Blade 3: Trinity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Godshinto
Alright this is cut and paste from IMDB I think it sounds awsome tell me what you guys heard.

http://www.comics2film.com/images/Blade/Blade3TN150.gif

Godshinto
for the occasion I made this sig

Godshinto
I'll make a better one but this is a starter one

Rogue Jedi
blade is one bad mamajama.

Godshinto
Alright what have you guys heard I'm not sure when it's going to come out

Kes

Kes
Also here:http://www.efavata.com/CBM/blade3.htm

Godshinto
Wesley Snipes said that this is his ast movie there might be another movie later on in his carrer but he doubts it so enjoy the last one.

bjmiller
I did..but i enjoyed the first one alot better.

insincerus
I think the Blade films were very good but I do beleive there should be an end and it should be before the population gets bored of the day walker with a mission, although I personally will be sad if it is to be his last blade film it should go out with a bang

Thee_superman
HAs anybody heard anything about this movie yet?

Drifter101
post this on comic movie discussion,

Drifter101
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34065&highlight=Blade go to that link copy and paste it, talk bout it there

All_For_Orlando
This movie is gonna rock! I saw the previews for it today while seeing Spiderman 2. Has anyone seen the previews? Its due out this winter.

Evy_O
I've never heard of it messed Does it have to do with Matrix' Trinity confused

All_For_Orlando
No it has to do with the Blade Sequel. Vampire movies.

Vengeance
i havn't seen the previews but i dont care i dont wanna watch another bad blade movie. the first was good but the second was such a fall.

All_For_Orlando
The 2nd was better than the first.
Blade 3 info
More Blade 3 info

Cinemaddiction
2nd better than the 1st? That's borderline blasphemy. I enjoyed the 2nd one, but there was a little bit too much fluff, with the lovestory and all, which seemed a little out of place.

Trinity will be nice way to wrap it all up, as he finally hunts down Dracula!

All_For_Orlando
Yeah its gonna be coo.

SnakeEyes
Blade one had a better plot, I enjoyed the action in Blade 2 a lot more, and Blade 3 will hopefully top the first 2 cuz Dracula or Drake as the new version may be called is in it. I have heard rumors that Blade dies at the end, that would suck

All_For_Orlando
I hope daywalker doesnt die in this movie! That would be totally gay.
But better yet Kris Kristofferson(sp) is in it again as Whistler, my other favorite character. He adds a lot of mood to the movie, and is brilliantly hilarious! "Better put on some sunscreen buttercup!"

Vengeance
lol your not series. damn 2nd one had nothing good in the story line. like nothing that realy helps the char move or grow. but the first was best it had his mom and all that crap. the first of all movie series are the best.

Cinemaddiction
In "Blade 2", he showed he was capable of allegiance and emotion, actually. Two MAJOR developments in his character. Going from a stone faced killer, who worked alone, save Whistler, to a man who sided with the very clan he hunted, and actually opening his heart to someone.

But, once again, it is all opinion. Except for what I had to say, which is irrefutable fact.

Cinemaddiction
I haven't heard anything about Blade dying so far. Even if he did "die", they brought back Whistler, did they not?

It would be a fitting end to the franchise, but I don't see it happening.
I'm more interested in seeing how they explain the fact that Abigail Whistler is still alive in "Trinity".

Vengeance
he had to work with them to get it done so its not like he did it by choice and then they betrayed him (didn't see that comming). and he always liked whistler so thats nothing new(realy stupid way to bring him back though, like he was so dead in the first one). but you are right about the women thing but just didn't seem good.But, once again, it is all opinion

Cinemaddiction
Everyone had their own personal agenda going into the gathering, Blade excluded.

I guess you're taking back what you said about there being no major developments, then? Since there in fact was?

Vengeance
there was one ,damn. the love thing but other wise i see nothing else. so dont worry im the last guy to as you say "taking back what you said". never going to happen.

Cinemaddiction
One instance is good enough to merit taking back what you said since you're ultimately wrong.

I'll take that as a yes. Besides, if it were up to Blade, and not a script writer, he would have said "Hell, no" to the bloodpack. big grin

All_For_Orlando
Did Whistler mention having a daughter in any of the movies? I know she's gonna be in the 3rd one but its new news to me that he even Had one!

Drifter101
yea hopefully jessical beil doesnt ruin the whole action kick ass vibe we're suppost to get from the flick...........and there are other threads of this in the horror forum..... and i hope the movie kicks ass

Drifter101
he did mention having daughters in the first one but he said the vampire killed them all.......... o well

All_For_Orlando
Oh, either they arent dead or wont be dead for long.

SnakeEyes
that guy from Van Wilder is also in the movie, i hope he doesn't ruin the action vibe also. He plays the Hannibal King or whoever it is...

FLIPMODE
I hope the action and special effects are up to par with part 2, cuz both kicked major azz.

I really cant wait for this movie!

All_For_Orlando
yeah big grin

Vengeance
oh i could wait forever and ever.

Vengeance
well then you were "ultimately wrong" also. becuase you said there were three. so i'll take that.

All_For_Orlando
smile

Vengeance
gotta love the way my and CD always fight lol. well it gives me somthing to do.

All_For_Orlando
Lol yeah big grin

Drifter101
i really hope jessica beil doesnt ruin it w/ that seventh heaven vibe in it, i just hope they dont make her say cheesy lines or some stupid thing to say after she kills a vamp.....

All_For_Orlando
I hope so too.

Cinemaddiction
Fight? I debate. You're just a sloppy antagonist, with invalid points that you try to pass off as opinion, honestly.

Wrong again.

Two, not three. I was right, as I was saying.

BTW, the name of the Van Wilder actor is Ryan Reynolds.

All_For_Orlando
Thanks, i couldnt think of that.

Lord Soth
I'm extremely excited about Blade: Trinity, because I dearly loved the first two. I'm also looking forward to Jessica Biel (with Cine, interested about the explanation behind her), and Parker Posey (playing a vampiress), who did some hilarious acting in Scream 3. And Wesley is always fun

Vengeance
damn man, you very special person. debate fight whatever you wanna call it. just becuase you 20 somthing god knows you cant use yet another imature word right? this is funny before you say i have no points yet but just there you said i make invailid points ,so i still make points wow. plus being able to make an allegience is a big f'ing char development. he made on with the old guy in the first one.

Cinemaddiction
..and I quote..

Invalid points, meaning things you believe to be some sort of "point" to what your saying, when in fact are nothing more than opinions.

Mr. Vengeance, keep in mind, I am the one who mentioned that he made an alliance in "Blade 2". One of the 2 major character developments in the movie. Developments are things that are established AFTER the fact.

If you were a real Blade fan, you would have known that Whistler met him on the streets of Detroit in 82. When Blade was 18 YEARS OLD and LONG before he became a vampire hunter. He was taken in by Whistler, pretty much against his will.

Whistler was his mentor, his father figure, his foster father in a sense.
Therefore, his alliance with Whistler wasn't an alliance at all.

Any other "points" you'd like to make?

All_For_Orlando
Sweet sig!
Yeah, Wesley makes the movie good..considering he's the main char. lol. Jessica Biel did pretty good in TCM so im counting on her to play a good daughter in this.

*Alison*
Cheers to that. Jessica Biel isn't a fantastic actress, just because no matter what character shes playing, all you see is Jessica Biel. So I expect to be thinking "WTF is the 7th Heaven chick doing next to Blade?" while watching it. I really feel that this will hurt the franchise.

If they're going to bring back Whistlers daughter, they should have at least used some (relatively) unknown actress.

But I know Mr. Cinemaddiction won't mind, since he's a Biel fan. roll eyes (sarcastic)

All_For_Orlando
Kiera Knightley would make someone good to play her part...

Cinemaddiction
Knowing you, you'd want to see Angelina Jolie. I think Jessica is an outstanding actor, apparently you've never seen "Summer Catch". eek!

All_For_Orlando
She was in that??? Wow..I remember that movie but i dont remember seeing her in it... I guess Jessica will do a good job in Blade..we just have to see!

Cinemaddiction
I was kidding about "Summer Catch", by the way. The newer "TCM, she's the movies only redeeming quality. geek

I don't think she'll pose much of a threat, besides, even if she is bad, the franchise is over.

All_For_Orlando
I was gonna say, i didnt see her in summer catch. Go me! stick out tongue
Will this be the last blade?

Vengeance
i only hope. unless they fix up the mess 2 left. plus CD man i never said i was a true blade fan, i just liked the first movie. plus u said he was forced to be with the old guy. well true but in a way he was forced to be with the group in the second movie. so really i dont think it that major. and even if you fight this to the death i still just dont think that the over all look on being able to form a team isn't a major char development.

All_For_Orlando
Whistler? An awesome man, he is!

Vengeance
well i seem to like him more then blade, just becuase he makes all those cool weps

All_For_Orlando
I understand. He has the funniest lines too! He's just so awesome, cant explain it. It kind of made me feel bad when Daywalker said he had cancer.. I just hope something doesnt take into effect in B3, but i know it wont..

Cinemaddiction
Going from being someone who was independent, and trusted no one, to teaming up with the very beings he hunted down is a major, major character development, and what made Blade 2 so special. His evolution.

Blade joining the blood pack to defeat Damaskinos and the reapers was done to showcase ANOTHER development in his character, being leadership, when he had to head up the Bloodpack. So, while he may have never had a choice, being used to working in the shadows and alone, to come forward and lead a group to victory (for the most part) takes the place of the lesser alliance development that I guess is forced afterall.

So, I'll agree with you on being forced to join, if you can agree that he went from lone ranger to mob boss.

Vengeance
well it almost seemed that he was a great leader from the start though. like it never seemed he was getting better jus seemed that once he had to he was perfect at it. maybe not havn't seen the movie in awhile.

All_For_Orlando
No, you're right.

Vengeance
well thats alwasy nice to no lol

Cinemaddiction
He didn't have anyone to lead in the first movie, that's why I said he evolved into one. Even if he were a born leader, he would have no outlet in which to show it until the 2nd movie.

Now, am I right? stick out tongue

All_For_Orlando
Yeah, i had to read that about 50 times to understand it..Im not one of those..intelligent responding ppl LOL..

Vengeance
but what i mean man, is that i no he had nothing to lead before, but realy he didn't just seem to get slowly better. he just was awsomely good with them as soon as he got them. like he never sucked at being leader at the start so i cant say he evolved into a leader, cuase he seemed like he had been for years. thats i'll im saying man.

Cinemaddiction
I know what you mean, he was a born leader. For the sake of the arguement though, since we didn't know his leadership skills until "Blade 2", doesn't it make sense to say he just "became" one, and showed it in the 2nd movie?

We're on the same wavelength here, trust me.

All_For_Orlando
I get it. I cant really remember that well his skill in Blade 1, but i just watched Blade 2 last thursday and he was automatically awesome with using the weapons. Especially that metal boomarang looking thing, just one swipe and thats it.

Vengeance
yea ok then. see if they should him actually develop leader ship it prolly would've been more of a char development.

All_For_Orlando
smile

Cinemaddiction
That's called a glaive. They actually sell miniature replicas of it on eBay, with a black and red tribal designed wooden plate that holds it.

Vengeance, good to see we're on the same page, finally. wink

Vengeance
laughing well i guess first time for everything might be true after all.

All_For_Orlando
I have to admit, that thing was totally awesome though LOL. I hope he uses it in B3, but most likely he will have more 'high tech' weapons from Whistler..woohoo..

*Alison*
*Ahem*

All_For_Orlando
hahahah

chilled monkey
Personally I am really looking forwards to this movie. In fact, I am looking forwards to this more than any other movie.

Oh and by the way, Jessica Biel is AMAZING and is my main reason for wanting to see it. She is a fantastic actress, the character she plays sounds fascinating, and everything I've heard says that she was awesome in the action sequences. One site I checked out even said, and I quote "She really outdid everyone in the fighting department in this flick."

All_For_Orlando
this IS on my top choices of movies that im looking forward too, just not on the very top. I have a feeling its going to be a swell movie though, just as good as the others, but maybe if not, just better than the 2nd.
I mean if she "outdid" it then lets just hope its good and doesnt look like they really did overdo it.

chilled monkey
As much as I like essica, I do have one concern; not with her, it's with the writing.

Given her character's background, I don't expect her to be particularly cheerful, but I hope they don't try to make her a totally cold-hearted killing machine. I hope that she gets to smile once or twice.

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
Well thats understandable

Lord Soth
Isn't it just awesome?

ChickinMeat
that poster is indeed awesome

Stormy Day
old

hammered_soul
yes, i saw it at the empire theatres i went to about a couple ago when i went to see AvP

MildPossession
That was up on a website a few months ago. I love the shades of colours on it.

Lord Soth
I haven't been connected for a while, cut me some slack, okay?

Stormy Day
smile

Viper
Looks pretty good to me

lil bitchiness
Awesome, I like it! big grin

Lord Soth
Milla!

moonwalker741
really really old

Ronny
i saw it.... liked it.

i must say The poperanian vampire is quite a comical charecter

my favorite line would probobly hav to be, "unlike the common vampire, her fangs are located in her vagina" stick out tongue

Red Superfly
This film was, erm, OK.

1&2 were far better, but 3 wasn't bad actually.

As usual Wesley Snipes was brilliant. He IS Blade.

The cocky ex-vampire guy could be funny, and sometimes could be seriously annoying. Jokes were hit and miss, and the fact that almost every line of his was a wise-crack kinda annoyed me.

Triple H with steel fangs sounded like a good idea, but why did he end up being more camp than C3PO in a tent?

Also, if Blade was apparently public enemy number one - then why didn't ANYBODY care when he was chasing Dracula through the streets IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY?

Action sequences were good, particularly the car chase and anything with Blade to be honest.

Two things REALLY started to annoy me in this film:

1) Constant bad ass posing. Slow motion walking every five minutes - WTF? All they are doing is walking down a street - stop with the posy slo-mo formation walking!

2) Product Placement almost as bad as IRobot. "She likes to listen to her MP3 in battle - buy an IPod! Look there's iTunes right now in big letters!".

Not only that, but they managed to combine the two - with one scene having Jessica Beil whip out her headphones and plug them into her lugholes - in slow-motion! WTF!!!!!!!!!

TheFilmProphet
I agree

I really enjoyed Trinity and in my oppinion it is better than the first two films or equal to the first film.

1. I strongly disagree

2. Wesley was indeed Blade, in every single move and word he did he totally had me convinced he was the Daywalker himself.

3. I found his humor very entertaining, but we all have our own personal tastes and styles of humor, not all the same. Although there were MANY people who laughed at his humor and jokes when I saw it in theatres.

4. I had no problkem with HHH or his character, I found him to be a very interesting villain in the new film.

5. I think the reason that we didn't see any police going after Blade and Dracula during the chase was because they were moving TOO FAST through the streets and buildings and by the time someone would have called in a report about them, Blade and Dracula would have been long gone.

6. The action sequences were done incredibly well and like you said especially the ones involving Blade.

7. I actually enjoyed the slow-motion camera angles, it presented a new style and taste for the Blade films and action films in general.

8. I agree it wasn't neccessary to have a product placement like that, but sometimes its the only way to get your films sufficiently financed. The same happened with Hellboy, which was also done to help their budget.

9. Once again that slow-motion shot was not neccessary and there is really nothing to justify it, but it did not take anything away from the film as a whole or distract from the film's quality.

Cinemaddiction
That's a strong proclaimation. I'll just assume MANY of those people in your crowd A) were in high school, B) love "American Pie", or C) are easily amused by the words "vagina", "dick", and "****".

TheFilmProphet
1. No, they were at least 80% adults

2. How would I know wink

3. They laughed at many of their jokes and not as much at things like "dick" or "vagina" as you may think.

4. You should read the rest of my post

Cinemaddiction
All Ryan Reynolds lines were toilet humor. All of them, down to his "clever" name badge. The entire script was totally different from anything the other movies offered. Hell, even Wesley Snipes looked like he couldn't care less about the movie.

I read your entire post, and I guess some people are either easily amused, or find trash dialogue and phallic-related dialogue uproarious. Maybe even both, and that's a shame.

Too bad the franchise couldn't have been rounded out with a little dignity, instead of this sloppy, uninspired, humdrum, go through the motions teen movie starring a has been "action" star.

TheFilmProphet
The script was written by the same writer, David Goyer. I agree the script was different from the first two films, but for me that wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

Well I'm pretty sure that the theatre I went to wasn't the only theatre out of 2,900+ that had some people laughing. Although like I said before we all have our different tastes and for me my judgement is not based on what other people think about a film whether its bad or good. If I laugh then I think its funny, if I don't then I don't think its funny. What the other people do, say, or think is entirely up to them.

For you and people who think alike perhaps one of the two alternate endings and deleted fight scenes (hopefully being released on the DVD) will change or would have changed your views on the film a little.

I won't comment on Wesley Snipes being an "has been action star" because I'm not exactly sure if he is no longer being offered the roles or if he just isn't accepting the roles being offered to him anymore.

Cinemaddiction
But don't you like a little continuity in a movie franchise? Goyer totally abandonded the virus from "Blade 2". The entire script was college kid film school material.

As for Mr. Snipes, "Blade" was his meal ticket. Check out this batch o' flops.

Blade: Trinity
Unstoppable (Straight to video, I may add)
Undisputed
Blade II
ZigZag
Liberty Stands Still
The Art of War
Futuresport

"Blade" became a boring character., and Snipe's lack of motivation has finally shown through, IMO. It's a shame he didn't die in the end. I was looking for a little closure, especially since Whistler himself said in "Blade" that the serum/antidote was almost useless because Blade's body had evolved so much he'd soon become immune to it.

Not that David Goyer cares, much less knows anything, about piecing movies together. roll eyes (sarcastic)

TheFilmProphet
Yes I would, but when have you ever seen at least 85% continuity in a franchise that has 3 or more films?? (excluding LOTR) It is something that happens very rarely.

Why did you list Blade II as a flop?? And Blade:Trinity?? Which was just relased days ago. Also Zig Zag was never released in more than a few theatres it was only a short film that David Goyer made to gain more directing experience.

Wesley has been known to occasionally reject roles like he did with Shaft (2000) which was then handed down to Jackson. He is also in talks to star in another Marvel franchise, Black Panther. Although very doubtful he could also star in another Blade film as well.

Anyway he has these three films lined up next

# John Doe (2004) (pre-production) .... John Doe
# 7 Seconds (2005) (post-production) .... John Tuliver
# Chaos (2005/I) (post-production) .... E. Lorenz

Wesley Snipes has his own way of thinking, he is a man who is difficult to completely understand, so when it comes to the roles he chooses nobody is entirely sure why or why not he picks them.

Blade becoming a "boring character" is your oppinion and all I can say about that is that my oppinion on that subject differs from yours. (SPOILER!!) Blade did die in Blade:Trinity but after the test screening the ending was replaced by another ending they filmed which was the one that we saw in theatres. I personally would have had Blade go wild and feed on the citizens if at least for five minutes to show that the serum was no longer strong enough to hold his hunger.

David Goyer probably had at least two different versions of this film when you think about all the alternate endings and deleted scenes, so perhaps what we saw on screen was not the best version. You also have to take into consideration that this was the first film he has ever directed. (besides a short film, Zig Zag)

Aku
I saw blade 3 last night, it was amazing, so many people have said it wasnt good or the critics say its crap but its not, its really good. I didn't find one bit in that movie where i wasnt laughing or feeling that kick ass attitude when he slices up a vampire/zombie whatever thing. I reccommend it big time.

Rating 92%

TheFilmProphet
I completely agree with you 100%

It was very amazing indeed, I even stayed for the credits and with luck because there was about 10 seconds of film footage after the credits ended.

Aku
Apart from the fact I was dieing for the toilet all the way through coz i had a large coke before the film started I couldn't leave my seat. By far the BEST superhero movie film of the year. It battered the crap out of spidey-man 2.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah I sat in the front and couldn't take my eyes off of the screen. Its hard to compare Spidey and Blade,

How about this,

Spidey 2 Best action PG-13 film of the year

Blade:Trinity Best action R film of the year

T.M
i just watched this now today i and agree with the posts made it is the best superhero movie made this year. And im so glad that it wasnt like the 2nd one because that was just horrible.
best Blade movie IMO

BREN
SAW IT LAST NIGHT ,NOT BAD BUT NOT A PATCH ON 1 AND WHO THE F..K THOUGHT PARKER POSEY WOULD BE GOOD AS A VAMPIRE SHOULD BE PUBLICLY EXECUTED!. !!!!WARNING SPOILERS!!!!!
AND THE LAST PART OF THE FILM WHICH TO AVOID SPOLING IT FOR THOSE WHO AINT SEEN IT,WAS A TOTAL PISS TAKE,IM TALKIN THE FAVOUR THAT DRACULA DOES FOR BLADE,WTF???,LOL GIMME A BREAK,IM SUPRISED THOSE OF U WHO SAW IT AINT MENTIONED IT IN YOUR POSTS
I KNOW BLADE MOVIES ARE FANTASY AND BELEIVE ME IM A BIG FAN,ESPECIALLY OF 1,BUT LETS FACE IT UR NEMISIS AINT GONNA DO U FAVOURS,LMAO,SO A PISS POOR ENDING FROM MY POINT OF VIEW

Cinemaddiction
When have I?

Star Wars, Original Trilogy? Back to the Future? Indiana Jones? The Dead Trilogy? The Naked Gun Trilogy? They ALL kept the same theme, and were aware of what happened in the previous installments. "Blade" didn't. It was never intended to be a trilogy, and it shows with it's lack of continuity, and pathetic bridging.

As for Wesley Snipe's movies, I listed those movies, and figured you'd know better than to include "Blade" or "Blade 2". "Zig Zag", being released in only one theatre and making only $2,000 should have been a sign that Goyer needed A LOT more experience as a director, before taking on the final movie of a successful franchise, ESPECIALLY after Guillermo del Toro. Goyer had directed ONE movies before "Trinity"! ONE! What made him think he could do it!? He lost whatever touch he had, and the franchise got progressievely worse, with his horrid script writing and direction being its demise.

Snipes won't be in anymore "Blade" movies, thankfully, and he honestly shouldn't be too picky about his movie roles either, because he's a one trick pony now. Just like Steven Segal, his days are numbered. I guess he was real picky when "To Wong Foo.." came around too, eh? If there were a sequel, he's be all over it.

After reading all these posts, it's my opinion that you people are mad. This movie is so incredibly flawed, and sticking up for this hack Goyer literally makes me sick to my stomach.

Here's a few things that you may want to take into consideration, when debating the "genius" of Goyer's writing.

If "Drake" (how gay) were dead, how could he shapeshift into Blade at the end? HE COULDN'T! HE WAS DEAD!

How could Drake be the LAST person to die in the movie, although he was the FIRST to be injected with that poison?

Whistler is "conveniently" re-married, just so Goyer can explain Abigail being born out of wedlock? I highly doubt that was even taken into consideration before.

The reaper dogs? 1. How did they get reaper DNA when Blade took out the entire Damaskino's clan in 2? 2. Why didn't they use the DNA on THEMSELVES?! 3. What would crossbreeding a DOG do for their species? That's worse than the ****ing Hulk dogs.

The beginning of the film said "Drake" was unearthed in Syria. Ryan Reynolds said they found him in Iraq? Which is it, Davey?

Aside from contradictions, having no fluency with the original or sequel, being a virtual carbon copy of 2 minus the character devlopment, excitement, creative plot, action sequences, and anything else enjoyable, what made this film so good that you'd consider it to be the best R rated movie of the year, especially with "Collateral", "Man on Fire" AND "Eternal Sunshine" sharing the same rating, and ALL being NOTABLE better than "Blade: Trinity".

TheFilmProphet
1. MOST of the franchises you mentioned took place in the 80's, there hasn't been many more franchises like that in at least 10 years.

2. Well I thought you would know better than to try and include those films on you little list of flops when they aren't even actual flops.

3. Like I said before Wesley Snipes is a difficult man to understand as are his decisions. When it comes down to it you can't compare Segal with Wesley, Wesley has had many more films hit theatres in the last six years than Seagal has and he has alot more on the way. Segal doesn't. I don't think Snipes' "days are numbered" because he is only 41 and Hollywood is still interested in him. Maybe in ten years "his days will be numbered" like Sylvester's days were, but right now Snipes is still going strong.

4. So we are "mad" because we have a difference of oppinion???

5. Its unfair in my oppinion to try and pick apart Blade:Trinity and mentioning what you think are major mistakes because literally every single film ever made has at least 1 mistake or more. There is always a mistake somewhere, whether it be in the story, plot, script, footage, or acting there is always a mistake. If your going to crucify this film then why not pick apart all the other Hollywood films?? The fact is that NO film is perfect.

6. I only said it was the best R film of the year because the poster earlier claimed it was better than Spider-Man 2 and I insisted they were two type of different films so I offered an alternate idea for him to take with his oppinion on both films. As for the films you mentioned, that is all purely your oppinion and mines differs from yours.

Aku
Yeh but all the Blade films have crap endings. The fact is, Blade was good and so what if the bad guy makes deals with him, they do it in the matrix and LOTR.

Matrix - Agent Smith toally let Neo win. (Favour)
LOTR - Saruman lets Gandalf live. (favour)

Savvy?

TheFilmProphet
I didn't have any problems with it.

Cinemaddiction
1) What does the production year have to do with a movies continuity?? Nothing! "Blade" fails to maintain any sense of chronology, and there's no disputing that.

2) I listed them, as they were the only bright spots in the past 5 years of Snipes' career to show I wasn't out to start a smear campaign.

3) I provided Snipes' movies from the last 5 years. His only hits were "Blade" films. Seagal, at 53 years old, is still doing 3 times as many films, and that's because he knows he can't be picky. Snipes should follow suit, regardless of whatever disposition he may bear.

4) Nope. I'm just trying to figure you out. You've got opinions, and no basis. I'm picking it apart to try and show you how your reasoning is off. You either watch and comprehend, or live in your bubble and always deal with opposition, namely, me.

5) I'm picking it apart to show you how your glorifying a movie that is abbhorently flawed, more so than the other films. Naturally, I'll be a lot more crucial of a film I thought was a failure.

6) It's more than my opinion. "Eternal Sunshine" has been nominated for a handful of Golden Globes, so, apparently, I'm not the only one that saw the genius of Kaufman in that one. If you're going to make vague claims about R rated movies, bone up first.

..and that's the difference between us. You'll settle for mediocrity and a cop out ending, where as I won't. Especially after being such a faithful fan to the franchise.

TheFilmProphet
1. After thinking it about it a little more I actually don't think the continuity was that horrible. Did you ever stop to think that maybe the new version of the serum was perhaps stronger than the last and maybe thats why they didn't bother to go that in depth with him evolving and resisting the serum??

2. It depends what you consider "bright spots." If you are speaking as far as the profit goes then yes I suppose the Blade films were probably the "bright spots."

3. He might be working on more films, but MOST of them don't make it to theatres as where Wesley's films do. Wesley doesn't take every role offered to him and in a way I do respect that.

4. My reasoning is not off, I enjoyed the film for what it was an action driven, comic book based film. It was never meant to be an Academy Award Winning drama that made you think about your life and morals like"Passion Of The Christ", it was made to be an entertaining action film with interesting characters. You are making it out to be more than it was suppose to be.

5. The errors you mentioned aren't even actual errors they are just things you THINK were wrong with the film. You thought it was failure because it didn't meet YOUR standards of a good film, which is a little misquided in my oppinion.

6. I'm not even going to debate which film was better because they are on two DIFFERENT genres of film. I already explained why I made that previous statement so maybe you should "bone up first."

7. You know nothing about the films I enjoy or deeply like. Making such an assumption of my tastes is completely without warrant. The ending was not a "cop out ending", they decided they wanted to leave the door open to the possibilities of a sequel and there is nothing wrong with that when you have a successful film franchise.

Cinemaddiction
Lets drop the numbering bullshit, firstly.

The continuity isn't horrible, it's non-existant. "Blade 2" didn't begin in Moscow. "Blade 3" didn't pick up from London. They keep throwing what is SUPPOSED to be the end all be all of vampires his way, and it gets cheaper and less credible everytime, because we all know he'll win.

As for the serum, sure, I thought about it, but given he had the same effects as the last two movies, and like so many other things, it wasn't explained, I guess Goyer just abandonded that as well.

Really? So, a dead man shapeshifting for the sake of a "haha, fooled you" ending, wasn't a mistake? The plot, being the vampires exposing Blade to the police, then after the jailbreak, the police NEVER PURSUING HIM AGAIN wasn't a mistake? Finding a tomb in Syria, then saying it was Iraq wasn't a mistake? Drake dying AFTER everyone else, although being the first injected wasn't a mistake?

These aren't mistakes, these are glaring errors because the writer/director was too busy with his MTV video styled cinematography, pose downs, and whatever other fluff you can imagine, instead of using that time to come up, I dunno, A COHERENT PLOT?! It's great for people who like eyecandy. Maybe it would have been a better silent movie.

The "R-Rating" debacle. I'm boned up. It looks like you're either backpeddling, or just forgot about the other rated R films released this year. You didn't compare it to any other movies to begin with, aside from "Spiderman", and that was for best comic book movie of the year.

"Blade: Trinity" ending was indeed a copout. Guess I have to explain the convenience in a DEAD MANS METAMORPHISIS? So, "Drake" traipses around for these hundreds of years, and is finally taken out by some black guy with a sword? How that ISN'T a copout to you is totally, totally beyond me, as is how it's a "satisfying" ending. It's a backhanded "open ending" for a franchise that is running in place, after offering up a carbon copy of 2.

In closing, no, I don't know what movies you like, but by the arguement you're presenting, you seem to be easily amused by toilet humor, gratified with mediocre fight scenes, and tolerant of poor acting, and casting.

That's fine with me. Just don't try and call out what I am sharing as some kind of bitter vengeful retort on either you or the filmmaker. I'm just pointing out what I think made the movie a total failure, aside from the obvious..which apparently isn't as obvious to you. That's a shame.

By the way...I'm not out to get you, and if anything I said came across as a personal attack, I apologize. Just want to make that clear.

Loving_Daniel11
I heard it was awesome, I cant wait to see it.

Red Superfly
Well, pretty much everyone I went with agreed that it was Ok-ish, but not really that good.

It was the bloody shameless iPod pushing that ruined it for me. I never take movies seriously when they become a vehicle for the next big overpriced consumer craze. Just in time for Xmas too.

Better than Spider-Man 2? You must be joking.

Since when is slo-motion camerawork innovative and fresh?

The fact that films lack CONTINUITY along the same epic lines as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Back To The Future and so on from the 80's shows how misguided the industry has been for a long time now. Only Lord Of The Rings can claim that same award today.

And when poeple were laughing at the toilet humour, me and my friends would turn simoultaneously, look at ecah other, and shake our heads.

Some of the humour WAS quite funny, but it was a bit over the top and executed poorly. I mean, if one characters entire script is spouting off one liners every time we see him, then there's a good chance at least ONE joke will hit a nerve with someone. Rather than writing universal, concise and above all, genuinely clever jokes, the writer preffered to fire a minigun and pepper the audience with gags until he hit his target.

And, the ending was pants, I have to admit. The series needed Blade to die. It would at least provide SOME novelty to the film, and make it stand proud as a legitimate chapter in the Trilogy.

People who think this film was awesome and one of the best they've ever seen clearly haven't seen an awful lot of films.
And The Reaper dogs were downright confusing. They say they are Vampire Dogs - yet they are clearly Reapers. Do they even remember Blade II?

TheFilmProphet
Well Blade battles vampires all around the WORLD so its no surprise that each film took place in different locations or countries. Of course Blade is going to win he is a super hero, when have has there ever been a film where the hero dies and humanity is destroyed.........never.

Perhaps the serum was explained in one of the deleted scenes. The one thing that I will say is that they did make a mistake by removing certain scenes and alternate endings.

I didn't think it was a mistake, its based on a comic book where things like that happen often. You say the police NEVER persued him again? If I remember correctly they did attempt to capture him again at the end of the film, but failed. The third was perhaps the only mistake. He was Dracula which means he was different from EVERY other vampire. He himself said that he was unique, so he couldn't be killed as easily. Thats why he took a while longer to die.

Overall I can honestly say that there was maybe 1 error out of all the quote "glaring errors" you mentioned. One error isn't actually that bad.

I wasn't trying to compare Blade:Trinity with any other film to begin with. I did not compare Blade:Trinity with Spider-Man 2 that was another poster.

So what your saying is that you find the fact that Dracula was killed by an African-American wrong or not right??? It personally makes no difference to me what the ethnic code or race of the person who killed Dracula was. Frankly your statement sounds a bit offensive.

NO, I am not easily amused by quote toilet humor and what you think was mediocre fight scenes, poor acting and casting. I did not go watch this film for the humor, I went to watch the film as a whole. As a fan of the franchise and the comic books, I enjoyed the film. I think you might be taking this film too seriously and keep forgetting that it is based on a comic book and NOT real life and the world we live in. The film's acting was ok for its subject, it wasn't suppose to have Oscar worthy acting in the film just enough to illustrate the characters.

Cinemaddiction
Awwww..c'mon.

The "police" did show up at the very end. By "police", I mean the "law enforcement that just so happened to be comprised of vampires". Which was when they saw "Drake" laying there, which makes no sense. Why? Because Drake having been injected should have turned to ash, if not return to his vampire form, in addition to, you know, being dead and all, would have been taken in by the coroner, correct? But, when we get to the coroner scene, it's supposedly "Blade". They didn't see Blade at the murder scene, so how/when did they collect Blade's body, when he wasn't even at the scene? Which BEGS the question, again..how did Drake shape shift into Blade when Drake was deaaaaaad!. Riddle me that.

That, my friend, is a glaring error. You see how annoying this gets? Seriously? There's plenty more errors than what I listed. What would be your rebuttal for the others though? They went totally ignored for the sake of "the action".

Gawd, let's turn it into a race issue, and not the fact that Blade was nothing more than a guy with some poison and some upper body strength, yet he alone took down this "vampire" GOD with ease! It was so uncredible, because Blade was nothing compared to this character! How could you not see this as an unfair match-up, and some stupid racial swipe.

Eh, no. I'm not being too critical of anything. I know it's just a movie, one riddled with inaccuracies, sloppy camera work, uninspired performances, miscasting, yadda yadda yadda. Tell me, honestly. Did you think Parker Posey was a convincing ruthless female vampyress bll breaker? Did you find Hannibal King (Reynolds) intimidating? Did you think Wesley Snipes was the one out of place in this movie? Did you appreciate the uncharacteristic toilet humor and dialogue? Did you like how Goyer abandonded major storyline elements for action and recycled fight scenes? Did you like the totally UN-menacing "Drake" character, and his pathetic lines. Did you like the high school geared script? The product placement? The abandonded characters, plots, story development, and total LACK of character devlopment and evolution?

I mean, if you did, great. About 75% of the people liked this movie the first time around, when it was called "Blade 2". Although, it didn't possess 1/2 the failed comedy and "horror" this one so happily provided.

Those things aren't opinions, they are called "the obvious", that is, obvious to those who have watched the movies time and time again, and can smell the inconsistancies, and stench of a movie that has no relation to the other films, other than the title character, which was sadly out of place.

TheFilmProphet
He did mention somthing about fighting with honor and something about a final gift. I think it was a mark of respect because he knew that blade needed to be safe to continue the vampire race. So when blade gives into the thirst he will create a new race. The race they are looking fof. Drake needed Blade alive and not a hunted man. Drake had just about enough energy left to transform into Blade and when he died, he turned back.

It was an unfair match-up between Blade and Dracula, but isn't every battle in every movie that involves a hero fighting a main villain an unfair match-up?? That is what makes it interesting, the fact that the odds are against the hero and in favor of the villain. If the villain were weak and less powerful than it would not be interesting to watch them fight. It has been the main ingredient of every single story worth telling, it traces back to the most ancient of stories of David and Goliath and still is the main point in every action film today.

1. Parker was ok.
2. Ryan/Hannibal was not suppose to be intimidating.
3. No I do not.
4. I appreciated the humor, not neccessarily all of it, there were some jokes I did not laugh at and some I did laugh at.
5. You might think Goyer abandoned major story elements like the serum, but it was self explanatory.
6. I think the character of Drake was menacing especially as his un-shape-shifted self.
7. I didn't think it was a "high school geared script", maybe not the way I would have done it, but still not as bad as you make it seem.
8. I did not enjoy the product placement, but yet again it was necessary to get some of the financing for the film.
9. I disagree with the last few. There were many deleted scenes including fight scenes involving the Nightstalkers and werewolves plus countless others and alternate ending which should fill in any gap in the character development and evolution. (at least for me)

Cinemaddiction
K, knew all of that. Just another obvious "final battle" where the hero wins, regardless. Like the last two "Blade" movies formula. Break tradition for a while, kill the "hero", and make it a little less forumlaic and predictible.

I'll state my opinions on the following.

1) You could literally watch Parker Posey act. She was clueless.
2) With a "**** You" name badge, a ripped physique, and a smart ass temper, it was implied this guy was a major character. Wrong.
3) I did. He was a VH1 Classic viewer at a taping of TRL.
4) The majority of it was tasteless, crass, and again, totally uncharacteristic of the franchise.
5) No, he did. Plenty of times. Serum, needing Drake's DNA sample for the virus and never getting it, the police until the end, the public smear campaign, etc.
6) Drake was more metro than menacing. Only thing he could look intimidating on is a Milan runway.
7) You're right, not High School. Just lazy, and immature. Same thing.
8) Necessary? It was blatant, tasteless, and totally crass. I honestly don't think New Line "needed" the help.
9)Deleted scenes....what? Doesn't that say something to you? That the dleted scenes are, according to you, actually INTREGAL parts to the story? What kind of writer/director sacrifices their STORY for a bunch of blaise eye candy?

Not a professional one. Atleast not one that cares about their final product, but this is Goyer we're talking about.

Something else for you to chew on, which goes back to the inconsistancies of Blade's travels; exactly how does Blade travel across the globe to kill vampires? He can't fly? He can't teleport? I guess he drives a car, although he can't take prolonged trips outdoors?

This is a prime example of why superhero movies are of what we call "static" characters. Spidey is confined to NY, Batman to Gotham City, Superman..NY, although he can fly inconspiciously. Blade, who HAS to stay out of the public light? Your guess is as good as mine, and is anything BUT self evident.

Aku
WTF is this Essays 'R' Us or something?

Cinemaddiction
We're debating the film. Join right in.

Red Superfly
*in Comic Book Guy voice*

Your logic is flawed. Superman is confined to Metropolis, a fictional city much like Gotham City, not New York.

*exit comic book guy mode*

Ah well. Seriously though people, Cine talks sense, and I hope that I am too. Did you find the slo-motion walking "cool"? Did you find the product placement "educating"? Did you find all the jokes funny? Was the action "innovative?".

Seriously, I have played crappy video games with richer characterisation and deeper storyline than this.

Aku
It's not about storyline, its about a black guy whos half human half vamp kicking ass, saying cheesy lines and wiping out half of the vampire population. I mean does any superhero movie have a storyline thats decent?

Thats why metal gear would do so well.

Red Superfly
Erm yeah, that's right confused

The problem is, Blade Trinity has a "plot" and "humour" in an attempt to seem credible. You know, copy The Matrix and all.

Why couldn't it have been just an all out action flick like Predator? Good guy fights bad guy. No poor attempts at being edgy or clever, it just sets out to do what its supposed to - kick ass.

It's supposed to be a popcorn film, but it likes to think it isn't with all the pretentious crap going on.

Aku
Yeh but the comedy in Blade Trinity was done by a sort-of-comedian so it was pretty funny although the storyline was pointless but its still a good film and i respect it not to have TOO much CGI unlike spidey man.

Red Superfly
Seriously? That guy is a COMEDIAN?

That makes it even worse!

Aku
Yeh he was in that show 2 guys and a girl. I think hes really funny.

Cinemaddiction
He's no comedian, he's a failed sitcom actor, turned Hollywood jobber. Most of his works are unintentionally funny.

T.M
i didn't think he fitted in this movie although his part was kinda well played IMO.

Loving_Daniel11
He fits in this movie better than anyone else could play it in my opinion.

rwoonacott

TheFilmProphet
Hollywood wants to milk every comic book franchise for everything it is worth, and Blade did die at the end when they held the test screenings. Although I'm sure New Line must have had some input or BIG part in the ultimate decision of replacing that ending. If a studio thinks there is still more money to be made with a franchise, they won't want to end it that quickly.

1. She wasn't the best, but it wasn't something that ruined the whole film for me.
2. Yeah but like I said before he wasn't suppose to be intimidating, had the character been meant to be intimidating they wouldn't have written in so many jokes for the character.
3. I didn't
4. There were good points in the humor and bad ones.
5. Its always like this in any comic book film, for example Spider-Man was wanted before, but whenever he was fighting someone on ground they never attempted to capture him. Same goes with every other comic book super hero that is wanted by the police.
6. I found the Dracula costume/suit to be a bit intimidating.
7. I'm sure either one of us would have written it differently, but we didn't write it so it was decent as it was.
8. I'm not 100% sure whether they needed it or not, but its often the case with many studios that aren't filthy rich like Sony. For example Revolution studios and the "Baby Ruth" chocolate bars in Hellboy and the Red Bull Hellboy drank, same thing.
9. Well for one I think the werewolves scenes were removed because it was already overdone by "Underworld" and "Van Helsing" before the film was released. Two, I think it was also at least partially the decision of New Line to go with an alternate ending.

How does Hellboy travel to all those far away locations without people killing/capturing him because of his horrible appearance?? How do the X-Men travel in the X-Jet to different locations without being blown out the sky by the authorities?? Its often not explained with full details or reasoning. The manner in which Blade travels is not very important or significant. It isn't something that spoils the film nor is it something that should spark much debate.

TheFilmProphet
true

Cinemaddiction
I'll say this, Blade's world is a lot more plausible, and frighteningly more realistic than the X-Men universe. His means of travel are VERY questionable, given he literally has to stay hidden.

I don't have to pick it apart. I know I'm sounding like a broken record here, but it's flaws literally fell right into your lap.

Of course, your claims are your opinion, and vice versa, so if anyone were to agree with you or me, we're not "right". Those who share the same opinion are in agreement, and nothing more, because an opinion can't be presented as a truth or fact.

TheFilmProphet
True, but I'm afraid it all leads back to its source material on that one. If you or anyone else is going to question his means of transportation and how he can still remain hidden than you would have to look back at the comics as not making that point clear and not the films.

I agree

Cinemaddiction
They could take some liberties, so that fanboys like us can get answers to the most seemingly irrelevant questions. Of course, liberties have also given us the ridiculous "Man-Spider" debate, so maybe they shouldn't toy with the comics afterall. stick out tongue

TheFilmProphet
Yeah they would probably make it seem more unrealistic if they tried to explain how Blade gets from place to place while still remaining hidden.

Some fan boys are never satisfied with a 70-85% based comic book film so they will continue complain and moan about the movies until another comic book film arrives that they can complain about.

Regardless of everything, I am just happy we even have ANY comic book films at all.

BOPRecruit 16
dude, what is up with making dracula/drake look all weird with that strange collared body and horned? What the f**k?

TheFilmProphet
They wanted to create something different from the Dracula who usually has a bad accent, cape, and doesn't look scary.

Cinemaddiction
..so they grab a metro from "North Shore" and he supposedly imposes his will, and looks ab fab doing so.

Great call!

Aku
laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud Happy Dance

BOPRecruit 16
that's a good thing. well, he was supposed to be romanian. before i saw the movie, i had no idea that he had a beast and human form. it was nice that dracula had a sense of honor and told blade that he respected him just before he officially died. also, that he was able to shapeshift and his thoughts on the modern world and mortality, the human race. gave him more depth than any previous version of him that i've ever seen or read. cool

Ichabod
i watched Blade 2 for the first time today and i really enjoyed it. i actually remember hating the original but i watched that when i was young and stupid so i think i'll appreciate it more now that im older and wiser. i think the reason why first-timers love this movie is because it stood entirely on its own and since i can't remember the first, i can't compare the two.

i also find Wesley Snipes very attractive which is kinda weird considerin' im more than half his age. i think his character is very brave and honourable and a superb fighter. he appears very hardcore and emotionless on the outside but has a kind and gentle side to him and i liked how he allowed Nyssa to feed off him and looked out for her despite not knowing her very well. i sympathise for him cos he is such a lonely person. everyone else betrayed him and his only real friend is an old man called Whistler. i think the fight scenes are kick ass, probably one of the best ive ever seen. they just seem so perfectly choreographed and executed and just leave you gasping in shock at times. the scene at the end where he shows Nyssa the sun was very sad and poignant - he lost the first girl he ever had feelings for. and it wasn't fluffy at all as someone mentioned earlier. it would've been way too corny if he kissed her but he didn't which is good! i love the way Wesley talks in this movie too. he is just too darn cool for school.

anyway, those are my thoughts on Blade 2. im really looking forward to the third! damn why am I always such a late fan? now im totally bummed that this is gonna be the final instalment in the franchise. no one can play Blade better than Snipes.

BOPRecruit 16
i agree with you there on what you said about blade two. it totally stood on it's own from the first movie. also, it was nice to see that side of blade in movie two, too bad you don't get to see that side as much in blade trinity. *sigh* bummer... sad guillmero del toro did such a great job with two, too!

Aku
What I thought was cool about Blade 2 was that their was a vampire extermination squad like thing. (Even though they all double crossed each other but it was still cool.) That guy with the samurai swords owned.

TheFilmProphet
Very good points,

Finally someone agrees with me.

BOPRecruit 16
that guy with the samurai swords reminded me alot of kroenan from hellboy, which was also directed by guillmero del toro.

BOPRecruit 16
no problem, tfp! happy sadly, not a whole lot of people can appreciate the blade movies. i'm referring to most of the users at this other forum called blood ties.

TheFilmProphet
Thanks

Yeah not like us unfortunately for them.

BOPRecruit 16
glory, the people at the blood ties forums over appreciate the sophisticated site of vampires and kept saying how bad the blade movies were. they were saying such things as how it ruined vampire movies. stuff like that. oh well, i guess they just didn't understand the value of the other blade movies nor read the comics. i liked the movied just find. there's always a honest and true dark side to vampire movies. not all vampires have to be sophisticated. it's nice to see a darker and more gruesome side of their world to show that it's not such a glamerous and wonderful life as its cracked up to be.

TheFilmProphet
I completely agree with those points.

Its also a great enjoyment for me when I see the character go from the comic's pages I read as a kid to the big screen and a hundred times better.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>