How high can the Juggernaut jump?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vu_Quang
Seriously how that for a bunch of confusing mess in comics. i mean i never seen him jump maybey he can jump like the hulk. or does that gem magic work in such a logical manner. i mean the hulk and juggy both come from marvel, you'd think there'd be some consistancy there.

so what do guys think. you think he dont like jumping but can soar like the hulk?
can jump ten feet?
jump to the top of a building or skyscrapper?

what's your input?

*why is it the hulk has such strong leg muscles but no one else seems to, besides abomination..no Thing, no colossus, etc etc.*

maybe some writer of marvel can clarify this one day or someone from this board. or i should just leave it alone as a weird comic book inaccuracy??

JuggernautFan
Juggernaut has shown that he can -ATLEAST- jump 50 ft into the air. i'm sure he can't jump as far as hulk, but in every other aspect he has proven that he is just as strong as hulk if not more-so. so there is no reason to think that he doesn't have jumping abilities similar to hulks... but maybe not as developed or a need to.

as for hulk lifting the 150 billion ton mountain does anybody actually own the issue??? i used to but no longer have it. i need some clarification on something.

Never
You are borderline fanatic with these "there is no reason to think that he doesn't have jumping abilities similar to Hulk's" comments. He DOESN'T. End of that.

Why does Hulk have such strong leg muscles? I don't know, why does Juggernaut have the gem? Why can Sue Richards create a forcefield? Because they made them that way, maybe?

Juggernaut CANNOT jump NEARLY as high or as far or as QUICKLY as the Hulk. It is NO contest. Hulk has jumped into ORBIT and jumps quickly enough to overtake an ICBM in flight.

I have Secret Wars #4, Juggernautfan. Are you going to AGAIN try to downplay Hulk's abilities?

JuggernautFan
:
: hulk once held up 150
: billion tons...
:

Hulk was only bracing a portion of it and needed leverage to do so as Hulk himself explains when Iron Man asks him how he could possibly be lifting so much. And the "150 billion tons" was just a cover comment. How much he was actually lifting in the book is unknow but he was not lifting the entire mountain range/"150 biliions tons"(if taking the cover literally) as the tale has grown into over the years. He only braced the section over the heroes.

i didn't write this..... but i had found some information on it. please clarify the WHOLE situation if you intend to argue in favor of hulk lifting the entire mountain range. but can you prove that juggernaut doesn't have leaping abilities?? when need be, he has shown that he can jump higher than you and i, or spiderman or wolverine..... has shown. but he hasn't jumped as far as hulk you are right in that aspect. can he jump as far as hulk??? probably not. i agree with that also, but he is strong, and again, there is no reason to think that he can't propel his 900 lbs body into the air for a good distance.

Never
Christ. What a weak argument.

Let me find a solid steel slat that weighs oh, 7,000 lbs.

Say it is...15 feet long, and...hmm...5 feet wide.

Let me LEAN it on your back (say it's shaped like a door and one side is on the ground). Let you SUPPORT it.

How much of the weight are you "bracing?"

"Needed leverage to do so?" So? Do you know what "leverage" is?

"He only braced the section over the heroes?" LMAO! Hmm, if you dive 7,000 fathoms deep are you being crushed by the weight/pressure of the ocean in the near vicinity? God, another physics reference is in order?

Um, can you "prove" that Juggernaut DOES have leaping abilities? Care to show us where he "jumped at least 50 feet into the air?" How preposterous is this? Well nobody SAID he does not have jumping abilities so he might, right?

Hmm, oddly enough they refer to Hulk's leg muscles and jumping abilities in HIS bio (but nothing in Juggernaut's bio...like his healing factor). I wonder why...?

Well nobody SAID Wolverine could not run as fast as The Flash, but he might be able to, right?

JuggernautFan
well actually lifting the 7000 lbs would be easier had part of it been laying on the ground, because you wouldn't be lifting the weight entirely. and when you are under water in the ocean....... you are not being crushed by all the water. no submarine on earth would survive that. juggernaut has lept 50 ft into the air to topple the stranger (whom was in the cosmic brigade against the infinity gauntlet) would you like an issue number???? like i said, when needed he has shown abilities, yet you dispute that. the thread is how far can juggernaut jump. i said he can jump -ATLEAST- that far because he has already did it.

who?-kid
I have it somewhere. What do you want to know ?

JuggernautFan
just the part when they are under the mountain. the dialect between the heroes. that's what i want to know..... if you want to take time out to post it up.

Never
What...?

So what portion/percentage of the ocean ARE you being crushed by ( you are saying what Hulk lifted was only that which was directly above him - wrong. the ENTIRE WEIGHT of the mountain was weighing on him, not just that which was above him. If you removed a good portion of earth from under a mountain it would not simply shift DOWNWARD (straight down), it would also shift DIAGONALLY downward)? Let me put it THIS way - if you were able to physically create a forcefield at the BOTTOM of the ocean, how much FORCE would you have to exert to offset the ocean's?

Is there a difference between diving 36,000 feet deep in an ocean and diving 36,000 feet deep in a hole the size of a football field filled with water? Or is it constant, regardless of how big the body of water is?

I did not SAY that you are LIFTING it from laying flat on the ground. Hulk did not LIFT part of the mountain up from a standing position. I said LEAN the steel slab on your back and BRACE it considering that is as close an example as I can think of at the moment.

How much of the weight are you "bracing?"

And LoL @ this, yet another attempt to say Hulk is not stronger than Juggernaut..

who?-kid

JuggernautFan
Hulk ISN'T stronger than juggernaut, you have provided no proof that he is. he has never proven capapble of doing it himself either.

moshtitan
doing what himself?

JuggernautFan
nobody on this forum has proven that hulk is stronger, and HULK HIMSELF has never proven stronger than juggernaut. except in the for of war. whom was exponentially boosted in power and strength. the gap still wasn't as big as one might think.

moshtitan
ahh. but in the same sense juggernaut has never proven himself stronger than hulk. i still say with the right circumstances hulk COULD be stronger than juggernaut.

JuggernautFan
but he has. thor and hulk have engaged in a direct test of physical strength for 1 hour, and neither gained the upperhand. thor has -never- proven stronger than juggernaut (except when he negated the mystical energy which flowed through cain, even then he wasn't as strong, only the more skilled fighter and he could harm juggernaut then). 1) prime matched thor blow for blow, but couldn't even do that with a *heres the key words* powered down juggernaut (exiles crossover). also, hulk was trapped in the hulkbusters cage for nearly 2 days, when juggernaut was transported into the cage, the walls were immediately flexing outward ready to burst almost instantly when juggernaut started hitting them. hulk in the same issue had also been said to be "on the virge of insanity" with rage. but was still not stronger than juggernaut. juggernaut iced piecemeal with 1 punch, hulk had much, much more trouble with him. i do think hulk has more *potential* to be stronger. but off the fly, juggernaut has proven that he is superior in strength.

even marvel has directly compared them (by name) that juggernauts strength rivals hulks. i still don't get how 1 can think that juggernaut doesn't rival him if he doesn't start out stronger. if hulk started out stronger, and continued to increase, how is is exactly that juggernaut could rival him in the first place???

Never
LoL, revel in your own cluelessness.

There are no "ifs." Hulk is stronger, period. Write Marvel Comics. Contact a writer. Here is a messageboard with DC editors:

www.comixfan.com

We have editors for DC Comics there. This is one of the most popular and knowledgeable comic boards on the ENTIRE 'net.

Ask your question there and return with your foot in your mouth - AGAIN.

Come to Grant Morrison's messageboard. Come to Warren Ellis'. Come to AOL and chat with Mark Waid and Kurt Busiek.

My God, you act as if Juggernaut is your FATHER or something. "No no no! Nobody has ever proven Hulk is stronger and stuff...so he's NOT! So there! And stuff!"

I mean, LOOK at this:

LoL, oh my GOD. Rivalling someone in strength simply means being COMPARABLE or CLOSE in strength. They NEVER say Hulk rival's JUGGERNAUT because Hulk is the STANDARD in strength - everyone is compared to HIM.

I'm through. LoL, this dude...

vu_Quang
So the answer is 50+feet thank you very much.

closing thread

p.s. i dont have power to close this thread or i would.

.............laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud
...............laughing out loud laughing out loud
.................laughing out loud

p.p.s so sue me it wasnt THAT funny. just havin fun with smilies. rolling on floor laughing

IRTMU-Dragon
No, you dont close this!
Alright, the answer to that stupid hulk lifting the billions of pounds, is that hes not lifting it...
His bone matter and material in his body, is stronger than the force of the mountain being pulled down by gravity, so... what happens when you put steel in a trash compactor... The trash compactor cant close. Hulk is the steel, the mountain is the trash compactor.
Hulk isnt LIFTING, anything in that comic, the exact oppisote actually. Hes on his knees, with his arms up, pushing, indeed yes, but not lifting. His bones are almost that of most likely admantium in that small title scene. So, hes not lifting anything. The mountain just cannot continue to drop, or crush all the heroes, because the hulks bones, or unbreakable matter, is blocking it from dropping.

IRTMU-Dragon
The only part his strength is playing in that role, is keeping his body upward against that inverted weight, which isnt as it seems.

IRTMU-Dragon
Sorry about the triple post... And yes, Juggernaut has shown superior leaping abilities...
But... Sorry juggernautfan... Nowhere near hulks abilities.

JuggernautFan
I never said that he had anywhere near hulks, and never just refutes facts. you still have yet to say anything about hulk being stronger except go here, or go here. i think hulk CAN be stronger, but at base strength he is not as strong as juggernaut

juggernaut *in weakened state* has knocked rhino unconscious rather easily (something hulk has never done)

Juggernaut knocks thing out with 3 punchs (easier than hulk has ever did, when thing starts at class 90)

Juggernaut was -atleast- as strong as hulk who had been rampaging for nearly 2 days

i'm not sure where you are drawing you conclusion from never. you act as if hulk is your dad or something. "No no no! Nobody has ever proven Juggernaut is stronger and stuff...so he's NOT! So there! And stuff! Period"

sound farmiliar??? you still don't provide any "proof" of why you think that he's stronger. whatever dude.

IRTMU-Dragon
Ok, NEVER. Good name for ya, Never, Thats what u are.
Juggernautfan is completely right. The Juggernaut posses power UNTOLD that has not even been revealed in comics yet. The Gem of Cytorak has immense power, for it is a whole nother dimension inside the gem. If the Juggernaut were to actually study, train, focus his dimensional powers on our dimension, or the marvel dimension from the cytorak gem, He could indeed do things you would rip your eyes out at. He has been seen doing massive amounts of damage, under brain control, To the point where no one could stop him for a while. But that was because they could push him to his limits, he could never, or wouldnt ever study or train to that point, But he is very capable of performing moves that would KO hulk very quickly. A dimension punch in hulks face? Tell me... Whats his level of resistance against dimensions?
And for this, the hulk can definatly jump higher, so this thread is worn out. But Juggernaut can also jump high, if he wanted too. Which he doesnt.
Yea never... Where are you getting all this info? Google? I bet you dont have half the comics you say you do.

manjaro
I know this is a weak reference but remeber in the X-men cartton in 93 some geeky archeologist found the temple of Cytorrak and took the gem and stole Juggy's power? Anyway the xmen had to save juggy by taking the gem from this guy and after the blackbird flew off a couple of hundred feet he leapt after it. Not that has anything to do with anything but one must consider that Doc Sampson can only lift about 5 or 6 tons give or take, and he's listed has having vast leaping ablities. he's able to jump 510 vertically and a maximum distance of 910 feet. that being said, Im sure juggy must be able to do better than this. Moreover, the abomination, has been shown to leap vast distances comparative to the hulk. cuz once, he jumped from the bottom of a dam and went a few hundred feet above the surface,and another time he and hulk clashed in mid air. Finally, I will say that even though Juggy and the Abomination has not been shown to ever do anything like jump cross country, one must naturally assume that they could do the same. In fact, logic dictates that anyone w/super strength*lets just say CL20 over* should have the "potential" to jump really high. although, in all fairness, until I see Juggy do something like jump into orbit, for now I will assume that he cant

Wynndar
steel in a trash compactor....im going out but if i weren't i would comment on how dumb that was....how old r u?...have u taken highschool or college physics?

JuggernautFan
ha ha ha..... now that's comedy.

IRTMU-Dragon
Ok... You want freggin college physics?
In the theory of the hulk standing underneath a 150 billion ton mountain... HE WOULD DIE, THATS IMPOSSIBLE, NO WAY ANY MATTER CAN STAND UP TO IT.
That enough for ya?
And yea, I dont know about you, but if I put a slab of steel in a trash compactor, my compactor would be broke. Myabe yours is a super compactor. Dont get into me with physics, I took four years of quantum physics.

Wynndar
u took four years of quantum physics and u made the comparison of a piece of steel in a trash compactor with the Hulk under 150 billion tons of mountain...then mentioned the idea of "impossible" on a thread titled: "How high can the Juggernaut jump"...umm?....well i think that there is some "MATTER THAT CAN STAND UP TO THAT"....how about minerals at the bottom of the Earth's crust, 20 miles down....that is pretty dense...or how about carbon that is eventually formed into Diamond after all the millenia of pressure and heat? or that the Hulk's bones can appear to be stronger than adamantium, a metal that can withstand direct nuclear explosions...or how about that these are all imaginary characters (steel in a trash compactor is not imaginary)....ive only taken 1 1/2 years of physics cuz Im in my fourth year of studying biology and thats all that was required...its interesting that u had 4 years of quantum physics....foreal how old r u?

Linkalicious
yah....seriously now. 4 years of Quantum Physics???

Do you even know the difference between standard scientific physics and the sub class called Quantum Physics?

lft4ded
Haha, just to add fuel to a dying fire - wasn't it in the Hulk's own letter pages, around the high 300's (370+) to low 40x's that it was stated that around the Marvel office's Juggernaut is considered stronger? Admittedly this was during the Professor's tenure but IIRC correctly they did make a point that Juggernaut has dynamic strength also, but at a higher potential than the Hulk.

moshtitan
no, i never heard that.

Sentry
Juggernaut has jumped at least 50 feet high and knocked the Stranger on his ass. The Stranger is this guy:

http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-stranger.html

Actually, I think he knocked him out...

CorderaMitchell
I'd never ask him to, thats for sure...

Tron
Well, theoretically, any of Marvel's bricks can jump in the air, not like Hulk, but they can. I think the only reason they don't is because, for one, it's Hulk's thing. That's his mode of travel, what he's known for. To have other characters do it takes a little of that away from Hulk. Two, Hulk is pretty much made for it. He has a natural beacon, and I suppose it helps him land on his feet. Would anyone really wanna see Juggernaut jump in the air? I wouldn't, because the landing would be an ugly one, especially if anyone's under him.

GreatMuta
Tell em Tron!!

Another Hulk and Juggernaut pissing contest...when will it end. Juggy must be a prerequisite to entering heaven cuz everyone seems to worship him.

CorderaMitchell
The same could be said for hulk....

snoopdogg
Did anybody read the Ultimate X-men annual?

Ultimate Juggernaut has some major hops also. He jumped way over 50 ft.

He also has pretty good distance.

EsteemedLeader
i think we've never seen a really good jump from juggs because, he doesnt go over obstacles, he goes through them...

Tha C-Master
best logic yet...

Tron
Originally posted by GreatMuta
Tell em Tron!!

Another Hulk and Juggernaut pissing contest...when will it end. Juggy must be a prerequisite to entering heaven cuz everyone seems to worship him.

Watch it sucka!! I like Juggernaut.wink

And where the hell have you been?

long pig
Originally posted by lft4ded
Haha, just to add fuel to a dying fire - wasn't it in the Hulk's own letter pages, around the high 300's (370+) to low 40x's that it was stated that around the Marvel office's Juggernaut is considered stronger? Admittedly this was during the Professor's tenure but IIRC correctly they did make a point that Juggernaut has dynamic strength also, but at a higher potential than the Hulk.

Yeah, the writer answered a question from a reader that asked "Is Hulk the strongest in marvel?"

The writer answered and said "Wll the talk around the Marvel office is that Jugs is stronger because of the limitless power of Cyttorak he can call upon."

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by Wynndar
u took four years of quantum physics and u made the comparison of a piece of steel in a trash compactor with the Hulk under 150 billion tons of mountain...then mentioned the idea of "impossible" on a thread titled: "How high can the Juggernaut jump"...umm?....well i think that there is some "MATTER THAT CAN STAND UP TO THAT"....how about minerals at the bottom of the Earth's crust, 20 miles down....that is pretty dense...or how about carbon that is eventually formed into Diamond after all the millenia of pressure and heat? or that the Hulk's bones can appear to be stronger than adamantium, a metal that can withstand direct nuclear explosions...or how about that these are all imaginary characters (steel in a trash compactor is not imaginary)....ive only taken 1 1/2 years of physics cuz Im in my fourth year of studying biology and thats all that was required...its interesting that u had 4 years of quantum physics....foreal how old r u?

Dude, the guy owns a trash compactor. It's obviously some compact home model, not an industrial junkyard model. And besides, the mountain should have crumbled.

snoopdogg
Everyone knows that Juggernaut is not a mutant in the regular universe.

But in the Ultimate universe it seems he is a superhumanly strong mutant. Now that he has the gem of Cyttorak he was amped up.

Ultimate Juggernaut is gonna be a awesome character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.