what music, songs and artists annoy you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

punkyhermy
i love music but when i turn on the tv all i hear is HIP HOP!
hip hop did not seem that bad at first but now? i hate hip hop. i cannot listen to a radio in peace. rock is over, pop is over, but hip hop is every where!!!!!!!!!!!!the thing is that the hip hop songs aren't even good!

now about songs:

Don't tell me- avril lavigne
my happy ending- avril lavigne
my band-D12
get busy-sean pul
evry hip hop song !!!!!!
usher- burn, yeah!
britney spears- toxic, every time etc

jojo- leave (get out)
ohh many more

Evil Dead
I like all kinds of music........I like alot of hip hop.

Rappers who cannot speak correctly let alone rap annoy me to no end.

Anytime I hear somebody like Nelly, I start looking for a Q-tip and a hammer. How is this guy popular? He can't speak correctly.....let alone rap. what does Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mean?

Red Superfly
Those bling-bling pimp-ass mofo hip-hoppers annoy the living crap outta me.

We need more bands like Velvet Revolver to rejuvinate the music scene a little.

Some rap rocks - but for every Beastie Boys, there's ten Nelly's.

Missy Elliot annoys me too - ugly cow.

TrAnCeDuO
the yeah yeah yeahs....the main female vocalist (or whatever it is that theyre band is madeup of) annoys me....actually scratch that...SHE HAUNTS ME IN MY DREAMS!

Deathblow
The Calling.

Alpha Centauri
Justin Timberlake.

Ball-less, soulless corporate little *****. Sucker of Satan's pecker.

-AC

Df02
SOAD, The smiths

Alpha Centauri
SOAD and The Smiths rule.

-AC

Dr. Strangelove
Any avril lavigne song. God I hate that fake wannabe punk *****.
Pretty much every rock song that is more like pop nowadays.
Almost every mainstream rap artist especially bling bling artists.

And of course any no talent pop artist or pop song who have ruined music altogether in my opinion.

Darth Revan
SOAD rocks rock

Nickelback
Creed
The Darkness
New Found Glory
Simple Plan
Linkin Park
Avril Lavigne
Almost all modern R&B
30 cent
Ludacris
D12
Just about every modern mainstream rapper
All pop, with the exception of Annie Lennox and maybe Enya
Evanescence

the list goes on... but those are the main ones

Aini
...I feel the same yes

Dr. Strangelove
How could I forget Nickleback. Those no talent hacks who's songs are all the same. I always cringe whenever their songs play at 24 hour fitness and they play it a lot. mad

HockeyHorror
2 quarters.

Alpha Centauri
How can you throw The Darkness in with those terrible people?

All these shitty emo bands that all sound the same. They annoy me.

-AC

Darth Revan
laughing

The Darkness just irritate me... and emo isn't all bad, there are a few good emo bands yes

Alpha Centauri
The Darkness irritate you but many many bands singing the same and looking the same doesn't?

Strange hehe.

The only good emo band is The Get Up Kids if you class em as that. Jimmy Eat World aren't REALLY emo but they're excellent.

All these crappy Brand New's and Taking Back Sunday's with their lame names and scream whiney voices. They suck.

-AC

vvvrulz
Haha, the darkness are a very odd bunch.

I agree with punkyhermy, hip-hip is absolute crap. I pretty much hate all music these days, theyre all as irritating and pointless as the next song.

Df02
ok u convinced me, im wrong..... roll eyes (sarcastic)
both those bands annoy me, simple as that really. and Emo isnt all bad, can i ask what u listen to? just curious, so hopefully i can make up a counterargument stick out tongue

for the record he had 2 proper emo bands in that list.
im not a huge emo fan, but it seems to get a lot of shit when it doesnt really deserve it, ive watched Taking Back Sunday get boo'ed off stage by hordes of fans at download, not nice thing to watch tbh, so kinda got soft spot for emo now stick out tongue

emo bands i listen to are like Coheed and Cambria, Glassjaw (altho they kinda pulling away from emo), TBS, Funeral for a friend. thats it, pales into insignificance when i list what other music i like

EDIT: "Ball-less, soulless corporate little *****. Sucker of Satan's pecker." - starting to sound like the darkness more n more every day

SeptemberRain
I hate Phil Collins

ragesRemorse
pretty much all mainstream music annoys me and even agrivates me at times. coorperate rock, these punk rock bands like blink 182, if your going to listen to a three chord band, check out greenday atleast they rock out on the three chord rifts they choose. So to answer this question about 95% of any band or artist that is found on MTV annoys the piss out of me and i cant consider it music, they all copy each other to gain the fame on the present trend.

Darth Revan
Did I ever say I wasn't irritated by bands that sounded and looked the same? No, in fact I said (or implied) just the opposite... I hate GC, New Found Glory, that one band that has a video on MTV right now that's in a bar with the lead singer who sounds like he just inhaled the contents of a helium balloon, just about all pop rock/"punk" except for blink, Green Day, and the Offspring. Furthermore, "different" doesn't mean "good". Just because the Darkness don't follow the same cut-and-dry formula as every other pop rock band out there doesn't make them good.

I like the Get Up Kids, but I wouldn't call them emo. Jimmy Eat World are also good, but they're not emo either. The Juliana Theory (if you call them emo), Glassjaw, and Coheed and Cambria are all good... can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

As for being whiney, I agree, and it's getting worse over time. I can't remember the name of that group I mentioned before, but that guy wins the prize as far as whiney lead singers go. And the guy from New Found Glory. I used to think Mark Hoppus sounded whiney.... but he's nothing in comparison to some other guys.

finti
Aguilera, Spears, Manson, 50 cent

Alpha Centauri
"Just because the Darkness don't follow the same cut-and-dry formula as every other pop rock band out there doesn't make them good."

How on Earth you think The Darkness's music is anything near Pop Rock is seriously beyond me and I'll admit it. They are anything but. I think they are freaking awesome because they make awesome music. It's fun but besides them being a funny band they are phenomenal musicians. Like Queen, they weren't a Tool or a Radiohead singing about complex things. They were just a great band making great music that EVERYONE could love. Which is exactly what The Darkness are doing.

-AC

moshtitan
for me its mainly numetal, and that pop punk shit.

m!$hA
hillary duff
shannon noll (or howeva its spelt)

spanky420
i hate britney spears~christina agulara~avril lavigne~mandy moore~Jessica Simpson~N Sync~back street boys~98degrees~Clay Akin?~Jay Z~Dr Dre~50 Cent~Kelly Clarkson~Vitamin C~Nelly~BB Mac~Mya~Beyonce Knowles~im bored so ill stop:P

Df02
theyre not phenominal musicians really, theyre just bringing to public light solo guitar, which hasnt really been seen for a while....recently most bands stick to chords, doesnt mean they cant do solo's and technical guitar.

also Darkness are arogant, egotistical and their heads blatently out-measure their success....just about any interview with them can back this.

they are a band leeching off a genre that has been dead for years

bardock
manson sucks. the new found glory dudes sound like 11 year old boys.

LilKitty
Hip hop! no expression People like 50 cent need a slap!

BackFire
Manson blows, he needs to quit walking around with his ass hanging out. He's not unique, he's not cool, he's a gimmic, nothing more.

Cradle of Filth. Crappy goth band, the lead singer has one of the worst voices I've ever heard. Sounds like a cat being killed with a baby seal. It's simply noise.

Linkin Park. How many times do you have to yell about someone listening to you. Maybe people would listen to you if you had something to say. Having the main chorus in one of your songs being "shut up when I'm talking to you" is obnoxious. You sound like shit, go away.

Staind. Just another one of these "boohoo, I hate my parents" crap. Quit bitching, so you're parents grounded you, get over it shithead.

Blink 182. These guys sing about first dates and other teenage things, yet they're like 37. Plus they have that annoying whiny voice that so many shitty pop-punk bands have today.

Hason. What can I say, they look like chicks and their music blows harder then a 400 dollar hooker.

Creed. Thank god they're gone, the lead singer thought he was jesus christ or something, always looking up to the sky with his arms open. God hates you.

MF D00m
hahaha, backfire was on point on every one. Especially Blink.

HockeyHorror
another classic Backfire quote

"What can I say, they look like chicks and their music blows harder then a 400 dollar hooker."

Darth Revan
I love that last one laughing

Even though it's true laughing out loud Happy Dance

twigNig
Too many songs and artists annoy me to list. And almost all mainstream music, even if it's "rock" annoys me. Mainstream doesn't even know what rock is.

finti
oh tis new dude Eamon or whats his face, what a looser

vvvrulz
That guy is a whiny little bastard. He pisses the crap out of me. Unfortunately the rest of the bunch are equally bad.

Well said back there Backfire and RagesRemorse yes thumb up

GABRIEL05
Phil WOods, Al Hirt, Diana Krall

RebelPhoenix
Many of the singers and bands alreayd mentioned plus:

Busted and their copycat band McFly
Almost all of the British Pop Idols and groups
Jessica and Ashlee Simpson (Jess has good vocals, I just hate her technique and music messed)
Hilary Duff
Linsday Lohan

Soooo many hip hop 'artists' who all chat about the same rubbish and make millions after being offensive and just throwing beats together because they think they sound good and rapping or shouting over them - it's not cohesive and half of them have shitty voices. It's unoriginal and their videos are practically all the same too. Hip Hop with a few exceptions is filled with nothing but overly materialistic hedonistic gluttons wanting to be rich, to treat others like shit, to treat people as pieces of meat or sex objects and do as little as possible to earn it.

Also, sooo many 'rock' bands nowadays who think that dressing messy or just because they are an actual 'band' makes them 'rock' when they are really nothing but pop or watered down pop rock or because they have one rock/ish song it makes them a rock band even if the rest of their music isn't rock at all. Or because they go on about 'rebelling' when they've really got jack shit to rebel against and their stupid behaviour is nothing but a waste of time and acting like brats whining about how their life is so bad, please - it's nothing but immaturity.

m!$hA
a lot of stuff but i h8 everything by avril lavigne and hilary duff and shannon noll! sick

MichaelMyerscoo
^ yes I hate rap, hip hop, pop, I hate Snoop Dog, Emiem(or however you spell it.), Hilary Duff, Britany Spears, Michael Jackson, and I can't think of any others cause I hate so many.

Kaleanae
Creed
New Found Glory
Simple Plan

SnakeEyes
all rap
all hip hop
all pop
all country

lil bitchiness
I dont know the differance between hip hop and rap, but it all shite sounds the same to me, and i dont like it.

bardock
metallica and new punk sucks ass.

Alpha Centauri
Metallica don't suck.

The difference between Hiphop and Rap is that Rap is something musicians in Hiphop do (some better than others). Some idiot decided to call Hiphop, Rap. It's like calling Football, score.

-AC

punkyhermy
oh i forgot Hilary duff and Christina agulara

hil duff barley knows how to sing! her voice reminds me of a a lil bay singing!
gosh are music record companys desperate?
all fake teen singers annoy me. Avril is a fake punk ,now trying to have a goth image! she even started dressing like amy lee!
jojo is a new teen singer, and i find her damn annoying! on tv i heard she is 13, is that true?
she just doesnt act 13, but than again who acts their age in that world!
hip hop always kills me!!!!!!! i hate it now!
oh i also forgot the one and only good charlotte!
i hate marlyin manson! he is a freak, he has not talent., he just sings and scares lil innocent kids!lol!
i am disgusted by him!

punkyhermy
metallica is not bad! i like a few old songs like:
the unforgiven and sad but true.

they are soooo batman!
hehehe lol!
really they have lyrics that suit batman...

bardock
lars started the down fall of napster because he is made that some 8 year old downloading his song. they suck they will always suck.

Alpha Centauri
"gosh are music record companys desperate?"

No, but people are.

"all fake teen singers annoy me. Avril is a fake punk ,now trying to have a goth image! she even started dressing like amy lee!"

Amy Lee herself is a faker. All that fake sadness in her songs and then she shows up at the MTV Awards smiling saying "I'm so happy to be here".

Marilyn Manson is a very intelligent man and a very talented artist (painter). I don't like his music but he is a cool guy.

"lars started the down fall of napster because he is made that some 8 year old downloading his song. they suck they will always suck."

They don't suck. Secondly, get the facts right before you go speaking crap. The Napster thing you have gotten wrong.

Lars said and I quote:

"We like the technology of Napster. Never have we said that we were anti-Napster. But we would just like to have been ASKED if we would like to have our stuff on there. If someone asked us "Would you put your stuff on Napster?" we would have said yes. Because we feel getting music out to people is a great thing. We don't like getting ripped off and no one does either. We would have done it had we been asked but the fact that it was done against our will is what bothers us. People say we're pro-record company. Can we be real? We STARTED being anti-record company back when bands were sucking companies off to get deals".

-Lars Ulrich. From "The Story Of Metallica".

Bardock, learn things before you say stuff.

-AC

Darth Revan
I still like Metallica's music, despite the Napster thing. IMO they overreacted a little, even if all they actually wanted was for Napster to ask them before downloading their music.

Other than that I agree with you completely.

m!$hA
dont like snoop or eminem that much eitha!
i like michael jackson!!!

GABRIEL05
I'm the last person to enjoy pop, but Michael is badass. There's no two ways about it.

Evolution
punky i agree most of the niphop/rap has died a little bit.

the only one who's really keeping it up is eminem and twista ( radio/tv wise)

but the bands or songs i hate is

icp

ja rule

jay z

anything pop and country i hate.

golden moon
rap and hip hop
"50 cent"!!!
i hate him!!!

fuct_up_kid
rap pisses me off big time...i mean, how many different words can you make up that describe a woman's ass?

GABRIEL05
Oh theres a lot, I mean shit we have like 30,000 to describe t!ts, titties, boobies, boobs, breasts, melons, gazongas, tetas, gourds, cleavage, bust, ta-tas, the twins...

I can't believe they edited ****

THEY DID IT AGAIN THOSE BASTURDS,

PunisherFan33
i say eminem that (I AM) song god damn that song annoys me

Darth Revan
I also like Michael Jackson... He was one of the last really talented pop stars. There are a couple out there today, but people in the 60's and 70's were more talented generally...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.