the Ultimates

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
this thread is for all Ultimates stuff.
Questions
discussion
Favorite stuff about
or just opinions

SnakeEyes
i cannot believe this!
nobody reads the Ultimates?!?!?!?
please there has to be at least one other person!

Arachnoidfreak
I thought about picking it up once in a while, but insufficient funds prevent me from doing so.

SnakeEyes
oh, well u should once u get money sometime.
The art so amazingly detailed, not to mention the it has great stories, and lots of action. THe fist issue starts off with Cap during WW2.
Good stuff

Arachnoidfreak
Yea...being broke sucks.

SnakeEyes
i know how u feel, i currently am that way.....

CrazyEyes
The Ultimate rocks!!! First off, the first volume was one of the best comics I've ever read. The battle with The Hulk was amazing, and the part when he took town Giant Man was my fav. Thor's origin is more to my liking than the old one, and the first part with Captain America and Bucky was a great way to begin the series. The Wasp is better, Iron Man is great; the whole series feels great. It only gets better when Hawkeye and Black Window join up, just in time for the battle with The Ultimate X-Men. Plus, they appear in the Ultimate Spider-Man story; Ultimate Six! There everyone; not like their own selves, the avengers.

SnakeEyes
Have you read Volume 2 yet?

ScarletSpider
Ultimate Cap is great. He's not so morally stuffy as regular Cap can get at times. It was badass how he put Giant Man in traction, and how they're approaching the 40's sentiment clashing with the new millenium. And how he manipulates the Hulk. So cool.

Quicksilver is awesome too, talking down to the often times stuck up Black Widow. "You weren't even here at the battle!" "Actually you ungrateful sow, if you slow down any satelite video...."

IRTMU-Dragon
None of that ultimate bullshit for me please, and can you take off the onions?

Arachnoidfreak
hmm, someone doesn't like change.

ScarletSpider
Then don't read it. Simple as that. Despite freedom for all, the U.S. has a history of having one person that doesn't agree, or doesn't like something or who gets their feelings hurt, and that forces change upon all of us. Like mainstreaming mentally challenged children into schools, it takes away precious funds from the other children, and hinders their working environment. Like ADD kids too, they burn up educational budgets because their parents are offended that their kids are, in all reality, just plain ****ing stupid, so they invent a bunch of shit, put them on drugs because they can't handle being parents and taking a firm stance in anything regarding discipline. Or Micheal Newdow, who has some beef with God, so he trumps up some stupid constitutional shit, says saying the Pledge of allegiance is bias and harmful to his daughter's rights and he wants a safer life for her. Well tell her not to say the goddamn pledge you dirty ex-hippie Starbucks neo-intellectual, who probably enjoyed Matrix Revelations. Sweet Jesus, anyone that likes that movie should just be put in a "federal pound me in the ass" prison. Anyways, at least some good came about, it was decided more or less "Screw you Newdow, we're going to say the pledge anyways." And Ralph Nader, quit running for office already, you're a nobody, only liberal frappachino-sipping college freshman who most likely major in new age transcendentalist modern swirly gay shit civil disobendience art. So go sit on the John, eat a big healthy bar of low-carb Fiber, and shit it through your system. I hate SUV's and people who drive while talking on cell phones. Give me liberty, hot dogs, high calorie pies, everything I own I want it to have been made in Japan. Elect Kerry, because he actually served in 'Nam when his country called upon him, although it was a disasterous war, and I won't go into that right now. Bring back Ren & Stimpy, and give Ross Perot back to the aliens that brought him here.

That's it, I'm out, I don't even know what the hell any of this is about.

Arachnoidfreak
Oi! That's a f*cking broad generalization. I have ADD, don't take medication, and I'm far from stupid. Also, the medication thing and the constant bickering is the ignorant parent's fault, not the child's. Don't call someone stupid because they rather play than sit in a dull room talking about math. Having a short attention span is far from beinf stupid. The discipline thing is true though. Firm discipline will straighten just about any child out, it's probably what did it for me....uh, what was I talking about again? *goes and plays with legos* roll eyes (sarcastic)

your little rant there would be better applied to kids with"mental disabilities" at least, I think so.

laughing Office Space was a great movie.

F*ckin' right!

ScarletSpider
I didn't mean to insult you or anything, and I know there are different degrees and individual cases. I don't mean to knock on people with ADD or any sort of condition like that, but the parents and doctors who keep shoving it in our faces, and making up new conditions like it. I think that more often than not, it's just a personality trait, and it's ridiculous to pump kids full of drugs to regulate who they are. I also don't like the kids who have it, and try to flaunt it, that because they have this and this and this, and are often, just lazy or ignorant, suck up money that would be better suited to kids who want to try and achieve.

As for people with mental dissabilities, down syndrome etc. I think they would be safer and better off in an environment catered to them. They deserve to be given good care, and they just don't get that in public schools, and it infringes on us "regular people's" environment. It is truly a conundrum. Oh well. So what are your thoughts on Ultimate Carnage?

VENOMfan
there is no Kassidy, I like the origon aspect but how do they think this Carnage makes the old Carnage look tame?

Kassidy is what made Carnage fearsome not the symbiote

ScarletSpider
Yeah, it sucks that there's no Kassidy, but the "symbiote" is pretty weird. Reminiscient of the current Venom series, where it's jumping from host to host and sucking them dry.

Arachnoidfreak
I agree on the medication thing, doctors have tried putting me on it, but it never stuck, I never felt the need for it anyway.

I haven't read the Carnage storyarc yet, I don't collect the individual issue anymore, I wait for the trade paperback, no ads, and no cliffhangers!

Manowar
Fukin A! big grin

SnakeEyes
Office Space was a spectacular movie!
But lets get back to topic now

bardock
i read a littl on dot comics it was pretty cool.vote kerry

ScarletSpider
Indeed.

SnakeEyes
Ultimates Volume 2 is much better. It is about an alien invasion and Cap kicks ass a lot. Thor destroys part of an alien Squadron (lots and lots of ships), by himself. It is definitely worth buying.

ScarletSpider
Hoping to restart this thread instead of make a new one.

Anyone read Ultimate Nightmare yet? It's a mini-series just starting, it's the first series in a triliogy. After Nightmare is Ultimate Secret. Don't know what the third one is.

Here's the cover for Ultimate Secret. Is that an Ultimate Captain Marvel?! :-O?!

SUPERMANDAMAN
Yea i thought it was pretty good but that Ultimate secrete looks pretty tight.

ScarletSpider
Yeah it does. Not much happened in Nightmare #1, besides Ellis setting up the story, but it looks promising so far. And an introduction to a great new character!

SUPERMANDAMAN
Yea if it have Ultimates infront of it I like it.

Mr Zero
I'm thinking of starting an ULTIMATE ZERO Identity here on KMC - so good news for you there!

SnakeEyes
are they coming out with tpb's of the Ultimate Nightmare and ultimate Secret series?

SUPERMANDAMAN
To early to tell but im guessing that they will since its a mini series and also its the Ultimates, kinda wish Iron man was in Ultimate Nightmare though

ScarletSpider
They'll probably come out with a tpb. There's a third series to take place after Secret, but I don't know anything about it. They're supposed to be treated like a trilogy, as you would a movie series, so there's probably some underlying theme or character tying them all together. I can't wait for Ultimate Marv though! Hopefully Rick Jones will get introduced.

SnakeEyes
not to change the subjet but what is the next Ultimates arc about?

Alpha Centauri
Has there even been anything released as to what the new arc will be about? I don't remember.

-AC

manjaro
i know i just got here late but i echo the sentiments of all the brkoe PPL. but when broke do what i do. go to BArnes &Noble and real all the comics they have . thats where i read Ulitmates Vol.1 and 2. My fave thing about them was the part when they were discussing what actor should play them in a movie, and just for one panel they drew Nick Fury to resemble Sam Jackson

ScarletSpider
Well, from the teaser released like a year ago, the next Ultimates volume will "Address Stark's failing health, Thor's godhood and blah blah some shit about Cap"

SnakeEyes
hmmmmmm sounds good to me

SnakeEyes
please post anyone if they have information on the arc. Or favorite moments from the series, or favorite characters/

SnakeEyes
my favorite character is Cap, he's so much better and is a badass. And they took the little wing things from his head! YEAH!
Thor is my second favorite, he is VERY powerful, yet mysterious because his origin has not been explained yet.
I liked the revamp of Iron Mans suit, it looks much better.

One of my fav. moments is when thor takes down all of the alien ships in volume 2. I also liked it when Cap said :do u think this letter on my head stands for france!" that made me laugh.

eleveninches
http://www.marvel.com/wallpaper/papers/ul_1280.jpg

SnakeEyes
figured I would give this very old thread a bumping...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.