House of a Thousand Corpses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lp_unicorn
Has anyone here seen House of a Thousand Corpses, directed by Rob Zombie? If you haven't, I think you should evil face It's the weirdest thing I've seen in a LONG time, and not that scary either, but the whole story it just excellent. I totally hate the fact that half of it is in negative imagery tho. Goddamn movie companies! But yeah...my fave character is Tiny. If you have seen it, what's ur fave scene? Mine is where the girl is tied up on the bed and Tiny unties her and she's about to leave then she gets caught again. And I love Dr Satan too. Rob Zombie rocks!

Stormeister
I wouldnt know I turned the movie off about 30 minutes sad

lp_unicorn
Why? sad

Aini
there's already a thread about it. I started it.
...btw, otis, baby n capt. spaulding are the best! happy

lp_unicorn
Oh sorry, mebbe I should look around a bit more. Spaulding does rock big grin I can't stand baby's laugh tho lol >.<

Stormeister
ummm. it was stupid roll eyes (sarcastic) I wish I could've gotten my money back sad

lp_unicorn
Oh ok. Yeah the first time I saw it I thought it was pretty lame, but I really like it now. Tho it aint a movie for anyone confused

Stormeister
Theres better horror movie to rent wink

Sarah15
personally i didnt like it..i didnt even watch it all..

Stormeister
me too eek!

Sarah15
thats cool cool

Cinemaddiction
I don't remember it well enough, other than it being another TCM "homage".

BackFire
I enjoyed it, as C-man said, it was a TCM homage, but a good one none the less.

Stormeister
it was crap sad

Aini
big grin

Aini
cool

Aini
Happy Dance

Aini
she is so pretty. no,....although I'm a woman,..I say,... she is hott.

Stormeister
yes she is wink

lp_unicorn
Well I liked it, but then again I seem to like all the stuff that nobody else does lol

not2sharpp666
rockThis movie rocked theres a sequel coming out some time this year called the Devils Rejects

lil bitchiness
Im sorry, but that sucked with passion. It was horrible. I like the artsy bits, but as a whole, movie was....shit.

Evil Dead
wow........not2sharpe666 living up to his name with info on Devils Rejects about 6 months late..........after the movie has already been filmed and is in post production.

Cinemaddiction
"The Devils Rejects" is aptly titled, given the cast of the new movie, and the subsequent failure of it. I doubt the Devil would even watch it, I know I sure as hell wont. No pun intended.

epoxy
I am the biggest fan ever, I seriously have seen this movie like 55 times and I continue to watch it for some reason. I understadn why people migh tnot care for it, buit I have to say by far thius is a great move, with the music and all. Captain S is my fav and I plkan on being him for halloween. SHeRI MOON IS HOT!

epoxy
theres going to be a seond one coming SOON FYI

Stormy_Day
I pity you confused

dean7879
house of a 1000 corpses is great and i cant wait for the sequel which will most definetly be terrific

Stormy_Day
I pity you too closedeyes

dean7879
i pity you for not liking it

Cowboyography
I enjoyed it, I had also just ate a handfull of Boomers.

SelphieT
Okay, I'm currently watching the movie, and I have a question.

When the two characters, Denise and her boyfriend, are put in a coffin, and lowered into this pit like place where eventually you find out its where the Doctor resides, Otis also lowers down a tape player. The tape keeps playing over two things.

I can only make out the first sentence, which is, "Bury me in a nameless grave". Does anyone else know what the second sentence is, repeated after this first line?

steverules
I dunno if I should see this film or not, people seem to have mixed feelings about this film

SelphieT
Originally posted by steverules
I dunno if I should see this film or not, people seem to have mixed feelings about this film

Go see it anyways. You'll never know if you actually like it until you see it.

steverules
May as well...might actually like it

vintageSW77
its a mess but it isnt bad

better than misguided remakes

steverules
Whats the plot?

Pandemoniac
Pretty much the usual 'juppies get lured in by maniacal family & nasty deaths occur' kinda thing. Check the sites for the story. The movie never pretends to have a deeper plot, but the way it is told is pretty stylish, and it does have a good dose of gory insanity and odd humor, which seperates it from other TCM clones. Good casting too.
Not a revolution in horror, but definitely a good watch over a couple of beers & snacks with some friends on a lazy evening.

steverules
Oh cool, sounds rather good

Impediment
Originally posted by SelphieT
Okay, I'm currently watching the movie, and I have a question.

When the two characters, Denise and her boyfriend, are put in a coffin, and lowered into this pit like place where eventually you find out its where the Doctor resides, Otis also lowers down a tape player. The tape keeps playing over two things.

I can only make out the first sentence, which is, "Bury me in a nameless grave". Does anyone else know what the second sentence is, repeated after this first line?

It's a slowed down version of Aleister Crowley's poem "The Poet", read by himself, found on CD called The Great Beast Speaks which is the only known recording of Crowley.

I believe the second half goes "I came from god ........the world to save."

What do you hear? Listen for yourself.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Impediment
It's a slowed down version of Aleister Crowley's poem "The Poet", read by himself, found on CD called The Great Beast Speaks which is the only known recording of Crowley.

I believe the second half goes "I came from god ........the world to save."

What do you hear? Listen for yourself.

Oh wow, you are amazing Impedy! I didn't think anyone would help me out with that!

Impediment
313smart

Nordicdusk
Im a big fan of Rob Zombie since White Zombie. I love the 2 movies he has done not seen Halloween yet but 1000 corpses is a great movie. Has a great 70s feel and great characters.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Nordicdusk
Im a big fan of Rob Zombie since White Zombie. I love the 2 movies he has done not seen Halloween yet but 1000 corpses is a great movie. Has a great 70s feel and great characters.

His first two films, are waaay better than Halloween. That's my opinion however.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.