spider man INDIA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

angiel
spidey is getting a whole new make over. even under his costume. welcome spider man india. he's real name is pavitr prabhakar. i've been reading some of the other spidey forums and they hate it. i think he looks cool. and i think some americans would hate it just for the simple reason of him not being american. and they should have an american release. after all he started in america...

here's his costume. i think it looks really cool...

Manowar
is this a joke or serious? because if it is serious thats crap!! thats possibly the worst Spider-Man costume ive ever seen!!! God, that's horrid!

Spiderman_RJ
manofwar come to think of it was made for the indian for them must be cool(not depreciaitng anyone here)

angiel
i'm serious... the company is called gotham comics under licence of marvel comics. google it.

VENOMfan
Gotham!? I smell a copyright lawsuit........

Spiderman_RJ
its real the spiderfan.org has it there

VENOMfan
I dont think it's a bad idea, It's not like there killing the character.

from www.Spiderfan.org a GREAT fansite if not the best source for Spiderman info on the web. a HELL of a lot better than Marvel.com
anyhow

>>>>>
Gotham Comics and Marvel comics have decided to release an indianized version of Spiderman. In this comic Spiderman is born in Bombay and is given his Spider Abilities by a Tantrik (witch doctor). He has been given a completly new look for this comic. Even the names have been changed.
Peter Paker = Pavitr Prabhakar
Mary Jane = Meera Jain
Uncle Ben = Uncle Bhim
Aunt May = Aunt Maya
Norman Osburn = Nalin Oberoi
>>>>>

See? it's just a Spiderman the people in India can relate too. We still get our genuine Spiderman in all his glory and splender.

the costume dosent look too creative tho....

punkyhermy
I HATE the idea. Firstly, this is discriminating.If the Indains get to have their own version of Spiderman, every other culture and country should.Secondly, why the hell was this necesary? Spiderman is an INTERNATIONAL icon.So what if he in an American? Everyone else seems to have accepted him just fine. This is like burchering the Spiderman mythology.Spidey is not supposed to be Indian.It just does not fit!
It is not original either so it comes off as a total ripoff and a very cheap one.

punkyhermy
next thing I know they will want a batman india!

VENOMfan
I dont doubt it isnt for the money. I still dont think it's a bad idea. It's not like we will ever have to read those comics here in the state's

kinda like Ultimate Spiderman just a differnt take on the character. and If you think this is a big change check out the new Amazing Fantasy!

YIKES!

Elektra_lover
Wow them IKndians sure do have a lot of time. And some nerve.

angiel
wow, such strong opinions. mind you, the gotham comics co. is under liscense by marvel... so whatever happens to spiderman, it was okayed by marvel. and to put it in another point of view... not everybody in the world is familiar with a gamma ray or a genetically engineered spider or kryptonite. i think it is a smart move for marvel to green light this project. same concept, same charaters, just different names... names that allow people from a different part of the world to know a character that we've all grown to like.

hotsauce6548
i think its cool that they have a spider-man in india, and the costume and name have certainly been indianized...

Spiderman_RJ
here is some new previews, beautiful art if the hole comics will be like this iill order my copy, the green guys is really the GG india version the name i forgot cos its unispeakeble

Spiderman_RJ
here

Spiderman_RJ
green goblin = Rakshasa

vvvrulz
Hey lets not have a go at indians here (me being one myself).

While the costume looks pretty lame, i dont see too much wrong with the idea. My only concern is that they might ruin it with poor CGI and acting possibly. But not everything has to be based in the US, other countries should feel free to adapt stories into their own environment.

punkyhermy
i say other culd be more creative and come up with their own stuff.

punkyhermy
i say other contries should be more creative and come up with their own stuff.

punkyhermy
ooooppss!!!!!i didn't mean to post it twice!!!!!!

Spiderman_RJ
what cgi? its a comic book not cartoon ur lolo

angiel
i was a bit confused there myself. no plans of cartoons or movies... just comics.

vvvrulz
Oops embarrasment

Do forgive.

angiel
it's all good.

FeceMan
Look, they don't exactly cater to the highest denominator (sp?). Indians bathe in shit-water.

vvvrulz
Hey cool it man, quit having a go at indians.

angiel
a new low for a newbie...

FeceMan
Zing. I was just sayin' is all.

eddie brock
well the drawings rnt bad but i think we used to the spider-man we got now

§words point
the creater deserves to be shot

FeceMan
No, I think he doesn't look THAT bad. Spider-Man will be more accepted into their culture if he dresses like the people...I'm sure India hasn't exactly had many superheroes, so the whole "tights and capes" thing won't work.

Symbiotespidey
this really shouldn't be done, it's like spiderman the sellout

punkyhermy
I HATE the very idea!!!
Spidey is not supposed to be INDIAN!!!!! mad

who?-kid
Spider-Man in India : it sucks. It's just a cheap rip-off, nothing more. Why not make a Batman in Scotland, wearing a kilt and a bagpipe ? I know why, because it's a stupid idea !

Into the Void
It isn't a cheap rip-off, it's revamping the story for Indian readers...in India. Marvel authorized it, so it can't be a rip-off.

who?-kid
Revamping the story... that's a nice way of saying it. But I call it a rip-off. And who cares if Marvel authorized it, as long as they get their money...

who?-kid
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind if our Indian friends get to know Spider-Man. But why "translate" a successful comic to a completely other culture ? Do not forget there's a huge gap between western culture and Indian culture (religion, social life, politics...).

There's absolutely no guarantee it will be popular in India too. And India is famous for making their own versions of known stories in Hindi(Bollywood). But mostly, they suck big time.

Spider-Man will be no exception, I fear. Just a fast and cheap rip-off in my book.

Into the Void
Why does it matter? You won't be reading it.

PHANTASM
I just fear for my dear Bats.Seriously, I don't know what I'd do if they make a BATMAN INDIA!!!!!

DarkCrawler
I don't have anything against India, but I just don't like stuff like this.

Man, it reminds me about Yugoslavian DD...

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/costumes/yugodd_tn.jpg

"Neboysha"

God.

Into the Void
I hope you fall into a coma.

PHANTASM
shocking

You know I really do not want to fall to your level...
tsk...tsk...

Into the Void
Good, I'm perfectly happy at my level without you being here.

PHANTASM
I can see that...

freezedoom
With that costume, he looks like a kunfu master.
Doesn't he?

FeceMan
No, actually, he doesn't.

Spiderman India
I AM ENRAGED! I actually registered just to answer to these horrible comments! This forum is obviously full of racists! Even the indian guy disses his own people. Comments like indians bathed in shit water. First of all there is nothing wrong with Spider-man India. Just as symbiot spiderman and mutated spiderman, hes just anotherversion of him. Second of all the reason marvel made spiderman india is because indian mythology makes the greates super heros and super villians of all time. Such as rakshasa, he is one of the strongest and most devious demons in all of indian mythology. I gaurentee that he will make a much better super villian than the green goblin ever could. I almost gaurentee that people like Brahma the creator, vishnue the preserver and of course shiva the the destroyer of insolence. As for the costume, if u diss the costume, u diss the ancient warriors of india. The ancient warriors of india dressed that way an weild huge indian tulwar swords and were some of the greatest melee warriors ever known. So if u think he looks like a kung fu master, u right he does. The ancient city of india is the perfect place for the new spidey.With the gates of india and the taj mahal, what better placeis there for this epic story. Lastly, comments like indians bathe in shit water, whoever said that should be ashamed. I wont lie, conditions arent that great in india. Yet, they live on and are some of the most intelligent people in the world. Survey shows that they are the most succsefull immagrants in the U.S. Spider-man india is a hero to many indian boys, sodont ever diss another culture, they have never dissed yours.

crazy
the ignorance of people like punkhermy's is just amazing

Shadow_King
well all i have to say is i think its an ok idea.

Paola
shocking

Shadow_King
whats wrong paola??

mc pee pants
i would like to know as well, what is wrong ms. paola...

ignorance, unfortunately, knows no boundery. and people tend to hate what they don't know or understand.

Shadow_King
Omg i idnt even know people would actually hate this idea. i thought everyone would like it. is everyone mad because its like their stealing spiderman and making a different version of him???? i am confused

mc pee pants
well, in my own opinion, some people don't like the idea of something so american being turned into something else. spiderman has a lot of purist fans and they see spiderman india as a breach in spiderman's integrity... some might even see it as treason or trechary.

Paola
I was shocked he only registered for that..... and 'cause I never read this thread before embarrasment

Spiderman India
well at least some of u guys get it. People do tend to hate what they dont know. But, u see my point, me being indian and seeing all the racist comments about indians i had to answer to that. I still think its a great idea. Soon you will all see. Except for the racists.Nice to see that there are some people who understand these kinds of things.

SPIDER SONIC
smile U racist bastards? hahahah!!!! ehh....

mc pee pants
blink

Punkyhermy
Listen, The SPIDERMAN, is NOT supoosed to dress like the 'oh-so-great indian warriors!!!!!!!Not to mention...he is not supposed to be an indian...
roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

And At least I mind my language!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.