jpeg to gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

All_For_Orlando
wtf can i do for when i change a jpeg to a gif file? It always turns out blurry!! I've been doing all this for an avatar creator that i got and it only accept gif files to create the animated avatars!! im getting really mad, can anyone help me?

§pearhead
Use paint erm

All_For_Orlando
Thats what I use, and thats what makes it blurreh.

Clovie
not really erm i don't understand where is the problem...

All_For_Orlando
?

yerssot
yeah, paint should do it ...you can always try irfanview

All_For_Orlando
hm...Well thats really what ive been using, i could show u what it does. Paint just makes it really blurry and a blurry avatar is gonna look idiotic.

Clovie
paint is a shit. try to use photoshop.

All_For_Orlando
I think you only get a free trial on that, and then u have to pay. Ive tried searching on the search sites on jpeg converting..nothing really came up

yerssot
irfanview.us download it and see if it works with that

All_For_Orlando
k thanks smile

Silver Stardust
Anytime you save a jpg as a gif it's going to look like crap -- it's because a gif saves an image with a max of 256 colors, but a jpg can save images with millions of colors.

JKozzy
Adobe Photoshop 7.0 smile

im burlyman
In case you ever need to know:

BMP - JPG makes it blurry but colorful
BMP - GIF keeps sharpness, loses colors

All_For_Orlando
I took a look at that a.p. though

TOH
Listen to the lady smart yes

All_For_Orlando
I know she's right, but that dont help me out any. Btw i tried downloading irfanview, they didnt have it for my location.

Silver Stardust
Thank you yes

My point is, is that if you try to save as a gif, it'll look like crap, regardless of what program you use.

All_For_Orlando
Thats right. And also i downloaded that Image Converter and Editor program, it did great and then when i tried to load the picture it had a big UNREGISTERED at the top, meaning i have to basically buy it for it to work! sad no luck in my life lol

All_For_Orlando
Well it wont let me edit this post, so i guess ill have to spam. I downloaded Irfanview and i tried saving it as GIF, it appeared successfull, so when i opened it up it was still the same exact file type as it was b4 i tried and changed it. What happened?

Silver Stardust
I've no idea, I don't use that program (never heard of it, in fact)...

All_For_Orlando
Dag nabbit smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.