My Camping Trip

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyclops
Yes, I was supposed to be back tomorrow afternoon. But, AREN'T YOU GLAD I AM BACK EARLY!?!?! big grin

Anyways, we (Myself, Darth Midal, Emerald Maiden and Elijah Papilon...KMC screen names. wink Yes, Raz, I am spreading the word about KMC big grin) left at 07:15 or so in the morning on Monday, and made it to Algonquin Park at about 14:00 or so. We finally got both canoes there and paddled our little hearts out against the wind and the current about 3 miles or so. It was tough, especailly going back to get the rest of our stuff. God, what a workout! big grin We overpacked a little bit. It was raining a little, and our camp site was very shaded and a little slanted. Elijah kept slipping, and I was laughing at him complaining. We eventually got camp set up, made dinner, and relaxed around the fire. Somewhat of an uneventful day, but we were all pretty tired.

We woke up the next day, ate breakfast, and Elijah didnt feel good. I thought he needed to sit on the toilet, and I was right. laughing Elijah and I went out fishing (unsuccessfully... but that was my second time fishing.) and came back in. Midal and Emerald Maiden went out for a canoe ride while I chopped fire wood and Papilon tried to ease his poor tummy... awwww... laughing When Midal and Emerald Maiden returned, they told us they found a better spot; more sun and flat ground. We packed up and moved, and soon were at a new site. It was gorgeous. I started a fire and went for a walk to find some firewood.... I took care of the fire. It was relaxing. When I finally had a decent fire going, I sat around it kind of sunbathing. All and all, it was a good day.

The next morning, I was woken up by Midal. I looked outside and noticed the lakes that I had in my shoes. Apparently it rained that night. cry We packed up and left, as it was crappy the first day, nice the next, crappy that day, and supposed to be just as bad the next.

So here I am. There is a lot more to tell, and pictures soon to come. That was my trip. Very relaxing for the most part. Lots of canoing, lots of log chopping, and some fishing and sight-seeing. wink big grin

silver_tears
Fire sounds nice love

SlipknoT
well that sounded like a big waste of time

Jury
No it's not... it's a memorable experience, right Ruby-Eyes?

Cyclops
More then that happened, that was a summary. roll eyes (sarcastic)

We all had fun... roasted marshmellows, talked, relaxed. Vacations are "RELAX" time.

Jury
..and Cykey... post de pictures as soon as possible.

Flavio
it must have been a great trip...i've never "camped(right past?)"

shellie
hi cy

glad to have you back sweetie

pinsleepe
greetings for Elijah!

Vampy
well.... nice trip i see messed glad you're back

Cyclops
Got my camping pictures!

Cyclops
... what an uninventive name for the road.

Cyclops
Pictures arent posting right...

Plan B! eek!

Give me a few

Cyclops
... what an uninventive name for the road.

Cyclops
No, that failed too. Wow, not my day.

Plan C! Gimme a few more

Cyclops
I think this might work. Click here for my Camping Trip Slideshow!

pinsleepe
nice pics!

Korri
aww big grin

Cyclops
Thanks. That isnt all of them. 7 would not upload to the slide-show

Black Onyx
rightious cool

Cyclops
Tubular!

Deathblow
never EVER go camping in Oregon.

Cyclops
Is it that bad?

Deathblow
Yes. Yes it is sad

Cyclops
Care to share it with the rest of the class? big grin

Deathblow
Not really, its a long and traumatizing story, fraught with gale-force winds, leeches, a very bad temepered leash-less blood hound and more rain than an Indian monsoon season erm

Lets just say that now, Oregon is to me as Mordor was to Frodo and Sam. A dark land of unspeakable evil no

Cyclops
Will somebody give this guy a hug? He went through hell!

Sorry, brother.

Tired Hiker
Nice mushrooms! eek!

Tired Hiker
I live near Oregon. laughing out loud

Cyclops
Thanks! They didnt taste to good though. erm

Tired Hiker
Did you classify them before you ate them? blink Or are you joking?

Cyclops
Im kidding... laughing

Tired Hiker
laughing out loud

Cyclops
I might be irresponsible, but in inept. wink

I wouldnt eat things like that.

Tired Hiker
That's a good thing! yes I on the other hand am going to eat mushrooms right now! If I can find them... . .. shifty

Lianslo
*hugs deathblow* hope that made you feel better smile but your trip sounds cool cyclops! and those pics of the sunset over the lake were absolutely beautiful!

Cyclops
Thank you. I do my best. embarrasment

And TH: yes

Tired Hiker
Damn, I couldn't find them. erm

Cyclops
SHITTY DEAL! Sorry, dude.

Tired Hiker
I was seriously going to eat majik mushrooms and hang out on KMC. Could you imagine the threads I'd create??? They'd probably be normal. erm

Cyclops
laughing Hilarious

Túrelie
great pics scottie.

and i love camping

Discos
camping,

for some reason I hate camping/caravan and anything which doesnt involve being in a hotel or my own house.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.