KMC Asia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Asian Hulk
To all KMC Asia Fans Club been greetings from Japan,China,Taiwan,Indonesia,Hong Kong,Philippines,Singapore,Malaysia,Thailand,Vietn
am,Macao,Cambodia,Laos and South Korea.

N0SFERATU
confused

Discos
ah I always like the look of Asians

Discos - sorry if it sounds offensive

N0SFERATU
But you couldn't eat a full one?

Aini
I love asian food........I'm starving btw.

N0SFERATU
No you're not, people in Somalia and ethiopia are staring, you're just either hungry or greedy stick out tongue

Aini
eat wink

Exabyte
I had some chinese food today happy

One of my best friends moved back to China yesterday cry

Aini
really? that sucks...

Exabyte
It does cry Il probably never see her again sad

Japanese sounds great lol smile

Linkalicious
Asian Hulk makes the hottest threads smokin'

Discos
I went to my friends house today and someone was following me all the way there for a while......turned out to be a chinese menu delivery girl

Fëanor
laughing ...

*best asian accent*

yooo so funny...

RebelPhoenix
What about the rest of Asia? As in the rest of the South or the entire Central, Western and Middle East? I hate it when people mention Asia or Asian people as if it consists only of South Eastern Asian people and the rest is just non-existent or doesn't matter. I'm not saying you are doing that personally in this case, it just reminded me of a very noticeable trend where many people only refer to certain people and yet are calling them by the whole continents name which is fine if the others were referenced too but in most cases I find that the rest of the continent doesn't even come to mind to people when they say it. So many people nowadays and even many of my own south eastern aquaintences and friends refer to themselves only when they say Asian and when I've mentioned the other largest group of people, the Indian sub-continent, in conversation (this has happened with US people only so far) they've said 'not the natives, the curry kind right?'. I just find that incredibly insulting.

I'm not saying that South East Asians don't have the right to call themselves Asian or for others to do so, that would be ridiculous - every person with roots in an Asian country has the right to say 'I'm Asian' or part Asian etc. I just don't like the way many people are dividing places in Asia nowadays e.g. only referring to SE Asians as Asian in conversation and others by their country or some other related reference - they are all Asian and if someone says 'Asian' in a conversation and only mean certain 'types' of Asian then they need to specify afterwards, not the other way round.

angiel
i don't wanna sound like a smart a$$, but are you asian?

RebelPhoenix
Yes, I am originally.

Just in case that's somehow misinterpreted though, I wouldn't have to be Asian in order to see a problem, since I passionate about ethics etc anyway stick out tongue. Plus, if I were specifically SE Asian and it was the other way round i.e. if there was a trend where another Asian group were being used as the overall reps in general conscious thought and conversation and I turned round and said but what about Chinese people? or Japenese, Vietnamese, Korean etc or just SE Asian people in general and people said to me 'oh the raw fish eating kind' I would be equally pissed off because it's just rude, inconsiderate and not necessarily accurate either. Asians are Asians which includes everyone from the continent, I can and have spoken with friends from all different parts of Asia and if it's a cultural debate in the end any one of us has said 'oh who cares, we're all Asian big grin ' and it's nice that way, where no one group is being referred to like they're the only ones who are acknowledged as Asian.

It just seems to me that people are segregating themselves or by others linguistically and now they are starting to think that way as well, highlighting the different groupings more then before. Of course Asia is made up of many many different types or people which is what is so wonderful and only a few years ago there used to be more of a community feeling about saying 'I'm Asian' and people saying it as an overall general reference; which it can only be, because to mean only certain groups is to specify, whereas now it seems that one specification has become the general.

EDIT - ack, I'm sorry lol I wasn't intending to write so much in either post messed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.