Which one was better? 1 or 2? (this whole thread is a spoiler, enter at own risk)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
I hope this wasn't already made but I didn't see one.

Anyway, I say part 1 even though it makes me cringe to say that since even it makes me cringe because I was even disappointed in it. I actually expected more from part 2 because the bad guy didn't look like he came straight from the Power Rangers and there appeared to be more motive for anger towards Spidey since he killed his friends father. However, this movie was just more flawed while the only thing that 'really' bugged me in part 1 was Green Goblin. But here are things that bugged me or caught my eye in part 2:

-Whats with the scenes filmed like cheap-corny horror movies? Mainly the scene in the hospital when Doc 8's arms started killing the doctors and nurses. The way the camera zoomed in on the screaming girls reminded me of those old sci-fi movies with the giant ants and grasshoppers with the girls screaming right into the camera then running away. The whole sequence looked retarded the way it was filmed.

-It also bugged me when Doc 8 came to the cafe after Peter Parker and MJ and the camera did weird zoom things with every thud of his arms which was corny as well.

-The storyline overall just annoyed me. Not the bad guys, but the whole I should be spiderman, I shouldn't be spiderman, I'm so confused, poo is me thing. Also the whole, I lost my powers including my vision because I wasn't motivated thing was pretty lame as well.

-Can spidey defy gravity? I may need to view this scene again because I may be wrong, but I swore that during the scene where Spidey was fighting Dr 8, Spider-man jumped from inside the train, out of a window, and without whipping around a pole or using web he managed to land on the side of the train on his feet. Momentum people! If my eyes didn't deceive me, this was filmed with Toby jumping on something and they turned him side-ways in the filming which means he goes down to land and on screen he changes directions in air with whipping around something or using web.

-This one is getting really nit-picky but I want to mention it anyway. There is a real quick scene where Peter is going into the bathroom and his apartment owner says "Rent?" while stealing the bathroom from him. Peter shuts the bathroom door and I guess its suppose to be a comical scene but NOBODY laughed in the theater. I thought it obviously should have been edited.

-The girl with the cake. First of all, when somebody offers me chocolate cake, I WANT CHOCOLATE CAKE! Not vanilla cake with a little bit of chocolate frosting. Also, was the milk that water? Anyway, what was the point of that scene? Its obviously trying to symbolize something but it didn't seem obvious enough to as what it was symbolizing? Was it suppose to be that he hit rock bottom because she was geeky? If so, not the best thing to symbolize to I'm guessing that isn't really the case.

-The Aunt pisses me off now. First of all gets mad at Peter when he tells her that he let the bad guy go that killed Uncle Ben. Most old ladies would rather you not risk yourself over a robber. She should also think about how it could have been him with a bullet in him since the robber obviously wasn't affraid to use his gun. Then she gives him a speech that practically calls him a pussy for not being a hero. This comes AFTER he, Peter Parker, not Spidey, saves a 3 year old from a burning building. Word would have got out about him being a hero for saving the girl and if not, that part didn't need to be secret so he would have mentioned that to his aunt. Another thing involving her was when Spidey and her get away from Dr 8, Spidey says something about "We" did it together or something like that and she questioned the "we" part. YES f*cking we! Did she forget that she hit him upside the head with her cane and saved him? The Aunt became a stupid old ***** in this movie.

-The worse part of all is that we are now set up for another Power Ranger-esque bad guy for part 3. Green Goblin was annoying and now his son is going to become Hob Goblin or whatever. When I heard that annoying laugh from William Dafoe I just wanted to scream "NOOOO!!!". Btw, when his friend found out that Peter is Spidey and said "You killed my father," thats when Peter should have said, "Your father was f*cking GREEN GOBLIN!"

SpyCspider
AHAHAHAH..i agree with some points..some I dont' care as much for.

Good rant.

Spider-wad
Whats with the scenes filmed like cheap-corny horror movies?

This was in reference to the evil dead movies which sam directed. Its the mark of the director. People who have seen the evil dead movies will know what i mean.

Spiderman_RJ
that was the hand of the director he used to do horror movie

dont get it what u mean, i though it was cool

where u from have u never read spiderman?thats the topic of the movie

dont blame it,its the cg guys, u havent wondered where wolverine hide his claws in X2

yah indeed .

the glass of milk was over, the meaning of this was that peter should have begining to start a new life.and he was loved even tho he was selfdeceiving

we becouse she was the one who beated octopus, otherwise spidey would have a knife thing into his heart

get over it, if goblin comes back he wont have the same suit duhhh, they know no ones liked it, they even put spidey without webbing, something all the fans questioned about he not having the chemical web

Spiderman_RJ
and if u think that was lame how about having a minisun. wich dont have a gravity that smash the planet into itself, and doesnt burn anything around????
oh yah and tentacles that are magnetic and whatever else proof? oh yah a metal that dont toast on the sun, ya, right, its fantasy world acept it. or ull wast ur money

Spiderman_RJ
not to includes smart tentacles that sibiles like a snake. the cg of the movie were all to octopus cos the spiderman cg sucked big times in the swinging scenes. the swinging scenes of the first movie were way off better made

Rhino
harry doesnt become the hob goblin. he becomes the green goblin II

Myth
But why does Spiderman need to have a reference to Evil Dead or any other horror movie at all? I thought it was corny and didn't belong in a Spider-man movie IMO.

You may have thought it was cool, but I just simply didn't. It was almost laughable to me.

Oregon, and I have read spiderman but I will admitt that I don't follow too closely (Thats why I assumed Harry becomes Hob Goblin rather than Green Goblin 2). Anyway, I know thats what Spiderman does, but it almost got annoying with how much they emphasized his "inner struggles". All super-heroes have those sorts of story lines but now I'm convinced that Spider-man is the biggest pussy (emotionally) of all the super-heroes.

Just something that caught my eye. One tiny mess up like that won't change the whole outcome of the movie for me. Btw, the Wolverine thing would be a character design flaw, not a cg flaw (would they fit in his fore-arms?).

Exactly but thats not what I was saying. The Aunt was confused by him saying "we" when she should have realized that she helped by hitting Octopus and Spidey did the rest of the fighting.

I hope you are right but they zoomed in on the original mask which makes me think that he will use that.

Question- In the comic books, does Spider-man lose his powers when he gets sad or doesn't concentrate or whatever?

Spiderman_RJ
in the comics i think he lost them 3 or 5 times let me remember
1) after fighting doc oc he got cold, and the fever made him looses his powers
2)kraven poisoned him, hes lost some of the power and others were diminuted
3) spiderman chose to loose his powers on a machine receiving radioactive teraphy(but the guy on the machine was chamaleon and it was all a plan to destroy spiderman),but when he needed the powers got back
4) peter looses his powers after saving a old teacher in a experiment wich was the same that transformed him into spiderman, that happened in the spiderman farewell,or never more,dont know how u called it. when ben reilly took the spiderman title
5) when he was so estressed with all his problems he lost them twice on a single comics.(old comics earlier ones, 1960s 0r 70)

Spiderman_RJ
i dont thing he hide them on the fore-arm, cos if they come from there, he wouldnt be able to move his hands and fight it would be hard.

Myth
What if they were all the way up against the bone?

SpiderGurl
Geez, Myth. IMO we as movie-goers are way too spoiled. Think of all the things that Sam Raimi could have messed up but didn't. First off, they spent 200+ million bucks on this movie, which we should be greatful for since we're getting our money's worth that way. Also, I think Raimi is doing a brilliant job of portraying Peter Parker as somebody we can all relate to-- we've all had moments when we feel unappreciated, when we're all alone, or when we can't get the person we like. I also think the choice of music is on-the-dot. Some people may think it's corny but really, just be open-minded and enjoy! It's only corny if you think it is. If the movie is stripped of all things that you may consider "corny" then what do you have left? A movie that's just like any other one.

Spiderman_RJ
i still think it wouldnt.
back to spiderman i like the first more in one way the way spiderman swinging was more real,and the cg seems to be much better

although in close scenes the spider man 2 cg was pretty good, impresive! when he swing it looked like a mass model.

Myth
In the final scene of him swinging you could really see that the city was cg. Especially the helicopters. Although I still think the cg on things like that are impressive.

Spiderman_RJ

hotsauce6548
Aunt May wasn't mad at Peter, she was only in shock when she left the room. (Later, she says she was proud of Peter for telling the truth!) When she is telling Peter that people need a hero, she wasn't talking about him! She was simpl stating her opinion. She wasn't mad!

Spiderman_RJ
about hero chat, if u allow me she KNOWS peter is spiderman just like mj SUSPECTED in the ending of first movie.

CrazyEyes
I think was very corny when, after Spidey stops the runaway train, all the passengers carry him over their heads like he's some sort of god. I know it's all about showing that some people in New York do like him, but I wasn't needed. Except for this scene, Spidey 2 is the best one.

nail_bunny
Spiderman 2 was better. I hated the Green Goblin, he ruined the 1st one for me.....he was way to corny. Doc Ock was SO much better. I was amazed by his tentacles. They are so awesome.

Red Superfly
Spidey 2 was better. Spidey 1 was just the origin story. Spidey 2 was where it gets serious and we see more of a Spider-Man we are used to.

I loved the scenes filmes like they were old school B movies - it made up for the fact they didn't need blood.

"me want blood, blood r0x0rz!!111!!"

Pfffff.

Mr Parker
Thats what I have heard is that MAN-SPIDEY 2 was way better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.