National Treasure

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

greyboy
Anyone caught the trailer for this yet? Looks pretty cool I guess....even if it is a popcorn movie. The part about the map being in the actual Constitution. Anyway, hopefully there isn't another thread on this, I didn't see any when I searched. Word!

forumcrew
looks entertainign atleast and with cage, kruger, bean and others has a good cast so it should be pretty good

SnakeEyes
i saw the trailer for this and it looks like a good heist/adventure flick.
I am not expecting the best, but just to be entertained...

greyboy
oh im at least expecting that. its pretty sweet that they picked such a cool idea...the constitution is a pretty well protected thing. it'll be cool to see how nicholas cage "takes down the security of the fed gov't"

lol....awesome!

Myth
I just watched the trailer and I think it will be horrible.

Jedi Priestess
Looks good to me. But then I like Nic Cage.

whatsupwithyou
horrible. simplu horrible! nic cage needs to stop making this horrid films

Myth
Matchstick Men was pretty good but I generally dislike Nic Cage's movies.

BloomBabyGirl
i dont know why but this seems to remind me of tomb raider

greyboy
i guess i can see where you say that...id like to see it end up a bit more like indy tho...

scott hiwersh
Maybe not Indy, but at least it is something new... I am thinking somewhere between indy and tomb raider 1.

greyboy
*bump*

had to bump bc i just started reading Angels & Demons and couldnt help but see some similarities here....maybe not directly dan brown-esque...but very similar i think..hidden meanings in everyday thing....ya'll agree?

scott hiwersh
Yes, both seem to talk about the unfinished pyramid thing... or at least refer to it. I cannot remember if they talk about it or just show it in the trailer, but it is in there... I think this will have a good deal of depth to it. I don't see Cage taking a poor script after his last few great ones...

ariwin
If you watch the Smart Trailer on the official site they give you all kinds of extra tidbits of information relating to the storyline. There's actually some very interesting stuff to be found there.

Bantache
ok, this is to anyone from the US. when is this being realesed state side? I really want to know, i mean Nicholas Cage and Sean Bean drool fest. love

greyboy
Hey - I'm super excited for this movie, too! The release date in the US is November 24th . . .

Have you checked out the Smarttrailer on the National Treasure main web page? It's really sweet - cool new features. Yeah, Sean Bean is going to be great in this. And I really like all the secret society stuff that's supposed to be in it.

roundisfunny
But, seeing as how you live in the UK, the US release date won't do you much good (unless you plan a trip up here before February 11, 2005, which is the scheduled release date for this movie in the UK).

greyboy
Yeah, and I was wrong about the US release date anyway. It's November 19, 2004. I guess they pushed up the release date. Good . . . less time for me to have to wait to see it.

Lord Soth
Yay Nicolas Cage!

roundisfunny
Whoops. You did say you wanted the US release date, didn't you? Sorry about that.

Bantache
Well i wanted the US date to see who would get to see it before me, but the UK date is totally awesome. Thanks.

I've whatched a trailer, it looked pretty awesome. Proper Disney quality. It is Disney isn't it?

greyboy
Have you seen the SmartTrailer? It's cool - lots of different features . . first one I've seen like that. http://nationaltreasure.movies.go.com/main.html

Yeah, it's Disney or Buena Vista - kind of the same thing. I expect it to be really good quality.

JamalMagloire
Why is no one talking about this? I would think that others, like myself, would be looking forward to it. I like the treaure hunter idea behind it.

mc pee pants
smiliegenerator

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=299839&highlight=national+treasure

Cinemaddiction
Just got back from the movie and thought it was absolutely fantastic. I'll throw up a review for you weekend warriors looking for a great movie to catch for the Holidays.

Lord Soth
I plan on seeing this very soon. Nic Cage is my favorite actor, and I love mystery/adventure movies like that, wouldn't miss it for the world

Jedi Priestess
Saw it liked it alot, my kid loved it. yes

Jackie Malfoy
I don't know if I want to see this movie or not.It looks alittle boring.And history is not one of my favorite subjects.But if one of my friends want to see it or my boyfriend I would see it with them but not by myself.
Just incase it is a waste of money!JM

Cinemaddiction
It has little to do with history, and is honestly far from boring. You can refer to my review.

Jackie Malfoy
What review is that?Sorry I read alittle bit of this thread but not the same thing I must had missed it.JM

scott hiwersh
It is def. not a history lesson, but the history facts add to the story imo. It is fun either way though. Worth a peek this weekend.

jeffer_wrote
Dan Brown-esque? I think the similarities only end up with the mention of the Knights Templar and the Masons, and the riddles/clues...

saw this film, enjoyed it...quite thrilling, and the facts thrown in in between were quite fascinating. definitely not a history flick....looking for thrills? watch this...

Diane Krueger is mainly a dispensable character, I think. Jon Voight kinda reminded me slightly of Sean COnnery in Indiana Jones...and thank God they had cast a sidekick JUSTIN BARTHA as Riley....else the movie would have been quite boring....:-)

alic88
nice nice movie.. i was entertained.. and i absolutely dont know what the critics were smokin wid the review of the movie they gave

MornGlory
It is hard to trust Nic Cage movies anymore- they just seem so craptastic anymore... you just never know!

and I hate the whole idea of a map being on the back of the constitution or wherever ...

it just doesnt look that entertaining...

Cinemaddiction
I personally can't think of any flops Nic Cage has been in recently.

Wolfie
Iono about this one... I like Nick Cage a lot but this looks really stupid. A map on the back of the Constitution? Finding keys or whatever on the pyramid on a dollar bill?

It looks enjoyable if you can sit through the movie without thinking.

The Tired Hiker
I just saw this movie and I liked it a lot. It was entertaining.

Abra
It reminds me a little of Dan Brown's "Angels & Demons" and "The DeVinci Code." Kind of the same idea.

The Tired Hiker
Yeah, I just read both of those. Very entertaining.

cal31
and please name one Cage movie that is bad that has been released lately

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.