Ultimate Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
This is a thread totally dedicated to Ultimate Spiderman.
Any discussion about him, quetions, or favorite stuff like villains.
Just anything about Ultimate Spidey

CrazyEyes
I have been collecting Ultimate Spider-Man since issue 1. Same goes for Ultimate X-Men and, when it's released in the UK in some format, I'll do the same for Ultimate Fantastic Four. Ultimate Spider-Man has got to be my favourite, as it shows us what would happen if the original story had been set today. While I do like some of the changes, some of them had spoilt the original story. Take the Venom saga for example. I think it was good that Eddie was Peter's age and that their parents created the suit, but the way Venom appeared was too stupid. Peter had the suit for 1 issue and then got rid of it? Many Spider-Man fans like Venom and the black costume, so why cut it's appearance so short? For me, it would have been good if they'd kept the original story for a few issues, at least up to when Carnage is introduced. Venom was not portraid very good either. He was just some black blob that hated Peter. The new Dr. Octopus has got to be a favourite part for mine; and my favourite villian, The Sandman, looks and acts even better in the Ultimate saga. Kraven was also another villian that had a good story, but the way it ended was poor. Let's hope that his appearance in The Ultimate Six is gonna be better. The Green Goblin is great too, much better that the old one. Electro looks great and The Enforcers are a fav too. The appearance of The X-Men was a downside for me, there was no need for them to be there. Overall, I love Ultimate Spider-Man. Let's hope Mysterio arrives sometime soon, along with Cloak & Dagger and The Vulture.

I do have a small question though. How is Carnage introduced? Is it Eddie instead of Cassidy?

SnakeEyes
I agree with you CrazyEyes.
As for your Carnage question, i am not sure. the first 2 issues in that story arc are out, but i wait to buy the trade paperbacks. I have only read the first 3 volumes. Tell me more about the Venom saga in this, is it bad? no spoilers plz!

hotsauce6548
i think the way they recreate the villians and stories is awesome in the Ultimate spider-man series. my favorite spider-man series out there!

CrazyEyes
Well, seeing as many say the Ultimate series is better, it is a shame that the Venom saga was the worse saga ever in any spider-man series to date. I know you don't want any spoilers, but you will be very disapointed if you are venom or black suit Spider-Man fan.

Speaking of the new appearances of villians, how would introudce them? I have a few ideas I'd like to share;

1) The Vulture
Seeing as Aunt May went to see a therapist, she decides to live a more exciting life. When she gets an invatation to her old highschool reunion, she decides to go. There, she meets up with an old friend of her's, Adrian Tooms. While all this is going on, Spider-Man in invesigating the appearance of a new villian, The Vulture.

2) Mysterio
After seeing the new Spider-Man movie (after the events of Hollywood), superhero fan Quentin Beck decides to follow his idol, Spider-Man, and become a hero. Thus, Mysterio is born!

3) Hydro Man
Morris Bench is the new kid at school and falls for Gwen Stacy. During a class trip aboard a aquatic boat, Kong and co. cause a fight with Morris and Gwen falls overboard. Morris dives in after her and rescues her, but he almost drowns. Before he is rescued, he is exposed to a experimental generator that is taken by SHIELD moments before he is rescued. Thus, Hydro Man is board.

Would these do? If not, come up with some ideas of you own.

hotsauce6548
i think they sound cool, crazyeyes!

SnakeEyes
Those are some pretty good ideas! I like the hydroman one the best.
Oh and btw, i am dissapointed now, cuz i was looking forward to reading Volume 6 ( the Venom one) cuz he is one of my favorite villains.
I hope it isn't THAT bad!
I like Doc Ock in this series a lot more, he tentacles shoot stuff, that is awesome, and he is not some fat scientist he is actually kinda buff

hotsauce6548
i thought the venom story arc wasn't bad, i just wish that they had peter keep the symbiote costume longer...

CrazyEyes
My favourite arc has got to be the first Dr. Octopus one. The best Spider-Man scene I have ever seen is in this comic too. After Dr. Octopus has attack the pier plant and Spider-Man falls through the roof, we see Dr. Octopus with a dead scientist in one of his arms, the entire room is a mess and Spider-Man is crouched on the floor, holding his dislocated shoulder and simply says "Ta da...ouch!" Pure genious.

As for the Venom arc, Spider-Man should have kept it longer, it would have made some of the other encounters better.

SnakeEyes
i just finished the Doc Ock graphic novel today, i liked it a lot
Doc Ock is actually cool in this!

SnakeEyes
Okay guys, who are your favorite Ult. Spidey villains, and least?

CrazyEyes
I think it's quite comical when Spidey pulls down his pants; punches him and says "Tighty Whities...that explains everything!" I also think it's quite good when he says "Haven't people in limos been punished enough?" "Is this really Madonna's number?" It's full of wise cracks.

SnakeEyes
yeah i love all of the smart-ass remarks he makes

SnakeEyes
so who are your favorite villains from this series and your least favorite?

mordamor22
ive red evry issue and favorite is=green goblin cuz evrything in that arc was pure genius and great art....least favorite=ummmmm kraven cuz it was short and had a crappy ending.......o ya and hey crazyeyes , carnage is made by dr.curt conners when he runs expirements on peter's blood sample after peter left it when he came to curt for help......thus carnage started gronging into a seperate being......im getting issue 63 tomorrow

badsymbiote
I wish I could answer CrazyEyes' question, but I've only read Carnage pt. 1--it's good, and I look forward to reading the second book by the time this weekend is over.

SnakeEyes, for you, I say don't listen to any of the haters out there. Venom's story is VERY good--but expect to be surprised, and be prepared to throw everything you know about symbiotes out the window for this arc. VERY worth the read, and I highly recommend it.
It's an unusual story line with alot of unexpected twists--but it is as well-thought as it was researched, and very thorough. Go get it.

SnakeEyes
Okay thanks for your input!

CrazyEyes
So, in a way, Carnage is actually a mutated version of Spider-Man. Man, he's cooler than the original.

SnakeEyes
Correct, and Crazy Eyes tell me your favorites. and does anyone no what is after the Carnage story arc?

hotsauce6548
in the newest issue, number 62 (i think) at the end (dont read this if you dont want to be spoiled!!!) carnage kills gwen! he also kills three other people...

CrazyEyes
Dr. Octopus is the best Ultimate Spidey villian so far. His arc was so intresting and since he is a fav villian of mine anyway, I enjoyed it any more. It was full of wisecracks, which is a change from most comics I read ie. Batman. My join favourite villian, The Sandman, was great, and the way he almost killed Spider-Man was class. Let's hope he appears in the story after The Ultimate Six. As for after the Carange arc, I hope they introduce The Vulture or the return of The Green Goblin, and this time; its Harry. That would be a great arc to see, what with the emotional termoil that he's had to suffer through.

badsymbiote
God, I want to read your spoiler, because a friend said I won't believe what happens in #62--but I have to read them in order, and I didn't even buy 61 yet!!! Oh, I hate waiting!!! But, wait, I shall.

mordamor22
nobody knows if _____ died but on the synopsis of the comic it says something like carnage grows,bringing another death in young peter's life

CrazyEyes
Not matter what happens, someone close to Peter is going to die or get serious injured. It is either going to be Gwen, Mary Jane, Aunt May, Harry Osborn (Possilby) or maybe even Johan, but it is sure that it will change Peter bigtime.

spider-venom
spoilers...

ok so i dont get it carnage is created by spideys blood and after a month or 2 from when doc conners takes spideys blood which is soon to be carnage and when carnage finnally becomes strong enough to break out of where the docter was keeping him and goes in the streets and takes life forces from people sort of in the 90's tv show but not really becuase he sucks there whatever you call it out of them and theres like nothing but bones left on there body , no flesh....and thats who he fully created.......but theres gatta be a twist, Gwen cant die ....well not to carnage at least, do you think spidey will come and kill him and gwen will come back to life ??

by the way volume 10 is histerical, supposably there making a spidey movies and sam riami is making it and its starring tobey!!!!they even say there names.....belive me its a must read.

hotsauce6548
yeah, i like gwen. shes cool and shes cool to peter and aunt may. i hope that there is a way to bring her back...

CrazyEyes
Something intresting about the Carnage arc. Dr. Curt Connors lab-parter in none other than Ben Reilly!!!

CrazyEyes
If you wanna see some sample pages of Ultimate Spider-Man #60 (The Begining Of The Carnage Arc), go to:

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/marvel/ultspidey/

hotsauce6548
i was just looking at VENOMfan's sig and it says that Flash's question will be answered in issue #65. i've been dying to know wut Flash wanted to ask!!!

FeceMan
Whoo, the Lizard looks cool. I just don't like the purple and the Spinosaurus thing he's got going. Spinosaurus was a puss.

mordamor22
yeah weve been waiting dooooo long to see what he was going to ask........i cant wait...

mordamor22
omg that was creepy when ____ died omg i cant wait 4 the next 1 it comes out on my b day

SnakeEyes
i am only on volume 5 right now. just finished voulme 4.
Which is your favorite story arc so far mordamor?

mordamor22
id say doc ock or GG ......u??

Jason Wyngarde
i like the art in this title.

SnakeEyes
i have only read the first 4 volumes, but i like the Doc Ock story arc the best so far

CrazyEyes
Dr. Octopus arc is the best!!! Can't wait for 'Hollywood'.

shadow225588
What date does 63 come out? This whole arc i wanted to see the new carnage and now i got to wait to see whats up with the ending!!!!!!! O and 62s cover rocks

shadow225588
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is Carnage doing to these ppl taking there blood cause if u like on page (#62) 26 Frame 4 Carnage pulls out a knife thing out of Gwen. So why is every1 he ecounters turing into zombies?

CrazyEyes
My, my theory is that to survive, Carnage needs the life energy of his victims. So, when he attacks and kills him, he absorbes their life energy and that's what turns them into zomibe-looking like corpses.

Robo-Chocobo
what? how is carnage surviving without a body...unless your telling me hes sucking the life out of ppl because he doesnt have a host/body...weird...i just hope cleatus doesnt show up, god i hate that guy, i want someone new.

Kontraz
i dont know if this has been talked about yet or not... but whats up with the venom story arc?!?
SPOILERS!!!!!:

The logic behind it was cool, and the symbiote suit on parker was pretty good... but when eddie got a hold of it?!? I mean, he was just a mass of goop trying to drail the life out of spider-man, there wasn't really much of a fight? And the way he "dies" (which im hoping he didnt die, i mean, that would really suck.. he needs to come back!). He was shot a few times, something normal venom has expecrienced a lot and lived, unharmed. But then he took a step back and his foot hit a downed electric cable.... and *poof* he's gone after getting zapped up a good bit............

hotsauce6548
im pretty sure that it has been confirmed Venom is coming back. and no, carnage does not have a body or host.

Spiderman_RJ
the best in this series is its drawing belongs to MARK BAGLEY YUHUUUUUUUUUU.
he is also the one whos creating all the ultimates version for spiderman, i think hes doing a HELL OF A WORK. i just didnt like his version for electro, the toasted head was ridiculous ,but the rest was fine

Spiderman_RJ
ah no ________ die again? i cant stand marvel. what they have against h___ ??/ those lunactic, psicopaths,maniacs!!!!!!!!!

mordamor22
hey shadow 63 comes out august 4

spider-venom
spoilers

they deffenitly cant kill off gwen shes great they made her character perfect there has to be some kind of way to bring her back or something or maybe.....just maybe peters dreaming about all of this but carnage is real but he didnt kill gwen ...I DONT KNOW BUT THEY CANT KILL GWEN......and also i really like the comics but there screwing around with the storylines like carnage made out of petes blood they should stick with the origanal storyline.. the storyline that made spiderman great !!

fiddle245
****SPOILER**************

This CANNOT be true. Gwen CANNOT be dead. First Gwens mom talks about how much she hates Gwen & splits the family without a goodbye. Then her dad gets killed in the line of duty by a guy in a spidey suit. Now Gwen herself gets killed indirectly by Spidey? Could Bendis really be that sick in the head? For his next trick will MJ, Pete & Aunt May all commit suicide? Gwen was one of the most compelling characters in the series. Shes irreplaceable.

MaxCarnage
I have like issue 10, 15, then 22-32 or somethin.
I have the complete second Goblin coming and the first Venom issue
the series is awesome and I'm about to subscribe again to get Carnage

(my fave character of Spider-Man)

MaxCarnage
Gwen Stacy is killed by Carnage in Ultimate Spider-Man
and don't be so surprised. She should have been killed by Goblin like in the original. Cpt. Stacy should still be alive though.. that happened too soon. proof of Gwen's death can be seen on the cover of whatever # issue it was (go to Samruby.com and look through upcoming issues to see the cover and spoilers)

Lenord
Spoiler ahead for those that have not read #62......

They should have killed MJ... Now that would have been unexpected... I have been waiting for Gwen to die since the first time she appeared in Ultimate and came as no surprise to me that they killed her... altho I did not think they would do it in such a horrific way... I could see and feel the fear and pain on her face as carnage killed her... It would have been more interesting if MJ died and later on Gwen and Peter ended up getting together, after all this is Ultimate and it would have been a dramatic shift from the mainstream.

Mybe I just like Ultimate Gwen more than MJ, she is sertinly more interesting in my opinion. I just hope they dont bring her back now that she is dead.

mordamor22
maybe bendis got tired of drawing gwen so he turned her into a zombie lol

shadow225588
Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the end of 63 carnage looks weird like a flaping thing maybe its just cause its sidways and how can there not be a host look at the face at the end of 62 u see a face thing that was giving u a hint to who it was.

gijoe
OK im up to issue 50 in the ultimate spiderman series. and i was reading the q&a page. and writer Bendis was asked:"wil gwen and peter's relationship get more complicated?"and he replied"or gwen will become Carn- oops" now maybe he was just saying it but i would hope they were not planning on making gwen carnage. cause that would be DUMB!!!
i like the idea of carnage being a serial killer.. wink

badsymbiote
I'm not gonna spoil anything for you. You're very close, just keep reading.

Robo-Chocobo
SPOILER* DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILED.

GWEN GETS DRIED LIKE A PRUNE BY CARNAGE

Ghetto Goblin
aww man, thanks alot.

no really thanks, that's cool, i think.

Spiderman_RJ
great spoiler warning ur moron. either use spoiler tag,or use more spacing

Paola
laughing sorry no expression true....

merging with "Ultimate Spiderman" thread....

mordamor22
where is the q and a?????/

badsymbiote
Oh, Robo--that surprises me--how could you do that? And in capital letters, too.

The Ones
its been confirmed that activision is releasing a new game next year based on the comic, ultimate spider-man

SpiderPunk
I'm really looking forward to the next issue (65) it's suppose to be kind of like a breakfast club thing only with like Pete, MJ, Flash, Kong (yea!) and Liz. As for ___ being dead, I think there is no way of bring them back. The covers for 63 and 65 seem to tell us that, that is the last we'll, be seeing of ___.

Hostile
****in Ace. I love their Goblin.

hotsauce6548
i jus got numba 64, i liked it but Spidey and Carnage should have fought more instead if spidey killing carnage in like two seconds...

FreakFest
Carnage will be back, though, so do not complain. At least, I think he will. I still say that Ben Reilly will use the blood sample to become the Scarlet Spider, and that he will eventually morph into Spider-Carnage.
It is possible that Parker will cure him by splitting Reilly and the blood thing into two separate beings, thus bringing Carnage back to life.

Ock
USM is my favourite Spidey title.The whole revamp they have given on the Spidey mythos and its characters is awesome.

And as for the villains,Doc Ock stands superiorly above them all.He is the best villain in it.

hotsauce6548
Yeah, I know Carnage will be back, but I was just saying it would have been cool if the first fight between Spidey and Carnage was a good and long one.

Kontraz
I think it would be neet to have Ultimate carnage vs ultimate venom... and no, not just cuz of the main series having it, but because it would actually work out great! Carnage was basically killing people at random, something I think eddie brock would still disagree with to some extent.... While Venom is trying to absorb spider-man, why? Cuz he needs his dna to survive... now.... Carange is a clone of spidey's dna..... see where i'm going with this???

FreakFest
Yes, that would be cool, so long as they do not merge into Toxin.

shadow225588
cant wait for next issue of venom vs. carange

badsymbiote
Yay!!! I love Activision's Spidey games!!! This is good news. That almost guarantees that our previous voice casts will be given the assignment (I hope...). Their voice work is the best. Thanks for sharing!
Hooray!!! I'm REALLY happy about this.

hotsauce6548
yeah, i read about that ultimate spider-man game in a Game Informer magazine

Kontraz
bah, i'd rather see another game based on the normal comic-verse... this time the player being able to choose 3 different "paths" of course, one being spider-man's, but the other two could easily be black cat and Venom, each having sperate, yet over-lapping stories...

SpiderPunk
It'll be hard to top the Spider-Man 2 game. I mean they really mapped out the lower half of Manhattan. I really dug the GTA style of being able to rome on your own without having a set path. I think the fate of the game really rests on the story, I wonder if Bendis is writing it?

badsymbiote
I hope so. This has the potential to be a great game--activision style--I don't expect any kind of geographical reference to be taken in the game, and I don't expect free-roam game play, but I do expect some puzzles of sorts and lots of battles. And good, humorous, but still wholesome dialogue.

Mane
that would rule if you had the option of playing good or evil i.e. - as Spider-Man or Ultimate Venom...

Kontraz
no, not ultimate venom... ultimate venom was terrible, i'm sorry. I'm a huge venom fan, and i thought he really got the shaft. now, to bring him back to fight ultimate carnage, and actually have more CONTROLL, now there's some potential....

badsymbiote
Oh, I think we can count on activision to bring the sweeter side of Venom to the game. The big, cuddly, sort of incorrigible teddy-bear type.

Mane
while hes eating someone's brain at the same time smile

SpiderPunk
And some how Spidy will kick his ass.

badsymbiote
He will do it by keeping his wits about him--it's a tested, tried and true formula.

Lenord
Actually Carnage was also looking to absorb Peter, since absorbing other people only sustains him temporarly and he needs Peter for a more permenant result...

Spoiler...................

I thought that when Carnage had absorbed enough people we would see the face of Peter on it, but Bandis pulled another unexpected move and made it Peter's father..... Can't wait till the next issue to see how Peter is going to deal with all that has happened to him sad ....

Spiderman_RJ
no please no puzzles, i hate all mysterio way, and othr stuff, keep it clean to spider style, i like a free roaming way, even if short, i hate the streigh line path

Spiderman_RJ
bendis wont be writting the game

SpiderPunk
damn! well that sucks...but on the plus side 65 came out today! it was...amazing.

mordamor22
^agreed

badsymbiote
I almost forgot about #65--I guess I'll have to go and get it. I was hoping to avoid the trip this week.

Lenord
ohhh... #65 was so good it was over before I knew it (I had to count the pages just to check if the page count was correct).... Can't wait till the next one, God I haven't felt this way about a comic book in a long time... Let the good times roll....

SpiderPunk
That's the thing though you just flew through it, I was also like that's a little short, but it I was enjoying myslef and the pages just flew by.

badsymbiote
I bought it yesterday, but haven't had time to read it...I'll try to make some tonight.

Krexo
Just wandering, how many issues so far? Because Im starting to collect this series, recently bought the issue #6 called 'Venom' and i can so far find nine online. They each have 300 so pages. So Im wandering are these more than just one comic put into one? Or are there many Ultimate Spider Man comics? As i saw a pciture of issue 60

badsymbiote
You're mentioning the TPB--trade paper back version of the comics. This particular book covers something like issues 33-388--if memory serves, covering the reunion of Parker and his childhood friend Eddie Brock, who is now a student and Empire State University. Eddie brings Parker to the WSU campus and shows Parker their father's collectives magnum opus--a cure for Cancer (or anything), in the form of a living suit, which covers the body and heals it from within.

The actual comic is currently at #65. And has been written thus far by Brian Michael Bendis, and penciled by the fabulous Mark Bagley.

badsymbiote
Couple of typos in there, hope you still can understand what I meant.

Krexo
Yup thats the one!! So they have more than one comic issue? Thats great. Couldnt afford collecting them if there were 60 + of the ones im getting. Thanks Badsymbiote! big grin

badsymbiote
Think nothing of it.

It's easily one of my favorites as well. Pretty consistently excellent stories and art.

grey fox
ahhhh venom one of my many releass form the natural world but ultimate venomis slightly better then ordinary venom but has nothign on tsunami's chunky venom (dman i wish i was in a country where decent spidey comics werre abundant im lucky to even find a copy of ultimate and my money is on the fritz i spent half of it o na gamecube game but the other half was spent wisely on the spiderman dvd the goblin in that rules

SpiderPunk
Ok, so I was just checking out the Marvel site looking at up coming issues. When it dawn on my that the next three story arcs are all cross-overs! First there's the Wolverine one which I have to admit I'm looking forward to. I mean the interaction between Spidy and Wolverine are some of the funniest I've read. But then after that is Johnny Storm and after him Dr. Strange (with Cap and Iron man as well). I think it's a bit of an overkill on the crossovers, I mean wasn't that Ultimate Marvel Team-ups was? I don't doubt that that the arcs won't rock it's just do we really need all the guest stars?

lukester
I agree.

Too Many Cooks Spoil The Broth.

lukester
I've been wondering; when is Ultimate Aunt May gunna find out the peter is spidey?

I think it should happen soon.

I also think Ultimate Rhino needs a bigger push.

And what ever happened to the 'Ultimate John Jameson' hints that JJ was gving off a while ago? i think he's gunna be a mixture of Tombstone and Morbuis.

mordamor22
im sure she has a suspision at least.....peter has broken her door down like 70,000,000 times lol

spider-venom
does gwen die??

mordamor22
yes......for now

spider-venom
for now....? what is that supposed to mean?

Reborn Again
Everyone is cloned back to life in the comics.

mordamor22
yeah one way or another she will probably come back i dont think bendis was dumb enough to kill her so soon

Hypester
Well... so far the Ultimate line has kept it's people dead and I hope that they'll keep that line... we are supposed to be pretending to be more realistic aren't we?

Beast, Gwen Stacy... they're still dead... here's to hoping they'll stay dead... Peter went a good four issues without being Spider-Man because of it... and the time he did Spidey up he kinda slipped into without thinking...

lukester
WHEN ARE THEY GUNNA DO ULTIMATE SCORPION!?!?!

lukester
Also Ultimate Kingsly/Hob Goblin would rock!

Reborn Again
Skinny little twirp. That's all I hafta say.

mordamor22
oook well to let you know, ultimate hobgoblin is coming out in febuary and im not sure who he will be.........if any body has any info on him please pm me

spider-venom

Marvel-kid
hey anyone understand the last issue i mean it is realy strange! lol

spider-venom
oh ya in #70, well you werent supposed to understand it......it's all going to be explained in issue 71 out on january 19th.

mordamor22
i havent gottten it........but i wanna b spoiled can somebody pm me and tell me what happens?

lukester
As long as Harry isn't Hobby (that would ruin the whole series) then it should be cool.

To be honest, I don't think ultimate Hobby would be any good, unless he's RODRICK KINGSLY. they could re-do the "who is the hob-goblin?" saga. the susspects could be:

1. Jameson

2.Urich

3.Jonas Harrow

5. Kingsley (real hob-goblin)

6. Flash Thompson

Only problem would be, people who have read the marvel universe spiderman comics (which lets face it, is EVRYONE reading the ultimate series) will allready know who he is.

To say Kingsly isn't hobby is to say Paker isn't spidey.

-RAD-

spider-venom
Harry is hob goblin which doesn't bother me much, yet I'm alittle disappointed because I was hoping for a glider.

Ock
So was I.

I hate these monster Goblins.

Marvel-kid
i think they are cool

spider-venom
Dont get me wrong, I think there cool also but with out the glider it does'nt complete the character of the Green Goblin or Hob Goblin.

I also didnt like the fact that Bendis made it so obvious that Harry was going to be Hob Goblin in the "Ultimate Six" issues by Harry saying "All of you, I'll kill all of you for this" when S.H.I.E.L.D took out Norman . I would like to have a storyline where you see Hob GOblin causing havoc but Spider-Man or the reader does'nt know who his identity is and they keep you guessing.

mordamor22
Yeah most of his enemies have had a special link to spiderman that ruins his life one way or another.......i dont think there was many villains that were just causing havok and spidey just dropped in and didnt know who they were...

lukester
I think Harry as Hobby will suck BIG TIME.

But that's because I feel so passionate about hobby, becasue he's my favourite character.

mordamor22
well all we can do is hope that it wont because that would be retarded.......besides, why would he??

lukester
I agree very much

Bing on Kilgsley!

The true Hob Goblin!

spider-venom
dude, I highly doubt it's going to be Kingsley....think about it, think about everything that happened to Harry so far, plus the fact him saying he'll kill spider-man and all the ultimates... Harry will probably find the Oz serum and use it for revenge on Peter

I mean it would be pretty easy for Harry to get back at Spidey since Harry knows that spider-man is Harry.

Although it could be that Kingsley is the Hobgoblin and he found a way to get at Normans serum, but Peter thinks its Harry because hes back at New York again.

Or hey it could be Flash Thompson or even Maryjane (not really) but its anyones guess, but one thing is certain that this is shaping up to an exciting couple of issues.

mordamor22
but i think bendis knows that if harry is goblin, then some peeps will be mad i think that ppl expect it to be harry so he will flip it around........Flash being goblin? i dont think that will happen

lukester
I agree with Spider-Venom, it probably will be Osborn (or a red-herring Osborn).

I still think it's gotta be Kingsley (but then again, we haven't had the big-build up of his character.) and if Bendis can say CARNAGE KILLED GWEN NOT GOBBY, then he can say Spider-Man is Bruce Wayne.

Although the next few issues are gunna rock, I still think Kingsley as hobby would rule.
If they don't make Harry as the HG, they can do lots of other stuff with him. Such as his issue with drugs, or his transformation into the 2nd GG...

Marvel-kid
i dont care who hob is i am just excited for the next few issues they going to rock!

mordamor22
yeah!

Marvel-kid
Did anyone see the Elektra movie it was really weirdi mean if thae didnt say anything about Daredevil

mordamor22
i havent seen it but it does strike me as odd that there was no sign of him at all the whole movie

Paola
topic please

mordamor22
okie dokie sorry Paola

Marvel-kid
Did anyone get the newist issue yet i want to but cant find time to walk the 50 yards form my house to the comic store

mordamor22
the second part of the doctor strange thing? it was very wierd pm me if u wanna be spoiled!

fatcat22
why do they always bring dr starnge into spidey? Why cant they bring back the vulture or taht guy, the black tarangula? I would love spidey doing battles with DD's opponents. I wont go and see electra as Catwoman sucked. Girl action films aint breaking it.

mordamor22
a battle with the vulture would be cool and if you wanted to see doctor strange in ultimate spiderman,then they would do it. bcauz if not you would have to go read a different arc of some different story that you know nothing about

Marvel-kid
i don't think Harry is hob i mean if he was why doesn't he just kill Peter at the end ofthe last issue and i think harry is crazy it nevr realy said the Mary Jane was realy his girlefriend all they did was kiss once. and remember and MJ told Harry on the phone she loved Petter he was fine with it!

doctorstrongbad
I like Ultimate Spiderman but why did they make Kraven the Hunter so weak. He was just a guy on a talk show. I hope he comes back with some sort of power.

Next Venom_girl
Yeah, didn't Harry suggest Pet and Mary double date with him and Gwen Stacy? But then, Gwen is dead now...

Kraven does appear again in Ultimate Six as a member of the Ultimate Sinister Six and had this sort of werelion thing going on.

mordamor22
he wasnt strong because he is all talk in this story. he wrestles animals,not superheroes. i think harry is gonna be hob but u never sure

doctorstrongbad
Yeah when ever Kraven comes back they should make him super strong and maybe have the power to control animals. That would be nice.

doctorstrongbad
Yep Kraven with animals powers would sure be sweet. He could have an army of lions and stuff. wink

Ultimatespider
I'm a complete Expert on USM any questions ask me!

doctorstrongbad
When do you think kraven will make his return?

mordamor22
i dont think so 4 a while IF he comes back.......it seems from the story that bendis doesnt like him

doctorstrongbad
Have they already introduced Hydro man?

mordamor22
nope.......

Ultimatespider
Kraven had a cameo appearance in USM # 71 as a nightmare induced image. I don't see kraven comming back in the forseeable future as hobgoblin, Hammerhead vs. kingpin and Blade/morbius are comming up next. When he dose lets hope he's got a little f more strength cuz U kraven was not a threat at all.

doctorstrongbad
Yeah he totally punked out Kraven.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>