Goths???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark princess
Do you think goths are cool like peple who wear leather pants leather dusters leather jackets black lipstick bloodred lipstick and knee high leather boots??? Stuff like that I was just wondering

Darth Revan
Being a goth isn't about what you wear, it's something like being a punk...

LilKitty
*waits for BackFire to finds this thread*

Darth Revan
laughing

All_For_Orlando
I love gothic people because I AM ONE! Lol, Well not normally..But i do sometimes wear the black lipstick, boots, shirt, bondage pants, black eyeshadow, black shoes.
I look like a vampire stick out tongue

Dark princess
KEWL

All_For_Orlando
yep big grin

Dark princess
You'r pretty

All_For_Orlando
really? thanks smile

Dark princess
No prob and really

All_For_Orlando
smile

SeptemberRain
I dressed goth in 6 years ago

All_For_Orlando
lol

All_For_Orlando
Here's meh not gothic smile

Furious Angel
sure they are...i mean theyre people so yeahbig grin

All_For_Orlando
lol smile

Rabid Tiger
i think it depends on the person, i mean if they are mean and crappy, and no, they suck, but thats how everything is

All_For_Orlando
Im a nice goth. lol

Rabid Tiger
yes

All_For_Orlando
smile I do know some at school that are crazy, and disgusting lol.

Emma718
i know some, and they are cool and nice

Smiling_Sadly
i dont really no any, but i think they are kool, they can really teach others things they really should no!

Blind-Enemy
I've played in a goth band... this is my last month with the band

goths, are kool people, a little weird for me but that's ok

I find some goth girls hot, not all, but the ones who doenst abuse on the image or just pretend...dont know if you understand what I mean

BackFire
Gothics are about as cool as Marylyn Mansons pale, bare ass on stage.

shellie
to each is own

Blind-Enemy
Marilyn Manson is goth as Mickey mouse is satanic

BackFire
Now for my real response. Goths are pretentious, whiny little losers who think by painting their face and looking pale they can be unique. The fact that most of them look like second rate clowns eludes them.

Goths aren't cool, they aren't unique, they aren't special or interesting, they're boring, adolescents who crave attention, even if that attention has to come from them looking like whores, clowns or someone who fell into a can of paint.

Forcizzle
laughing out loud no

Forcizzle
dude that's harsh man

Blind-Enemy
about the unique part you're right
pretentious??? dont see it
interesting, boring ??? that's right!
craving for attention??...

shellie
i see goth as just anther style or way to express your self . nothing more or less . they are not freaks or clowns .

R@ven
um... i always took Blackfires responses in total as quite gothic... probably don't look it but you certainly sound it...

I have hung around the crowd and they are quite cool, but I never dressed it

BackFire
why do people feel the need to express themselves with some crappy clothing from Hot Topic? They're today's hippies.

R@ven
The wanna bes buy clothes from hot topic .... erm

R@ven
I sense you know little...

Darth Revan
hippies don't wear clothes from a chain store, they grow their own stick out tongue

R@ven
like chech and chong laughing out loud

BackFire
Yeah, but they look about a silly.

shellie
matter of opinion

BackFire
Ah, so you odn't think people who paint their face like a mime, wear metal spikes and dying their hair all sorts of wacky colors, just so they can "express themselves" is silly?

shellie
not really .

im not goth but like i said its justa a style . i dont judge you by what you wear but instead by who you are inside .

maybe it sounds cheesy but its true .

BackFire
Shit, and why don't gothics ever smile in pictures, they always go out of their way to look all sad and depressed. Like some pretentious french poet or something. Maybe if they smiled every now and then people like me wouldn't be so annoyed with them.

shellie
smile

R@ven
What goths do you hang around laughing out loud

shellie
i had a friendin school who was goth

R@ven
I know like a whole group that make fun of the punks that are preps gone hot topic ... they just wear black all the time and metallica and pantera shirts erm

BackFire
How do you figure? What particularly is gothic about my responses?

R@ven
they are usually like, deal with it, straight to the point, and usually negative no expression

BackFire
So? That's the exact opposite of how a goth usually responds. Goths usually try to be all philosophical and open minded with their responses. It usually takes them three paragraphs to get to one point.

R@ven
Ummmm i don't know what goths you talk to but....ummm no. when asked about a problem and they know you they can go into the long winded response erm but usually they would just ignore you and say no.

BackFire
Perhaps in real life, I'm talking about a respons on a message board. I wouldn't know about real life, I never had any interest in talking to them in real life. It was bad enough I had to look at them.

R@ven
laughing out loud not all of them are like that... you are falling into the stereo typical view :naughty:

R@ven
I thought you were above that blackfire?

BackFire
Because the stero typical view is usually correct in most cases. It probably wouldn't have become the stereotype had it not.

R@ven
no, its probably what your hero manson laughing out loud tried to create

BackFire
perhaps, the fact still stands that most goths act in the stereotypical gothic manner...(looking sad, acting sad, ect).

R@ven
not quite as sad as more along the lines of hidden anger no expression

BackFire
Some of them may have hidden anger, but maybe if they smiled more they'd feel better.

R@ven
Thats part of the manson mentality... they smile plenty but they usually see thier lives as being screwed over.

BackFire
I don't blame them, if I spent my time listening to Manson and Cradle of Filth, I'd feel as though my life was beign wated too. But I wouldn't go around looking like a third rate mime.

R@ven
no they smile plenty its manson that creates the stereo typical no expression and make up... no self respecting person puts make up on . erm

BackFire
well, lots of goths do.

Paola
As far as I know..... goths stand for an ideology.... they dress like that because of something they believe in, they don't wake up one day and say: "Let's call for a little atenttion" and then dress up all in black.... well some of them do erm but that's not the point on being goth....

they're supposed to stand for a phylosophical thing, they read certain books, they listen to certain music (I don't know much about them but I think they would puke on Manson, considering him a product of merchandising), they're even not supposed to talk or mess with un-goth people messed

anyway, I think only goth girls look great!! yes

R@ven
True goths don't give a damn what anyone thinks and wouldn't dress up or put makeup on for the life of them.

TheRealistKilla
goths suck.

all they are is just depressed kids who just wear black.

R@ven
And rappers are somehow different?

Blind-Enemy
why people keep mentioning the name Manson when the talk of goth?

TheRealistKilla
rappers are diffrent because

1. they dont just sit on ther asses all day wearing black in a deep depression.

2. goths are stupid because all they care abought is saying oh im so depressed so i have to wear black everyday.

if you wear nothing but black clothes everyday that shows depression.

Blind-Enemy
have you met a goth before?

Paola
because Manson looks like a goth? confused big grin

TheRealistKilla
i dated a goth chick before and she seriously had alot of problems.

she slit her her wrists and licked the blood in front of me.

so i broke it off with her because.

1. i dont dig chicks or people for that matter who cut thereselves

2. she wanted to kiss me after she licked her blood so i refused.

Blind-Enemy
every one has to keep in mind that Manson is a clown when it comes to real goth ... he just used the image at the begining of his career, but he's not goth , I can tell you that...

TheRealistKilla
manson is a weird ass mo fo.

hisd music is good but him removing a rib to anyway never mind

Blind-Enemy
ok... just checking 'cause alot of people like to talk shit without knowing anything
I've met chicks like that before , but not all goths have that mentality...

VENOMfan
Hot topic isnt bad, I got my space ghost shirt there. I will whore myself to adult swim without a moment's regret!

and if the shirt is only $20

R@ven
yes, manson tries to create the image of his own twisted entertainment and all others see is that dumbas$

TheRealistKilla
i got a few g-unit shirts from hot topic and a metallica shirt for 15 bucks a piece

Pablo G
Hey dude, Hot Topic has some really kickass t - shirts I've bought at least 4 from there:

-Stewie from Family Guy with the building blocks spelling REDRUM
-Peter from Family Guy showing a shirt that says NO FAT CHICKS
-A shirt with Jules and Vincent from Pulp Fiction that has Jules's Ezekiel 25:17 speech on the back
- The Punisher's skull t-shirt

Pablo G
But yeah goth dudes are pussies that deserve to get their asses kicked and goth girls are just some sort of weird attention whores trying to be different cuz they don't fit anywhere.

Bar-en-Danwedh
here's an old pic of me (about two years ago)
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1847791

it's not the most wholesom smile, but it's a smile...

I wouldn't call my self a goth as such though...
I listen to alot of 'goth' music, and my band is often labled "industrial"
so maybe just a little...

RagingSilent
weird theorymessed...

Bar-en-Danwedh
sorry that didn't seem to work...
here it is.

BackFire
Yes I know they have some decent shirts, but it's tainted because they cater to mainly goths, and to make matters worse, it's fake goths, those little 15 year old ones who think they're vampires because they wear fake fangs. I hate that place, they always have the shittiest music playing.

m!$hA
you shouldnt judge people before you know them! the poll could be 'do you think the APPEARANCE of goths are cool' but you cant judge people before you know them! some may be weiredo's and some may be ur future husban/wife!!!

Pablo G
Some goth chicks do look hot on those mini skirts

Pablo G
raging silent, I don't think you're 100% Goth (thank God) cuz you look like a guy, and goth dudes look like ugly girls.

RagingSilent
um...for starters..im not a gothmessed....secondly, i havent even posted a pic of me....so no one knows wat i look like....

Pablo G
Ohh sorry, I meant this fellow: Bar-en-Danwedh

RagingSilent
pablo>>ohhhhhh ok.....

Pablo G
He kinda looks like Tom Savini

Korri
dont defy the ameoba cell!

Discos
they aint "cool" but I know some goths and they are the people who hangs in the library and go on the computers and talk all proper....

Discos - I dont see anything wrong with them except they scare meno expression

Korri
thats me!

All_For_Orlando
Thanks, Backfire lol. Appreciate your honesty though, i dont care what ppl think about my style, black is what i wear and i luv it smile
Manson Rules, BTW

Korri
yeah i dont care about other people's opinions

All_For_Orlando
big grin

Korri
eek!

Furious Angel
manson is a performer and it's good to keep that in mind...i.e. the make up, costumes, etc....he puts on a show and thats what he's paid to do, not to represent or generalize a whole culture big grin

All_For_Orlando
stick out tongue

Korri
lol

Ellen
lol

Darth Revan
They're talking about Marilyn Manson, the "satanic" shock rocker who wears lots of makeup and freaky contact lenses yes

Furious Angel
he actually does belong to the satanic churchsmart

All_For_Orlando
Yep, but thats not why i like him. I like him cause of his awesome music.

Furious Angel
i like manson as well, one of my favorite bandshappy

Korri
no expression smile big grin

Aini
...be a goth has become very trendy nowadays... at least here it has...

Korri
yeah same here, but the neds dont think so messed

Furious Angel
even though i wasnt around (obviously) when goth first started, i donno...i think in general it's fallen from how it originally was

mini me 0206
elo every1

Korri
hi What the f**k? smile

All_For_Orlando
Same here, Most of my friends ARE gothic lol. Well..a good majority.

Korri
it doesnt make a difference to me if my friends are or not, it doesnt make them different as people smile

SeptemberRain
not near where i live

Deathblow
Its just a fashion statement which has been done to death, give it 5 years and kids will be laughing at how dumb they used to look yes

SeptemberRain
i know i realized that

Aini
yes

Dark Vengeance
Goth chicks are cool till they put on black lip stick and make there skin pale I dont like kissing dead chicks but besiese that there hot

Aini
when i was 13/14/15 I looked like that. never had to make my skin pale... I look like a living dead anyways...

Fëanor
being goth(ic) is a desperate attempt to cry out for help...

unlike wine that gets better with age...the goth trend tends to get very very old...where's the creativity and the newness?

Dark Vengeance
hmmmm

Pablo G
as I said before, Goths are a bunch of pussies

SlipknoT
I always were black but I wouldnt consider myself gothic, in fact alot of goths piss me off because they whine about how there life sucks and how depressed they are.

Hot Topic is an ok store. I got a Metallica t-shirt, and a Slayer T-shirt from there.

All_For_Orlando
Im no pussy...

Dr. Gonzo
I have alot of "gothic" friends...

I used dress like the stereotypical Goth

All_For_Orlando
sad

NyC-gUrL
Goths are cool yes

in fact, even if Im not one myself, I like goths better than 'normal people' (if its ok to call them that confused )

Bar-en-Danwedh
fake fangs...

that's the funniest and sadest thing i've ever heard!!!
rolling on floor laughing

All_For_Orlando
Yeah, im not much for normal people myself..Im wierd

NyC-gUrL
weirdos rule rock

Im weird too big grin normal is boring yes

Pablo G
weirdos rulee not

NyC-gUrL
sad

Pablo G
I'm sorry they just don't I mean have you ever seen a bunch of goths giving the quarterback a wedgiee, or kicking someone's ass ?

Fëanor
laughing ...i'd pay top dollar to see that

NyC-gUrL
laughing out loud no, if you look at it that way, I guess youre right

Darth Revan
Yeah, I know, but a lot of people misinterpret "Satanic" to mean "devil worship"... which isn't necessarily true.

Darth Revan
it pisses me off when people who've never heard a single Slayer or Metallica song in their life go there and buy T-shirts that imply they're fans of these bands roll eyes (sarcastic)

SlipknoT
your avatar is horrifying, I hate spiders

Darth Revan
really? Well I don't care for slipknot too much either, so that makes us even stick out tongue

I'm changing it in a week... after the sig contest is over yes

Pablo G
Slipknot (the band) licks balls !

HockeyHorror
yes

i 99% agree with Backfire

Armo Power!!!

Darth Revan
*in triumph the comic insult dog-like voice* I poop on nationalism!

JKozzy
Isn't this thread racist?

Darth Revan
That's why I poop on nationalism!!

HockeyHorror
yes racism ownz

Armo Power!!!

lol its just me and backfire lol

not much of an army sad

laughing

Darth Revan
I poop on HaTerz!

BackFire
Ironically, still the most powerful army on these forums.

HockeyHorror
laughing

Pablo G
Count me on your army dudes

HockeyHorror
well its an Armo Army (AA). r u Armo?
smile

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>