World Series of Poker 2004

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr. Strangelove
I loved this stuff last year especially all the different personalities like Phil Helmuth, Scotty Chan and Dutch Boyd. Amazing what TV does because last year there was 850 people in the 2003 World Series, this year theres over 2,500.

Evy_O
omg! I love poker happy I never knew there was such a thing as world series though messed

is that qualified as a sport? messed

Corlindel
Poker on TV ? eek!

Dr. Strangelove
Well for anyone interested its on ESPN at 6:00 west coast.

G.P
Poker is a game, no question about that. But I think we can make an exception...

forumcrew
i think you mean johnny chan the 87 and 88 world series champion.. watching it is great im planning on entering it in a few years i play no limit holdem all the time its a great game

Dr. Strangelove
Oops my bad. I dont think I could play professional poker as I have a terrible poker face.

forumcrew
binions (where they do the world series) runs much smaller turnaments all the time as low as 50 or 60 bucks i play much bigger turnys with friends but i love the game and hope to be in the big one some time.. poker face is easy just never react to anythign good or bad lol do what moneymaker did last year use sunglasses and keep ur hand over your mouth

Dr. Strangelove
I would show emotion somehow if I got a good hand. I'm just terrible trying to keep a stone face, I would show a smile somehow.

Have you played against any famous poker players?

forumcrew
no i havent.. im not at that level yet.. i did win a few houndred last night though.. looking forward to a new episode of some world series action tonight at 9-11..

and if you ever thought about getting one of those poker books out there (theres a shit load) i recommend super system by doyle brunsan i read it and its informative and real interesting

Dr. Strangelove
Ill pick it up one of these days. I hope theres some stuff on how you read people because it looks like a sixth sense almost.

G.P
Topic people. Since Poker isn't genuinely a sport, I'd like you to keep it on the World series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.