Rock vs Rap

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cartman12388
Which is better???????

m!$hA
DEF rap!

Cartman12388
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo( breaths)oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooo

m!$hA
yeah well we'll see!

Cartman12388
hey well it's tied right now but trust me soon everyone will come to the rock side

Cartman12388
Happy Dance

MF D00m
I think this will stir A LOT of debate, haha.

Cartman12388
oh come onthats it who just voted rap????????????????????????????????????????????? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm tell me now or i'll cut you and everything you stand for

Cartman12388
did you mf d00m?????

m!$hA
see, rap rocks!

Cartman12388
hey hey hey its just the beginning my dear

m!$hA
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cartman12388
oooooooooooooo that hurts

Cartman12388
rock

finti
dont like rap

furryman
How many times has this been done laughing out loud
and then it goes into whether mainstream or underground

anyway, I don't like rap, so rock wink

m!$hA
yeah ive dont mainstream/underground!

TrAnCeDuO
now its 3 to 2

HockeyHorror
this is stupid

rock will win because majority listens to rock at KMC.

i voted for rap.

and cartman u dont know shit about music.

Deathblow
You can't really compare them erm

But rock would get my vote yes

el barto
Yeah.... You can't compare. I only like old rock and I only like Eminems funny songs (OK! I ADMIT IT) but I still voted rock.

HockeyHorror
FINALLY^^

he admitted laughing

el barto
Only the funny songs.

HockeyHorror
sure wink

el barto
roll eyes (sarcastic)

HockeyHorror
yes

blaze552
rock all da way

blaze552
but then again lp has SOME rap

Darth Revan
omgomgomg lp is so cool dood :roliln:

SeptemberRain
im gonna rock this b!tch

Deathblow
Most rap metal sucks erm

Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, POD etc thumb down

SeptemberRain
i agree

starshine
ROCK! big grin

Cartman12388
I think Def Leppard is a good rock band

Cartman12388
Ok HockeyHorror I'm going to be nice k, I'm trying to make it so people won't put other people down on this this thread. So I need you to do something for me k, I want you to take your keyboard and shove it up your ass along with your ego ok, great thanks..............................

Your pal big grin cartman12388

HockeyHorror
wow that was funny smile

but u would know that u cant compare rock with rap. different genres completely...

u could haev said "Which you like", Not "Which is better"

so u were wrong and i was right yes

have a nice day

*listens to RATM

Cartman12388
hey buddy first of all learn how to spell have, next the basis of all rap music is rock music, that is a proven statistic. So along with the keyboard and your ego shove that. And in conclusion you obviously know nothing about music.

Darth Revan
yes

you can't compare the two because they're so different... I can listen to a Tupac song, for example, and it's a great song, but then I go listen to a Metallica song, and it's also a great song, but they're so different you can't compare them and choose which is better. Sometimes I'm in the mood to listen to rock, sometimes hip hop. But at the same time... I have to vote rock, just because I'll always be a metalhead deep down inside, as corny as that sounds happy

HockeyHorror
laughing out loud

welcome to kmc where no one is perfect except u and your stupid remarks. no

u think what you think, and ill set out the facts

bye smile

Darth Revan

Cartman12388
ohhhh hockey your just mad that i'm right and you're wrong

Darth Revan
I said it once and I'll say it again:

Darth Revan
like cartmman dood ur just mad that im right and ur wrong hahahaha

Cartman12388
again lets get this right alllllllllllllll music is derived from rock wether it be blues jazz or rap that is a proven fact it does not matter what you listen to it came from rock so in ending this arguement listen to what you want just know it came from rock wether you like it or not

HockeyHorror
laughing out loud laughing out loud

HockeyHorror
alllllll music eh?

even classical?

shows how much u know yes

Cartman12388
alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll music

HockeyHorror
wow thats sad

so ur saying Mozart was inspired by rock music.

laughing

Cartman12388
yea its all music

HockeyHorror
LMAO LMAO

Darth Revan you gotta read this man^ laughing out loud
laughing out loud
laughing out loud
laughing out loudlaughing out loud
laughing out loud
laughing out loud

WindDancer
I don't like rap and I don't like some Rock bands.....so I think they both balance equally in my book.

spanky420
punk/rock all the way!!!

HockeyHorror
laughing

i cant stop laughing to the fact that cartman thinks classical music was influenced by rock laughing out loud

Cartman12388
yo whatever i really don't care what you think i was just stating a fact ok argument is over

Deathblow
But its not a fact blink

Classical music was being written hundreds of years before guitars were even invented, so unless Chuck Berry somehow went back in time and did a jam session during the Renaissance for his buddy Beethoven, I really don't see how classical composers could be influenced by a genre which wouldn't even exist for 400 years.

Is the argument over now?

Df02
refuse to vote...dont see the point, both have their good and bad sides

Gemini no Saga
Rock , of course!!! rock

Arachnoidfreak
I think this needs to be posted twice, so cartman can see it.

MF D00m
Cartman needs to grow up and realize that one's not better than the other, and that rock is itself influenced by other genre's also. Just like all music is, duh!

Anyway, rap sucks. It's all about hip-hop !!!!

SnakeEyes
u cannot really compare them like it has been said b4, because rap is so horrible that it should not be considered music! it sucks a lot, no offense to ppl who like it.

PunisherFan33
rock totaly

HockeyHorror
i get mixed up with terms

isn't rap WHAT YOU DO and hip hop THE GENRE

and there is UNDERGROUND and MAINSTREAM

MF D00m
i.g.n.o.r.a.n.c.e.

MF D00m
Hip-Hop is everything... including emceeing.

HockeyHorror
yes

VENOMfan
I just read this thread, Have to say I didnt see to much about either Rock or Rap.

just a bunch of nonsense. Im not going to pretend like I know hip hop but I do know there IS a difference between the sh!t on MTV and actual music/musical talent

most RAP is what they play on MTV right? and Hip Hop is the good stuff?
or underground?

not to mention...what ROCK are you talking about? isnt there industrial, nu-metal, death metal, Punk*wich I cant stand*, hardcore rock, alternative rock, classic rock, rock and roll, rap metal, old school rock........

HockeyHorror
yes

Darth Revan
Obviously you're the one who knows nothing about music here. I'll give you a brief history of music, m'kay?

Okay, so a long time ago, in the middle ages, there was very little written music. Mostly it was just a bunch of wandering minstrels and other professional musicians who went around and played for nobles. In the Renaissance era, people started writing down music... It was a pretty primitive system of notation though.

So from Renaissance music evolved Baroque music, which people still play and listen today. Bach is the most obvious example of a Baroque era composer. The characteristics of Baroque music are that it is heavy on strings, there are fewer wind instruments, and little piano music... mostly you just see harpsichords and organs, as pianos were fairly crappy back then.

So then came classical, and later the romantic or victorian era. Guys like Beethoven and Mozart were the pioneers of classical and romantic music. There is a lot more piano in this time period, and it is less "ordered" so to speak.

Meanwhile, in Africa, people were still banging on drums made of logs and goat skin, forming complex rythms with small percussion groups. Around this time, people of European descent started taking Africans back to Cuba, Puerto Rico, and the Americas to be slaves. It was here that early Latin music started, with the combination of African percussion and Spanish/Middle Eastern stringed instruments.

Later, in the American South, came the advent of what would prove to be probably the most influential musical genre thus far: blues. This was during and before the Civil War, and during the Reconstruction era that followed it. It originated from the huge plantations where small armies of African slaves were kept by plantation owners. They had really crappy lives, so they decided to start a musical genre based on little other than their sheer musical talent and the incredible crappiness of their lives. It ended up sounding really great. It was very little like people think of blues nowadays... Mostly what you saw was a guy with an acoustic guitar and a nice voice singing and playing, and occasionally a bass and some drums.

Now, by the turn of the century, this blues thing was really catching on in the black population. Even now that they were officially "free", their lives still really sucked, for the most part. And again, they poured their sadness, their anger, and their beautiful deep, rich voices into their music. Blues kept evolving up through the '20's and '30's, and jazz and swing came out of it during this time period.

Now, here's the part you've all been waiting for. This is the part where blues turns into rock. There was once a young man named Elvis Presley. He was white, unlike every other blues musician at the time. He wasn't much of a guitarist, but he had a hell of a voice, and he was destined to be the man who brought blues to mainstream white America. He got a hold of some old blues tunes, recorded them, and the rest is history (heh, always wanted to say that happy ). The other half of blues, however, turned into gospel, soul, and R&B, all of which used to be beautiful genres.

So after Elvis, came 50's rock, out of which eventually came surf guitar (Dick Dale and the Del Tones), acid rock (The Grateful Dead), heavy metal (Led Zeppelin), punk (the Ramones), glam rock (I won't mention any glam rock bands, because this was just a bad, bad phase music went through), and a shitload of other rock sub-genres that I'm too lazy to list.

So you see, as far as modern music goes, it all started with good ol' Jim Crow down in Mississippi singin' the blues. I guess you were wrong after all. happy

HockeyHorror
yes

that was good. kick ass!!

lets see how cartmans going to respond to that

So then came classical, and later the romantic or victorian era. Guys like Beethoven and Mozart were the pioneers of classical and romantic music. There is a lot more piano in this time period, and it is less "ordered" so to speak.

yes

Darth Revan
classical music kicks ass cool

HockeyHorror
yup yes

Bana_Rama1968
i voted Rock..cuz Rock rocks lol and Rap sucks sorry but i hate rap sooo much!! mad

i like both equally...i started out a rock fan, moved to rap, now i like all types of music...

Darth Revan
*sigh* so many rap haters in the world, so little time to expain hip hop to them all...

but in the meantime... I poop on HaTerz war

HockeyHorror
i piss on haters...im getting my old sig back yes

Darth Revan
laughing

HockeyHorror
i got a headache. mad

ima listen to some classical music

Jedi Mind Tricks feat Kool G Rap- Animal Rap

laughing

MF D00m
98% of KMCers don't know what hip-hop is. This turn out was expected... by me anyway.

HockeyHorror
yes

twigNig
Many people have different opinions, but I am very picky about music and cannot listen to anything other than rock. I'm even picky about what kind of rock I listen to.....

finti
dont hate rap, it just isnt the thing I can sit down and listen to. And this west coast east coast fued is a huge turnoff too, the likes that some prominent rappers actually got killed over it tells it all.

The only rap I actually can listen too is the good old Grandmaster melle mel big grin
But I prefer rock anyday though, but hey that was the music when I was growing up, time changes so those who do love rap go for it, if you can somehow identify yourself with it ,whats better?

m!$hA
rap is where theres just the "talking" throught the whole song and hip hop is where theres singing/a tune for the chorus.
mainstream is the stuff you hear on the radio and mtv
underground is the stuff which you DONT hear!!!!

RebelPhoenix
I think most rap/hip hop and rock/metal are pretty much the opposite sides of the same coin - of course they have their differences but when it comes down to it they share similar negative aspects musically, lyrically, image wise and in terms of the personalities involved. In another way - they have different appraoches and make different sounds but they tend to have the same arguments against them because it really comes down to a matter of personal taste and in alot of cases cultural popularity.

Most of the real gems go on unheard of due to commercial dominance and even the underground scene has it's own bureacracy. Hence I don't prefer one or the other in general and prefer to just go on individual merit e.g. just take each song as it comes when it comes to what I like.

PunisherFan33
y does everybody think rap is better its just moanin and groanin with the f*** word no go with rock its much better rock

Darth Revan
another hip hop hater... the music forum is full of stuff that talks about how not all rap is bad, go read some of it, it'll do you good... I like both rock and hip hop yes

HockeyHorror
PunisherFan33

look at my sig yes

learn from it

embrace it
laughing out loud

Darth Revan
laughing

Cartman12388
I do like some rap but mostly like rock, it's probably because i was raised into it

Cartman12388
Hell yea big grin

Darth Revan
I'll say it again Cartman, since you seem to be ignoring me.

Obviously you're the one who knows nothing about music here. I'll give you a brief history of music, m'kay?

Okay, so a long time ago, in the middle ages, there was very little written music. Mostly it was just a bunch of wandering minstrels and other professional musicians who went around and played for nobles. In the Renaissance era, people started writing down music... It was a pretty primitive system of notation though.

So from Renaissance music evolved Baroque music, which people still play and listen today. Bach is the most obvious example of a Baroque era composer. The characteristics of Baroque music are that it is heavy on strings, there are fewer wind instruments, and little piano music... mostly you just see harpsichords and organs, as pianos were fairly crappy back then.

Meanwhile, in Africa, people were still banging on drums made of logs and goat skin, forming complex rythms with small percussion groups. Around this time, people of European descent started taking Africans back to Cuba, Puerto Rico, and the Americas to be slaves. It was here that early Latin music started, with the combination of African percussion and Spanish/Middle Eastern stringed instruments.

Later, in the American South, came the advent of what would prove to be probably the most influential musical genre thus far: blues. This was during and before the Civil War, and during the Reconstruction era that followed it. It originated from the huge plantations where small armies of African slaves were kept by plantation owners. They had really crappy lives, so they decided to start a musical genre based on little other than their sheer musical talent and the incredible crappiness of their lives. It ended up sounding really great. It was very little like people think of blues nowadays... Mostly what you saw was a guy with an acoustic guitar and a nice voice singing and playing, and occasionally a bass and some drums.

Now, by the turn of the century, this blues thing was really catching on in the black population. Even now that they were officially "free", their lives still really sucked, for the most part. And again, they poured their sadness, their anger, and their beautiful deep, rich voices into their music. Blues kept evolving up through the '20's and '30's, and jazz and swing came out of it during this time period.

Now, here's the part you've all been waiting for. This is the part where blues turns into rock. There was once a young man named Elvis Presley. He was white, unlike every other blues musician at the time. He wasn't much of a guitarist, but he had a hell of a voice, and he was destined to be the man who brought blues to mainstream white America. He got a hold of some old blues tunes, recorded them, and the rest is history (heh, always wanted to say that happy ). The other half of blues, however, turned into gospel, soul, and R&B, all of which used to be beautiful genres.

So after Elvis, came 50's rock, out of which eventually came surf guitar (Dick Dale and the Del Tones), acid rock (The Grateful Dead), heavy metal (Led Zeppelin), punk (the Ramones), glam rock (I won't mention any glam rock bands, because this was just a bad, bad phase music went through), and a shitload of other rock sub-genres that I'm too lazy to list.

So you see, as far as modern music goes, it all started with good ol' Jim Crow down in Mississippi singin' the blues. I guess you were wrong after all. happy

m!$hA
eek! laughing rock

Cartman12388
Holy shit darth raven the argument is already over

Darth Revan
First of all, it's Darth REVAN, not "Raven". Second, since when was the argument over? It seems to me you're just saying it is because you know you got schooled by me. Admit it, I owned you just now.

Cartman12388
look right now i'm tryin to make good with this site cause i got banned once ok so I'm gonna tell you this once and only once the arument is over so end it.

Darth Revan
But I posted that originally before you said the argument was over; which would seem to indicate that you "ended" the argument just because I posted that, and you know everything in it is correct. Which proves your "all music comes from rock" theory wrong. The thread is still open, and the argument is too. And finally, I assume you got banned before for flaming or socking or some other thing you did yourself, not something that was said to you. So we can keep arguing as long as we don't flame each other, m'kay? happy

HockeyHorror
wow Darth Revan you murdered him verbally yes thats insane laughing out loud good job

you proved ur point.

cartman u were wrong yes again!

the argument is never over..because there will be another nooblet thats walks in and says something like "Rock Sucks" or "Rap is for idiots" or "Rock raped Rap in a dancing contest"

anything is possible at KMC...and im just gonna see more of it..day...by day...by day laughing out loud laughing

Cartman12388
first of all the thing you posted about the music i never even read it so i didn't end it cause of you. i ended it because it is stupid to arue about. This thread is suppose to be about people talking about what they like better and what kinds of bands they like. Ok.

Myth
Definitely... DEFINITELY Rock.

Alpha Centauri
Darth Revan,

Nice job.

Secondly, I'll drop my thoughts in. By thought I mean fact.

People bang on about the greatest MC of all time and they always say 2pac or Biggie or whoever else.

I shall tell you for a fact now that for sheer lyrical skill and REAL meaningful lyrical content and intellect, Zack De La Rocha reigns supreme as the greatest rhymer ever. Followed by Method Man of The Wu-Tang Clan. No....stop you internal dialogue of "But 2pac..." No. You're wrong, deal with it.

Zack is way better than any Hiphop lyricist and he trails some of Rocks singers/lyricists by a long long way. When it comes down to it, you can't put rhymers rhyming on top of a studio made beat against the best bands in the world who actually play music on instruments.

If you go away from this thread saying "Alpha hates Hiphop" you would be wrong. The Hiphop I love is REAL Hiphop.

For all you 13 year old Eminem worshippers, that means:

Big Daddy Kane, Rakim and Eric B, Wu-Tang, Public Enemy, Aesop Rock, A Tribe Called Quest, Big Punisher, Method Man and The Wu-Tang Clan, Outkast and maaaaaaybe Jay-Z.

I love Hiphop. Which is why in pains me to see it become the ****, money-hungry genre it has. I defend it where it's due, against those who say it's just people swearing. It's not. However it has more shit than almost any other genre besides Bubblegum Pop.

So is Rock or "Rap" better. Rock, by far. It's just the way it is. Without Rock, "Rap" wouldn't be here.

Lastly, stop referring to it as "Rap". Rap is something you do, it's not a genre. It's called Hiphop.

*Dusts hands*

-AC

HockeyHorror
Big Daddy Kane, Rakim and Eric B, Wu-Tang, Public Enemy, Aesop Rock, A Tribe Called Quest, Big Punisher, Method Man and The Wu-Tang Clan, Outkast and maaaaaaybe Jay-Z

just take out jay-z and thats a perfect list.

Cartman u cant say which is better since they are soo different. both are great in there own aspects and traditions (that seems like the right word to use)

BackFire
I prefer rock over rap for the most part. However, I love MC Hammer, that guy had some awesome beats.

el barto
B-b-b- BURN!!! eek! laughing out loud eek! laughing out loud eek! laughing out loud

moonwalker741
Cartman12388, i read sum of your post, and all im saying is laughing laughing , its so sad, Mozart wuz influenced by rock, vry funny

Revan, alot of mad props, funny stuff you wrote about the hitory of rock... big grin

...o yeh, um, i like rap as equal as rock, so ther both evan in my book wink , i listen to them both

Cartman12388
HockeyHorror i'm gonna explain this to you ok. I meant the title to be you the viewer and everyone else on what they like better rock or rap.

HockeyHorror
best producers in hip hop

1. RJD2
2. Madlib
3. Stoupe
4. MF DOOM
5. RZA

and more...
those are my favs at this point

if u thinkin about listenin to better beats than any dr.dre eminem etc etc did, listen to the production of those 5 i listed smile

Darth Revan
Well, one could argue to that, that you were the one who started the argument based on your behavior earlier in the thread. Let's have a little look-see, shall we?

Alright, this was the first flame you posted:

"Ok HockeyHorror I'm going to be nice k, I'm trying to make it so people won't put other people down on this this thread. So I need you to do something for me k, I want you to take your keyboard and shove it up your ass along with your ego ok, great thanks..............................

Your pal big grin cartman12388"

You've progressed quite a bit since then, I must give you credit for that much. The second one:

"hey buddy first of all learn how to spell have, next the basis of all rap music is rock music, that is a proven statistic. So along with the keyboard and your ego shove that. And in conclusion you obviously know nothing about music."

Well, you start off by nitpicking Hockey's typo. I admit, I've done that myself a couple times. So then you go and give a reason, which is a good thing, I'll give you that much. But, the whole reason thing is pretty much negated by the fact that the reason isn't true at all (read my lengthy post above). And then you go back to the "shove it up your ass" thing, and tie it all up by claiming somebody who obviously knows a lot more about music than you knows nothing. smart

So then you go on to claim that all music is derived from rock, even classical:

"again lets get this right alllllllllllllll music is derived from rock wether it be blues jazz or rap that is a proven fact it does not matter what you listen to it came from rock so in ending this arguement listen to what you want just know it came from rock wether you like it or not"

to which Hockey replied: "alllllll music eh?

even classical?

shows how much u know"

to which you replied: "alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll music"

Hockey: "wow thats sad

so ur saying Mozart was inspired by rock music."

You: "yea its all music"

...Dunno, maybe I was wrong and you've actually evolved backwards since your first "big" diss. Interesting turn of events there, I'll have to ask my science teacher about that whole backwards evolution thing.

el barto
roll eyes (sarcastic) I think we understand that roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Revan
btw that last post of mine was to Cartman's last one on page 5

and thanks everybody embarrasment big grin

moonwalker741
Man, i read this whole thread, its very funny big grin lol, ok u caqn go on argueing..

Alpha Centauri
The big difference between Rock and Hiphop is this:

While both genres have shit musicians and shit fans of those musicians, only in Hiphop circles are you called a hater for not liking someone who is popular. I was into Eminem's stuff WAY before most people, when he was really freaking good. Then when he sold out I stopped listening to him and people went "You're a hater". Player Hater means being envious of one's accomplishments and wanting what they have without making any effort to get it yourself. I don't want what he has because I'd like to have a music career built in REAL hard work and respect. Not working to get famous then selling out to get money.

In Rock, the shit is recognised as just that. Shit. The people who know what real Rock is, know who is shit and who isn't. In Hiphop, it's very rare to find someone who truly likes great rhymers. They will almost always mention someone crap.

Like you'll get a real Rock fan and ask them "What do you think of Evanescence?" and they'll say shit. If you get a Hiphop fan and say "What do you think of Eminem?". Rather than speak the truth and say "He was ill but now he's a sell out pop-hop artist." They'll most likely say "Well he's doing his thing, he's getting money. Can't hate on him". Like money ever had anything to do with making good music. So Rock is better than Hiphop in more ways than music.

-AC

Darth Revan
^ good points yes

HockeyHorror
yup yes

best thread i've ever seen

Alpha Centauri
*Strikes a superhero stance*

You're welcome.

Darth Revan, I noted your sig. I applaud on your apparantly great taste.

-AC

Darth Revan
thanks big grin

HockeyHorror
yea! Communist Power!!

Darth Revan
Happy Dance

stick out tongue

Kaleanae
Rock!!

m!$hA
NOONE can say which is better

moonwalker741
^ yes!, threads like this is about opinion

m!$hA
yes

Cartman12388
ok look i have previously said this earlie i ment it as what type of music do you like more out of the 2

Alpha Centauri
Well, for one Misha is wrong.

If someone displays talent in that area above all else, it doesn't matter who thinks it or not.

If you were to say 2pac was the greatest rhymer, you'd be wrong. If I were to say Zack De La Rocha, I'd be right. Because the criteria people judge rhymers by, he excels in all of them beyond anyone else. If 10 people said George Bush sucked and 10 said he never. The 10 who said he does would be right because by the standards of good presidency and human rights, his moral servitude make him a terrible person and president.

Resorting to the old "but it's all about opinion" thing when you are getting your argument shot to pieces is cowardly.

-AC

ragesRemorse
Rock actually requires musical understanding and talent, even if most of it blows ass anymore

HockeyHorror
and hip hop doesnt? yea most mainstream doesn't require talent, but the underground rappers are creative and most have creative production

TheRealistKilla
i like both rock and rap.

to bad some rock bands cant do a song with one of todays rap artists.

i cant even think of who to compare.

it's already been proven that rap and rock are both great with both groups.

when run d.m.c and areosmith did walk this way everyone loved it.

Deathblow
Yeah that would be good, but only if its done right. Take Korn, they have a real thing about collaborating with famous rappers, but they almost always screw it up:

Korn & Ice Cube - Children Of The Korn (sucked, apart from Jon's last screaming bit)

Korn & Tre Hardson - Cameltosis (nice and creepy, but a little boring)

Korn & Nas - Play Me (doesn't work at all, Nas doesn't sound right)

TheRealistKilla
ice cube blows now to be honest.

he was only good in n.w.a

korn could team with eminem because eminem does have that spark in his voice to stand in with korn if he wanted to.

Deathblow
He was better individually than he was with NWA. The Predator is the best gangsta rap album ever made. But nowadays he just acts mostly.

Good call. They could team up with Em your right, and it would probably work...but he's way too far up his own ass to do anything like that.

TheRealistKilla
did you catch the anger managment tour?

it was korn eminem paparoach and some other bands i 4got the names.

but the show kicked major ass.

HockeyHorror
ice cube is still great.

Deathblow is that Eyedea in your sig?

Eyedea is one of the greatest rappers. TheRealistKilla you should really check out some underground hip hop. its ill lyrically and production wise.

TheRealistKilla
i heard some of the jedi mind tricks shit.

it was raw as hell

HockeyHorror
for some reason i wanna see a collab between

MF DOOM and Korn

yes

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Cabin/1692/Korn/korn.jpg

http://www.dustygroove.com/images/products/m/madvillainm_moneyfold_101b.jpg

laughing

i dont think it would work

TheRealistKilla
bone thugz and korn?

HockeyHorror
ummm no bone thugs wouldn't work with Korn.

maybe Atmosphere and Korn

TheRealistKilla
eminem and godsmack

eminem can do the vocals wile godsmack do rythemz.

what im trying to do is to put a rap star that has a fire inside him or her to team with a kick ass band with fuel and make the shit explode.

Deathblow
laughing out loud holy shit Korn look so god damn lame in that pic laughing out loud

and hock, its definitely not Eydea in my sig laughing out loud its Daryl Palumbo from a band called Glassjaw yes

You know Korn/MF doom could possibly work...imagine the kind of weird trippy shit they could come out with...

Deathblow
Wu Tang Clan/Korn, that could work.

TheRealistKilla
shit i 4got wu tang.

HockeyHorror
damn he looks alot like Eyedea.

http://www.indianapolismusic.net/pics3/princepaul/Eyedea.jpg

they kinda look alike.

wu tang wont work with korn. they cant even reunite anymore sad

HockeyHorror
Korn and Latyrx. both groups would do some crazy shit together.

Deathblow
He does yes

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Man that really sucks. Its been so long since they've really got together and made a real Wu song, like in the old days.

HockeyHorror
or cunninlynguists and korn

Deathblow
Latyrx? Never heard of them before.

HockeyHorror
therealistkilla if u want to try listening to some underground. try mf doom.

www.mfdoomsite.com

his style is different. if u dont like then listen to other artists like
cunninlynguists
aesop rock
atmosphere
mos def
immortal technique
cannibal ox

etc etc...ill give u a list if u need

HockeyHorror
Latyrx. they only have one album. and the title of the album is Album

laughing out loud

there style is different and i really like it.

Deathblow
Cool I'll look em up yes

omg I forgot all about Aesop Rock, I put one of his albums (Bazooka Tooth i think it was called?) on my 'buy later' list. Is it worth getting?

HockeyHorror
im not really an Aesop fan but Bazooka Tooth was good.

m!$hA
but what if the 10 people who said george bush DIDNT suck were the same as him...it's their OPPINION that he doesnt suck...and its the other 10 that he DOES suck!!
and theres a difference between saying 'who's better....2pac or 50 cent?" and saying "whos more TALENTED......2pac of 50 cent' theres a LOT of difference...only oppinion is correct in wether saying someone/something is better or worse...but fact is correct in saying someone/something is more talented than the other.....theres still oppinion involved in more 'talent' but its mainly based on fact.
dont u call me weak for saying that people are allowed their own oppinion on wether rap/rock is better....if the question was "what gerne of music is more loved out of rap/rock" or "in your oppinion, which is better out of rap/rock" ..... then yes it IS fact...but plainly saying rap is better then rock is oppinion because it's such a wide statement...."better" is not a good word to use......is it better in tune, better lyrically wise, better known, better instruments........better WHAT??? the word is so broad (if that means big) that it IS based on oppinion! an im not saying that if you said "which has better instruments, rap/rock" thats still opinion even tho the term is more narrower, you're still using the word 'better' if you ever use the word 'better' in a questioning sentence, it is truly based on oppinion and NOT fact!

Cartman12388
damn girls got alot of anger

m!$hA
i wasnt angry....i just have a lot to say!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>