Interview with the Vampire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
I did search before starting this, and I couldn't find another thread about it.

I just bought this movie because it was only a fiver on dvd from Woolies, and that's the only reason! Then I watched it, and I thought it was excellent! I'm planning on buying the book - I usually find that the book is better than the movie. Although, it will have to be astounding to beat this movie!

I thought Tom Cruise gave an excellent performance - even as a swamp-rotted corpse, you couldn't take your eyes away or stop listening to his magnetic voice. Brad Pitt was wonderful, portraying his character with bitter-sweet charisma - and he looked gorgeous as always! wink

Kirsten Dunst was suprisingly good, considering how young she was when it was made, but I found it a tad disturbing when she was gripping the hand of her weeks dead mother! sick

What did other people think? vampire

Vengeance
Well personally i htink this was one of my all time fav movies. you right when you said all the actors did a great job, cuase they all did awsome jobs. and the story was so good. i only wish that queen of the dammed was as good as this movie was.

vvvrulz
Yeah it was good, the cast was excellent. I did find that occasionally the movie did tend to drag just a little bit, but not to the point of boredom. I give it a 3/5

Devalion
Its ok, but it isn't what I thought it would be.

All_For_Orlando
I love this movie a whole lot, Brad and Tom look sexy in it! I just thought it was really cool.

Vengeance
yea i have to agree that i felt the same way about the drag. but other wise one on my all times favs. and it is the greatest vamp movie out there.

All_For_Orlando
true!

Vengeance
smile

All_For_Orlando
I didnt know if Tom was gonna die or not! Did you know that that was Kirsten Dunst's first kiss? With Brad Pitt! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! lol

Vengeance
lol. well i dont think that would be awsome but im a man and my opinion on that differ's in many reasons roll eyes (sarcastic)

BOPRecruit 16
i'm reading the book right now and i love it just as much as the movie. brad pitt made such an incredible and fine looking louis! love kirsten and tom did a great job as claudia and lestat. too bad deppj didn't play lestat. oh well...*sigh*

Phoenix
I don't why, but I sorta knew Lestat hadn't died. Everytime he 'died' I was liike 'Nah! Not dead yet! He's so gonna come back!'

All_For_Orlando
I wasnt expecting the young girl vampire to die, at first i thought it was kind of a dream..And then when Louis came up and touched their crumbled bodies i was like...OH!

Vengeance
well i knew lestat must live becuase the whole vampire chronicals from anne rice is all about lestat he's the main char in most of them.

greyboy
wasnt ever crazy about this movie...i dont know why really...i suppose its time i give it another shot.

punkyhermy
This was a very well made movie indeed and very underrated.Kirsten Dunst outshined her adult costars with grace. wow. a very very beautiful film...

BOPRecruit 16
although kirsten didn't really understand of where her character was going from at such a young age, as she said in the special features on the movie's dvd, she did a wonderful job anyways. she is a talented young actress, even as little as she was when she started out.

All_For_Orlando
Yeah, thats cool to say because what was she? 9? She did really good at that age, i couldnt have done that! Probably now i could, but not at 9

Vengeance
yea i dont think alot of people cuold to that at the age of 9. i no alot of plp wouldn't even let there kids be in a movie like that.

All_For_Orlando
Lol, well if i was a young actress there would be a 50/50 chance that my family would lol, and id die too. Brad Pitt, that name just makes me swoon thinkin about it lol.

BOPRecruit 16
i think she was like...11 or 12 at the time. i could be wrong though...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.