Music association.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
Which song, band or genre of music do you associate wirth certain Marvel characters?

For example, you may think Cyclops likes to listen to something like Justin Timberlake or that kind of music may remind you of him. Or something.

Been thinking about this one. Post opinions and what not.

-AC

Bojangles
Norma Jean reminds me of Spider-Man

specifically the song "Memphis Will Be Laid to Waste"

Magee
Thanos.
Well i fell that he likes rock/metal on the outside for show, Metallica, Deftones, stuff like that. But what he realy likes is classical music. Wich he listens to when no when is around lol.
Just the feeling i get from his persona.

Arachnoidfreak
I think Silver Surfer is a Nine Inch Nails kind of guy.

ScarletSpider
As cliche as it sounds, I can easily picture Gambit in some sort of scene right out of Water Boy, riding on one of those swamp hover crafts, with Creedance Clearwater Revival in the background.

VENOMfan
Venom probably rock's out to the good stuff

Metallica
Black Sabbath
Sevendust
Slipknot

well If I was him I would

SnakeEyes
Well now we know that Peter Parker is associated with the song: Raindrops are Fallin on my head

Alpha Centauri
Thanos, Magneto and Galactus always strike me as people who would listen to Opera or Orchestral.

Dr.Doom probably more European Orchestral and The Darkness.

Banner would probably listen to something passive just to keep his anger down but Hulk, if he did have a preference, would likely choose Heavy Metal or Hard Rock. I think something along the lines of Metallica or Deftones.

Spider-Man seems like a bit of Smoother Rock. Like Incubus.

The Silver Surfer would probably like something like....Radiohead.

Wolverine would be Rage Against The Machine I think.

Punisher always strikes me as a Slayer sort of guy.

I think Psylocke would like Muse. Specifically the songs "New Born" and "Bliss".
-AC

TheRealistKilla
cyclops i can picture a song called broken done by seether and amy lee.

wolverine i picture godsmack or drowning pool or disturbed

the punisher i can see maybe a korn track.

spiderman i can see a song by trapt called portrait

Arachnoidfreak
The Punisher fought in 'Nam. It is my experience that people who are that old listen to Golden Oldies. Just my opinion.

VENOMfan
Punisher has the forset gump soundtrack. garuntee it

IRTMU-Dragon
Howard the duck digs to baby got back!

Victor Von Doom
Give the guys a bit of credit.

Dr Doom would most definitely listen to Wagner.

ScarletSpider
Punisher is all about the Megadeth, they even made a couple songs about it. Dave Mustaine rocks so hard it almost hurts me to listen. That's how badass Megadeth is.

Alpha Centauri
Joe Satriani has The Silver Surfer on one of his album covers. Maybe Surfer would pay homage and take a listen.

-AC

Spawnie
I think Spawn likes to listen to Manson smile. The song "Beautiful People" is for him, muahahaaaaahahahaa!.

norrin radd

norrin radd
by the way it would be funny if magneto listened to Magnus

norrin radd

Manowar
no way Iron Man rocks out to Black Sabbath specifically the son "Iron Man" lol rock

Manowar
i can totally see Deadpool listening to System of a Down's Chic n Stu

Manowar
i definitely see Wolverine listening to AC/DC

and i see The Punisher listening to the classics like Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, etc.

IRTMU-Dragon
I bet juggernaut listens to Deicide!
Im sure The Punisher listens to the lamb of god.
And I bet Spidey listens to... Nsync.

IRTMU-Dragon
Oh yea, And I bet Ironman listens to slayer.
and I bet /green goblin listens to Pantera.
I bet the hulk probably jams to Opeth.
And... Venom listens to Blood hound gang.

norrin radd
LOL, well he could listen to both

and what about gambit, humm, maybe he listens to jesus and mary chain, the mars volta and black rebel motorcycle club.

Victor Von Doom
Norrin, you have excellent music taste.

norrin radd
thank you

Alpha Centauri
Living Tribunal would probably listen to Tool.

I'm gonna put Dr.Doom down as a bit of a Faith No More fan coz he reminds me of Mike Patton. Just insanely awesome genius. Who is also funny.

-AC

Magee
wow i like everyones music taste, very good Happy Dance
Spiderman - Guns'n'Roses, get the feeling he likes soft metal, mellow sort of music.

Punisher - Deffo Tool or alice in chains, wayne steeley rules (RIP)

Thor - has to be 1800's opera lol
btw im listening to relaod, Metallica, love it. Happy Dance

Alpha Centauri
I sure hope "Wayne Steeley" isn't a reference to Layne Staley the AIC lead singer. Hahaha, the worst name butchery ever.

I don't think Punisher would listen to Tool. But too complex for him I think.

I always associate Carnage with "Master Of Puppets" by Metallica.

-AC

VENOMfan
Carnage is waaay to nut's even for metallica, He would need some super intense death metal or Manson probably

in other words he listen's to crap

IRTMU-Dragon
Carnage? Deicide. The songs they sing are about burning the cross, god sucks, life is fake, the devil rules, They have TERRIBLE SONGS. All wrapped up in Death metal voice and like hurting ear screeches.
Hed also prolly listen to lamb of god, death metal voice in there, and there songs are about being exiled and put in jail and crap.

Alpha Centauri
"Carnage is waaay to nut's even for metallica, He would need some super intense death metal or Manson probably"

Metallica are much heavier musically than Manson. I think Carnage would want heavier music more so than offensive messages.

-AC

VENOMfan
Metallica is heavey, but the message isnt there. unforgiven? until it sleep's?

song's about redemption dont seem to be Kassidy's style. I think Kassidy would care more about the message

but driviling about a lunatic's musical preference is a little contradictory

how about............Beast? Im leaning twards beethoven

ScarletSpider
Kassidy probably goes for Electric Hellfire Club.

I see Captain Marvel (Genis) as a big Kyuss fan. Especially after he went insane. Awesome hard rock to listen to while cruising through space.

Alpha Centauri
"How I could just kill a man" by R.A.T.M (the cover) reminds me of Deadpool extremely for some reason. Maybe coz he's sort of like a rebel as well as a merc.

-AC

ScarletSpider
Mister Sinister hooks up with Rob Zombie and they rock out to I'm Your Boogieman all the time.

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha.

Mr.S: I think you should put some heavier guitar on.
Rob: Nah it's cool as it is.
*Mr.Sinister's eyes glow*
Mr.S: You sure?.....
Rob: Well maybe a little heavier.

-AC

ScarletSpider
Venom during a Brain-eating-binge....Come to Daddy by Aphex Twins it's just so insane it fits him perfectly.

Has anyone ever seen the music video? Freaky shit is all I can say about that.

Arachnoidfreak
Giant Man(something Pym, can't remember his real name. Henry?) listens to "Smack my B*tch up" by Prodigy. Oops...was that wrong?

Alpha Centauri
"Has anyone ever seen the music video? Freaky shit is all I can say about that."

It was filmed fairly near by to me.

The thing screaming in the woman's face is possibly the freakiest thing I've seen.

-AC

norrin radd

norrin radd
i agree, he probably has a big colection, with rachmaninov, bach, mozart, chopin, vivaldi, and bethoven. this reminds me of alexandre du large (clockwork orange) he listened to bethoven so maybe the psycho guys also listen to this and not necessarly to heavy music.

i think beast should also listen to Wim Mertens

Spawnie
Plz ppl if u attach Metallica to some character, plz bare in mind that they haven't issed anything original and bad ass since the BLAck album. Anything after that is just sissy music and nothing to comprehend from it.

Iron Man either listens to Iron Maiden smile, or AC/DC

When I was younger and when I saw those first Iron man cartoons, that was the music I thought was most apropriate for him. Allthough I wouldn't exclude him from listening to megadeath also.

BEast looks like he can listen to Wagner all day, and Wolverine might like country music :P.

norrin radd

Alpha Centauri
"Plz ppl if u attach Metallica to some character, plz bare in mind that they haven't issed anything original and bad ass since the BLAck album. Anything after that is just sissy music and nothing to comprehend from it."

I wouldnt call everything after that album sissy music. "S&M" was freaking awesome. "Load" and "Reload" had some great songs. As for "St Anger" I think it was good. Just good. Because I wasn't expecting another "Master Of Puppets".

On topic, if you listen to the heavy guitar and hypemeister riffs, it fits Hulk I think.

Dr.Doom listening to Wagner before a attack. Priceless.

-AC

Manowar
omg! the song that fits the punisher the most has to be Whiplash from Metallica

Alpha Centauri
Nah man.

"For Whom The Bell Tolls".

-AC

Darth Jello
danny elfman and Graemme Revill's respective scores make me think of daredevil and spider-man. along with specific themes for the characters. I associate the sith/ emperor's theme from star wars with the Hand.

moshtitan
you guys got it all wrong...
hulk-god forbid/force fed
carnage-the red chord/any song
apocalypse-cradle of filth/doberman pharoh
venom-the black dahilla murder/any song
juggernaut-lamb of god/black label
ghost rider-killswitch engage/rusted embrace

wolverine-meshuggah/rational gaze

Darth Jello
the witchtrials-tazer with Typhoid Mary
Jello Biafra with Mojo nixon-Lost World with Deadpool
Garbage-As Heaven is Wide with Bullseye
Dead Kennedys-the prey with carnage

Spawnie
For whom the bell tolls is definetly the Punisher big grin. NIce one!

norrin radd

moshtitan
i cant touch the girls music. i have no idea.

norrin radd
this is not only girls music a girl can hear the same that a man and vice-versa, i was associating their personality to some musical tastes, of course it could be all wrong, but at least, they are great musics.

VENOMfan
technically Venom was created in the 80's so I stick with Blacksabbath, Metallica, Pearl Jam*Mcfarlane did do the evolution a video colaboration with Pearl Jam so as the creator of Venom you kind of have one in the same*......or maybe he was a queen guy.........

moshtitan
i still stick to my claim venom swings to the black dahilla murder

ScarletSpider
Inhumans -- We Who Are Not As the Others by the ever-awesome Sepultura.

bardock
guns n roses for wolvie

Alpha Centauri
I agree with that, majorly.

-AC

papablkbear
So i guess vision listens to the terminator theme song

ScarletSpider
Vision gets down with the Fatboy Slim.

IRTMU-Dragon
Venom doesnt like killing innocents, he protects them at all costs, he only hates spiderman, moshtitan, so he wouldnt listen to songs of hate.

IRTMU-Dragon
Vision I can also see listening to Baby got Back, hah.

papablkbear
Your a sick man Dragon lol laughing

Manowar
i dont know why, but i always picture Thanos listening to "WAR!" from System of a Down

Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha quite a funny image.

*The Infinity Gauntlet REAL version*

Thanos: Come and get me!

*Spidey rips what seem to be earphones out of Thanos' ears and listens*

Spidey: You're....you're listening to SOAD!!! But you hate humans! FAKER! WE GOT A FAKE VILLAIN OVER HERE!

Thanos: No...uh I swear. It belongs to Eros I was just borrowing it! I...SHUT UP!

*Decides to kill Spider-Man*

-AC

papablkbear
Sandman: Metallica of course

Alpha Centauri
Perhaps the one song. Or that song "Mr Sandman....bring me a dream".

Hahaha. You know the song. I forgot the title.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
That would be...Mr Sandman.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah I realised that.

-AC

Fearnix
punisher = Death/thrash
dr doom = orchestral/doom metal
hulk = green machine by kyuss
iron fist = iron maiden
peter parker = pop/hip-hop

Alpha Centauri
Resurrecting this old thread.

Any suggestions?

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.