Free server with FTP?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Peka
hey - i've setup an account at "agreatserver.com", but it won't accept my password when accessing the FTP site. Continued requests to customer service go unanswered (and there's no help section).

Do you know of any good free servers that utilize FTP? geocities is good but you can only upload 20 files at a time, and it's a slow process.

Any help is appreciated!

Raven Guardia
um....sorry, I have no idea.

JKozzy
Then don't post roll eyes (sarcastic)

www.1asphost.com - I use that, 100 MB of free space/unlimited bandwidth. Excellent site. Not FTP, but worth a mention wink

Peka
Thanks for the replies . . .

smile

How do you upload your files to the site? I have a graphics heavy website, and hate spending FOREVER uploading 50 graphics per page 20 at a time . . . when with FTP you can just drag them over . . .

Thanks!

Silver Stardust
50free.com is pretty good, they give you 50 MB of space and a subdomain and if I remember right it uses FTP. Geocities is absolute crap, I used it for years before I finally shelled out the money for my own server. Well worth it yes

Jedi Priestess
Ah PEKA is looking for a new home for us yippee!!

Peka
50free isn't takign new members until January 2004. uhhhhhh . . . . huh? (counts backwards)

Do you guys need a new home? This ones seems to be doing just fine!

Jedi Priestess
no no....I'm a member at Yavin dear......spadesmamma61 ring a bell? LOL and I haven't been able to get into Yavin for days again sad

JKozzy
With 1asphost.com, all you do is zip your grapcics in a .zip file, and upload that. It'll automatically unzip them all for you smile

Peka
Oh DUH! Sorry Mamma, I didn't recognize your screen name, but I should have recognized your avatar!

I've been able to get on Yavin4 today - no luck for you?

geocities.com/yavin4rebels

Peka
excellent. i'll check it out. thank you!

JKozzy
No problem, Peka. And for free domains, check out www.dot.tk smile

Peka
well i signed up with iaphost, and now it doesn't recognize my user name and i can't log in.

AUGH.

JKozzy
Did you supply a valid email? You need to activate it first. You may have mistyped a letter; none of my friends or myself have ever had problems with 1asphost.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.