in ur sig^eek! )thumb upbig grin
if i know people online for a certain amount of time, say about a month, then i would consider them my friends....however if i knew them for a week....prolly noteek!...cuz i wouldnt know them well enough...

Smiling_Sadly
yes i agree with me as well, and yes u are arnt u! i havnt talked to u in forever! welp, yea!

RagingSilent
big grinbunny....forever indeedilybig grin.....how r u?smile

Smiling_Sadly
im great, ive got a bit of a sunburn but im kool! u can start calling me cancer kid from all this sun im soaking up! how are u?

RagingSilent
lol!Happy Dance...
um.im ok, kinda sick at the moment..one eye so i cant do much...no expression heh..

Smiling_Sadly
aaaaaaaaawwwwwwww im sowwie, i wish i could sulk with u about it, but i really have to get some sleep! u get better, NOW! *poof sickness goes away*

DyingDr3am3r
people on the internet are NOT friends to me. thats just weird. It could be one of those stalker rapist people. or just some old guy that has no friends pretending to be someone else.

RagingSilent
smiling>>>ok...well..have a good sleepbig grin..and thanku for curing my sicknesseek!...heh....

DyingDr3am3r
my back hurts but im not really tired. its 4am right now. i might as well stay up for a few more hours.

Clovie
i've been thinking about this all confused
and ikt is true that online-relationships need less comitment, you can always go away from the comp, and no1 has to know.

but first ppl with who i talked online were my friends from real life... and to be honest i prefer to chat with ppl i know *shrugs*
internet helps to commuticate with some friends of mine, who i haven't seen for (dunno) 3,4 years, coz they live in different city. and it is easier to meet online then in RL sometimes.
it takes less effort, you can chat and learn, eat, anything.

and the most important thing is that the ppl you meet online are not less real than ppl you meet in RL.

RagingSilent
i do agree with u on this pointyes..
im always very ominous of ppl whom i meet on the net, so i dont give out personal info.....

RagingSilent
Originally posted by Clovie
i've been thinking about this all confused
and ikt is true that online-relationships need less comitment, you can always go away from the comp, and no1 has to know.

true true.....then again, it depends on how serious the net relationship is and how you feel about the person..if sumone had a serious net relationship..then they would not be wonderin off with other ppl in teh real world......
or..u cud just b a b@stard and cheat on the net lovebig grin

Discos
I aint shy but talk to people more different than I would talk to my friends, also I have to talk proper english and stuff and can't speak true Scottish and whatnot.

also such things as Lord of the Rings fans are not common round my parts, that is why I love this bleeding forums!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.