Best Songs About Suicide

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fuct_up_kid
just wondering what everyone thinks are the best songs about suicide. i think evanescence ~ tourniquet and linkin park ~ breaking the habit

room #99
pantera - suicide note prt 1 and 2
silverchair - sucidal dream

room #99
* suicidal dream

im not burlyman
Fast Food Rockers is music that makes you want to kill yourself.

Clovie
painkiller big grin
zabij sie
bigger w/a trigger
breaking the habbit
sucidial laughing

and there are lotsa more but i can't remind myself at the moment big grin

Darth Revan
How is "Breaking the Habit" about suicide?

Anyways...
Nirvana- Heart-Shaped Box

fuct_up_kid
it is!

'clutching my cure, i tightly lock the door. i try to catch my breath again.'
and
'you all assume, i'm safe here in my room, unless i try to start again'

Darth Revan
oh... I never paid much attention to the lyrics on that song, not much of an LP fan erm

Df02
tbh who cares, songs about suicide suck.....theyre a ploy to make money out of the misery of people who buy the song thinking the band "relates to their problem"

Hostile
Revan: Linkin Park are pretty good, but if you're a Rage fan then all is forgiven stick out tongue

Best song about suicide? God knows. Almost everything by KoRn, I guess big grin

Darth Revan
Yeah laughing out loud
just about every Korn song there is could be interpreted that way laughing out loud

HockeyHorror
50 cent- In Da Club

i feel like killing myself no

ragesRemorse
suicide solution

or that song by three doors down

Darth Revan
laughing

Deathblow
What? Oh man that is horrible stereotyping. Korn may be pretty morbid, but they've never written a single song about suicide. They've written songs which deal with suicide, but never in their songs will you find JD saying he wants to kill himself.

im not burlyman
woah.. that was hostile..

Aini
laughing thumb up

Deathblow
not really blink

im not burlyman
it was hostile you quoted confused

TrAnCeDuO
hold on-Good charlotte
home-Three days grace
both songs are extremely funny...

§pearhead
Chop Suey, but SoaD confused

Darth Revan
^that's a good one... But I don't think it's necessarily about suicide... It just has that one line in it, "Trust in my self-righteous suicide"

HockeyHorror
all the Armenians love that Chop Suey music video cuz they got the flag of Armenia in one scene of teh video.

laughing out loud

§pearhead
Ah...Last Resort by Papa Roach, how can I forget that one no

Arachnoidfreak
That song is about cutting, not suicide. Y'know, people that cut themselves to make themselves feel better. Sort of like a "Pain is Pleasure" sort of thing.

moonwalker741
yeh like frankie from the real world...

DaRk Lotus
I do cut my self sometimes. But .45 by shinedown. I can see it now the singer on his knees with a .45 at his head with the band in the backround playing like stevy wonder. smile

kohl
"asleep" by the smiths. trite but true.

§pearhead
shit...how did I forget that? my location is from that song laughing out loud

Darth Revan
I love that song happy

leatherface12
50 cents 21 questions is pitiful. If I have to listen to him mumble words with his teeth clenched again then Ill have no choice but to comit suicide erm

Darth Revan
Let's not forget Incubus- You Will be a Hot Dancer stick out tongue

j/k of course stick out tongue

LilKitty
Marilyn Manson - Suicide is Painless thats an obvious one!

Sam!! Do you have Daryl on your avvy?? Im so impressed embarrasment

Darth Revan
Never heard that Manson song... But it seems like an obvious choice thumb up

fuct_up_kid
aah...yeah now you mention it, but it does have a few lines, like
'i don't want to be the one the battles always choose, inside i realise that i'm the one confused'

Deathblow
I have him in my sig now. I always have him somewhere. I'm a little obsessed embarrasment

On the topic of Daryl, a lot of the songs on Glassjaw's first album touch on suicide, and even though none of them are fully centered on the subject, there's still some great suicide imagery on the tracks Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence, Lovebites And Razorlines, Hurting And Shoving and Hotel Of The White Locust yes

Victor Von Doom
The Great Below by NIN, although it's open to interpretation.

Black Onyx
Heart-Shaped Boxyes

musicworshiper
umm...are you all forgeting giving in by adema?

Victor Von Doom
Yes, for good reason.

Arachnoidfreak
Great f*cking song. My favorite.

musicworshiper
nah victor, ya got'm all wrong, adema kicks ass, they got some good shit, and "giving in" is great

Broken_Johnson
Suicide is Painless, by Marilyn Manson

finti
That is a cover by him, as most of his song doesnt this guy have talent enough to make his own stuff. This song was form the original movie MASH by Mike Altman & Johnny Mandell and was later covered by Manic Street Preachers before Manson covered it in 2000.
The song should be called "Manon is talentless"

Victor Von Doom
Manson sucks musically. He should be a performance artist.

Broken_Johnson
Not all of his songs are covers though blink
He does write most of his songs and performs them well, you just have to like his style of music

Victor Von Doom
That's true of anyone.

ragesRemorse
ozzy- Suicide solution..It even isnpired a suicide so thats extra points right there

cermiestar
counting crows - black and blue

scabby mcgee
half of all of Elliott Smith's songs. Very few artists have written more poignant and have a better understanding of the issue than Smith.

finti
that tells more about the one commiting suicide inspired by this song. If you look at the lyrics it is about alcoholism, very much like what Ozzy was at that time so it is a kind of self biography

Fearnix
life of agony now thats real Suicide music

ragesRemorse
dont get all technical on me

finti
big grin

Fearnix
i nerver realy liked ozzy when he went solo black sabbath were much better but anyway there songs are not realy that suicidal the best suicidal band were SUICIDALTENDENCIES and LIFE OF AGONY

dwoodz05
what about "adam's song" by blink 182...if thats not about suicide i dunno what is

dwoodz05
yeah im gonna skip around genres here too because just because it might not be intense screaming rock doesnt mean it doesnt deal with suicide..."freshmen
" by the verve pipe and "whiskey lullaby" by brad paisley

Df02
Adema suck soo hard...luckily the lead singer has left the band!

and i still stand by what i posted at the start of this thread...

SnakeEyes
umm, Adams Song

amity75
The ultimate suicide song - "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam.

Nirvanagrunge
i cut my self a lot...and try to kill myself.....

TrAnCeDuO
is it fun?

amity75
Can I be in your gang?

BlackC@t
I've thought about suicide a lot. My favourite suicide song would be 'Adam's Song' by Blink 182.

Sieg Wahrheit
Behind blue eyes by Limp Bizkit. This song made me cry so much.
Bring me to life by Evanescence. She's about to commit suicide by jumping into the window.

Kella
I'm not sure if it's a song about suicide, but I did try to cut my wrists while listening to this song on repeat...

Sober -Tool

Df02
wow isnt this thread full of life...

id like to point out here that i have absolutely no respect or pity for ppl who attempt suicide, cowards option...for people too afraid to sort their problems out, thats why i think suicidally based songs are shit aswell

<<Solo>>
Well the whole cd Joy Division- Closer... Was basically a suicide not becuase,

1. They're all depressing.
2. The singer killed himself the day it released.

Kella
have you ever considered that some people try to make things work out, but they just don't? That maybe they have tried for so long and it's jsut too overwhelming?

I'm going to make the assumption that you have never suffered from depression. no expression

I for one have battled depression all of my life and fought against suicidal thoughts for just as long...sometimes you just want to get away from it and there seems like no other options.
My cousin couldn't take it anymore and he took his life... It wasn't his fault. he was a really awesome guy...his mind was just overcome by his depression.
When I saw what his death did to my family i changed things around a little for me. I don't battle with suicidal feelings like I once did, but I still fight depression.

Try to put yourself in other people's shoes before you judge...or disresepct them. As for the music...I'm glad I can have a way to see that someone else understands what I have gone through. stick out tongue

ElectricBugaloo
It made me cry also, but only because they desicrated the original version by The Who. Listen to The Who's version, it makes Limp bizkit look like the no talent ass clowns that they are

Fearnix
Life Of Agony - River Runs Red

I got the razor at my wrist
'cause I can't resist
I've got this fever burnin' fist
That does as I wish
But when I get downtown
And see what's around
I just know there's got to be
A better place to be found

Oh, God help me

The river runs red and I think I'm dyin'

Well I know there'd come a day
When my mind would say "Hey are you afraid"
Well all I know is that I been down here tryin'
Well, I'll bleed on trough the night
I suppose I'll be dead by the morinig light
So don't be suprised if you mind when you find me

TrAnCeDuO
i dont think suicide is a cowardly choice...its their life let them do what they want with it...as for Evanescence they dont really make any suicidal songs...their songs are sad enough...

ElectricBugaloo
yeah, i don't think that elliott smith or jeff buckley ever wrote a song about suicide, but they have some of the saddest music i have ever heard.

sickley in lurv
Well, Evanescence is good for that sort of thing, U2 Numb is good but it's not about killing ya self, more about Drugs (DRUGS CAN KILL)
Blink 182 Adams song

i love poop
hurt - NIN
adams song - blink
lithium - nirvana

Ronny
i prefur to live

Df02
u've backed up my opinion with this post, nothing more...
your m8, nice as he may have been...was completely selfish, as u said he's hurt every1 in his family because he couldnt face up to sorting out his problems... theres always a way out, just takes a little willpower and the strength to fight through it...nm what the problem is!
life is a gift, not to be thrown away so selfishly, when it can always be pushed back on course.

a person tried to convince me once that his uncle was brave, for kneeling down with his head on a railroad track waiting for a train to come... i think its completely the opposite way round, for him. its was the easier option to completely give up and let himself die, it woulda been alot more brave to stay alive and fight thru his problem!

suicide isnt a personal thing, if you've got friends or family u'll be killing a little part of them when u kill urself... some selfish twats dont seem to realise that

and for the record i havent been thru depression but alot of ppl i know have, and some of them havent come thru it...

Kella
Perhaps my cousin was a little selfish to do what he did, but he's in a better place now...I know this for a fact. I'm glad he's happy and my family is glad he's happy.
Watching my friends suffer through depression is one thing...going through it myself is another thing. It's a helpless feeling. It's consuming. It shuts you down. You start to think crazy thoughts. No one can ever really explain it. It's something that has to be experienced to understand.
My Grandfather was like you. He'd never gone through it and he critisized me for suffering with it...for seeing doctors for it...for my mom spending all of that money on therapists when I could just pick myself up and change things for myself. I had to want toget better before I would.
Well...nearly two and a half years ago my Grandpa had a really really bad car accident. He was nearly killed. That was when we discovered that he had a bad heart. Well...he got put on medication for it. The meds he was put on caused depression. He had the choice to live with depression or allow his heart to give out and die. So he chose life.
He learned that some things you simply cannot pick up and make better. He became a different person that whole year. He and I grew closer as he came to understand me better. He had thoughts of disappearing into the night...or taking his life...or walking away from his marriage of 48 years... he went through a lot.
A year after his accident...when he got to actually know all of his family and love all of us for the first time...he died. He died of complications after an open heart surgery. My point is... he spent his whole life critisizing what he didn't understand....then in the last year of his life...he was made to understand...
Now i believe in God and that my grandpa was made to suffer with all the things that he critisized his family for all of his life...kind of a final clarity. That's just my idea.
Not that I want you to suffer with it...I wouldn't wish that on anyone in this world, but if you aren't careful that could jsut happen to you too.

That is all...buh-bye

TrAnCeDuO
it may be a gift but people should do what they want with it. who the hell are you to tell them what to do? Its hard these days to help people because everyone is short on paitance, common sense, and time. thats how it is. in some cases its for the better. why should they live a pointless life of suffering?(especially all the silly goths out there)Life is to be enjoyed like a fine wine but if it goes sour then whats the point?

Spicy_Mchaggis
i dont think that there is a best song about suicide other than old dark symphony pieces make me want to slit my wrists. i'd also like to point out that the dude who started this thread is a loser. anyone who likes good charlotte should not start shitty threads about music they dont even like. tool.

Spicy_Mchaggis
i'd also like to point out that linkin park's breaking the habit isnt a song about suicide its a song about changing the way you treat people. if you'd pay attention for half a second when your not listening to the shit you like to call good charlotte you'd figure out good music from a good band doesnt write a good song about suicide. fuct up kid, your an imperialistic **** who has bad taste in music.

Tirekicker
How can you be so blindly arrogant? Maybe you haven't realized that some people try to fight... for a long time. Answer this question... what's harder to do, live... or live when every night your whole body is telling you to die except for the part of your body "heart" that wouldn't let you because it wouldn't be able to stand hurting your loved ones. And for awhile that can prevent you from doing something "selfish" as you call it. But it's not like the depression is at a set point, it gets exponentially worse like its adapting to your efforts to stop it. Therapy... even medication hasn't been able to even slow it down for me. And it's not like you need to be under pressure to feel it... it's always there even when the world is perfect around you. My case is like that, I am loved by my family, I go to a great college, I'm doing exceptional and I have a shitload of friends. So... I feel that those that succumb to depression aren't cowards or selfish... they just buckled under the pressure which I've been trying so hard not to do. But you know what... being depressed mentally and physically makes you deteriorate and things that once mattered so much to you only make you hurt more. So please... try and give alittle respect to people who have to go through this disease... which it is. I'm sick of people assuming they understand what you go through and can judge you at a whim. It's not right. Since you have friends that have done this, you are selfish for calling them cowards... you're the coward for not trying to be a real friend and feel sympathy for them.

Spicy_Mchaggis
dude. killing yourself shows that your too ****ing lazy to pop a couple of prozacs and go to the movies with your friends. if your too depressed to do anything, call a friend or a family member. if you consider yourself suicidal just get your mind off of it. killing yourself is probably the dumbest thing ever. the only reason why anyone would want to kill themself is if there helping someone not die or if your being tortured and you die just to make the pain go away. but if its because your mom yells at you or your dad beats you and you have no friends, its called DCF. talk to a counselor at skool or a hospital. if you cant deal with it. i have friends who's dad beat them to a pulp if they did something wrong, did they think about suicide? NO! because they knew it would all be over anyway.

lightaxe
yea, i watched that video and had nightmares, it was so intense.

Fearnix
laughing out loud you are scared easy arnt you

eezy45
huh

Riiight... I mean... I listen to Iron Maiden cos' I fear the dark and am a devil and stuff...
yeah, and their songs relate to my problems you know smile

eezy45
That's a word... The song totally rocks.

badsymbiote
I like "This Jam's For You" by The Afros.

Certainly not pro-suicide--this song always cheers me up when things run afoul.

kirstyw14
I'm gonna throw you a random and 'not very much like the ones you've been talking about' song- Diamond Smiles by Boomtown Rats. It's weird. And it's from the 60s. And it's punk. And I really shouldn't be replying to this thread... lol whistle

Tptmanno1
DR come on!

RATM Settle for nothing!

I gotta 9, a sign, a set, AND NOW I GOTTA NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<<Solo>>
Hurt was originally a Johhny Cash song. It was a much better song too.

KillTheLight
that song always makes me cry

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Solo

No, Johnny Cash covered it

Morgoths_Wrath
Well the whole cd Joy Division- Closer... Was basically a suicide not becuase,

1. They're all depressing.
2. The singer killed himself the day it released.

I'll go with this, although Curtis killed himself a few months before it was released, and 3 days before JD was to begin their first U.S. tour.

GoodiesGirl
Hold On
http://www.backstage7.de/cd/album03/good_charlotte/goog_charlotte.jpg

StinkFist462
thats stopping suicide, either way it still doesnt deserve to be anywhere on the face of this earth.

RedAlertv2
"I Wont See You Tonight Pt 1" and "I Wont See You Tonight Pt 2" by Avenged Sevenfold. The first one espiecially, since it is sang from the standpoint of the person that is killing him/herself

kjtama
Originally posted by Df02
tbh who cares, songs about suicide suck.....theyre a ploy to make money out of the misery of people who buy the song thinking the band "relates to their problem"

ok.. you have no idea.. how is feels when someone close to u has commited sucide! so until that happenes i think u should not talk about the problems! they might jsut be trying to make money but hey if it helps ppl.. then good! so y dont u back off... i actually think they r pretty good..a nd actually some songs change ppl's minds about sucide.. so y dont u think bout that for a while.. tehn tell me what u think...actually dont tell me.. czu u seem shallow.. so i dont care what u have to say!

kjtama
Originally posted by Spicy_Mchaggis
dude. killing yourself shows that your too ****ing lazy to pop a couple of prozacs and go to the movies with your friends. if your too depressed to do anything, call a friend or a family member. if you consider yourself suicidal just get your mind off of it. killing yourself is probably the dumbest thing ever. the only reason why anyone would want to kill themself is if there helping someone not die or if your being tortured and you die just to make the pain go away. but if its because your mom yells at you or your dad beats you and you have no friends, its called DCF. talk to a counselor at skool or a hospital. if you cant deal with it. i have friends who's dad beat them to a pulp if they did something wrong, did they think about suicide? NO! because they knew it would all be over anyway.

prozac... can actually make ppl feel worse.. instead of helping them.. so dont even go there..

kjtama
Originally posted by kjtama
prozac... can actually make ppl feel worse.. instead of helping them.. so dont even go there..

my best friends dad commited suicide.. and guess what it wasnt cuz he was to lazt to "pop in a prozac" cuz he was taking them.. no one really knows what they are thinking before they do it... so dont assume!!!!

kjtama
Originally posted by Tirekicker
How can you be so blindly arrogant? Maybe you haven't realized that some people try to fight... for a long time. Answer this question... what's harder to do, live... or live when every night your whole body is telling you to die except for the part of your body "heart" that wouldn't let you because it wouldn't be able to stand hurting your loved ones. And for awhile that can prevent you from doing something "selfish" as you call it. But it's not like the depression is at a set point, it gets exponentially worse like its adapting to your efforts to stop it. Therapy... even medication hasn't been able to even slow it down for me. And it's not like you need to be under pressure to feel it... it's always there even when the world is perfect around you. My case is like that, I am loved by my family, I go to a great college, I'm doing exceptional and I have a shitload of friends. So... I feel that those that succumb to depression aren't cowards or selfish... they just buckled under the pressure which I've been trying so hard not to do. But you know what... being depressed mentally and physically makes you deteriorate and things that once mattered so much to you only make you hurt more. So please... try and give alittle respect to people who have to go through this disease... which it is. I'm sick of people assuming they understand what you go through and can judge you at a whim. It's not right. Since you have friends that have done this, you are selfish for calling them cowards... you're the coward for not trying to be a real friend and feel sympathy for them.

i totally agree!!!! finally someone who understands! and you make a very good point.. and yes ppl should not assume.. and they should be a lil more sensitive to the subject until, they, truleyunderstand how it feels to go through it... or be a part of it...

Dr. Strangelove
NIN- The downward spiral

NIN- The Great Below

RedAlertv2
Ill say it again

"I wont see you tonight pt1" by Avenged Sevenfold. Very sad, yet beautiful song about someone commiting suicide

and

" I wont see you tonight Pt 2". More intense, angry song about how suicide can tear families apart. It basically is about the aftermath of the song above. Those of you who are advocating suicide should listen to this song and realize that suicide really hurts those around you.

StinkFist462

that deserves a big huge ass slap. no expression

Bad Wolf
Jimmy died today
He blew his brains out into the bay
in the state of mind
Its my own priviate suicide!!

Bardock42
Asleep by The Smiths....although could be interpreted little different....but still a great song....

xxkillingxmexx
Originally posted by fuct_up_kid
it is!

'clutching my cure, i tightly lock the door. i try to catch my breath again.'
and
'you all assume, i'm safe here in my room, unless i try to start again'

ITS NOT! breaking the habit its about cutting

Inspectah Deck
Suicidal Thoughts by Notorious B.I.G.

cool_dudes_rule
tongue from seether
i would think that is one,
camisado- Panic! at the disco
i also think that bury me in black is one from MCR.

DevilInMe
Cry alone, I've gone away
No more nights, no more pain
I've gone alone, took all my strength
I've made the change,
I won't see you tonight

Darth Jello
D7 by The Wipers
Potential Suicide by The Wipers
Richard Hung Himself by The Adolescents
Seventeen by The Joykiller
Junkie's Promise by Sonic Youth
Why Is It Always This Way? by The Ramones

NemeBro
Suicide Hotline by Insane Clown Posse

Stanley41now
just wondering what everyone thinks are the best songs about suicidehttp://xiye521.info/13.jpg

ESB -1138
I Won't See You Tonight (Part 1) by Avenged Sevenfold

slam285
I like the songs....

Cut by Plumb, and Suicide Note by Kyle Spratt.

LeonBuco666
stan

NemeBro
AjKbw1Cqpt0

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.