the Official Spiderman comic thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VENOMfan
Well this thread is for all of Spiderman's comic's

Marvel Knight's, Spectacular Spiderman, Marvel Age Spiderman, Ultimate Spiderman, the Amazing Spiderman all of em

there are a lot of big stories coming out soon for all of Spidey's mainstream comics

now you can discuss them here

Spiderman_RJ
well now its official roll eyes (sarcastic) , u can delete my unoficial lamer, evil face ,but still good will thread cool .
dont close just delete...........
i can help with question about the very fist spiderman comics

my questions
1) if octopus had his bone broken by kaine how he came back?
2) who was that lamer octpus girl who spider beaten a lot
3) who is that back spider like guy who beats spiderman (pete) but dont kill him cos hes honoured(in that time spiderman was being chased by murder, but was still looking for normie)
4)why venom dont die (no im not teasing you baddiegirl) i mean venom was killed by that guy with lethal touch, i think stinx,but survived, it couldnt stand sonic waves but survived, then brock joined the alien suit PERMANENTLY but he chooses twice to leave the simbio who just leaves, and in 2 times he s separated of his simbio by force (what should imply their deaths ) but keeps on.....
5) if the simbio carnage seeked for a stronger host why the heck he leaved spider sucker ben reilry man and just picked some1 else,(by the way thats lame cos the simbio was supose to only be used since he was born from the traitor one.
6)what happened to the hundreds clones scarlet faced on jackass hideout? (this is kind sarcasm from me, i think they just vanish like all the others)
7)is norman still with peter parker daughter?
8)was the green goblin who was nnext to normie on a old car place ,harry?

venomfan u guys took long to make this kind of thread it should be one of the first ones official.but rather late than never.

now guys ur turn.........

VENOMfan
I could just delete both.

Spiderman_RJ
then do it!!!!!!!!!! or ur trying to prove something??
grow up!

VENOMfan
Lordy, didnt I tell you already? You cant make official thread's those kind of thread's never move down threw pages they are >stuck< at the top of a page.

You complain about this and that, always are following my post's and why?

If you have that big of a problem with me settle it threw PM. stop clogging up this forum.

Spiderman_RJ
edited...............whatever shutted up

VENOMfan
"what clogging?" he say's

being constantly off topic for one. I told you PM me

Spiderman_RJ
u havent answered none of the above whos offtopic here?

badsymbiote
confused Uh, oh! Trouble's a brewing in the Spidey forum again...

Boy, how about that Ultimate Spidey, huh? Gosh, I love that book.

Spiderman_RJ
yah ultimate is cool , my favorite and best spiderman drawing is there the marvelous mark bagley, ok john romita jr is also a hell of a ilustrator but i learned to love bagley pics more.i just dont like the hulk godzila goblin and the fact pete tells mj hes spiderman.
PS: no problem going on. i already forgot what has never happened.

badsymbiote
I know you love Bagley's work. That's why I mentioned Ultimate Spidey. See how sly I am? wink

Spiderman_RJ
yah, right.........
new question
1) what happened to MJ cousin ? that teen girl she was cool......

badsymbiote
Honestly, I have no idea. I hadn't read USM for a while, but I did grab Carnage pt. 1, though I have yet to read it. Maybe tonight.

Manowar
I think Marvel Age Spider-Man is a crap. And so is Ultimate (sorry guys)...im a good ol' fashioned Amazing Spider-Man fan stick out tongue

Spiderman_RJ
u dont know marvel age what is it about? thematic spiderman ? like medievel,samurai?

retrogirrll
I need help. I was wondering who could tell me who the hob goblin is. Some people tell me that it is Harry Osbourne, but I thought that he becomes the Green Goblin, just like his dad. Hopefully someone can clear this up for me. Thanks.

VENOMfan
there are a few Hobgoblin's Harry never becomes the Hobgoblin, he is the second Green Goblin tho

the Hobgoblins Donovan ,Leeds ,Macendale and the greatest of em all
Roderick Kingsley.

IMO the Hobgoblins are the superior Goblin. just my opinion

greenreject182
I'm becoming a big Spider-Man fan, and I want to read the comics, but I have no idea where I can buy any. If anyone lives in Utah, maybe close to a place called Magna, could you tell me a place where I can buy them. Thank you. Peace out.

Spider-Girl
This thread is a stupid idea, this forum is based on the comics, we might aswell not have a Spidey forum then if theres on thread deticated to the Spider-Man comics.

Spider-Man Rj why are you telling others to shut up when I believe you called me an @$$hole? oh yes, those but be the un-mistakable words of maturity roll eyes (sarcastic)

spider-venom
ok ultimite spiderman they totally ruined venoms character, supposubly they symbiote is not a symbiote at all its a substance that eddie brock and peters father made to cure cancer.... why?!?!?!?! thats soo stupid keep it with the origanal idea JJ going in space and bring the sybiote back !!!! but whatever i still enjoyed reading it

Spiderman_RJ

Spiderman_RJ
by the way this is a great idea. cos everyone can put their questions related stricted to comics subject here and found if available a reply, instead of loading the server with randominc thread ,and very often the same questions

Manowar
first off, i dont understand your english. secondly, are you talking to me or someone else? because if you talking to me, than yes i do know what marvel age is, its Spider-Man re-created for young readers, so its kiddie, boring, and corny...and they also have a marvel age fantastic four thats the same way

retrogirrll
Thank you Venomfan. I had an idea that Harry was not the hob goblin. But I did not know that there were more than one hob goblin. Do you know of any good websites that could give me more information on them and on all the other spiderman villans?

Thanks Again

Manowar
go to www.samruby.com

badsymbiote
Yo! No need to harsh out on the title. Sure it's kiddie--it's MADE FOR KIDS. I read these to my own as bedtime stories, and they're good--also I don't have to worry about screening them ahead of time, and that always nice. When you have children of your own, you'll appreciate this stuff more. The Lizard is my eldest's favorite, but I think that Conners' story is pretty heavy subject matter for 5 and 7 year olds, don't you agree?

(The site you posted above is one of my faves--totally comprehensive and very fun.)

Spiderman_RJ
how was venom 2099 created?

VENOMfan
Well It's just some other guy with the same Symbiote. I never got into Venom 2099

Spiderman_RJ
that dont mean much...............its look like robot

VENOMfan
confused1not exactly sure about that

Spiderman_RJ
ok it looks like jason X

Spiderman_RJ
about spiderman comics, theres one where eddie has cancer, and the simbio leaves him and then they join again , i didnt read it at all, why the simbio goes back to him? (does the simbio estill loves peter??)

Spiderman_RJ
something else if the venom simbio seems to be a loser,wimp, and diferent prefering to host and be used, how the heck he ate people, and got off brock body?(if their conection was completed),and got someone else to host?

VENOMfan
Isnt this a Spiderman comic thread? and yet were talking about Venom....

I will answer these in the other thread.

back to topic

VENOMfan
geeze....Marvel Kight's really is good stuff. I just checked out part 4

have to say it almost made me sick. I thought the Vulture was a waste of time but this was gooood

a little discription: the vulture robbed the owl. Spidey foils his plan.

it turns out the Vulture's nephew has lukemia and the money was for his treatment, Vulture comes back to settle the score and black cat kick's his ass BAD

cut to Electro being interogated by the Owl, he's drugged and the bring in toom's who is beat to a pulp. It dosent look good for Electro or the Vulture.

man this was good stuff every Spiderman fan needs to see this

Spiderman_RJ

VENOMfan
Really? well...I think if you look up Spectacular Spiderman vol 2....15 or 16...

anyhow It's the arc called "the hunger" that entails all of the symbiote/adrenaline/ business.

anyhow you get Marvel Knight's right? man that was a great read. I think Im going to start getting this series regularly. it was DAMN good

Spiderman_RJ
yah, i do. i also getting my reprint of the last kraven hunt, i always wanted it since when i was a kid and saw it at the airport newpaper, but at the time it was in dollars,and in english,wich i had no idea yet,so i rather picked the spiderman honeymoon, wich i loved cos it was in brazil, my country.

VENOMfan
well you should check this out for now. very compeling stuff

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/marvel/mkspidey4/cvrpage.html

Spiderman_RJ
i like this guy artwork , u know who is he?

badsymbiote
His name's Terry Dodson. Also,

The SSM arc that VENOMfan mentioned above occurs in issues 1 through 5.

Spiderman_RJ
oh boy, i must get marvel kight spiderman4, oh boy.oh boy .aff aff aff. i just saw a preview.also spiderman 504 has nice story.
spoiler me , JJ find out peter is spiderman? i think the woman in mask is gwen but who is the other guy in spidermn 504? i though it was harry but when he took the mask off......
if u want spoil on my PM

Spidey-fan#1
Hi guys i'm new

Spiderman_RJ
hi dude

Spidey-fan#1
could u tell me where i can buy marvel knights comics

Spidey-fan#1
or any Fantastic Four comic's

badsymbiote
Hello...

Well, if you don't have a comic shop near you, you can always go to

http://www.marvel.com

http://www.milehighcomics.com

Marvel has finally updated their site, and milehigh is one the best in the business, and gives awesome sneak peeks as well.

Mane
has anyone read Sins Past part 2? i thought it was awesome! such a great story and twist at the end!!

badsymbiote
No, I only have part one and I haven't even had the time to read that. I HAVE to have a comic cram session and get that old stack of books out of the way before tomorrow's releases, which will take precendence over all others.
But if you say it's that good, I'll put on top of the others and snag the second while I'm out getting the new stuff. The guy at the comic shop is putting my stuff to the side, but they never get the stuff on the shelves fast enough. I warned him today to be ready for me tomorrow....

SpikeSpiegel
I've read part one and I've ordered part 2, I'm just waiting for that to arrive.

badsymbiote
Yeah, I got it today. You're absolutely right. EXCELLENT STORY!!! Thank you for mentioning it, I read the 1st part this morning, and the second this afternoon. Quite unexpected event and twist. Thanks for recommending it, but what I wanna know is,
How'd you get yours so early?!? My comic shop hadn't even taken it out of the box yet, which is just the way I like it. Never touched by human hands........

jarizal2000
who is venom anyway is he harry or what

nail_bunny
Does anybody know which series the Doc Ock with the trench coat and slick back black hair was from. I cant remember and Im trying to find some pics of him

Invertmylateral
The "Matrix" Doc-Ock would be from "Spectacular Spider-Man: Countdown" i loved his tentacles in that one.

badsymbiote
If you don't know who Venom is, find out. He is definately worth the time. Take a look at the great character bio that FeceMan has been kind enough to furnish us all with. I found it for you--it is located in the Venom vs. Carnage debut thread--on the first page. There's also a great one on there about Carnage, if memory serves. That's an excellent place to start. There's plenty of info that the other members and I have posted about Venom even in the few months that I've been here, and we're always actively adding more to the "database", as it were.

SpikeSpiegel
It just arrived, great story. I never expected that twist. I've seen 511's cover, but I can't find any of the others anyone know where I can find some pics of the other two covers?

badsymbiote
Oh, I am exceedingly bad with numbers--you'd have to tell me what the covers look like to jog my memory. If I've got it, I'll scan it for you (well, and myself).

SpikeSpiegel
They're not out yet, they're Sins past no. 3-5

badsymbiote
Oh, OK--but I'll see if I can lay my hands on a couple of them, anyway.

badsymbiote
Here is the edited version of the next one...

badsymbiote
I have the unedited version of that as well, but feel it wouldn't be right to post it. Here's the cover of #512

badsymbiote
And the next. Sorry it took so long--I have my niece staying the night and we were playing Pokemon: Master Trainer.

SpikeSpiegel
cool, I've seen the unedited one somewhere anyway, I've just never seen those last two

Spiderman_RJ
man i suck, i cant be a spiderman fan, theres so many types of spiderman comics, that never came into my country , and sure wont. and i still had problem to buy the one who came...buwaahhhhh

SpikeSpiegel
The only ones I've seen in the UK are astonishing (which I can't find any info on, seems as if it doesn't exist, also looks kinda odd as in big and sorta beano like) and ultimate. I get amazing from www.comix-shop.co.uk

Mane
well i dont feel like driving 30 minutes to my favorite comic shop, so i just go to Marvel.com and i subscribed to Amazing Spider-Man. delivered right to my doorstep wink. the subscribers get the issues like almost a week before anyone else. AND subscriptions are cheaper

badsymbiote
Home delivery definately has it's appeal, but so does a weekly trip to the comics shop. If you don't get out there, there's alot of other stuff you miss, you know? Besides, sometimes the trip is more interesting than the purchase. Only sometimes, though.

Mane
oh definitely. and i still go there for stuff, just not Amazing Spider-Man wink

badsymbiote
Still, you got your before I got mine--and there's something to be said for that. Can't wait for part 3 of Sins Past.
Love your new signature, by the way--SIMPLE, and VERY cool.

Mane
thanks.

Spiderman_RJ
another goblin? man marvel sucks,great mike deodato being in spiderman and also tha chaw cho shang whatever is his name, doing the octopus stuf, great art from both

badsymbiote
You mean Frank Cho? He'e the one doing the current MKS arc "Venomous". I'm assuming that's who you're alluding to...

Mane
Sins Past part 3 ships on the 25th. i cant wait! its gonna kick ass smokin' . im really liking this Mike Deodato's art...

hotsauce6548
wait a minute i just got dun reading the most recent amazing spider-man and is peter the father of the two ninja's or wutevr??? or are they simply gwen's kids? wut i'm trying to say is, did peter inpregnate (sp?) gwen so he's the father or what???

Mane
i was wondering the exact same thing. but i guess well find out in #3 then wont we?

that would mean Peter's got a baby's momma! lol

badsymbiote
I just figured as much, I guess, but I'm thinking that Gabriel and Sarah don't know or understand EXACTLY who he may be, if you follow me...
I assumed that they just felt that he was responsible for 'her' death. I couldn't imagine that they could be so angry if they knew their own true genealogy.
At least, that's what I took from it.

SpikeSpiegel
The way I get it is that the twins wanted to kill Peter as they thought he was their father and he abandoned them, maybe Gwen left them with pictures and other objects that showed this, and they wanted to kill Spider-man because he was "responsible" for their mothers death. This is all based on the line "We came here to kill two people, but now we only need to kill one" I also get the feeling that Peter's conflicted mind over whether he or GG killed Gwen is settled as in the 1st part of sins past the flashback shows her neck snapping.

Mane
could be. but i dont know if those are his kids, because theyd have to either still be teenagers or Peter is older than i thought...

badsymbiote
Well, he is the more adult Parker--not Ultimate age--he appears to me to be in his very late 20's or early 20's--but I guess I hadn't thought too much about it--I was just intrigued by the freshness and slant of this premise. Can't wait for the next. That ought to clear some stuff up for us.

Mane
definitely. i heard there was going to be 5 Sins Pasts.

badsymbiote
I read that, too. Good. That leaves plenty o' pages for some explanantions.

Mane
definitely

tomhopeparry
Hi, i was wondering if somebody could help?

so theres the amazing spiderman, the spectacular spiderman, spiderman unlimited comics, etc etc... but...

1)which order do these go in? do they overlap?

2)why are there so many different versions of 'spiderman' comics?

hope somebody can answer this!
thanks
tom

badsymbiote
There are so many titles because there are so many fans--it's an issue of marketing. Marvel Age Spidey, for example, is for children, featuring more kid-friendly storylines, and significantly less violence. On the other end of the spectrum, you have your Ultimate Spidey and Marvel Knights Spidey, which are geared toward pleasing older adolescents and adults. Go to marvel.com for more info

Mane
Amazing Spider-Man is the best.

badsymbiote
I love ASM, but I love Marvel Knights (referred to as MKS by many) even more, as well as Ultimate Spidey (USM). Hope the abbreviations help rather than confuse you.

tomhopeparry
Thanks

I'm just wondering though, from what i can see only ASM and USM seem to start from the start, made me think that stories overlapped in the other comics. do they?
If you were to read all the comics from the start (would take a long time I know) then which order would you read them all in?

Spiderman_RJ

Spiderman_RJ
by the way the kids should be 13 years old

badsymbiote
Well, you seem to have so much time on your hands, so why don't YOU find out for sure?

I"ll be happy to admit it if I am wrong, though I think you read way too much into whatever you're talking about that you think that I wrote. Just be sure to note the source so I can check it out, too.

But I was just gonna, you know, read the friggen comic next week to get my information. Have it your own way, I'll take it mine.

Boy, it's been a while since we had a disagreement, huh? Sure is fun.

Mane
now badsym, calm down roll eyes (sarcastic)

badsymbiote
Yes, I'm fretting pretty heavily, here. I may lose some sleep over this...but I doubt it.

Kontraz
which continuity is Venom vs Carnage in? Cuz some of the dialogue really confuses me cuz it doesnt match up with some past events...

Spiderman_RJ
miss simbiote, parker should be aged 39 or 40 by the way the comics are, but marvel dont acept parker to be old,thats what they most fear, the main reason behind ultimate series, so he is in the middle 30s, i thinnk marvel consider it to be like 32 for not being so old. (ers i dont mean what u are thinking)
the source i have is from the comics itself, like when he says it has been 8 years since what happened like well, at the time he had 24 so plus 8 = 32,ok not so hard is it .? LOL i take this thing very serious . but marvel dont.

i dont even have V vs C, it may ship into my country in 2 months

oh and i dont read that, much. i dont even read spiderman anymore and thats for 5 years,but i do remember such things, at the time spidey was my life, just like my pc is now roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shmuel
hi all-I just joined and I like this forum especially this thread. let me start with a question for you. I have a bunch of old amazong spidermans and old spectacular spiderman with a bunch of annuals-I want to read them all in order but I have no idea which came first or second or what (I know amazing spiderman came first but I dont know when to go to spectacular and when to go to annuals) anyone have any idea of the patterns of how to read all these series's??

just noticed that tom asked this question but I guess I shouldnt delete what ai wrote because no one really answered him.

badsymbiote
I usually order my own comics in their release date--it just works for me, but as for the chronology, I'd say generally ASM is the standard book to go off for for a basic timeline.
In comics, however exceptions to the rule are the rule. Sometimes when I start reading a book, and I can't figure out what story preceded the one I'm reading, I just have to get some of the old ones out to place the story.
If you want more specifics than this extreme generalization, you'd have to give me some more titles and/or arc names.

Spiderman_RJ
http://www.spiderfan.org/ may help you

tomhopeparry
hey thanks spiderman rj, that link was really helpful!

the only thing that im still curious about is does, say for example, the stories from ASM link through spectacular spiderman etc.. or do they generally have nothing to do with each other at all?

badsymbiote
Some of them play off of each other--and some of them are completely unrelated. At first it's confusing, but the more you read, the more it all makes sense.

Mane
I JUST GOT SINS PAST PART 3!!!!! OMG this is crazy! youll never guess what happens!!!! if someone needs spoilers, ill be glad to indulge you.

Spiderman_RJ
indulge me.

Shmuel
thank you spiderman MJ-I couldnt have asked for a better link.

Shmuel
oops sorry make that spiderman RJ

badsymbiote
For your chronological issues you mentioned, here's another good site-

http://www.chronologyproject.com

and here's Marvel's dotcomics site--

http://www.marvel.com/dotcomics/

and of course, a fan favorite--galleries, games, bios, and much more

http://www.samruby.com

Shmuel
Hello again all:
I was reading just now a series that came out in 2002-Spiderman and the Black Cat-the evil that men do-it seems to only have 3 parts but the third part says-to be continued. Anyone know where it continued??

SpikeSpiegel
Is this it? Here

Shmuel
no, it was titled "Spiderman and the Black Cat-Evil that Men Do" from 2002.

thekingofmikes
The simbiote hates peter... Peter tried to kill it with a giant church bell. (flew to the bells, the sonics from the gonging drove it from it's body.) The reason the simbio teamed up with brock was because they both shared a hatered for peter/spiderman

thekingofmikes
Thats because Kevin Smith (who I believe wrote it) the guy who made the jay and silent bob movies never finished the series, or at least I think... I am not familiar with spidey comics from that time frame...

thekingofmikes
Ok to clear up the spidy thing: The first spiderman comic is Amazing Fantasy #15. If you have this one, send it to me and I will trade you all of my web of spiderman comics...
Next came amazing spiderman#1 which was the first spiderman series. After a while they came out with web of spiderman, peter parker the spectacular spiderman, plain old spiderman, and some other ones that didn't last. Usually the books cross back and forth. This is called a "crossover" when a story goes into more then one issue. You can always tell by reading what issue you have to buy next on the letters page of the comic. If anyone has an spidey question about the older series' I can pretty much answer anything. As far as this new age spiderman stuff, I am not so caught up on it... I did pick up a copy of MK spiderman though, and it's pretty good. I dropped Ultimate Spiderman because they messed too much with the original, but I do agree Bendis is a good writer, and the stories aren't that bad...

Mane
dont forget Spider-Man Unlimited. i dont rally like Ultimate Spider-Man, but i like Ultimate Venom.

nbg430
I think that that ultimate spider-man is one of the best and probably the best (apart from marvel age spider-man) for new readers

nick1811
ultimate spiderman is probably the best

badsymbiote
Yup. me, too. I do read Ultimate Spidey, but I like both Amazing and Marvel Knights Spidey better.

Nice av, Mane.

Mane
thanks big grin

fever red
All your avs, honestly, have been very nicely designed.

Mane
thanks. i just get pictures and put them together.

fever red
It's a knack then- the lay-outs really flow.

Mane
thank you. you definitely have an artistic eye.

badsymbiote
Speaking of artistic, our store shelves have finally been graced with the long-awaited Venom #18!!!!!!! If you don't have one, get one. The guy at the dowtown comic shop saw me come in and told me he finally got it. It was pretty worth waiting for, the art was great, and the story was excellent.

I also snagged Rogue #3, Marvel Knights Spidey #6, and Venom vs. Carnage #3, of course. Good books--the lot of them.

Fever red--I'm going to scan this pic of Cletus that I know you'd like--it's from the new VvC book. I'll try to get it on here tonight as well.

Mane
YAY!!! J FINALLY GOT HER HANDS ON VENOM #18!!!!!!

badsymbiote
Aw--you're sweet! Thanks--and it IS AWESOME.

I didn't expect it to be in today, but went in for some other stuff, and the guy said "Your book is finally here!"

badsymbiote
Everybody go out and get one of these...

Symbiotica
Crap, crap CRAP!!!! I have to wait another two weeks to get my copy, between this & V. vs. C. I'm gonna die waiting.

I am hoping Eddie TRASHES the FF headquarters/lab whatever. But don't spoil me, don't spoil me....!

badsymbiote
Don't worry--I wouldn't do that to you.

grey fox
DAMMIT WHY THE HELL WONT THIS COUNTRY PRINT THESE EXCELLENT COMICS (although i just had a thought Patricia and Brock i think there could be a romance there whereas Ann could't accept the fact of her ex being two beings plus a murderer plus occasionally homicidal (of course i thought she might have understood after her bouts of being she venom ) but she didn't so there was no rekindling of that little love flame but Patricia she understands in a sense and both the venoms would understand each other, ahhh true symbiote Love is there nothing happier

SpikeSpiegel
Grey Fox, do what I do. Order them off Comix-shop.co.uk

badsymbiote
Tough to argue with that logic. The perpetually practical Spike Spiegel, Ladies and Gentlemen. I like it when he visits the Spidey threads-always helpful beyond expectation, and not nearly as deranged as any of the rest of us, who are all prone to succumbing to our own madnesses once in a while.

Boy, fox--you JUST thought of a relationship between the two? I've been writing about since at least May or June, though I thought it was really one sided. I knew even before the two encountered each other that Eddie would be drawn to the resilient but still feminine Army-trained heroine.
It was obvious that he was enraptured by her when they first met, but what surprised me was the way Eddie's symbiote accepted Patricia's clone, and didn't seem to feel threatened by it at all.

Mane
gosh...badsymbiote is my kind of woman.

Symbiotica
See, this makes the book getting cancelled all the more distressing.

It would have been really neat to see Patricia struggle a while longer with the concept of being a host. Since her control-device is shot, it would have been interesting to see Eddie be the only one who can help her control her symbiote. She doesn't like Eddie, or *either* symbiote, so she'd have been forced to keep company with these "loathsome" beings... meanwhile struggling with her animal attraction to Brock

So we'd have Patricia struggling to control her symbiote AND herself. Trying to do the "right" thing. Meanwhile Brock is continually tempting her to become what he is, to stop fighting and surrender. As time passes, her determination not to give in begins to erode...

I'd like to write this up but I do NOT have time... I hate studying ... it would make a hell of a fanfic. And that's probably the only way we'd ever see such a plotline, because given the choice between hackneyed and something really cool, Marvel's going to pick "hackneyed" 99 times out of 100. They rarely delve into any complicated concept.

This book being canceled really, really ticks me off. It could have went into such interesting and uncharted territory.

badsymbiote
That's why I liked this book so much, too. It had so many different sub-plots and was a really intricate story. I'll always wonder what could have happened. After you read this one, we can really get into this. I would love to get into and analyze the possibility and aspects of a relationship between them with you.

I have many theories about why this book was so unpopular.

The first is that the story began backwards, and that lost the interest of many people from the get-go. Most just don't have the tenacity to try to see a story through to the end--especially a story as complicated as this one (which I felt was among the most involved stories I've ever read in a comic, made more so by the amount of content in relation to it's miniscule longevity). I heard at least several friends say that they liked it, but they had to read each issue two or three times to be able to comprehend it all.
The next thing I found people didn't appreciate was the guest appearance of Wolverine in the second arc--most attributed it automatically as a cheap ploy to sell more issues.
The fact that Eddie Brock was no where to be seen until the tenth or 11th issue didn't help, either, and still more people hate the style of art, citing that as the reason they didn't buy or read it, which I think is a stupid reason. The art was beautiful, but the traditional version of Venom was what they expected, and they weren't able to see beyond that.

Symbiotica
On another board, I once did an informal poll to try & figure out exactly why this book is so hated, because almost everyone says they hate it. Was it the plot? Was it the art? Was it that Eddie was *absent* for much of the plot? Was it Wolverine, The Inescapable Man ? What exactly?

Almost every single respondent said it was the art, much to my surprise. People were open to the plot offered; I think if we'd had someone like Dodson or Bagley on the book it would not be cancelled now. There was an interview with Quesada posted on Superhero Hype a few months back where he stated that Marvel would be returning to more traditional art-styles, and I for one say "Hooray!"

Imagine if we'd had someone like Cho ever!] drawing this book! People would be beating down doors to buy it. Its just all very sad & upsetting. We get something complex for once and the rug gets snatched right out from under us.... I feel a big ol' piece of fan-art with Brock and Patricia coming on. I must work through my grief!

badsymbiote
Yeah, it's nice to see that we got pretty much the same type of feedback. I just think people weren't ready for this yet. I thought I may have been overanalyzing, but I guess I'm not the only one. You are the ONLY other female I've ever encountered that read this book. And you liked it as much as I, and clearly we're both smart, so that means we're right, the book's good, and everyone else is, of course, wrong and sucks for hatin' it. At least, that's my theory.

Bluwe
Lol that was kinda straight forward! The only reason i didnt like the Venom series is because Way never really assumes the reader knows nothing, so he writes like hes reading a book he's read before... if that makes sense... I, personally, loved Young's art. People say he tries to copy Ramos, but wouldnt you? Everyone needs and idle and to learn a style SOMEwhere. Having bad art is no excuse to cancel it whatsoever. I think others just cant take the simplistic style of young compared to others.

I had to read the reviews and then re-read the comics to get the plot. It was just kinda... whats the word im looking for?

Bluwe
HOLY SH.....oot!!! I think Skottie Young put my initials as graffiti in his Human Torch series! Me and him are buds, and it wouldnt just be coincidence that JLC appeared on a wall in a page of it! Lookit this in the bottom left corner!!!

I am so about to ask him if this is what he meant to do. If its not i am really gunna be embaressed. embarrasment

Mane
what happened so ASM #512??? i never got mine and Marvel said it came out on the 29th! theyre pulling another Venom #18 again....

badsymbiote
Hmmm...I don't know. But if I find anything out, I'll fill you in.

Mane
thanks, babe.

badsymbiote
No problem, darlin'. I haven't heard anything yet, though.

Mane
me neither. sad i wanna know whats up with Gabriel and Sarah...

badsymbiote
Don't you have any thoughts about them? Their hostility is understandable--I can't wait to see what happens, but I'm far too spellbound by the Yankees-RedSox series to focus on comics. Even now, I'm turning my head every four or five seconds to see what's happening. I can barely put together a coherent thought. Baseball, baseball, baseball...

Spiderman_RJ
BS you have a nice scan.....................(Venom sucks) and i think that (venom sucks) the recent story about gwen and norman is so lame that if i lived in USA i would assault on rampage marvel office and make some hostages.

badsymbiote
Hey, man, you don't have to convince me--I've been more than a little disenchanted with Marvel several times in the past six months or so as well.

As far as the scans go, thanks. But, honestly, I have been steadilt lowering their resolutions to save space on my hard drive, and I noticed how much the quality suffers, so I have accepted that I must sacrifice space on the computer to preserve the images I love. So, from now on, I'm doing only high res stuff.

Also, the MXC stuff isn't mine--I copped those, and it's almost impossible to find good MXC images on the web.

Mane
MXC kicks. smile

badsymbiote
Oh, for sure. I love the voice work almost as much as the humorous material. I wish I could write for that show, or at least help with the female voices--they're all done by the same gal--and she does a good job, but she never changes her tone or inflection, so it's obvious that she is the sole female voice. Still, it is awesome.
And I love Kenny Blankenship. He's friggen yummy.

But, I digress...what're we supposed to be talking about? Right--Spidey comics. I still never got that last part of Sins Past. I gotta get into the comic shop this week. My buy list is starting to get pretty long.

Mane
Sins Past 5 comes out soon, too.

Spiderman_RJ
mxc? whats that? .i dont know darlin, but here in brazil a cd-rw combo with standart dvd reader is very cheaper, so i believe it would be the case for you to buy one and save ur precious images on a cd,or better if u can afford buy a dvd -rw multireader (so you dont have to worry about what kind of dvd to buy for copy). if here is cheap, there must be much cheaper since dollars is 3 times real. wink
best wishes. you friend neightborhood spidey_RJ

badsymbiote
Yeah, I do save images to cds, but it's hard to catalog them all, so I don't always know what I've already saved--I'm ironing it out, but I do appreciate the suggestions--really. Thanks very much. You're really living up to the title of friendly neighborhood Spidey, RJ. You acting all sweet to me these last six months or so gives a warm, fuzzy feeling.

MXC is a like a reality stunt game show filmed in Japan under the title of "Takeshi's Castle". In the Japanese version, Takeshi is the name of the American dubbed "Vic Romano"--one of the show's 2 host commentators. The other guy's Japanese name is unknown to me, but his American name is "Kenny Blankenship", and I'm in love with the guy, even though he's a stupid ape.
The "field reporters" are two guys named "Guy LeDouche" (a sweet-natured pervert), and "Captain Tenneall" (intelligent but disdainful comic humor). The stunts are hilarious enough, but it's the dubbed commentary which makes it worthwhile television for the brainier audience. Basically, there's a little something for everyone on the show. You should check it out. It's still pretty obscure, but gaining in popularity.

spider-venom
ultimite spuider man
ya i was reading them and i was into them and i read up to vloume 10 but then i just stopeed reasding them and i was wonder in vlume 11 does gwen get killed???? please tell me everything!

badsymbiote
Everything?!? I know alot about many things, but I'm not arrogant enough to claim that I know everything about any one thing.

I may not be the best person to ask this question--I haven't read the book for about 2 months. But, if you'd like, I can send you a very brief basic answer.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>