hmmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ladygrim
last nite i watched fellowship of the rings and when it finished i was puzzling over the fact of gandalf ,

did he help saurman by telling him bout the ring (frodo/shire ) because if he didnt go saurman wouldnt of known that the ring was in close reach
mite be just me and i know its how the story goes but if it was differnt roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gorgoroth
You mean the movie, I see, and that is where the storyline becomes contradictory.

Smodden
had he not gone...the good side never would have know that saruman is now a traitor...so some good did come of the visit.

ladygrim
very true ..

Exaggerator
sure that was needed

ladygrim
they would of found out sometime tho ... but i supose sooner rather than later is better ...

Exaggerator
yeah, indeed

Imagine that one

They go through the gap of rohan - suddenly Uruk-Hais come, followed by Saruman... "Hello, friend, give me the one ring in the pocket of this cute little hobbit"... The End...

The Innkeeper
Saruman is not a traitor!
he got in too deep with the wrong people

He WAS going to ask gandalf for help and forgivness

But noooo gandalf was too busy to be imprisoned at the top of orthance and to help an old friend

Camellia
Maybe I haven't watched the film enough or it was so long ago when I last saw it, but I thought that (in the film) that when Gandalf arrived, seeking help, Saruman was already aware of the goings on in the Shire and the Ring.

He's says 'I have seen it' and then shows Gandalf the Palantir. And talks about The Nine reaching somewhere, can't remember where.

I think that's right anyway.

I haven't missed the point, have I?

ladygrim
think so

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.